Prayer For Children of Military Personally
Prayers for Children
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, I bless thee, that of thy infinite goodness thou hast preserved me this night past, and brought me in safety to this morning.
Withdraw not, I humbly beseech thee, thy protection from me, but take me under the care of thy providence this day.
Watch over me with the eyes of thy mercy, direct my soul and body according to the rule of thy will, that I may pass this and all my days to thy glory.
O Lord, I am but a child, and know not how to go out or come in; and I am in the midst of a sinful world. Give therefore unto thy servant an understanding heart, that I may know and choose the good, and abhor and shun that which is evil. According to thy mercy, think upon me, O Lord, for thy goodness. Make me to remember thee in the days of my youth.
O learn me true wisdom, and let the law of thy mouth be dearer to me than thousands of gold and silver and let my whole delight be therein.
O let me be devoted to thee from my childhood. Keep my heart all love of the world, of riches, or any other created thing, and fill it with the love of God. Thou knowest how many and powerful are the enemies of my soul, that seek to destroy it, the flesh and the devil.O Lord, help; O Lord, save; O Lord, deliver me from them. Give me grace to renounce them all, and to keep thy holy will and commandments all the days of my life. Show me and make me what I must be before I can inherit thy kingdom. Teach me thy truth as it is in Jesus. Save me from my own will, and let thine be done in me and by me.
O make me thy child by adoption and grace. Renew me daily with thy Holy Spirit, and guide me in all my ways, till thou hast perfected me for thy heavenly kingdom.
Make me dutiful to my parents, affectionate to my relations, obedient to my superiors, and loving towards all mankind.
And grant that as I grow in stature, I may grow in wisdom and in thy favour, till thou shalt take me to thine everlasting kingdom, there to dwell with thee for ever and ever, through Jesus Christ my Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.
“Our Father,” etc.
I DESIRE to offer unto thee, O Lord, my evening sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving for all thy mercies bestowed upon me. I bless thee for my creation, preservation, and, above all, for my redemption by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
I bless thee for bringing me safely to the conclusion of this day, and humbly implore the pardon of all the sins I have been guilty of, whether in thought, word, or deed.
Have mercy upon me, O God, and do thou free me from all the sins I have committed, and deliver me from the punishment I have deserved.
O thou blessed Guide of my youth, give me thy grace to seek after thee in my early years, that thou mayest not be unmindful of me in the time of age. Keep me from the evil of the world, and carry me safe through it to thy kingdom. Take care of me, and provide for me, and dispose of me in the world, as shall be most for thy glory and my good.
Leave me not to myself, in the hands of my own counsel, but let me be taught of God. Take thou, O Lord, the gracious charge, and guidance, and government of me, and fix in my heart thy fear and love, and direct all my ways to please not myself but thee.
O redeem me from the power of my sins by thy grace, and from the punishment of them by thy Blood, and by both bring me to thy glory.
I DESIRE, O my God, to give up myself wholly to thee. I would be thine, and only thine, for ever. O my God, my Saviour, turn not away thy face from a poor child that seeks thee. Give me to know that I am nothing, and can do nothing, of myself; and that if ever I am thine, I must be wholly indebted to thee for it.Let me be entirely devoted unto thee, and do thou make me obedient and faithful unto the end. Make me to remember thee in my bed, and think upon thee when I am waking; thou hast preserved me from the dangers of the day past, thou hast been my support ever since I was born.
Under the shadow of thy wings let me pass this night in comfort and peace. Keep me both in body and soul, and give me such rest as my body has need of. And grant, O Lord, that when I lay down my body in the grave, my soul may rise to life immortal, through the merits and intercession of thy dear Son, my Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
“Our Father,” etc.
A Prayer for Relations, Friends, &c., to be used after Morning and Evening Prayer
VOUCHSAFE, O Lord, to bless my father and mother, and all my relations, with the fear of thy name. Bless them in their souls and bodies; perfect them in every good word and work, and be thou their guide unto death.
Bless my friends, forgive my enemies; and grant unto all mankind the knowledge and love of thee. Have mercy upon all who are afflicted in mind, body, or estate. Give them patience under their sufferings, and a happy issue all their afflictions; and receive them and me at last into thy blessed kingdom, for Jesus Christ's sake. Amen.
Grace before Meals
O LORD, I beseech thee, give thy blessing with what thy mercy has here provided me with, that whether I eat or drink, or whatsoever I do, I may do all to thy glory and praise, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.
O LORD my God, I bless thy holy name for this mercy, which I have now received from thy bounty and goodness. Feed now my soul with thy grace, that I may make it my meat and drink to do thy gracious will, through Jesus Christ my Saviour. Amen.
Source: ‘John Wesley’s Journal’
Prayer for Troops
Priest: Let us pray for our brothers and sisters as they go forth with courage and determination to face the forces of violence, weapons of destruction and hearts filled with hate.
RESPONSE: THROUGH THE DARKNESS BRING US TO THE LIGHT.
Deacon or Reader:
For our Commander-In-Chief, President N.N., and our political and military leaders that they may tirelessly seek peaceful settlements to international disputes; we pray to the Lord:
That the Lord may preserve the members of our Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force from all harm; we pray to the Lord:
That even in war, we may keep clearly before us the defense of all human rights, especially the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; we pray to the Lord:
That the families, relatives and friends of our military members may be strengthened in this time of concern and anxiety; we pray to the Lord:
That the Lord may help families with men and women in the armed forces to cope with daily challenges in the absence of their loved ones; we pray to the Lord:
That our homeland will be preserved from violence and terrorism; we pray to the Lord:
That the nations of the world will seek to work together in harmony and peace; we pray to the Lord:
That the hearts of all men and women will be moved to pursue true peace and justice; we pray to the Lord:
That violence may be overcome by peace; that weapons of destruction be transformed into tools of justice, and hate give way to true charity; we pray to the Lord:
That grateful for and inspired by those veterans who have given their lives for our country we may bravely face the challenges ahead; we pray to the Lord:
Priest: Lord God, Almighty Father,creator of mankind and author of peace,as we are ever mindful of the cost paid for the liberty we possess,we ask you to bless the members of our armed forces.
Give them courage, hope and strength.May they ever experience your firm support, gentle love and compassionate healing.Be their power and protector, leading them from darkness to light.
To you be all glory, honor and praise, now and forever. Amen.
Prayers in a Time of War
- For TroopsAll-powerful and ever-living God,when Abraham left his native landand departed from his peopleyou kept him safe through all his journeys.Protect these soldiers.Be their constant companion and their strength in battle,their refuge in every adversity.Guide them, O Lord, that they may return home in safety.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer of a Spouse for a SoldierGod of power and might,at every moment and in every placeyou are near to those who call upon your name in faith.In marriage you have blessed us with a share in your divine love.Look upon my husband/wife and keep him/her in your safekeeping,no matter where the road may lead.
And when the battle is ended,bring him/her safely home to those who love him.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer of a Son or Daughter for a ParentLoving Godyou watch over each and every one of your childrenHear my prayer for my father/motherBe his/her constant companion.
Protect him/her no matter where he/she goes,and bring him/her safely and quickly home to those who love him/her.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer of a Parent for a SoldierFather all-powerful and ever-loving God,from before we were born,your love has nurtured and sustained us.Hear my prayer for N., my son/daughter.
Keep him/her safe in time of battleand faithful to you, day in and day out.Bring him/her safely home to those who love him/her.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer for Those who Await a Soldier's ReturnGod of all goodness,Look with love on those who waitfor the safe return of their loved oneswho serve in the armed forces of their country.
In faith and hope, we turn to you for comfort.Grant that we may trust in your mercyand send an angel to sustain us as we await their safe return.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- For Government LeadersGod of power and might, wisdom and justice,through you authority is rightly administered,laws are enacted, and judgment is decreed.
Assist with your spirit of counsel and fortitudethe President and other government leaders of these United States.May they always seekthe ways of righteousness, justice and mercy.Grant that they may be enabled by your powerful protectionto lead our country with honesty and integrity.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- For the Safety of SoldiersAlmighty and eternal God,those who take refuge in you will be gladand forever will shout for joy.Protect these soldiers as they discharge their duties.Protect them with the shield of your strengthand keep them safe from all evil and harm.
May the power of your love enable them to return homein safety, that with all who love them,they may ever praise you for your loving care.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- For our EnemiesJesus, Prince of Peace,you have asked us to love our enemiesand pray for those who persecute us.We pray for our enemies and those who oppose us.
With the help of the Holy Spirit,may all people learn to work togetherfor that justice which brings true and lasting peace.To you be glory and honor for ever and ever.
- For Courage in the time of BattleO Prince of peace, we humbly ask your protectionfor all our men and women in military service.
Give them unflinching courage to defendwith honor, dignity and devotion,the rights of all who are imperiledby injustice and evil.Be their rock, their shield, and their strongholdand let them draw their strength from you.For you are God, for ever and ever.
- In a Time of WaitingAll powerful and ever-living God,Guard our churches, our homes, our schools,our hospitals, our factories, and all the places where we gather.Deliver us from harm and peril.Protect our land and its peoples from enemies within and without.Grant an early peace with victory founded upon justice.
Instill in the hearts and minds of men and women everywherea firm purpose to live forever in peace and good will toward all.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
- For Deceased VeteransO God,by whose mercy the faithful departed find rest,look kindly on your departed veterans who gave theirlives in the service of their country.Grant that through the passion, death, and resurrection of your Sonthey may share in the joy of your heavenly kingdomand rejoice in you with your saints forever.We ask this through Christ our Lord.
A Soldier's Prayers
- For Families and friends Left At HomeO God, Protector of all people and nations,protect my family and friends at homefrom the violence and evil of others.Keep them safe from the weapons of hate and destructionand guard them against the deeds of evildoers.Grant them your protection and carein tranquility and peace.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- On the Eve of BattleGod of power and mercy,maker and love of peace,to know you is to live,and to serve you is to reign.Through the intercession of St. Michael, the archangel,be our protection in battle against all evil.
Help me [us] to overcome war and violenceand to establish your law of love and justice.Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- For Hope in the Midst of DestructionGod of mercy,you know the secrets of all human hearts,for you know who is just and you forgive the repentant sinner.
Hear my prayer in the midst of destruction;give me patience and hope,so that under your protection and with you as my guide,I may one day be reunited with my family and friendsin peace, tranquility, and love.Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer For Officers In CommandGod and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ,Hear my prayer for these soldiers under my command.Grant that I may bring the spirit of Christto all my efforts and ordersas I exercise my authority over those entrusted to my care.
Inform my judgment with your Holy Spiritso that I may make decisionsin conformity with your law and for the common good.Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- For Fellow CombatantsLord God,Remember Christ your Son who is peace itselfand who has washed away our hatred with His blood.
Because you love all men and women,look with mercy on all who are engaged in battle.Banish the violence and evil within all combatantsso that one day, we may all deserve to becalled your sons and your daughters.Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- For the innocent victims of warLord God,your own Son was delivered into the hands of the wicked,yet he prayed for his persecutorsand overcame hatred with the blood of the Cross.Relive the sufferings of the innocent victims of war;grant them peace of mind, healing of body,and a renewed faith in your protection and care.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.
- Prayer for refugees and victims of warLord God,no one is a stranger to youand no one is ever far from your loving care.In your kindness, watch over refugees and victims of war,those separated from their loved ones,young people who are lost,and those who have left home or who have run away from home.Bring them back safely to the place where they long to beand help us always to show your kindnessto strangers and to all in need
Grant this through Christ our Lord.
Powerful Prayers for Children and Kids [Quotes & Verses]
On this page you'll find bible verses and prayers for our children are the most precious things ever entrusted to us to raise, care for, and love unconditionally.
Children are our future, and as parents, it is our duty to provide them with support and aspirations to succeed in life.
And more importantly, to teach our children about the gift of Jesus Christ, how He is the King of Kings, and our Lord of Lords in all things, and at all times.
Our children often face challenges along the road to success with all the pressures of society; from academic related studies, to the pressures of fitting in with new social groups and peers at school.
Through the power of prayer, your child will have the protection and guidance they need for a successful start to their aspirations, and day-to-day life.
Because of prayer, you can have faith in the knowledge that you are giving your children everything they deserve, need and long for as beautiful human beings, but also as a child of God.
If the need for prayer and protection for your children is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always.
Please submit your prayer request today.
“Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.” Psalm 127:3
Prayer for Protection and Care Over Our Children
Heavenly Father, we praise you for Your love and faithfulness in all things. We thank You for your protection and care over our families. Thanks be to You for giving us wisdom and righteousness for raising our children. We confess that some days, parenting is very tough.
Many days we can feel anxious, stressed or overwhelmed. We ask that You would make us more You, more aware of your constant Presence in our lives. Help us to release our children to You, so that You are free to fully accomplish all that You desire within the hearts of our child(ren).
Please fill our day to day life with Your truth, and cover us with Your favor in all things. Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Salvation
Father, I pray that my children will learn and understand Your holy scriptures, which are able to make them wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. I pray that Your word will fill their minds and their hearts. May they come to know that You are the way, the truth, and the light.
Prayer for Child’s Health and Healing
Lord, according to Your Word, Jesus took stripes on His body so that we could be healed. He carried our infirmities, our downfalls, and bore our sicknesses to save us, and give us life.
Therefore, I ask for You to heal my child. I believe that they can and will be healed because of your miraculous power.
Please comfort them, watch over them, and give me the strength to do what is best for them in their time of need. Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Wisdom and Learning
I come to you Father, and pray that my children are knowledgeable and skillful in all wisdom, discernment, and understanding that I know is a gift from You.
I pray that they are competent to learn whatever they need to know, and that Your spirit fills them fully in all things. Lord, I know You can and You will give them the aptitude for understanding and wisdom when they are young, and when they are grown.
Their foundation starts with You, and I am grateful. In Your name I pray these things, Amen.
Prayer for Your Child’s Obedience to the Lord’s Will
My gracious Lord, I pray that my children conform to Your will in every purpose, thought and action at all times. When they are faced with decisions, that they will raise their eyes to You for guidance.
Life is full of uncertainty, but if they look to You in all things, I have deep faith in knowing You will lead them. I pray that they will follow Your plan for them, and always practice what is pleasing to You.
May Your everlasting love fill their hearts and minds before speaking, planning or moving forward when it comes to decision making.
May they always be obedient to You in their youth, and as they grow.
“He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.” Matthew 18:2-6
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” Exodus 20:12