Single Parent’s For Daughter’s Scholarship
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship | Scholarships For Girls 2018
Single girl child scholarship is especially for those girl students who are single for their parents and belongs to an economically weaker class.
What Is Single Girl Child Scholarship?
In a democratic and developing country India, we are still very behind many countries in the field of education especially when it comes to girls’ education.
Every year a large number of female students drop schools, colleges, and universities.
To make the situation better the Government of India has taken many steps one of them is single girl child scholarship which is provided especially for that girl who is the single child of their parents.
List Of Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2018-19
These Scholarships helps the single girl child who can have a promising and bright future with financial help from govt. Here we are telling you about the Scholarship schemes which has been offering by govt. or any other govt. aided govt. bodies for meritorious single girls’ children.
Dr Reddy Foundation Sashakt Scholarship
Dr Reddy Foundation invites all the talented girl students to apply for Dr Reddy Foundation Sashakt Scholarship.
This scholarship is only for girl candidates who are from a science background and looking forward to achieving their goals by studying science in the best college.
The main aim of this scholarship is to provide a good educational background to the talented girl students after 12th.
- Only girl candidate can apply.
- Applicants must be 12th passed out from a recognized board.
- Must be confident enough to get the best science college in India.
Under this scholarship, a candidate will be awarded INR 2, 40,000 for three years i.e. INR 80,000 per year which include tuition fee, study expenses and living cost.
Last Date To Apply
15 /August /2019
Note – Preference will be given to the students who are from rural background, weak economic background interested in scientific research.
Apply Online – Click Here
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019
As a responsible educational institution, the University Grant Commission has launched a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child in order to achieve and promote higher education in girls.
The main purpose to launch this scholarship scheme is to support the higher education of single girl child and to promote the benefits of a small family. Especially those girls who are the only girl child in their family UGC aims to reduce the direct costs of girl education.
All those girls whose age up to 30 years and want to pursue in the 1st year of pg courses they all can apply in the scholarship.Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward or Amount
All the successful candidates will receive the scholarship amount/ reward/ allowance as mentioned below:-
- All the successful candidates will get a sum of Rs.36,200 per annum for a duration of two years that is a full duration of a Post-Graduation course.
- Any additional grants/ allowance/ charges such as hostel fee or medical fee etc. will not be payable under this scholarship scheme.
Who Is Eligible For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Any student who fulfills all the criteria mentioned below is eligible to apply for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
- Any girl student who is only and single girl child of her family.
- Any girl student who doesn’t have any brother or has a twin sister is also eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- Any single girl student whose age is up to or less than 30 years at the time of admission in the first year of her PG course can only apply.
- Any single girl student who has taken admission in the first year of a regular or a full- time Masters’ Degree programme.
- Any single girl student who has taken admission in any university/ college/ institution recognized from UGC is eligible to apply.
How To Apply For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
After confirming about the above eligibility criteria a student can apply for the scholarship by following the steps given below
- The National Scholarship Portal will publish the advertisement for inviting applications in leading newspaper / Employment News and on UGC website once in a year.
- Any short notifications will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- All the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria of the scholarship scheme can apply online on the given official website below.
- The candidate has to upload some documents at the online portal of UGC at time of applying for this scholarship which will include-
- An affidavit on a stamp paper of Rs.50 and attested by the First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer/ SDM.
- Attested copy of joining report being allotted from the concerned College / University Students should print and retain a copy of the application, to check results, award letter and stay updated with a progress report.
- The applicant can see the application status online at UGC website after registration gets completed.
- As per the instructions and guidelines provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India Aadhaar Card is mandatory for the identification of the student.
- Once a student gets applied to the concerned institution where the student is studying have to verify the online application.
- Any application which will be found incomplete will be rejected immediately.
- Only those applications which are verified online will be considered for the scholarship award.
- The selection will be done by an expert committee.
- The number of scholarships is available in a year are 3000 which is limited and fixed.
- Every year 3 thousand fresh scholarships will be awarded to students.
- The successful candidate would be provided with the scholarship from the date of joining the course.
Mandatory Note & Policies
- The successful students can avail of other scholarship as well as this scholarship.
- No tuition fee will be charged by the institution from girl students who have taken admission in the first year of PG degree course.
- Students who have taken admission in any Post-Graduation Course through Distance learning mode shall not be eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- If the girl student has a real brother she will not be considered eligible for this scholarship under this scheme.
- All the successful students will get the scholarship amount through DBT mode (direct in a bank account) on annual basis.
- If a student wants to renew her scholarship for the second year, of course, good conduct and attendance are compulsory.
- If a student wants to renew her scholarship for the second year, of course, an annual progress report has to be granted by the administrative head of the concerned Institution
- If a student gets failed to get promoted to the next class the scholarship would forfeit.
- If a student changes the course of study, the scholarship would forfeit from the date of such a change.
- The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC and the decision of UGC will be final and binding.
The last date to apply online for Scholarship for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is the fourth week of 30 November 2019.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship For B.C. Girl Students, Maharashtra
Savitribai Phule Scholarship for B.C. Girl, Maharashtra 2017-18 invites all the eligible girl candidates to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship is only for girl candidates from class 8th to 10.
It is granted by Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra. There is no family income limit under this scholarship. The main aim of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the girl students who are not able to afford there education.
The students can apply directly from their respective schools with valid documents.
Deadline to apply
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st December 2019.
For More Information Click here
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019
CBSE board as known as Central Board of Secondary Education has announced a Merit Scholarship Scheme only for Single Girl Children. The main purpose of this scholarship scheme is to help meritorious girl students, who are the only child of their parents.
The Scholarship Scheme is for only those students who have passed their 10th class examination from CBSE board with minimum or greater than 60% marks/ 6.2 CGPA /grades and studying in class 11th or 12th in same or any other CBSE recognized school.
By offering this scholarship CBSE has aimed to acknowledge the efforts of meritorious girl students and encourage their parents’ to promote further education among girls.
Looking More Scholarships:
Who Is Eligible For CBSE Merit Scholarship For Single Girl Child
Any student who fulfills all the criteria mentioned below is eligible to apply for Scholarship scheme for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Any single girl student who has passed the class 10th examination from CBSE recognized school.
- Any single girl who is the only child of her parents.
- All children born together are Single Girl Child of their parents.
- Any girl student who has secured minimum or greater than 60% marks/ 6.2 CGPA /grades in 10th class examination from CBSE board
- Any girls who are continuing her studies for Class 11th and 12th in the same or any other CBSE recognized school.
- The tuition fee of that school should not be more than Rs.1500 PM and the total increase should not be more than 10% of the total fee in tuition fee for the next two years.
- NRI applicants of the CBSE board, the tuition fee of the school should not be more than Rs.6000 PM.
CBSE Merit Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
All the “Single Girl Students” who have secured minimum or greater than 60% or 6.2 CGPA / grades in the CBSE Class X exams, will receive the scholarship amount/ reward/ allowance as mentioned below:-
- Rs. 500/- per month for a maximum period of two years through demand drafts or ECS.
How To Apply For CBSE Merit Scholarship For Single Girl Child
After confirming about the above eligibility criteria a student can apply for the scholarship by following the steps given below
- Click here to apply in CBSE Scholarship.
- To apply you have to details mentioned in your class X grade sheet such as roll number, certificate number etc.
- After filling in the required details you may submit the form.
- The applicant also needs to print the Undertaking from the Guidelines Document. The applicant required to fill in the details in undertaking from, paste photograph and get the form attested from the school.
- As per the given format in the Guidelines Documents applicant needs to make an Affidavit. As a next step applicant has to scan Affidavit and Undertaking form and upload both the documents in the application.
- After clicking the Print Confirmation and entering the roll number and registration number
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – A UGC Scholarship Scheme for Girls
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a UGC scholarship scheme initiated with the objective to empower the girls of our country through the means of education.
Moving ahead with this objective, the government introduced Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship to compensate the direct cost of girl education pursuing higher education, especially those girls who happen to be the only child of her parents.
Under this single girl child scholarship, the selected candidates are offered financial assistance of INR 3100 on monthly basis.
This is just a brief introduction about the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship. If you are wondering about its eligibility conditions, award details, application period, application process and other details, read this article which covers all this information and more. Before that, find the highlights of this single girl child scholarship in the table given below.
Highlights of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
|2.||Scholarship award||Monthly scholarship allowance of INR 3100|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
* The application period is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now that you have read the overview of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship, let’s get to know this single girl child scholarship in proper detail.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Application Period
The announcement date of this single girl child scholarship varies from year-to-year. However, the scholarship application period generally starts in the month of October every year. The deadline of this Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship falls in the last week of November.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Scholarship Award
Introduced by UGC with the aim to encourage and promote higher studies among girls and their parents/guardians, this single girl child scholarship provides monetary support on monthly basis for a period of two years to 3000 girls from across the country every year. The scholarship amount is directly transferred into the awardee’s bank account. Also, the students need to submit a ‘Continuation Certificate’ at the end of every three months in the prescribed format. Now, find below the details of the scholarship award.
- The selected girl students receive a scholarship amount of INR 3100 per month for a period of 2 years, i.e., 10 months per year, which covers the full duration of the postgraduate course to be pursued by the candidates.
- The award is disbursed to students through the UGC designated agency from the date of their joining the 1st year of PG course. The awardees need to submit a copy of their award letter and joining report along with the photograph, address and contact number to the designated agency.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this UGC scholarship, the applicants must be girls studying in universities/colleges/institutions recognised by UGC, State/Central Government or are institutes of national importance. The details of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship eligibility criteria are given below.
- Applicants must be admitted into the regular, full-time 1st year master’s degree course in any designated university or postgraduate college.
- The girl candidates must be the only child of her parents. The candidates must not have any brother, though the girl students who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may apply for this UGC scholarship.
- The candidates must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission into the PG programme.
- The candidates admitted to PG course through distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Also, there are no income criteria for students to be eligible for this scholarship.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – How to Apply
The scholarship application process is easy and simple for applicants as the whole process has been made online. The applicants can apply for this UGC scholarship through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal. Follow the steps highlighted below to fill the application form of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship.
- The candidates applying on NSP for the first time need to register with NSP as a new user.
- Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A student application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The girl candidates need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidates must change their password, which is a mandatory step.
- Once the password is changed, the candidates are directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
- The applicants need to provide all the necessary details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Key Documents
There are a few important documents that the applicants must keep with them while filling the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship application form. Given below is the list of all the necessary documents that the applicants need to complete the application process.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of the current course year
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
The candidates need to mind a few terms and conditions if they wish to avail the benefits of this UGC scholarship. Highlighted below are some rules and regulations attached to this girl scholarship.
- Only those candidates who are in the 1st year of a PG course are eligible for this UGC scholarship.
- The candidates are not liable to receive any additional grant in lieu of hostel charges, medical charges, etc.
- Under this single girl child scholarship, the host institutes do not charge any tuition fee from the awardees.
- After the completion of one year of the award of the scholarship amount, the candidates need to submit their Progress Report in the prescribed format to the designated bank (Canara Bank), which fund for the next academic is released to the beneficiaries. This report needs to be duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College.
- The candidates must keep in mind that if they discontinue their studies without prior notice to UGC, they need to refund the whole amount through e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) directly to the UGC account.
- The awardees of this scholarship are not debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The scholarship may be terminated if the candidates get involved in any kind of misconduct, provide incorrect information at any stage of the application or score less than 55% in the 1st year (50% in case of Physically Challenged awardees).
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship, the applicants can submit their question at the email ID mentioned below:
Email ID – email@example.com
Besides this scholarship for girls, there are also several other scholarships specifically for girls. Read ‘Scholarships for Indian girls & women’ to know about them.
Government Housing Grants for Women
Going to college for a four-year degree or beyond opens up the doors for many women to improve their life situations. For many women, going away to college presents the most beneficial opportunity.
When going away to college, women get to experience life on their own in addition to receiving a beneficial education. However, the cost of college room and board is high. In some cases, it is insurmountable.
Many women cannot afford to pay upwards of $20,000 per year to live on the campus of their choice.
Luckily, there are housing grants and scholarships available just for women. There are also a number of non-gender-specific grants and scholarships that women are eligible to win.
Federal grants are available to all people income level, not just women. But women may be more ly to obtain federal grants, especially if they have children who are in college or for whom they are paying tuition at another school. Federal grants pay for all college expenses, including living expenses while a woman is in college.
Contributing to whether or not a person is eligible for federal grants is a person’s income and whether or not other family members are in college. Income for those with dependents is at a lower threshold, and people who are paying college expenses for other students also get larger grant amounts. Women may be more ly to get federal grants because they may be more ly to have dependents.
State Grants and Scholarships
In addition to the federal Pell Grant, many states offer grant and scholarship programs. Though most of these grant and scholarship opportunities are open to men and women, they also tend to offer money for housing.
For example, Arizona students have the chance to win a state grant that allows them to travel to a four-year school if they desire.
Arizona students who have attended and done well at community college may be eligible for these scholarships, which allow them to obtain a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university which ly requires not only travel and higher tuition, but also living expenses.
Private Scholarships and Grants
Strangely, many women stop looking for scholarships and grants for housing after they have found out what the federal and state governments have to offer. However, some of the best scholarships for women can actually be found at the organizational level.
Non-profit organizations, faith groups, and even private companies offer grants and scholarships specifically for women.
Many of these grants and scholarships are geared toward helping women improve their situation or making the playing field level for them in terms of education and future job opportunities.
The following is a list of some of the private organizations that women can call on to learn more about grants and scholarships that allow them to pay for housing.
Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
The Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund was created to offer educational opportunities to low-income women. The scholarships can be used for tuition, or they may be used for housing costs — even if a student is living off campus.
In fact, one of the primary reasons that the fund was established was so that women who were the heads of their households could go to school — women who live in houses or apartments and attend an accredited university, college, or vocational school.Students who receive this scholarship can be pursuing a two-year associate’s degree, first four-year bachelor’s degree, and even a vocational credential. Students can use the funds they obtain for rent or mortgage payments, utilities, transportation, childcare, books, and tuition. The scholarship is aimed at helping women in the ways that are best for them, so that is why it is so flexible.
However, women must be from low-income backgrounds to obtain the scholarship. Income guidelines are posted on the organization’s website. According to Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship, more than 97% of those who received scholarships in the past had either graduated or were still in school.
School Grants, Scholarships, and Assistanceships
Many schools offer scholarships, grants, and assistanceships to women only, and many of these awards can be used for housing.
For example, women pursuing their bachelor’s degrees are often available for scholarships and grants that universities’ departments or contributors to the universities have set aside for women who are achieving in certain areas, classes, or subjects.
Asstanceships generally require that women work for a department, but in return they are paid a wage which they can use on housing costs, in addition to money off of their tuition.
American Association of University Women Awards
Whether you’re entering a bachelor’s program or finishing your PhD, the American Association of University Women offers a number of scholarships, grants, fellowships, and awards for women who are trying to make a name for themselves in higher education. There are many awards, including those given by state and local associations, and each has its own requirements for what the money can be used for.
However, women may be able to use AAUW funds for housing expenses. It is important that women look through all the funds available, including fellowships, grants and scholarships, and women should not think that just because they are farther on in their education that they won’t be able to get housing grants.
Many fellowships and assistanceships are given specifically to help women with daily expenses while they are pursuing their educations. Women should consider joining their local AAUW to learn more about the grants and scholarships that may be available on a national and local scale.
Many organizations and industries offer professional associations for women, and those professional organizations tend to offer scholarships and grants that can be used to pay for housing.
For example, the Society for Women Engineers offers a large amount of scholarships for women who are entering an engineering field.
Even though the national organization offers these scholarships, the local organizations also offer smaller scholarships.
Women who plan to go into a number of professions, including mathematical and science professions, the ministry, education, and business, should check to see if the profession that they hope to join has a woman’s organization. If so, they may find that they can obtain a grant or scholarship that will cover housing costs.
Individuals should be careful to review the information about each grant or scholarship, though, to ensure that it can be used for housing.
Some professional organizations offer scholarships that cover both tuition and fees, and these organizations will allow you to use the funds to pay for housing as well, if you live on campus.
However, some organizations do not let you use scholarships for housing even if you do live on campus.
Girl Scout Scholarships
Young women who have just graduated from the Girl Scouts are eligible for a number of scholarships from the organization, many of which can pay for housing and expenses in addition to tuition costs. The scholarships depend on where a Girl Scout has participated in her troop and where she plans to go to school.
However, the national Girl Scout organization offers a website that lists all of the scholarships that former and current Girl Scouts are eligible for. Individuals can search these scholarships by state. Some of these scholarships are minor — bringing in only $1,000. However, other scholarships offer several thousand dollars in scholarships.
Regardless of the amount that a girl scout is eligible for, every little bit benefits her. For this reason, women who have recently been a part of the Girl Scouts should not forget the opportunity to learn more about their scholarship programs.
Philanthropic Educational Organization
Women who recieve scholarships from the PEO may obtain up to $2,000 in support for themselves and their families while they go back to school. This money can be used to help women provide for their families in terms of housing.
The organization also offers other scholarships, including $10,000 scholarships to those who want to study in the United States from abroad.
Another program by the PEO supports women just graduating from high school to pay for a college education.
At most universities, women’s athletics are an important part of university life.
Women who are involved in athletics may find themselves eligible for full-ride scholarships that cover both tuition and room and board costs.
However, even those women who are not eligible for scholarships from the university they are attending may be eligible for sports scholarships from women’s sporting associations, women’s athletic shops, etc.
Women who play in local sporting events, local women’s volleyball, soccer, basketball, or other sports hosted by an athletic association may be eligible for a scholarship from that organization. In fact, a number of YWCA organizations offer women’s scholarships that may pay for housing or room and board/living expenses.
Women Chefs and Restaurateurs Organization
Women who are interested in joining the culinary field may be eligible for a scholarship or internship from the Women Chefs and Restaurateurs Organization. This organization offers a myriad of scholarships to women who are seeking college degrees or training that will prepare them to work in the restaurant industry.
Women who are interested in these scholarships and internships can visit the organization’s website. It features a number of scholarships and internships that have different application requirements and can be used for different costs.Some, especially internships, offer funding for housing and other related expenses.
These scholarships, awards and internships offer an excellent opportunity, not just for women to get money for college but to work in the field of their choice and to receive an excellent honor from a reputable organization.
Beginning Your Search For Funds
From professional organizations and colleges to local organizations and chapters, there are many grants and scholarships that will pay for a college woman’s housing and living expenses.
However, women will only learn about these scholarships if they begin to do research. Although there are so many scholarships for women available, not all of these scholarships are available to all women.
Similarly, not all of the scholarships can be used for housing and living expenses.
Women who are interested in supplementing their housing funds with grants and scholarships should start by making a list of the scholarships they find that are for specifically women or that women are eligible for. Then they should make a separate list of those scholarships that will pay for housing expenses.
Women should begin to apply for these first, leaving the rest for their free time after they have completed all of the other applications. Women might want to set a goal of completing a certain number of applications per day.
This way, they can stay on track, because the more applications submitted, the more women are ly to win an award.
Single Parents Scholarships
There are varieties of scholarships available for single mothers and single fathers who need help covering the cost of earning their college degree. Our “Signal Parents Scholarships” list supports worthy candidates with limited financial resources, University, organization and Institute that provides several tuition fee waivers.
All these mentioned scholarships in the list are available for single parents who are freshman & transfers students, law students, and full-time students. Awards granted by the scholarships may vary from $500 to $2,500. Start narrowing down the list of Law Scholarships according to your eligibility and apply today!
The Naomi Scholarship is available to entering first-year and transfer students at Calvin College. Students must either be from a single-parent family or be a single parent yourself to qualify for this renewable award. A minimum 3.0 GPA and financial need are also required. Winners will get up to $1,500.
Provided by: The Calvin College
Course & Subject: Multiple course & subject
Eligibility: freshman &transfers students
Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
The HCCLouEllenDabbs Scholarship
Holyoke Community College (HCC) Foundation is offering an application for the LouEllenDabbs Scholarship.The scholarship is for a student who is a single parent and interested in pursuing a career in Business, Banking, or Finance. TheHCC Foundation will award $750 tuition fee to the winners.
Provided by: Holyoke Community College (HCC) Foundation
Course & Subject: Multiple course & subject
Eligibility: Single parent student
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Award Money: Tuition – not to exceed $750
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College is pleased to announce the Kentucky Colonel’s Better Life scholarships offered to begin freshmen who begin attendance in the fall 2017 semester. Winners will receive a $2500 scholarship to cover tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
Provided by: Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
Course & Subject: Associate degree&multiple subject
Eligibility: freshmen& full-time school student
Application Deadline: March 1, 2017
Apply Now: http://southcentral.kctcs.edu/en/Costs_and_Financial_Aid/TypesOfFinancialAid/Scholarships/Beginning_Freshman.aspx
Beatrice F. Kroesche Fund Scholarship
The Beatrice F. Kroesche Foundation is offering an amazing scholarship for Single women. A single mother who is in good academic standing and majoring in humanities or education is considering being eligible. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Average Award was $2,864 will be granted.
Provided by: The Beatrice F.
Courses: Multiple courses
Subjects: Multiple subjects
Eligible Students: Single women who are visually or hearing challenged, or a single mother
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
Katz & Phillips Diabetes Law Student Scholarship Award
This scholarship offered by Florida law firm Katz and Phillips, P.A. is open to single parents. The candidate who are either currently enrolled in law school or have been accepted into a law program for the following academic year. Applicants must have at least a 2.8 GPA and submit transcripts for consideration.$1,000 amount will be granted to winning candidates.
Provided by: Katz & Phillips, P.A
Course & Subject: law program& law subject
Eligibility: Single parents who enrolled in law school
Application Deadline: July 31, annually
The Emporia State University is pleased to announce the Emporia State University General Scholarships. First-time freshmen and transfer students who complete 30 hours between the summer, fall and spring semesters. The university will provide varies award to the winning candidates.
Provided by: Emporia State University
Course & Subject: Multiple course & subject
Eligibility: All First-time freshmen and transfer students
Application Deadline: February 15.
Award Money: Varies
San Joaquin Delta College’s Scholarship Application
San Joaquin Delta College’s scholarship application process is now in place. The AwardSpring online application system makes applying for scholarships much easier and more efficient for students. There are hundreds of scholarship opportunities posted each academic year. Winners will get varies award by San Joaquin Delta College.
Provided by: San Joaquin Delta College
Course & Subject: Architecture course & building Industry fields
Eligibility: full-time students
Application Deadline: The 2017-18 application will be available the 1st week of January 2017.
Award Money: Varies
Apply Now: https://www.deltacollege.edu/dept/finaid/scholarships/index.html
Capture the Dream Inc – Single Parent Scholarship
The Single Parent Scholarship is open to low-income single parents who are bay area residents and who will be enrolled at an accredited, not-for-profit two or four-year institution in the fall for undergraduate study. The Capture the Dream, Inc. will provide a one-time $1,000 award to the winners.
Provided by: Capture the Dream, Inc.
Course & Subject: undergraduate level course & multiple subject
Eligibility: Low-income, single parents
Application Deadline: Varies
Award Money: A one-time $1,000 award
The Annual Eisbrouch& Marsh Scholarship Award
The annual scholarship from Eisbrouch& Marsh law offices is open to graduate college students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. The Eisbrouch& Marsh Scholarship of $500 was created to assist single mothers who are equally committed to completing their degree and raising their families.
Provided by: Eisbrouch& Marsh LLC
Course & Subject: Graduate degree & multiple subjects
Eligibility: Graduate college students
Application Deadline: Varies
Award Money: A one-time award of $500
Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund
“1P Single Parents Scholarship fund” is now offering scholarship opportunities to low-income Arkansas residents who are single parents of one or more dependent children, and who do not have a degree or diploma from a four-year college or university.
Provided by:1P Single Parents Scholarship fund
Course & Subject: College degree& multiple subject
Eligibility: low-income Arkansas residents who are single parents
Application Deadline: Varies
Award Money: Varies according to county of residence
TheCoplan Donohue Single Parent Scholarship
Minnesota State University is offering theCoplan Donohue Single Parent Scholarship. The scholarship is open to full-time graduate Minnesota State University students in good standing who are single parents with primary custody of their children. Each winner will get up to $1,000.
Provided by: Minnesota State University
Course & Subject: Graduate or undergraduate course & multiple subs.
Eligibility: Undergraduate or graduate student
Application Deadline: Varies
Award Money:$1,000 each
Scholarships for a Kid with a Deceased Parent
If you have a deceased parent, finding a scholarship can be an important step in affording an education. Many organizations recognize that your loss may negatively impact your ability to afford college, and there are scholarships that can help.
When it comes to being eligible for a scholarship, the specifics are important. You may be able to find scholarships by searching for organizations related to your parent's cause of death. You may also be eligible for need-based scholarships.
Aretta J. Graham Scholarship
The Aretta J. Graham scholarship is available to students attending the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of ACES. If you have lost one or both parents, you'll be first in line for the scholarship, but it can be awarded to students in a single parent household or single parents who are also students.
David J. Ewing Scholarship
The David J. Ewing Scholarship is available to students of the University of North Texas who have lost a parent. The amount varies available funds.
In addition to the application, you'll need two letters of recommendation, any high school or college transcripts you have, a two-page essay that explains why you need the scholarship, and a copy of your Student Aid Report (part of your FAFSA).
Families of Freedom
The Families of Freedom scholarship was created for the dependents of the individuals killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The scholarship money can be used at technical schools, trade schools, or two-or-four-year colleges, but applicants must be registered with the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.
In some cases, even graduate students will be qualified. Once you've filled out your application online, you'll be asked to mail or fax additional documents.
There are two deadlines: May 15 for full-time students and a rolling deadline for part-time students or full-time students who could not meet the May 15th deadline.
MaryEllen Locher Foundation(R)
The MaryEllen Locher Foundation(R) scholarship is for full-time students at two-or-four-year schools whose mothers have either died of breast cancer or complications from breast cancer, or survived breast cancer.
Grades, essays, and financial need all play into the decision to award the scholarship, and the scholarship can be renewed each year with the appropriate paperwork as long as the student is making progress toward a degree. The application can be downloaded online and the deadline is mid-January.
Awards are announced in May and must be accepted in writing within 10 days of notification.The Forgotten Dependents scholarship is for children with a deceased biological parent, or specifically a parent who lost his life while active in the US Military or is missing in action but believed to be dead.
You can find the application online but will also need to complete an essay about your goals and provide two letters of recommendation, high school and college transcripts, death certificate, documentation providing proof that you were a dependent of the deceased, a copy of the military form DD-214 (if this applies to your parent), a letter of acceptance from the college, and a copy of your SAT or ACT scores. Applicants must be unmarried and between 16 and 25 years of age.
LIFE Lessons Scholarship Program
The LIFE Lessons Scholarship Program awards amounts between $1,000 and 10,000 to students who write essays or make videos about how the loss of a parent has affected their lives. They begin accepting applications in February and notify the recipients in August.
If you're eligible, you'll need to fill out an application online or mail one in addition to creating the essay or video.
When writing the essay or making the video, don't just focus on the immediate effects of the loss of your parent or how difficult it is to pay for college since they're gone.
Be sure to cover the effects the death had on the family as a whole, how a lack of life insurance impacted the family, as well as anything you've done to alleviate stress for other family members over the years.
Other places where you may be able to find scholarships if you have a deceased parent:
Scholarships from Kids' Chance
Kids' Chance is an organization devoted to providing education assistance to the families of people injured or killed in the workplace.
If your parent passed away due to a work-related accident, you may be eligible for a scholarship from Kids' Chance.
To apply, you will need some basic information about your family's financial situation, a brief description of the accident, and your transcripts.
Scholarships for the Families of September 11 Victims
If your parent was killed in the September 11 attacks, you are most ly eligible for a variety of scholarships.
You'll find more information about specific programs at the website of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
Many scholarships are restricted to students attending specific institutions, but it is ly there is a scholarship to help anyone who lost a parent as part of the September 11 attacks.
Scholarship List from FastWeb
Although you need to register to apply, FastWeb has an exhaustive list of scholarships for children of deceased parents. Award amounts vary significantly, ranging from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
Scholarships for Children of Deceased Service Members
To find information about scholarships for dependents of service members, visit Financial Aid for Veterans and their Dependents page on FinAid.gov. Here, you'll find an exhaustive list of scholarships that may apply to your situation.
Scholarships for Children With a Parent Who Has Cancer
Inheritance of Hope offers a list of scholarships for students who live with a parent who has cancer or have lost a parent to cancer. Some scholarships are geared toward a specific type of cancer.
In addition to these resources, you may be able to find information for your specific state online. Visit the website for your state's Department of Education to learn more about potential scholarships.
You can also talk to the financial aid department at your chosen school. Many schools have scholarships for students in your situation, and it never hurts to ask. If you recently lost your parent, you can bring a copy of the death certificate to your financial aid office. This loss will affect your status for financial aid and may make your eligible for additional scholarships.
Most importantly, persevere in getting information. No matter what kind of situation you're in, it takes a lot of research to find and apply for scholarships. You'll find that the financial assistance you receive will be well worth the work.