To Conceive Following A Sill-Born Baby
Conceiving A Child: How To Conceive a Baby By Following These 20 Simple Rules
Sign Up for my FREE Fertility eBook & eCourse
Conceiving a child takes a little bit of practice and time. If you want to increase your odds of getting pregnant follow these 20 simple rules:
1. Start taking fertility vitamins, which are specifically designed to increase both male and female fertility. Women should take at least 1,000mg of folic acid daily to prevent neural birth defects.
2. Get a basal body thermometer and measure your basal body temperature daily. Learn how to chart your monthly cycle in order to know when you ovulate. many couples make the mistake of assuming that they ovulate on day 14. This is a misconception because not all women ovulate the same time during the month. Some women ovulate earlier and some later than what they think.
3. Learning how to identify your unique fertility signs while conceiving a child is very important. Keep a record of your ovulation pain, cravings, mood changes, lower back pain, nausea, headaches, etc.
4. If you fly or are unwell, your basal body temperature will be higher than usual, but it does not mean that you are ovulating.
5. Chart the positioning of your cervix while conceiving a child. Your cervix appears soft and open during ovulation and high and closed during your non-fertile period.
6. Record the chances of your cervical mucus. You fertile mucus looks raw egg white and is stretchy. You need to have lots of this type of mucus while ovulating in order to keep the sperm healthy while conceving a child.
7. You may want to invest some money on a saliva fertility monitor. This type of instrument is very easy to use and tells you when you are about to ovulate 4 days before.
Have intercourse 4-5 days leading up to ovulation and then every 48 hours during your fertile period.
Having sex should be fun and never a chore! Lying down for at least a 15 minutes after intercourse increases the odds of conception.
9. Avoid coffee, alcohol, cigarette smoking. Drink lots of water, fresh fruits and vegetables every day and consume only organic meat. Avoid meat treated with hormones or antibiotics while conceiving a child. Keep your cell phone away from your body, avoid exposure to radiation and hazardous materials.
10. Practice relaxation daily while conceiving a child. Take up fertility yoga and say fertility affirmations to help you cope with the stress and pressure of getting pregnant. Organize romantic vacations where you get to have fun, bond, and relax.
11. Avoid scented tampons, vaginal sprays, douching, and artificial lubricants, because they alter the natural pH of the vagina possibly making this environment unfriendly to sperm.
12. Avoid checking your fertile mucus after swimming, bathing, or showering because the cervical mucus observation will not be as accurate.
13. Get screened for sexually transmitted diseases because they are the leading cause of pelvic inflammatory conditions related to infertility.
14. Promptly treat recurrent yeast infections naturally. Homeopathic remedy “Candida” or “Borax” are among the chief remedies to treat this condition naturally.
Also, eat lots of plain yogurt and take acidophilus capsules daily for months to make sure your yeast infection is under control.
Use protected sex to prevent cross contamination with your partner until your are completely cured.
15. If your BMI (body Mass Index) is higher than 25, try to lose weight. If your BMI is lower than 18.5, you need to weight gain. Good hormonal health is achieved within these healthy BMI leaves.
16. Have your doctor check the health of your thyroid gland. Many women have low thyroid function affecting their fertility without even knowing it. Avoid chlorinated and fluorinated water at all cost. Drink only filtered water.
If your Iodine intake is low, eat sea weeds kelp. If you have been diagnosed with borderline thyroid disorder, follow a natural thyroid diet.
17. Have a fertility massage once a week if you want to increase your chances of conceving a child.
Fertility massage is said to increase blood flow to the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus increasing fertility and restoring hormonal imbalance.Fertility massage can also help you relax and it is particularly effective in breaking down pelvic scarring caused by pelvic inflammation PCOS, endometriosis, or fibroids.
18. Do a fertility cleanse. A parasite cleanse is often recommended together with a liver and colon cleanse before but not while conceiving a child.
19. If you suffer from any condition that is preventing you from getting pregnant, see a natural health practitioner before seeing a fertility specialist. This will prevent the physical and financial stress of fertility treatments while avoiding the side effects of medical fertility drugs.
20. While conceiving a child, make sure to follow a fertility diet. Eat foods that increase your fertility, but most importantly eat low glycemic index foods and keep your blood glucose levels under control.
How to Conceive A Baby With A Little Help
Most couples decide that a natural approach to conception isthe best way to start trying for a baby. Natural health therapies vitamins, herbs, yoga and using a fertility monitor are all very effective waysto increase your chances of conception naturally.
Fertility vitamins for men and women will help you while conceiving a baby. the principles of Holistic Medicine with effectiveness proven by double-blinded clinical studies, getting pregnant naturally has never been easier.
Discover how to create hormonal balance, support ovarian function and increase fertile mucus production by taking female fertility supplements.
For male infertility issues, 100% natural male fertility nutraceuticals increase sperm count, improve sperm morphology, motility and overall quality.
You can find more information on this fertility site.
How To Plan Your Pregnancy
There are many factors that affects your ability to conceive: your diet, your ovulation cycle, your life style, your level of stress and much more.
If you are over 35 and are planning to get pregnant, you may be in need of additional planning to increase your chances of conception.
Failing to plan for pregnancy is one of the most common causes of infertility.
Couples who do not plan are at higher riscks of miscarriage, birth defects, and problems during pregnacy.To plan you pregnancy and overcome infertility, read this eBook.
Conceiving a child will be so much easier if you do.
Return from Conceiving a Child to Return to How To Get Pregnant
Return to Natural Health for Fertility Home
Frozen embryo conceived the year after her mother was born
Emma Wren Gibson, delivered November 25 by Dr. Jeffrey Keenan, medical director of the National Embryo Donation Center, is the result of an embryo originally frozen on October 14, 1992.
Emma's parents, Tina and Benjamin Gibson of eastern Tennessee, admit feeling surprised when they were told the exact age of the embryo thawed March 13 by Carol Sommerfelt, embryology lab director at the National Embryo Donation Center.
“Do you realize I'm only 25? This embryo and I could have been best friends,” Tina Gibson said.
Today, Tina, now 26, explained to CNN, “I just wanted a baby. I don't care if it's a world record or not.”
Sommerfelt said the birth is “pretty exciting considering how long the embryos had been frozen.” Previously, the oldest known frozen embryo that came to successful birth was 20 years old.
Weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces and measuring 20 inches long, Emma is a healthy baby girl, and that's the only thought on her parents' minds.
“We're just so thankful and blessed. She's a precious Christmas gift from the Lord,” Tina said. “We're just so grateful.”
Despite not sharing genes, Benjamin, 33, said that Emma feels completely his own child. “As soon as she came out, I fell in love with her,” he said.Emma's story begins long before the Gibsons “adopted” her (and four sibling embryos from the same egg donor). Created for in vitro fertilization by another, anonymous couple, the embryos had been left in storage so they could be used by someone unable or unwilling to conceive a child naturally.
These are “snowbabies,” lingering in icy suspension, potential human lives waiting to be born.
Infertility and fostering
Seven years ago, the Gibsons married, refusing to allow a dark cloud to shadow their love. “My husband has cystic fibrosis, so infertility is common,” Tina said, adding that they had found peace with it. “We had decided that we were more than ly going to adopt, and we were fine with that.”
Before trying to implant an embryo, they fostered several children and enjoyed doing so.
During a break between fosters, they decided to take a week-long vacation. As they were dropping off their dog at her parents' house, Tina's father stopped them.
“I saw something on the news today. It's called embryo adoption, and they would implant an embryo in you, and you could carry a baby,” he told his daughter.
“I was , 'Well, that's nice, Dad, but we're not interested. We're knee-deep in foster care right now,' ” Tina recalled with a laugh. “I kind of blew it off. I had no interest in it.”
But during the eight-hour car trip, Tina could not stop thinking about her father's words. “It was playing in my mind over and over and over,” she said. Hours into her journey, she turned to Benjamin and asked what he thought about “this embryo adoption.” He too had been thinking about it “the whole time.”
Tina started researching on her phone, sharing information with Benjamin as he drove. “I knew everything about it before I got off that vacation,” she said. She knew, for instance, that the National Embryo Donation Center was based in Knoxville, Tennessee, and could facilitate a frozen embryo transfer.
Still, she was not immediately ready. Weeks passed.
“During August of last year, I just came home one day; I looked at Benjamin, and I said, 'I think we need to submit an application for embryo adoption,' ” she explained. “On a whim, we filled out an application and submitted that night.”
''It's a world record!'
By December, she was on medication to do a “mock transfer”: essentially a series of medical examinations to see whether her uterus would be physically capable of receiving an implanted embryo. In January, the tests were complete, and though Tina required a small procedure to remove a polyp from her uterus, she was eligible for implantation.
Next, a home study was performed, said Mark Mellinger, marketing and development director for the National Embryo Donation Center. This part of the process, conducted by a partner organization run by a social worker, is “just the standard home study that mimics any home study that anybody would go through in a traditional adoption process.”
Families who have been approved by the state generally pass the requirements set by the donation center. “Very rarely does a review find a red flag,” Mellinger said.Finally, the Gibsons were ready for the implantation procedure in March. But they had to choose an embryo, which required viewing donor “profiles” listing the basic genetic information about the genetic parents.”We literally had two weeks to go through 300 profiles,” Benjamin said.
“It was overwhelming,” Tina said. “There was so many, and it's , how do you pick?”
The couple started with one small detail just to “narrow it down in an easy way,” she said. Since she and Benjamin are physically small, they began by looking at profiles height and weight. “Then we started looking at some of the bigger things, medical history.
“Long story short, we picked our profile,” Tina said, but that embryo was not viable, so their second choice was used.
Only when they “were fixing to go for the transfer” did her doctor and Sommerfelt explain “It's a world record!”
“I didn't sign up for this,” Tina said, laughing.
In fact, no one knows that it's definitely a record.
“Identifying the oldest known embryo is simply an impossibility,” said Dr. Zaher Merhi, director of IVF research and development at New Hope Fertility Center, which is not involved to the Gibson case. American companies are not required to report to the government the age of an embryo used, only the outcome of the pregnancy, so “nobody has these records.”
Other experts, though, cited the study on a 20-year-old frozen embryo that came to successful birth.
Sommerfelt said she had unthawed three “snowbabies,” all of them adopted from the same anonymous donor. Surprisingly, all three survived. Normally, there's about a 75% survival rate when unthawing frozen embryos.
Though Keenan transferred all three to Tina, only one implanted. This is normal, since successful implantation rate “normally runs about 25% to 30%,” she said.
The transfer “worked out perfect,” Tina said. “It's a miracle. First time.”
Problems encountered during pregnancy were due to Tina having a short cervix, which could have prevented her from successfully carrying her baby. That did not happen, and just after Thanksgiving, Tina began 20 hours of labor. All the while, Emma's heart beat normally.
“So it all just fell into place,” said Tina. “It's our new normal; it's crazy to think about it.”
Odds of success
Dr. Jason Barritt, laboratory director and research scientist at the Southern California Reproductive Center, said that only about “15% to 20% of the time there are additional embryos” not used in IVF.
Due to the high success rates of the IVF process, which has been scientifically explored in animals for more than half a century, fewer embryos are now created.
Louise Brown, the first human resulting from an IVF procedure, was born in July 1978.
“Usually, couples have leftover embryos because they have completed their families and no longer need additional embryos,” Barritt said. His center was not involved in the Gibson case. “They remain frozen until the patient asks for some other disposition.”Disposition options — what is done with the additional embryos — include simply leaving them cryopreserved in liquid nitrogen storage tanks, disposing of them in an appropriate way, donating them to research or training for the advancement of the field of reproductive medicine, or donating them to another couple.
The final option is rare, Barritt said, “due to a variety of additional steps and guidelines that must be met,” such as infectious disease screening and meeting US Food and Drug Administration donor eligibility regulations, “and significant legal documentation that must be met.”
Mellinger said the National Embryo Donation Center is a faith-based organization founded in 2003. “We say that our reason for existence is to protect the sanctity and dignity of the human embryo,” he said. “We are big advocates of embryo donation and embryo adoption.”
If you want to donate an embryo, it will handle the details for free.
“We will contact the fertility clinic where the embryos are stored, and they are happy to work with us,” Mellinger said. A special storage container is shipped, the fertility center places the embryos inside and sends it to the the donation center, and then the embryos are stored in the lab in Knoxville.
“We will adopt out an embryo whenever,” he said. “Sometimes, embryos have been in storage for a few weeks, maybe a few months. Sometimes, it's literally been decades.”
The adopting couple pays all the fees, amounting to less than about $12,500 for a first try, according to Mellinger.
Recalling the birth of her special daughter, Tina's voice dissolves into tears.
“We wanted to adopt, and I don't know that that isn't going to be in our future. We may still adopt,” she said. “This just ended up being the route that we took. I think that we would have been equally elated if were able to adopt. “
Asked whether they might try again with the remaining two embryos — Emma's sisters or brothers — Tina said she absolutely would have said “yes” two months ago.
“But after having natural childbirth, I'm , 'I'm never doing that again!' ” she said. “But I'm sure in a year, I'll be , 'I want to try for another baby.' “
Understanding All About Stillbirth – Diagnosis, Causes, Risk Factors
Stillbirth is a term used if the unborn fetus dies in the mother’s womb at 20 weeks of pregnancy or more. Loss of pregnancy prior to 20 weeks of gestation is termed as miscarriage.
Stillbirths are mostly seen to occur after 24 weeks of pregnancy but a small percentage is noticed during the onset of labor and delivery.
Statistics reveal that stillbirths can happen in 1 pregnancy a 100, and unless the causes are genetic, most women will be able to give birth to healthy babies in the next pregnancy. The chances of having a successful further pregnancy ranges to about 90%.
The condition is very overwhelming for the mother. Because it generally happens in pregnancies which are deemed normal, the fact that the unborn has died in the womb is heart wrenching for the parents.
Causes Of Stillbirth
Placental complications cause about half of all stillbirths.
Placental abruption(the separation of placenta from the womb), problems with the umbilical cord, mother’s health that may result in pre-eclampsia, genetic physical defects in the baby and pre-existing diabetes in the mother can also cause the baby to be born still. Pregnancy above the age of 40, addiction to illegal drugs and being overweight and obese can also be probable causes of stillbirth.
Some other causes of stillbirth are as follows:
- Improper fetal growth- Babies whose growth is slow are susceptible to the risk of stillbirth and this risk is increased in severely growth retarded babies. At every antenatal visit your baby’s growth will be chartered and if the baby is smaller than expected, in continuity, it can be attributed to a placenta that is not working properly. This increases the risk of stillbirth
- Placental abruption- Separation of placenta before the birth of the baby is another important cause of death of the baby. This is called the premature separation of placenta and is a leading cause of stillbirths
- Birth defects- Birth defects arising due to genetic and genetic and chromosomal abnormalities are also an important cause of stillbirth
- Infections-Infections involving baby, mother and placenta are an important cause of death of the fetus especially the infections occurring before 28 weeks of pregnancy.Examples of such fatal infections are listeriosis, fifth disease, syphilis and cytomegalovirus. About one in 10 stillbirths are caused by an infection
- Umbilical cord accidents-Umbilical cord abnormalities such as knot in the cord, or improperly attached cord interfere with properly oxygen supply to the baby and the outcome is fatal deprivation of oxygen to the fetus
The true causes of stillbirth are not clear in spite of thorough investigations It is also seen that sometimes more than two causes are accountable for fetus death.
Diagnosis Of Stillbirth During Pregnancy
A handheld Doppler device or an ultrasound scan will be performed if your doctor has any doubts that the baby has died in the womb. In the event the doctor cannot hear the baby’s heartbeat, an ultrasound will be done to confirm of the baby has died. Blood tests may also be recommended.
In case the baby has died, and there is no immediate health risk for you, you may take some time to think whether you want to wait for labor or labor be induced.The most important point for a pregnant woman to keep in mind is the perception of fetal movements.Whether the fetus is moving with the uterus or not is an important point in diagnosing stillbirth. Fetal heart sound is checked with the aid of the Doppler and is also clinically assessed by the stethoscope on every prenatal visit. Doubts, if any are immediately cleared by ultrasonograph.
Fetal movements and ultrasound are the main diagnostic tools for the diagnosis of stillbirth.This is devastating to the parents. Exceptional support and care should be provided to the parents, especially the mother.
Giving Birth To A Still-born Baby
Immediate delivery is required in women with some medical reasons. But in other cases the natural onset of labor is waited for. The care provider closely keeps a watch to check that there is no blood clotting issue or infection develops.
A c-section is not usually done.Mostly women opt for induced labor as soon as they come to know about the death of the fetus. The doctor may give you medications and you can go to your home and wait for labor to set through the induction process.
Some women prefer to wait for natural labor, though doctor will advise blood tests after 48 hours. The baby can deteriorate in the womb, making it difficult for the doctors to ascertain the cause of the death.
How Is Labor Induced For A Still-born Baby?
Cervix is dilated with the help of medicines in the vagina by the caregiver. Subsequently oxytocin IV drip is given to stimulate the contractions of the uterus. Most of the women deliver vaginally by this process.
Dilation And evacuation (D&E) Of Dead Fetus
D&E or dilatation and evacuation is the process done for women in second trimester whereby she is sedated under IV or general anesthesia and the cervix is dilated and baby is removed. Following are the factors that have to be pondered and taken into consideration while choosing between delivery and D&E:
- D&E is better for females needing a fast and rapid procedure but it should be done by an experienced practitioner only
- Complications associated with D&E are infection, sepsis, and incomplete evacuation
- Induction and delivery is suited for women who do not want to go for D&E
Autopsy of the baby is done to investigate any clue responsible for the actual cause of death of the baby. Therefore autopsy must be done.
How Can I Prevent Chances Of Still-births?
Most still-births happen to healthy pregnant women. Prevention is also difficult as many causes of still birth are yet unknown. If you notice any bleeding per vaginum in the second and third trimester of pregnancy, immediately visit your doctor.
This can be an alarming sign of placental abruption.
Any uterine tenderness, off and on uterine contractions, back pain, cramp abdominal pain and decreased fetal movements are some of the important signs should be kept in mind and if any of these are noticed, immediately consult your obstetrician and take the required precautions and medications.
When you are in mid trimester of pregnancy, be very particular about fetal movements and any of the above mentioned alarming signs. You can cut down your risk of having stillbirth by keeping in mind following points.
- Always take a preconception visit to your health provider before becoming pregnant. This visit provides you a chance to identify pre-existing problem and treat it well in time
- Problems diabetes or hypertension can be discovered and treated
- Inform your care provider about the medications you are taking, if any. Always consult the provider before taking any over the counter medicines or even herbal medicines to ensure whether they are safe during pregnancy
- You should start taking 400 micrograms of folic acid per day and multivitamin tablets at least two months before getting pregnant. This will help you cut down your risk of birth defects such as spina bifida, neural tube defect, etc.
- If you are overweight, consult a nutritionist and take healthy diet free of carbohydrates and fat. Regular exercising will also help you keep weight in control. Drink a lot of liquids and don’t take starchy foods
- If you are pregnant, shun smoking, alcohol intake, or taking any drug that you have been
- According to researches women who smoke during first trimester of pregnancy are at the risk of having stillbirth
- Attend all your antenatal appointments religiously so that the baby’s growth can be closely monitored
Who Is At A Higher Risk Of Stillbirth?
Though stillbirth can happen to a normal healthy women, some conditions do put you at a higher risk of having a still-born baby.
A history of preterm birth, pregnancy-induced hypertension, or pre-eclampsia, a previous stillbirth or a complicated pregnancy can increase the odds of having a stillbirth.
Chronic medical conditions thrombophilia (a blood clotting disorder), thyroid, hypertension, diabetes or a history of smoking or addiction to drugs can also result in stillbirth.
Guilt, Grief and Loss
Guilt is generally a common reaction to a still birth, but be assured the chances of causing a stillbirth due to something that you did or you did not do are practically very rare.
A sense of deep grief, anger, pain, resentment and confusion may play havoc with your marriage as well your life.
Though it is a very trying and emotionally depleting experience, you need to be strong and positive.
Previous ArticleLaxatives During Pregnancy Next Article How Soon To Take The Home Pregnancy Test?
New Born Baby Wishes & Congratulations Messages
A new born baby brings lots of happiness and uncountable joy’s with his arrival on this earth. Really, it’s a great moment for the parents and the baby’s all near and dear relatives. On this happy moment the parents surely deserve congratulations and the baby as well good wishes.
If you’re fall in shortage of wordings to congratulates and looking for what to say for New Born Baby Wishes then you may find this post more helpful to get some amazing new born baby wishes and messages which are appropriate for both new born baby boy or girl.
Just take a look and surely these messages and wishes for new born baby will make your task easy, also you may use this as new born baby card messages.
Best Wishes For New Born Baby
For all the joy and smiles they bring, a new baby is worth everything. Congratulations on your new arrival! Can’t wait to see that sweet little smile.
May your precious new born baby brings a happiness to the world and special joy to you! So happy for you two! That’s going to be one lucky baby.
A father so handsome, a mom so pretty – no wonder your newborn is such a sweetie. Ahhh! Freaking out over here. Congratulations, you guys!
There is nothing sweeter in this world than the smell of your new born baby’s breath, the happy cooing sounds and the smell of baby skin. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
Welcome to the new born and congratulations to Mom and Dad! Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, laughter and happiness together.
Congratulations and a very warm welcome to your new born. May his/her life be blessed with good health, love and laughter.
You all are Mother Nature’s perfect brew, tell your new baby on my behalf that there cannot be a family cuter than you. Congratulations.A little one has joined you both, how happy you must be… It was great when there were two of you, but even better now there’s three!
Congratulations! Now is the time to enjoy your baby’s little feet and baby smell. It will not be there forever, and you should take as many pictures as possible. You will want to miss a single precious moment!
If life could be measured in cute drools and adorable giggles, yours is just perfect right now. Congratulations.
Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! This new addition will bring you lots of cuddling, fun times and baby2sweet memories. It will be worth the sleepless nights. All the best to your family.
May your baby’s cute smile and laughs, be a spike of happiness in your life’s graph. So happy for you two! That’s going to be one lucky baby. Congratulations.
Babies are wonders, babies are fun, congratulations on your new little one! Love just got real. So very excited for you.
Adorable Message For New Born Baby
A Tip for the New Parents: there are three primary emotional stages of development for a baby at this early age: 1. About to cry. 2. Crying. 3. Just finished crying. Congratulations.
A new born baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
I just got news of an angel going to make its presence felt in your life! Get ready for laughter, big noise and lots of hugs! Welcome to the world, little one! So thrilled that you’re here!Not all treasure is silver and gold… Congratulations on your ‘personal new treasure’ and little darling! What a very lucky baby!
Congratulations to proud new parents! May these tiny feet will tiptoe with love into your hearts and stay there forever!
Best wishes on your dearest new arrival. We hope you are all doing well. Enjoy every moment with your precious little one!
Your new born baby has chosen you to be her/his mommy and daddy. I think she/he has made a very good choice. Congrats and all the best for your new family!
Read : Twin Baby Congratulation Messages
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your newest family member!! May babyhood be filled with lots of joy and make for lots of wonderful memories. All the best!
No one can imagine life having their own children. But when they are born no one can imagine life without them. Wishing your new born good health and happiness!
Just to say “Hi” to the new member of the family! He (she) couldn’t have happened to a nicer parents! You two are going to make such amazing parents.
Wishes For New Born Baby Boy
So many dreams, so many wishes. So many hopes, so many questions. Such happy feelings, such a small human being. Welcome to life, little prince.
Let the God shower all His power upon the little baby boy so that he can make all his near and dear ones feel proud of him.
May your baby boy be the angel that you were always looking for. May he make your life happy, prosperous and pure. You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby is going to bring you. Congratulations.I don’t know who is more blessed. Either you are for having a new little baby boy, or your baby is for having you as parents. Congratulations to everyone!
Congrats on the first arrival of your new baby boy! May your son fills your life with joy and love! We can’t wait to see the many ways God blesses you with this little one.
A baby boy makes a mother his mom and a father his dad. So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you…congratulations.
God has blessed you with a life to look after. We will pray for you to have the wisdom, patience, and endurance to carry through with your job. Congrats for baby boy!
We’re really excited that your new baby boy has arrived safe and sound! May your new role as proud parents be filled with much joy and happiness