Prayer For A Christ-Centered Marriage
Powerful Prayers for Marriage and Restoration [Quotes + Verses]
Do you feel your relationship is in trouble? Perhaps your better half has left, your marriage is on the rocks, or you simply feel place with the person you are with. You value the relationship that you have with your husband or wife, and you honor and respect the vows that you took in front of God and witnesses.
Despite the best of intentions, there are times when even the most perfect relationship has problems and issues. It is common for a member of the relationship to run-away from those problems, or refuse to face them by trying to leave the relationship and the home you’ve made together.
Do not despair, there is hope, you just have to find faith and encouragement from our gracious Lord above.
Prayer can repair the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people, who are intended to be together, back into a love filled marriage. Your union will know the love from the blessings of God if you keep your eyes on Him in all things. Through prayer, anything is possible.
God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can mend any bridges that may have been burned by conflict, clear away any confusion, and give you the power to forgive when needed most. If your relationship is in need of a blessing and you have nowhere to turn, always consider the power of prayer.
God is always there to listen, and his followers on earth are always ready to assist in having your prayer requests heard.
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Prayer for Restoring Marriage
Lord, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in grave trouble, and I need Your help and closeness. Please make changes in my spouse's heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together as we were before.
Fill us with Your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your life long wishes for us. Show us the harm caused by careless, uncalled for words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Heal the division between the two of us.
Make us one again. In Your precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
I seek a partner who enhances me by his/her very being.
who brings more love, joy, peace and prosperity to my life, Who I can love fully and who can fully receive my love, Who loves, honors and cherishes me completely, and always.
May my heart be open and my head be clear. May my life be ready to welcome True love. May I be embraced in a circle of your love An uplifted by your grace. And so it is.
Prayer for a Marriage In Need
My heart cries out to You, my Maker of Heaven and of Earth! Please bring healing to our broken hearts, bring restoration to our relationship, ignite lost passion, and inspire forgotten intimacy. Please transform the two of us from the inside out, and lead us in Your way. We trust in you, Precious Jesus. Always. Amen.
Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
Precious Savior, please pray that my heart's desire be granted, and the return of the love of my life would come to fruition.
I pray that my spouse/partner may have healed his/her wounds from the past, and forgiven all that has gone wrong between the two of us.
Lord, help my lost love be able to follow his/her heart to their desire and love me for me. I ask that we be forever reconciled as one, from this day forward.
Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
Heavenly Father, I come before you and lay this troubled marriage/relationship in your hands. I ask that you would revive this couple, and draw them toward happiness shared together.
I ask that you would renew their love and passion for one another, and that you would untangle the conflicts and strife that has damaged and angered them towards one another. Please bring understanding and tenderness of heart to both of them.
May they both embrace the miracle that you desire to do for them, and within their spirits. Amen.
Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
I lift up my heart to You today, my precious Lord. Please help us to rely on You more in our marriage when it comes to our finances. We can be easily distracted by the amount of money in our bank account, or even by the jobs we currently have.
Help us not to trust in the matter of money itself, but more importantly, trust in Your economy and Your word. May Your Holy Spirit fill us with wisdom in how to manage our finances, give us generous hearts to give to those in need, and teach us to not worry about money so much.
We pray there would be peace in our marriage, especially over finances, at all times, and in all ways. May Your presence keep us grounded, keep us calm, and keep us in Your will always.
Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
Lord, I feel my partner and I have had a difficult time clearly communicating with one another lately. We are both lacking in our compassion and understanding towards each other.
I pray we would be better than this, and that You will open our hearts to You. Holy Spirit, please help us be better communicators with each other.
I pray that we would live with understanding for what the other person is going through, and that we are thoughtful in our words and actions. Amen.
Bible Verses about Marriage:
“Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:9
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1Peter 4:8
“Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 9:9
Bible Verses About Marriage: 20 Great Scripture Quotes
The earliest use of the English word “marriage” dates back to the 13th century . Marriage by God’s design is the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:18).
Some say that it is the ceremony (wedding) that makes the man and woman married; God’s word tells us that it is the joining of flesh that makes the marriage (Genesis 2:24).
Here are twenty great Scripture quotes about marriage.
God’s Plan for Marriage
Genesis 1:27-28 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Let marriage be held in honor among all
Genesis 2:21-25 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.
Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Malachi 2:14,15 But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.
1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
Children Given for Marriage
Genesis 29:22,23 So Laban gathered together all the people of the place and made a feast. But in the evening he took his daughter Leah and brought her to Jacob, and he went in to her.
Judges 1:12 And Caleb said, “He who attacks Kiriath-sepher and captures it, I will give him Achsah my daughter for a wife.” And Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb’s younger brother, captured it. And he gave him Achsah his daughter for a wife.
1 Samuel 17:25 And the men of Israel said, “Have you seen this man who has come up? Surely he has come up to defy Israel. And the king will enrich the man who kills him with great riches and will give him his daughter and make his father’s house free in Israel.”
1 Samuel 18:20,21 Now Saul’s daughter Michal loved David. And they told Saul, and the thing pleased him. Saul thought, “Let me give her to him, that she may be a snare for him and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him.” Therefore Saul said to David a second time, “You shall now be my son-in-law.”
Popular Bible Marriages/Weddings
Genesis 24:67 Then Isaac brought her into the tent of Sarah his mother and took Rebekah, and she became his wife, and he loved her. So Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.
1 Samuel 25:40-42 When the servants of David came to Abigail at Carmel, they said to her, “David has sent us to you to take you to him as his wife.
” And she rose and bowed with her face to the ground and said, “Behold, your handmaid is a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord.
” And Abigail hurried and rose and mounted a donkey, and her five young women attended her. She followed the messengers of David and became his wife.
Ruth 4:13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife. And he went in to her, and the LORD gave her conception, and she bore a son.
Esther 2:16-18 And when Esther was taken to King Ahasuerus, into his royal palace, in the tenth month, which is the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign, the king loved Esther more than all the women, and she won grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins, so that he set the royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. Then the king gave a great feast for all his officials and servants; it was Esther’s feast. He also granted a remission of taxes to the provinces and gave gifts with royal generosity.
Luke 2:4,5 (KJV) And Joseph also went up from Galilee, the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
John 2:1,2 On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples.
What the Earthly Marriage Symbolizes
Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.
Ephesians 5:23,24,32 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
Revelation 19:7-9 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
Revelation 21:9-14 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.
”And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance a most rare jewel, a jasper, clear as crystal.
It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed—on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates.
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Christian Quotes About Marriage
“Marriage is an exclusive union between one man and one woman, publicly acknowledged, permanently sealed, and physically consummated.” ~ Selwyn Hughes
“The monstrosity of sexual intercourse outside marriage is that those who indulge in it are trying to isolate one kind of union (the sexual) from all the other kinds of union which were intended to go along with it and make up the total union.” ~ C.S. Lewis
“A man doesn’t own his marriage; he is only the steward of his wife’s love.” ~ Edwin Louis Cole (Ed Cole)
“God created marriage. No government subcommittee envisioned it. No social organization developed it. Marriage was conceived and born in the mind of God.” ~ Max Lucado
“Fifty-fifty marriages are an impossibility. They do not work. They cannot work. In marriage someone has to be the final decision maker. Someone has to delegate responsibility, and God has ordained that this should be the husband. ” ~ Wayne Mack
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”
The Holy Bible, King James Version
Source:  //www.myetymology.com/english/marriage.html
www..com Song ” I Will Be Here For You”- Michael W. Smith
Image: Rosen Georgiev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Would you to get the daily question in your messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
as: Bible Verses by Topic, Christian Quotes, Marriage, matrimony, wedding, wedlock
Share this post: SU | Reddit | Digg | |
Marriage and weddings
Christians believe that marriage is a gift from God, one that should not be taken for granted. It is the right atmosphere to engage in sexual relations and to build a family life. Getting married in a church, in front of God, is very important.
A marriage is a public declaration of love and commitment. This declaration is made in front of friends and family in a church ceremony.
The history of marriage
Marriage vows, in the form “To have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part”, have been recited at UK church weddings since 1552.
But before the wedding service was written into the Book of Common Prayer, marriages were much more informal: couples could simply promise themselves to one another at any time or place and the spoken word was as good as the written contract.
In this audio clip, three academics – Janet Soskice, Reader in Modern Theology and Philosophical Theology, Cambridge University; Frederik Pedersen, Lecturer in History, Aberdeen University; and Christina Hardyment, social historian and journalist – discuss the history of and the role of state and church in marriage.The Catholic Church teaches that marriage is God's doing: “God himself is the author of marriage”, which is his way of showing love for those he created. Because a marriage is a divine institution it can never be broken, even if the partners are legally divorced: as long as they are both alive, the Church considers them bound together by God.
Catholics are encouraged to marry other Catholics in order to attain a “perfect union of mind and full communion of life”, but it is also the priest's duty to remember that marriage is part of God's natural law and to support the couple if they do choose to marry.
Today in countries throughout the world it is common for Catholics to enter into a 'mixed marriage' (a marriage between a Catholic and a baptised non-Catholic).
Couples entering into a mixed marriage are usually allowed to marry in a Catholic church provided they have embraced the following principles:
- They have chosen to marry of their own accord with no external pressure
- They intend to remain together for life
- They intend to be faithful to each other
- They intend to have children if the bride is of childbearing age
When one member of the couple is not a Catholic, a dispensation is required for a mixed marriage to take place. This is normally granted by the priest who is conducting the marriage.
If one of the partners is not baptised (they belong to a non-Christian religion, or to none) a dispensation for 'disparity of the cult' is required. This must be granted by the bishop. It is usually a straightforward matter as long as the dispensation is applied for in time. The priest will usually take care of the paperwork.
Catholic teaching on marriage to non-Catholics
The Catechism of the Catholic Church recognises that mixed marriages can pose difficulties but it also points towards the importance of growing together through dialogue and a common faith in Jesus Christ.
The Catechism also makes a distinction between a mixed marriage and a marriage with 'disparity of cult' (a marriage between a Catholic and non-baptised person).
Priests are required by the Church to ensure that such marriages will not endanger the faith of the Catholic partner. In practice, priests will judge each situation on a case by case basis.If difficulties arise, it is the pastoral duty of the priest to raise questions and initiate a frank discussion with the couple.
He would use the same logic as any other situation in life where the faith of a Catholic could be in jeopardy.
While the Church urges caution in the case of marriages between Catholics and non-Catholics, it does not prevent a Catholic from marrying the person of their choice.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church sets out the position:
Before a marriage takes place, a couple must spend time with the priest to talk about the sanctity of marriage and their role within the church in preparation for their life together. Questions concerning family and children, money issues, lifestyle choices and religion will be asked.
These marriage preparations are known as pre-Cana. It is an educational and maturing process for married life. Pre-Cana can take place over six months or an intensive weekend course and is mandatory for Catholics wishing to get married.
Whilst a couple is engaged but not yet married, they are expected to refrain from sexual activity: “They should reserve for marriage the expressions of affection that belong to married love”. This is because the Church teaches that sex is part of the procreation process and should only happen within the right framework, which is marriage.
A Catholic wedding ceremony
There are two types of Catholic marriage ceremony. One is with Mass and celebrates the Eucharist, which lasts for about an hour. The other is without Mass and only takes about 20 minutes.
The ceremony including Mass is as follows:
- Entrance rite: there is a procession, which may include a hymn. The priest greets the congregation then the Penitential rite and opening prayers are said.
- Liturgy of the Word: Bible readings, one from the Old Testament, a responsorial psalm, a New Testament reading, a Gospel acclamation, a Gospel reading and a homily (a practical sermon, not a theological one)
- The rite of marriage: questions are asked about the couples' faithfulness to one another and their willingness to bring up children. Then the vows are made and the rings are exchanged.
- Liturgy of the Eucharist: gifts are presented and the altar is prepared. Then the Eucharist prayer is said. Then the following are sung: Sanctus Sanctus, Memorial acclamation and Great Amen.
- Communion rite: The Lord's Prayer is said which is followed by a nuptial blessing. Then follows the Sign of Peace, Agnus Dei and Communion Hymn (sung).
- Concluding rite: The final blessing is made, there is a dismissal and the couple kiss. There is a recessional hymn which accompanies everyone the church.
In a wedding without Mass, the Liturgy of the Eucharist is missed out.
Official Catholic doctrine regarding marriage
Marriage Restoration Prayer Points
Many marriages are under attack from demons, the society or the couples themselves. And some marriages have been marred, separated or dissolved because of this.
But, these prayer points can assist you in your plight for restoration of your marriage. If your marriage is already under attack, these prayer points are perfect for you.
Pray them as often as you can, until you receive victory.
- Jesus I thank You for Your grace, love, protection and provisions in my life and family.
- Father God, I appreciate You for all the good things You have done in my life and marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I confess and repent of every sin I have committed, in Jesus’ name.
- I bring my marriage under God’s right hand of restoration today.
- And I pray for divine intervention in my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Restore and renew our love as couples, oh Lord.
- Bring back to us our joy, peace and comfort of marriage. In the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, rekindle the longing and passion we had for each other; to be in each other hand, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, cause our hearts to be united in love, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, take away every evil seed or fruit of separation, hatred, malice and divorce the enemy has sown in our marriage, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Deliverance and Restoration
- Father, remove from me anything negatively affecting the success of my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, take away from me every habit, custom or tradition driving my spouse away from me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, deliver me from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, set me free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
- Father God, remove stubbornness from me, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, change me and help me to contribute positively to the success of my marriage, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, help me to be faithful in my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I command total restoration of my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, bring a wind of fresh love, joy, peace and comfort upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father remove from my spouse anything negatively affecting the success of our marriage, in Jesus’ name.
Transformation of Spouse
- LORD, take away from my spouse every habit, custom or tradition bringing a separation into our marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, deliver my spouse from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, set my spouse free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
- Father God, remove stubbornness from my spouse, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, change my spouse and help him/her to contribute positively to the success of our marriage, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, help my spouse to be faithful in our marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I command the fire of the Holy Ghost to consume every imagination of the powers of darkness to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil hand stretched out against the success of my marriage, I destroy you, by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I release, the consuming fire of God upon any person or personality fighting against my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- The word of God declares, “…what therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” I declare, in accordance with the Word of God, that no man or woman can be able to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
Binding and Loosing
- Therefore, let God chase away any person determined to scatter my marriage.
- I break in pieces every horn scattering my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- And I rebuke and reject every agent of darkness sent to wreck my marriage.
- Because of the blood of Jesus, I shatter every covenant that gives the enemy upper hand to hinder the success of my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- So, I destroy every evil foundations against the prosperity of my marriage.
- wise, I free my marriage from every form of manipulation, in Jesus’ name.
- And I command the blessings of God upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Therefore, I command total restoration of everything the enemy has taken from my marriage.
- And I retrieve back my marriage, from the hands of the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
- Thank God for answers to your prayers.
Please, kindly spare a few moments of your time to Pray For Someone
You can send your prayer request to us HERE. We are delighted to bring them before the throne of God. Visitors to our site can also pray for you.
The LORD is answering our prayers. Keep on praying! God Almighty intervenes when pray fervently.