Single Man’s Marriage Prayer
Prayer for singles to arrest lateness in marriage
For spinsters and bachelors who feel that obtaining the right partner is getting rather late. The best way to arrest delay in marriage is to engage in constant wrestling bouts with the enemy and to call back all the benefits you would have gained if you had gotten married earlier. God is waiting for you to fight it out with your enemy.
No word of God shall lack power of fulfillment! God’s words are always backed by His authority and we know His words cannot return to Him void. We serve a God that cannot lie. His dreams, vision and words concerning our lives will surely come to pass.
God is the one that instituted marriage and He performed the first wedding ceremony in Genesis chapter 2.
God has a man for every woman and if you feel that you have lost God’s perfect will for your life, don’t forget that for every Vashti there is an Esther.
Lateness in marriage can come as a result of collective captivity and spiritual manipulations of sorts. “In His time God makes all things beautiful” (Ecclesiastes 3:11).The God that makes all things beautiful, will step into your situation, break down every wall of partition between you and your God-ordained partner (Ephesians 2:14) and gather you together by His Spirit (Isaiah 34:16; Ephesians 2:13).
Our God is faithful! He never comes late. He will hasten His words (concerning your marriage) to perform it. (Jeremiah 1:12).
Habakkuk 2:3 says, “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”
Isaiah 34:16 says, “Seek ye the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Philip. 2:9-10 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”
Col. 2:13 says, “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;”
Rev. 12:11 says, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
Luke 1:37 says, “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
- Thank the Lord because your miracle has come.
- Ask the Lord to forgive you any sin that would hinder answers to your prayers.
- Lord, make known to me the secrets of my inner life. Help me Lord, to discover my real self.
- Help me Lord, to discover my real self.
- Let every imagination of the enemy against my marital life be rendered impotent, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to co-operate with any anti-marriage spells and curses, in the name of Jesus.
- I cancel every bewitchment fashioned against my settling down in marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every force magnetizing the wrong people to me be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every covenant of marital failure and late marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I cancel every spiritual wedding conducted consciously or unconsciously on my behalf, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the hand of household wickedness from my marital life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every incantation, incisions, hexes and other spiritually harmful activities working against me, be completely neutralized, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all forces of evil manipulating, delaying or hindering marriage to be completely paralyzed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all evil anti-marriage marks be removed, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, restore me to the perfect way in which You created me if I have been altered.
- Father, let Your fire destroy every satanic weapon fashioned against my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, expose all the schemes and plans of satan ever devised against me marrying.
- I beg for forgiveness of any sin that has given ground to the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- I reclaim all the ground I have lost to the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
- I apply the power in the name and blood of Jesus to my marital status.
- I apply the blood of Jesus to remove all consequences of evil anti-marital operations and oppression, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the binding effect of anything of evil ever put upon me marrying, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all the enemies of Jesus Christ operating against my marriage be exposed, in the name of Jesus.
- I sever myself from any satanic linkage and any strange power, in the name of Jesus.
- I remove the right of the enemy to afflict my plan to get married, in the name of Jesus.
- I break every bondage of inherited marital confusion, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and plunder the goods of every strongman attached to my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the angels of the living God roll away the stone blocking my marital breakthrough in the name of Jesus.
- Let God arise and let all the enemies of my marital breakthrough be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God melt away the stones hindering my marital blessings, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let the cloud blocking the sunlight of my marital glory and breakthrough be dispersed, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all evil spirits masquerading to trouble my marital life be bound and cast out, in the name of Jesus.
- The pregnancy of good things within me will not be aborted by any contrary power, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, let wonderful changes begin to be my lot from this week.
- I reject every spirit of the tail in all areas of my life, in Jesus’ name.
- I receive the Bone of my bone and Flesh of my flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- I stand against every spirit of discouragement, fear, worry and frustration, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, turn away all that would jilt, disappoint or fail me, in Jesus’ name.
- Thank You Mighty God for my marital victory and answered prayers.
Jul 24, 2017mannaexpress
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection
Prayers For Marriage Protection – I learned a lot from my parent’s almost 40 years of marriage and that was the fact that prayer is not the last resort. It is always the first thing to get to against any issues that may want to arise in marital togetherness.
See the issue with a lot of marriages is that they lack prayers in their lives and then tend to run to God whenever issues arise. Before entering into marriage at all, you need to commit all to God and not wait till when there are dangerous times.
You need to know;
That the devil completely loathes good things and would seek all opportunities to destroy. You most powerful weapon in your marriage is prayer. Prayer to God for protection against the evil ones.
Every single day, I read posts on social media – Instagram and especially on issues relating to marriage, I get chats and emails from friends about relationship and marital issues and I so feel it is important that I share this with you all.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 1
I have therefore taken time to put together amazing collection of prayers for marriage protection.
As much as you love your marriage, putting everything in God’s hands is important in order to make your partner and you thrive in marital bliss and satisfaction.
I hope these collection of prayers for marriage protection gives you the spiritual empowerment for upliftment and helps you on your fight towards marital bliss and satisfaction.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 2
Heavenly father, I thank you for raising my family to be something great and amazing. I thank you for your love for me and my partner and I give you all glory and praise for making us a special kind of married couple.
I commit my other half into your hands, dear God take absolute control of him/her. Help him/ her treat me with respect and love the way you loved us your people. Give him.
her the grace to be more of a man/woman that you have kept him/ her to be.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 3
Dear Lord, I give you praise for making me a partner to that man who is the father of our children. I pray that you use him in this family to be a speaker and preacher of your word.
I pray that you use him to be a better father for our children and that you give him the grace to be able to shoulder the responsibilities of these amazing children. We are not perfect oh God, please help us to stay perfect in our lives.
Give us the grace to master the art of having a fulfilled marriage and support one one another through thick and thin. Let us leave an everlasting legacy in your name and make us win your kingdom at the end of the days. Amen.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 4
“Gracious Lord—thank you for shielding my significant other from affliction. I pray that you will keep on protecting him from any mischief—both physical and mental. Help him to see his body and brain as the home of the Holy Spirit and to completely surrender it back to the Lord as a living sacrifice (1 Cor. 6:19).
Father, I know it is difficult, yet please give him the spiritual capability to beat any adversary that remain in his direction. Father, monitor his body and soul — that he not be accommodated by this world, but instead he is changed by the consistent refueling of his mind. I ask that what satisfies the Father will wise satisfy my better half (Rom. 12:2).
I pray that keeps his hope renewed in you in Jesus name. Amen.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 5
“King of Glory, you have blessed me with a spouse who works amazingly hard for our family—thank you for that! Your Word says that we should not work in futility on the provided that we are relentless, resolute, and continually working in the name of the Lord (1 Cor. 15:58). If it’s not too much trouble please help me to develop those characteristics in my better half.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 6
Father, you didn’t give us a soul that makes us tentative, however one that gives us power, love, and self-control (2 Tim 1:7).
I pray that my better half will turn into the head at his work place and take care of business in a trustworthy and impactful manner that I can give all the praises and adoration to you king of glory.
I thank you because you have answered my prayers. In Jesus name I have prayed. Amen.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 7
“Dear God, thank you for raising up trusted men as friends who can coach and instruct my significant other about who you are and what you are capable of (2 Tim. 2:2). I modestly ask that you help my love to reach out to friends who love you as much as I do. Bring Godly men around him and evacuate any negative signs and decisions away from his life.
Father, I also pray that you give my love a benevolent soul so he might recognize what it is to be in you and to worship you. Make him a willing and persevering devotee; who by his activities—will convey the messages of Christ to others. I give you all the glory because I am sure you have my family in mind.
Take all absolute and perfect control because all praises are to you my father and my King. In Jesus name. Amen.
Great Prayer(s) For Marriage Protection 8
“Gracious God—thank you for the valuable soul of my significant other and thank you for the relationship that you have favored us so profoundly. Enable us to stay together as one (Gen. 2:24) and enable our marriage to bring all adoration to YOU.
Most importantly, help us to love each other profoundly in light of the fact that love covers a huge number of sins (1 Pet. 4:8). May we be given to each other in affection and respect each other above ourselves (Rom. 12:10). In Jesus name I’ve prayed.
I published these prayers because I felt that you may need prayers for marriage protection. Just in case you need some counseling or more prayers for marriage protection. Feel free drop your messages in the comment section below. May God bless and protect your family. Amen!
5 Prayers for a Stronger Marriage
Prayer serves as an important part of communication with God and gives us the ability to approach the throne of grace in an intimate way. Prayers for a stronger marriage are a powerful force that can help create a solid, life-long marriage bond. We’ve watched God work miracles in our marriage covenant over the years from the simple act of prayer.
If you and your spouse do not pray together, don’t let that deter you from standing strong and continuing to pray each day. Make it a point to fight for your marriage – even if it means you stand before the Lord alone. He will honor you.
We believe that prayer can make the difference between a lasting marriage and one that fails. Today we are sharing with you five prayers for a stronger marriage. We’ll be focusing on prayers in the areas of: unity, intimacy, honesty, forgiveness, and health.
1. A Prayer for Unity in Marriage
Heavenly Father we come before you to thank you for all you have done and continue to do in our lives and marriage. We come before you today, God, asking for a stronger bond of unity in our marriage covenant.
Father we ask that you will give us the ability to be a united front for you letting nothing come between us.
Help us, Father to identify and work through anything that is not pleasing to you so we can continually reach higher levels of unity in our marriage – spiritually, physically, and mentally.We are thankful and excited to see the work of your hand as we do our best to seek your face daily. We love you and thank you for all of these things.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!
“Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.” (Ephesians 4:3 NLT)
2. A Prayer for Intimacy in Marriage
Heavenly Father, we ask you today, to strengthen the bonds of both physical and spiritual intimacy in our marriage. We are thankful that you have called husband and wife to intimacy with you first, and intimacy with one another.
Please show us any behavior we have been committing that has been preventing us from entering into a deeper intimate relationship with you and one another.
Once trust is broken it can be nearly impossible to regain on our own, however, we know that all things are possible with you God. Heal our hearts, Father, of past hurts and help us to trust in you and one another again.
We thank you right now for increased intimacy in our marriage as we seek to honor you and one another through our marriage covenant.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” (Ephesians 5:31 NIV)
3. A Prayer for Honesty in Marriage
Father God we come before you today to ask you to help us do everything with absolute honesty in our marriage. Sanctify us by your truth – your word is truth (John 17:17).
Help us to never lie to one another. Help us to come clean if we mess up or make a mistake that can affect our marriage – no matter how bad we may feel or embarrassed we may be. Give us the ability to be completely transparent with one another regardless of how we feel.
We thank you for the discernment to know your truth and the conviction to call on the name of Jesus. If there is anything that we have been untruthful about in the past, please help us to share it with one another and give us the wisdom to work through it.
We thank you for helping us to be honest as we choose to submit to your spirit.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
“Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.” (Colossians 3:9-10 NIV)
4. A Prayer for Forgiveness in Marriage
Heavenly Father, as we strive to continuously build a stronger marriage, help us to forgive one another for things that may hurt or offend us. Help us to walk in forgiveness and never lose sight of the fact that you have forgiven us.
Help us to show your mercy and grace to our spouse each time they need it and not bring up past hurts or failures. Let us be an example of forgiveness to not only our spouse but to those around us so we can continue to show your love to all we meet. Help us to also forgive ourselves if we struggle with condemnation.
Thank you for your life-giving words of truth that we may be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9 NIV)
5. A Prayer for Health for You and Your Spouse
Father God we thank you for divine health in our physical bodies, spiritual life, and marriage. We pray that you will make known to us anything that we are doing that does not directly correlate with healthy living; body, spirit, soul.
Give us the strength to honor you through our bodies as they are the temple of the Lord. Give us the wisdom to continuously build a healthy spiritual life and marriage with you at the center.
Help us to always remember the sacrifice you made that gave us the promise of healing and peace. You are worthy to be praised!
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:4 KJV)
Even if you are not in the habit of praying, that can change. We encourage those of you who do not regularly pray to start with committing to pray once a day. Some of the best times to pray are the times that you are doing something essential.
Some ideas of when to pray are:
- just before you get bed
- meal times
- while in the shower
- while brushing your teeth
- on your way to work
- before bed
Of course there are many, many other times of the day you can pray, but start off by doing it during the same time each day and soon it will become second nature to you. Then gradually increase it to one more times each day until you find yourself living a lifestyle of prayer.
Michael and Carlie Kercheval have been blissfully married since June 10, 2000. They have been blessed with three precious children that they have been able to raise while traveling the world as a military family.
They are co-authors of the popular marriage devotional: Consecrated Conversations. Together they founded Fulfilling Your Vows in obedience to the ministry God has placed in their hearts to help equip couples for biblical marriage.
Photo courtesy: ©Thinkstock/satura86
3 Powerful Wedding Prayers and 18 Marriage Prayer Points for Singles
Most girls dream and long for the day that they walk down the altar. Their wedding prayer is one for the best ideal venue, the ideal man, the best possible weather and location. Apostle Paul urges those that can to stay unmarried, because of what potentially comes after the beautiful day. 1 Corinthians 7
Marriage is a commitment that lasts a lifetime. One day for the wedding, and the rest of the life to experience marriage. As the church we ought to place more emphasis and impression upon our boys and girls the significance of what is to come after the wedding.
The bible says that the Lord gives the desires of the heart, to those that delight in him. The late, Dr Myles Munroe has an incredible teaching about the subject of preparation for marriage. It is called, The Myth of Singleness. I have placed the video below.
Add value to yourself, so that you bring more value to your spouse’s life as well. You singleness is the most significant part of getting your marriage right. That is the period you get yourself ready, there is no transformation at the altar.
More than anything, our prayer is that the Lord would give you a spouse who will propel your destiny to greater heights, as you do the same for them! God forbid that your marriage would derail your destiny! We have created marriage prayer points for singles. It is the best time to sow into your marriage in prayer.
Lord prepare me: Marriage prayer points for singles
While it is great to find the right person to marry, it is more important to be the right person for someone else. Our prayer today is, Lord make me the right person for my spouse.
- Father make my days of being single count. Prepare me to be the best spouse that I can be.
- Open my eyes to my own flaws while I am still alone. Give me humility to acknowledge where I am wrong, and to want to be better.
- Teach me to build someone up, while I am still alone, that I may be a worthy co-pilot when I marry.
Lord protect my spouse
It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. – Frederick Douglass
This world is a cold place. People usually come into marriages carrying baggage from their childhood, from their single life. The quote by Mr Douglass rings true for both male and female spouses. We bring our brokenness into our relationships.
Our prayer is that God would begin to mend marriages and relationships, such that children are raised free of the baggage that our brokenness pushes onto them. Lord, teach us to build strong children.
- Lord I speak your covering over my spouse, even if I have yet to meet him/her. Protect them, in their coming and going out.
- Grant them wisdom to grow into the man/woman that you have intended for them to become.
- Just as you are preparing me to be a worthy companion and partner, raise him/her to be the same for me. Where I fall short, may they become a covering. Where he/she falls short, prepare me to be a covering.
Teach me to wait on you
We are often under pressure to be married by a certain age. This is a phenomenon that is common in the church. One could even argue that perhaps the pressure is one of the reasons why the divorce rates have been rising even within the church. The bible tells us that there is grace for those who wait on the Lord. Isaiah 40:31
The bible tells us of the pressure that Job was under due to people not seeing the hand of God in his life. We also know of the reward that was at the end of his faithful wait! Though it hurt, he waited!
- Father teach me to wait on you. That I would not fall into the arms of the wrong person to appease family, friends or the church. A good wife and husband comes from you, so I will wait on you.
Proverbs 19:14 “House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.”
- Lord your time is perfect. May I not be swayed by earthly wisdom, rather, trust in your will and your process.
Proverbs 14:12 “12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
Surround me with the right mentors
Wherever greatness is, there has always been a great mentor to foster it. Think of anyone who you think has achieved a great marriage. They had their grandparents to look at and think, “Lord, that is the sort marriage that I want.”
The disciples who went on to turn the world upside down had been mentored by Christ. The bible tells us that when they spoke, people recognised whom they had spent time with.
Acts 4:13 says the following, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took note concerning them that they had been with Jesus.”
It didn’t matter how messed up or dysfunctional where these men had come from. It no longer mattered that they were unlearned and ignorant! They had been mentored well. Our prayer is that God would bring such people into your life, such that when people see where you end up, they will see the hand of the Lord!
- Lord make me coachable at every turn. Give me grace to love correction, humility to accept my fault and bravery to make changes where I can. Proverbs 12:1
- Lord as you raised Elizabeth in Mary’s time of need, raise someone to stand with me. Raise someone to speak life into me, to help me believe when I cannot see. Luke 1:39-45
- Father give me the gift of discernment, to pick out the good voices from a crowd that will speak to me or over me!
My marriage will be sweet
Great marriages are a bedrock for generations to come. This is why it is important for the enemy to fight our marriages. Our prayer is “Lord my marriage will not be statistic for failure!”
- Father raise my marriage as a beacon of your grace!
- Father may we build it all on you! If we build without you we build in vain! Psalm 127.
- You are the giver of every good and perfect gift. Grant me a sweet and wondrous marriage oh God.
Make me the best wife/husband I can possibly be
Men are raised to want the perfect woman for a wife. Women are raised to want the perfect man for a husband. There is little or no emphasis on being the perfect man or woman.
If we all want and no one focuses on being, we are setting ourselves up to fail. Our prayer today is that the Lord would deal with you as you wait for your intended.
- Search my heart oh Lord. If there is anything in me that will stand in the way of the marriage that you intend for me, rid me of it Lord!
- Show me my brokenness, oh Lord. Where my shortcoming are, those that I may be blind to.
- Mend my brokenness. Father, whatever is broken in me, from my childhood, from previous relationships. Whatever baggage I am carrying forward, Lord heal me of it.
Downloadable Wedding Prayers
1 Samuel 7:12
12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,[a] saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”
You know how far the Lord has pulled you to get to this day. You know the pain he has had to pull you past. Today, we say Ebenezer, you have brought me to my wedding day oh Lord!
WEDDING PRAYER 1
Dear Heavenly father,
Bless this, our wonderful day. Bless this, our marriage. Bless our wedding. We speak grace into everything that is planned out for the day. May it all be smooth. Grant us grace to be at peace through it all. Most of all, I am grateful for my spouse! Bless him/her on this day! We thank you for keeping us thus far. Ebenezer! You have brought us thus far! Carry us forever more! Amen.
WEDDING PRAYER 2
Father I bless you name for my spouse. I thank you for carrying me and him/her through to this day. Bless this union oh God! Let this be a day that starts a wonderful marriage. We thank you for everyone in attendance! Thank you for the gifts, even the gift of life today. All glory returns to you oh God! Amen.
WEDDING PRAYER pdf
WEDDING PRAYER 3
Oh God of wonders,
How marvellous are your works! How gracious you are to have brought us to the day of our wedding. We speak a blessing over this day! Over every guest, over all well-wishers, even those who could not be here to celebrate with us! May your glory be seen in this day! May your glory be evident in our marriage, forever more. In Jesus’ name! Amen.
WEDDING PRAYER-pdf download
Originally posted 2018-12-20 20:11:51.