Single Woman’s Marriage Prayer
8 Ways to Pray For Your Love Life (Or Lack Thereof!)
A prayer for love has to be something you do no a regular basis. Love and relationships are one of the most important aspects of our lives, because our relationships will either lift us up, or tear us down.
Yet praying for love tends to be something that we don’t often do. Maybe we’re afraid to go to God with our love life. Maybe we’re getting discouraged that our prayers aren’t being answered. Or maybe, just maybe, we don’t know how to pray for love.
Prayer For Love Vs. Worry About Love
It took me a while to grasp how to pray for love. Because I’ve always had a tendency to think about love, and worry about love, rather than pray about it.
I’m quick to analyze, figure out, and try to put the pieces together. But it takes me a while to turn to prayer.
I’m realizing that my tendency to over-analyze is the opposite of what God’s word tells me to do. All through Scripture Jesus is challenging us: Don’t just dwell on things, pray about them.
Prayer is the act by which we mentally hand over our problems, concerns, fears, desires, and dreams to someone who actually has the power to control.
And it makes so much sense, because if we’re going to allow these things to fill our brain, we are better off doing it in a way that has the power to impact the things that are weighing us down, rather than simply allowing them to consume us.
If you find yourself consumed by your love life – or lackthereof, here are some ways to mentally and prayerfully hand those things to the One who can actually do something about it. Here are 8 ways to pray for love.
#1: Pray that God would give you a relationship (Matthew 7:7)!
God’s word challenges us to ask and bring our needs before God. Anything and everything. As long as our hearts are aligned with His, there are no limits on what we can ask. What are your deepest needs and desires when it comes to a relationship? What do you need God to do in your relationship? Let Him know.
#2: Pray that He would grant you patience and insight to wait for a good one(Isaiah 40:31).
Waiting on God is never easy, because once again, it is a reminder that we are not in control. But through the time of waiting, ask God to change you, nourish you, and fill you so that you are empowered and prepared to take the next steps when the timing is right.
#3: Pray that He would be working out anything unhealthy in your life (Jeremiah 33:8).
Some of our baggage and sin we can recognize, and some we can’t. As you seek to enhance your love life, be sure to ask God to help you recognize and heal all the things in your life that aren’t lining up with His best. Seek to get to the bottom of your sins, and ask for His healing power to be at work in your life.
#4: Pray that He would shape your heart for nourishing interactions with others (Colossians 3:12-14).
It’s important to learn how to love, rather than simply longing to be loved. When your heart is open to loving and edifying others the way it was meant to, your relationships will be enriched and empowered.
#5: Pray that He would bring healing into your past so that you are free to embrace the present (Philippians 3:13-14).
We are called to move forward, and forget what is behind. Sometimes, it’s easy to get stuck on our past and be paralyzed from living in the present. No matter what kinds of things your past may hold, ask God to be at work in your past so that you are free to live in the moment and embrace your present.
#6: Pray that He would protect your emotional world and give you wisdom of how to set healthy boundaries (Proverbs 4:23).
I talk a lot about guarding our hearts and how to practically do that, but how often do we actually pray about our hearts and emotional worlds? God longs to be a part of our emotions just as much as our spiritual life. He is a holistic God, who longs to interact with our mind, body, and soul. Give Him a chance by opening your emotional life to Him through prayer.
#7: Pray that He would open your eyes to the joy of doing sex His way (Hebrews 13:4).
It’s so easy to focus on what we can’t do before marriage, and end up harboring bitterness and resentment.
But what if we were to ask God to open our eyes to doing life His way? What if we were to plead with Him to download His heart onto ours, so that we could truly understand what is best for our lives? Rather than struggling with His plan, let’s ask Him to reveal His heart to ours, particularly in the area of sex and sexuality, so that we can be freed to trust Him without bitterness or regret. (More on this in Chapter 8 of True Love Dates)
#8: Pray that God would be the focus of your life now and forever (Psalm 37:4).
At the end of the day, no matter how we view it, there is no gift that is greater than the Giver. Whether we feel that or not, it doesn’t cease to be true. May we continue to bring this request before God, so that He can turn our hearts to Him as our greatest delight and desire, because perspective has the power to change everything.
This week, rather than focus on your problems, worries, or what you don’t yet have, focus on what you do have: a direct line to the One who controls all things, including your precious heart. It’s time to actually do some real work in the area of our love life and relationships instead of wasting our mental energy away. It’s time to pray for love.
Want to learn how to REALLYpray for your future love life in a way that will change everything? If you enjoyed this article, you’re going to LOVE my new in-depth program, guiding you into21 specific days of praying for your love life along with a detailed prayer journal with activities.
Don’t waste another day. Continue to invest in your prayer for love. Join thousands of other singles and begin your prayer for love TODAY.
Click the photo below to find out more.
SECRET DISCOUNT: Use Code Pray20 to get 20% off price!!
DEBRA FILETA is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates.
She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships.
Connect with her on , Instagram, or !
Prayer for singles to arrest lateness in marriage
For spinsters and bachelors who feel that obtaining the right partner is getting rather late. The best way to arrest delay in marriage is to engage in constant wrestling bouts with the enemy and to call back all the benefits you would have gained if you had gotten married earlier. God is waiting for you to fight it out with your enemy.
No word of God shall lack power of fulfillment! God’s words are always backed by His authority and we know His words cannot return to Him void. We serve a God that cannot lie. His dreams, vision and words concerning our lives will surely come to pass.
God is the one that instituted marriage and He performed the first wedding ceremony in Genesis chapter 2.
God has a man for every woman and if you feel that you have lost God’s perfect will for your life, don’t forget that for every Vashti there is an Esther.
Lateness in marriage can come as a result of collective captivity and spiritual manipulations of sorts. “In His time God makes all things beautiful” (Ecclesiastes 3:11).The God that makes all things beautiful, will step into your situation, break down every wall of partition between you and your God-ordained partner (Ephesians 2:14) and gather you together by His Spirit (Isaiah 34:16; Ephesians 2:13).
Our God is faithful! He never comes late. He will hasten His words (concerning your marriage) to perform it. (Jeremiah 1:12).
Habakkuk 2:3 says, “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”
Isaiah 34:16 says, “Seek ye the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Philip. 2:9-10 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”
Col. 2:13 says, “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;”
Rev. 12:11 says, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
Luke 1:37 says, “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
- Thank the Lord because your miracle has come.
- Ask the Lord to forgive you any sin that would hinder answers to your prayers.
- Lord, make known to me the secrets of my inner life. Help me Lord, to discover my real self.
- Help me Lord, to discover my real self.
- Let every imagination of the enemy against my marital life be rendered impotent, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to co-operate with any anti-marriage spells and curses, in the name of Jesus.
- I cancel every bewitchment fashioned against my settling down in marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every force magnetizing the wrong people to me be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every covenant of marital failure and late marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I cancel every spiritual wedding conducted consciously or unconsciously on my behalf, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the hand of household wickedness from my marital life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every incantation, incisions, hexes and other spiritually harmful activities working against me, be completely neutralized, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all forces of evil manipulating, delaying or hindering marriage to be completely paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all evil anti-marriage marks be removed, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, restore me to the perfect way in which You created me if I have been altered.
- Father, let Your fire destroy every satanic weapon fashioned against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, expose all the schemes and plans of satan ever devised against me marrying.
- I beg for forgiveness of any sin that has given ground to the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- I reclaim all the ground I have lost to the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
- I apply the power in the name and blood of Jesus to my marital status.
- I apply the blood of Jesus to remove all consequences of evil anti-marital operations and oppression, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the binding effect of anything of evil ever put upon me marrying, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all the enemies of Jesus Christ operating against my marriage be exposed, in the name of Jesus.
- I sever myself from any satanic linkage and any strange power, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the right of the enemy to afflict my plan to get married, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every bondage of inherited marital confusion, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and plunder the goods of every strongman attached to my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the angels of the living God roll away the stone blocking my marital breakthrough in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and let all the enemies of my marital breakthrough be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God melt away the stones hindering my marital blessings, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let the cloud blocking the sunlight of my marital glory and breakthrough be dispersed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all evil spirits masquerading to trouble my marital life be bound and cast out, in the name of Jesus.
- The pregnancy of good things within me will not be aborted by any contrary power, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let wonderful changes begin to be my lot from this week.
- I reject every spirit of the tail in all areas of my life, in Jesus’ name.
- I receive the Bone of my bone and Flesh of my flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- I stand against every spirit of discouragement, fear, worry and frustration, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, turn away all that would jilt, disappoint or fail me, in Jesus’ name.
- Thank You Mighty God for my marital victory and answered prayers.
Jul 24, 2017mannaexpress