Prayer For All Who Show God’s Mercy
Divine Mercy | Facts, Resources and Prayers
Faustina was asked by her spiritual director and confessor to ask Jesus what the blue and red rays meant.
“During prayer I heard these words within me: The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous.
The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls…These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father.
Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him.”
We are not only to receive the mercy of God, but to use it by being merciful to others through our actions, our words, and our prayers; in other words, we are to practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works (Acts) of Mercy.
The Lord wants us to do these works of mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no use without works.
Jesus’ Call to Mercy
“I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.
I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbor:
the first — by deed, the second — by word, the third — by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for Me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy.
Many souls … are often worried because they do not have the material means with which to carry out an act of mercy. Yet spiritual mercy, which requires neither permissions nor storehouses, is much more meritorious and is within the grasp of every soul.
If a soul does not exercise mercy somehow or other, it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment. Oh, if only souls knew how to gather eternal treasure for themselves, they would not be judged, for they would forestall My judgment with their mercy” (1317).
What are the Works of Mercy?
How to Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Begin with the Sign of the Cross, Recite One (1) Our Father, Recite One (1) Hail Mary and Recite One (1) The Apostles Creed.
- Then on the large beads on a Rosary – (Our Father Beads) say the following: Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world
- On the smaller beads (10 Hail Mary Beads) say the following: For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. (Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades).
- Conclude with (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Prayer for Mercy
Oh My Jesus – Forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy.
The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy as a Novena
The Lord told me to say this chaplet for nine days before the Feast of Mercy. It is to begin on Good Friday. By this novena, I will grant every possible grace to souls. (Diary, 796)
Novena to The Divine Mercy which Jesus instructed me to write down and make before the Feast of Mercy. It begins on Good Friday.
“I desire that during these nine days you bring souls to the fount of My mercy, that they may draw therefrom strength and refreshment and whatever graces they need in the hardships of life and, especially, at the hour of death.
On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My bitter Passion, for graces for these souls.”
- First Day: Today, bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me. (1210)
- Second Day: Today bring to Me the souls of priests and religious, and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave Me the strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them, as through channels, My mercy flows out upon mankind. (1212)
- Third Day: Today bring to Me all devout and faithful souls, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought Me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were that drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness. (1214)
- Fourth Day: Today bring to Me the pagans and those who do not yet know me. I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. (1216)
- Fifth Day: Today bring to Me the souls of heretics and schismatic, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart; that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church, My wounds heal, and in this way they alleviate My Passion. (1218)
- Sixth Day: Today bring to Me the meek and humble souls and the souls of little children, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who would keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. Only the humble soul is able to receive My grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence. (1220)
- Seventh Day: Today bring to Me the souls who especially venerate and glorify My mercy, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over My Passion and entered most deeply into My Spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death. (1224)
- Eighth Day: Today bring to Me the souls who are in the prison of Purgatory, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice. (1226)
- Ninth Day: Today bring to Me souls who have become lukewarm, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: “Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.” For them, the last hope of salvation is to flee to My mercy. (1228)
What is the Divine Mercy?
In 1933, God gave Sister Faustina a striking vision of His Mercy, Sister tells us:
“I saw a great light, with God the Father in the midst of it. Between this light and the earth I saw Jesus nailed to the Cross and in such a way that God, wanting to look upon the earth, had to look through Our Lord’s wounds and I understood that God blessed the earth for the sake of Jesus.”
Of another vision on Sept. 13, 1935, she writes:
“I saw an Angel, the executor of God’s wrath… about to strike the earth…I began to beg God earnestly for the world with words which I heard interiorly. As I prayed in this way, I saw the Angel’s helplessness, and he could not carry out the just punishment….”
The following day an inner voice taught her to say this prayer on ordinary rosary beads:
“First say one ‘Our Father’, ‘Hail Mary’, and ‘I believe’.
Then on the large beads say the following words:
‘Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.’
On the smaller beads you are to say the following words:
‘For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world.’
In conclusion you are to say these words three times:
‘Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world’.
Jesus said later to Sister Faustina:
“Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope.
Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy.
I want to give unimaginable graces to
those who trust in My Mercy….”
“….When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior”.
Christ died so that you might live
100 Powerful Divine Mercy Prayer
Skip to content
In a world as crazy as ours, one couldn’t do without divine mercy.When a life enjoys divine mercy, it’s so easy to see as the lines fall in pleasant places for such.
The following prayers are sure ways to attract divine mercy into your life.
Divine Mercy Prayers
1. As I set out today, I look to you, giver of all good things. Have mercy on me. Let my day be awesome.
2. I have messed up. Done things I shouldn’t have. Now I’m faced with consequences too hard to bear. Please forgive me, Lord. Let your mercy prevail over judgment.
3. I look to heavens, from where my help comes. Show me mercy. Let me smile again.
4. Let mercy line my path. Let favour surround me. Let it be known that my God is great.5. Mercy in judgement, that’s all I crave. If I’m dealt with according to my sins, then I won’t survive.
6. When I go out to stand before great men. Let me encounter grace. Let doors open for me that I may praise you.
7. The world is full of cruelty, enemies abound. All I pray for is mercy, that I may overcome always.
8. I trust in you and your unfailing mercy. Let every fear in me be dispelled. Give me the courage of a warrior to overcome all of life’s challenges.
9. Don’t let me be tempted beyond what I can bear.
Give me the grace to stand in faith. Let your mercy be available for me.
10. Dear Lord,
You have promised to always stand by me. Now I need you more than ever. Let your mercy see me through. Let your love surround me.
11. Abba Father, Hear my plea for help and for strength and for mercy. Help me find a way. Lead me this situation.
12. I’m knocked down. It appears there’s nothing else to live for. Before I give up, I’m crying out one last time: have mercy on me, Lord. Let me smile again.13. When you show me mercy, then what man thinks wouldn’t matter. That’s why I’m on my knees pleading, have mercy oh Lord.
14. Don’t leave me at the mercy of human beings, they’d destroy without flinching. I crave your mercy oh Lord. Please fight my cause.
15. When mercy speaks, life is easy. Cause mercy to speak for me that I may enjoy life.
16. Let me be the righteous man whose life attracts your mercy and favour. Amen
17. Be gracious to me oh Lord, let your unfailing mercy attend me. Let your peace overflow my heart.
18. When the enemy surrounds me a flood and my soul is overwhelmed with fear, then I will cry to you for mercy and you will save me by your grace.
19. Peace a river, overflowing mercy. That’s all I pray for, that it may be well with me.
20. With divine mercy, I’ll overcome enemies stronger than me. Help me Lord according to the multitude of your mercy.
Lord, Have Mercy on Me
Lord, Have Mercy on Me
21. Oh God of all flesh from whom mercy flows, cause my life to be flooded with divine mercy. Let your favour set me apart.
22. Gracious mighty God, be merciful unto me. Save me or I die.
23. I covet your mercy oh Lord. Show me mercy in all my endeavours, that my hand may yield a plentiful harvest.
24. I could run all day and all night, yet not reach my goals. Your mercy makes the difference. Show me mercy Lord.25. Without mercy, all efforts are in vain. Have mercy on me, Lord, cause your favour to shine on me, let my labour not be in vain.
26. Don’t let me go down the miry lane of perversion. Let your mercy intervene.
27. In lowliness of heart, I cry to you. You are the fountain of mercy. Let your mercy blot out my sins and make me whole again.
28. My punishment has run its course, my heart is contrite now. Have mercy on me oh Lord. Restore my glory.
29. I am at that point where I can’t muster the courage to go further. Here I am in surrender. I’m letting go and letting you take over, have mercy.
30. Mercy is all I need in this wicked world. Let your mercy shield me from wicked people. Let your mercy Show me the way to go.
31. Let my heart seek you always. Let my gaze be focused on you that I may enjoy your mercy and grace all the days of my life.
32. Your mercy keeps the mind at peace and keeps a life safe. Keep me safe, oh Lord, by your mercy.
33. A moment of your mercy overshadows a lifetime of struggle. Let your face shine on me. Let my life enjoy your mercy.34. It’s not of him that willeth but of God that showeth mercy, so your holy word says. Henceforth, I stop willing and rely on your mercy solely. Lead me.
35. I have been swift, yet the race has not gone my way. Let your mercy make the difference in my hustle.
36. Let your mercy flow a river and subsume shame in my life. Let your grace attend me that I may lift my head high again.
37. Let your mercy guide my choices. Let me choose life, let me choose peace.
38. Don’t let me sink in the miry pool of sin. Let your mercy search me out. Let it cleanse me and wrap me with beauty.
39. I have since lost my way, chasing after false dreams but you searched me out in your mercy and you wrapped me in your love.
40. Blessed is the man whom the Lord’s mercy covers. May I be called blessed.
I Receive Your Mercy, Lord
I Receive Your Mercy, Lord
41. Beautiful is the life that enjoys the Lord’s mercy. Let me be that life clothed in your mercy, that my life may radiate beauty for all to see.
42. Embrace me with your mercy, surround me with your grace. Let me sing the song of a victor and smile with satisfaction.
43. I will tire easily if your grace doesn’t back me. I will go down in misery if your mercy does not attend me. Have mercy on me oh Lord, let my joy be full.44. My prayer today and always is that I enjoy your mercy and your favour in all my endeavours.
45. As I face this test, let your mercy distinguish me from my peers. Let me excel and shine beyond measure.
46. May I find mercy before my examiners. May my efforts yield outstanding success.
47. Mercy to cover my errors and make my efforts shine, these I pray for, may it be mine.
48. May your mercy bring my efforts to spotlight. Let it colour me so beautiful, that all may come to the brightness of my shinning.
49. Let your mercy flow, that the little things I do may amount to greatness.
50. I’ve laboured, I’m stressed out and resigned. Now I look to you for mercy to bless my labour with favour.
51. When my work is done and dusted, let me be able to look back with joy and say your mercy helped me.
52. Your mercy sets me apart, making me shine always. What will I ever do without your mercy? What will I do without your grace?53. I’ve gone my way, I’ve followed my path. I’m at a dead end with nowhere to turn. So I’m looking up to you, help me, Lord. Save me, let me find a way.
54. Don’t let me go down the way of the pervert, let your mercy turn my life around.
55. Let your mercy drops, dew, fall on me. Let it wet my life with goodness and make me bloom beautifully.
56. Your mercy flows a river, refreshing the thirsty, satisfying the famished. Let it flow unceasingly into my life.
57. When the fire of life threatens to burn, I run into the flood of your mercy. The strong tower of your love shields me.
58. Life is not panning out as expected. Ideas are not flying as they ought. So here I am calling out to you for mercy and reaching out to touch your grace.
59. Choices poorly made, landed me in my current state. Now all I need is your mercy to rescue me.
60. Have mercy on me, save me from consequences too difficult to bear. Save me by your grace.
Grant Me Your Mercy, Lord
Grant Me Your Mercy, Lord
61. Let your mercy locate me today to attend me in all my endeavours. Let your face shine that my efforts may be blessed.
62. Let your mercy take the burning edge off the sun. Let dews of mercy refresh me.
63. A life without mercy, a rough life. Let your mercy smoothen every crooked path for me.64. Let your mercy straighten every crooked path for me and loosen out every knot, that I may see clearly the way to go.
65. Life is hard and tough. The competition is stiffer than I can bear. Let your mercy distinguish me, Lord, that I won’t have to labour so hard.
66. I’m at the junction of decisions. Let your mercy guide me, that I may make the right decision.
67. In this life, I can never be stranded. I have a merciful father who leads me to green pastures.
68. Guide me gently loving saviour. Lead me by your mercy to solid ground.
69. When life threatens to overwhelm, let your mercy rescue me, Lord.
70. The Lord rescues me from all evil. He is my refuge. He delivers me by his mercy.
71. When the road is all uphill and life doesn’t seem to have any meaning. When on the verge of giving up, reach out to the higher help. He delivers by his mercy.
72. You’re overwhelmed and I see you’re on the verge of losing all. I pray the mercy of God will keep you strong. I pray He will ignite in you the fire to fight and help you overcome all your challenges.
73. Whatever you’re passing through at this period, I pray the mercy of the Lord will sustain you. His hand will uphold you and you shall laugh last.74. May the Lord embrace you with his mercy and wrap you with his favour. May you enjoy grace.
75. When mercy locates a man, every other thing falls in place for him. May the mercy of God locate you today and catapult you to greatness.
76. Keep labouring in faithfulness. At the appointed time, God’s mercy will locate you and connect you with greatness.
77. As you look up to heavens, may God’s mercy grant that your prayers be answered speedily.
78. Don’t waver, don’t doubt, at God’s time, his mercy will locate you, shoot you up from the miry clay and take you to heights unimaginable.
79. When you go out in the morning, divine mercy will accompany you. When you come back his favour will be your companion. It shall be well with you.
80. As you stand before your examiners today, may the mercy of God surround you so that you’ll have the perfect answer for every question. May you shine.
Your Mercy is All I Need, Lord
Your Mercy is All I Need, Lord
81. May the mercy of the most high accompany on your journey. May he keep you from harm’s way and bring you safely to your destination.
82. May God’s mercy colour your efforts and cover your errors. May you outshine your peers.
83. No matter how hard your life journey seems, God’s mercy is always at hand, waiting for you to surrender and call out for help.84. You’re the rock I stand on, every other ground is sinking sand. Save me by your mercy and rescue me by your grace.
85. Mercy is what we need as a people that we may be saved. Look upon us oh Lord, let there be a turnaround.
86. Please, Lord, I’m tired of my sinful ways, it has yielded nothing but trouble. Here am I in deep repentance, have mercy on me. Save me by your grace.
87. Here am I oh Lord, I’ve come to you in acknowledgement that you alone can help me. Help me oh Lord according to the multitude of thy mercy.
88. I can not bear your anger. It’d destroy me in a twinkle of an eye. Have mercy on me, Lord. Forgive me and I’ll be changed.
88. Let your mercy preserve me from sin so that my life will not attract destruction.
89. I commit my work to your hands oh giver of good things. Let your mercy elevate me.
90. My life and all are in your arms. Let your mercy preserve me and save me from wicked people.91. Don’t withdraw your mercy from me, Lord. I breathe it, I live it. I couldn’t survive without it.
92. Here I am on my knees, seeking your face, imploring your mercy. I’ll remain here until you hear me and show me your mercy.
93. Draw me nearer Lord, let me taste your mercy, let me bask in your grace.
94. You’re all I have. You’re all I need. Your mercy satisfies me, it is enough for me.
95. Your mercy has kept me this far. Chastising me, guiding me. May your mercy never cease in my life.
96. I can’t do without your mercy. I rely on it to save me to the uttermost. Let your mercy preserve me until your coming.
97. While I wandered about in sin, your mercy was out searching for me. It eventually located and rescued me from destruction. I still rely on you, Lord. Never leave me to my own devices.
98. I cry out in anguish, have mercy on me, Lord. Rescue me, save me. Take me from the miry clay, set my feet on the rock.
99. To thee oh God divine, I cry out for mercy. Have mercy Lord, have mercy.
100. Thou would show mercy to whom it pleases you to show mercy. Let it please you to show me mercy. Let me find favour in your sight. Amen.