Prayers For Good Health
Powerful Prayers for Healing and Good Health
“When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” – John 5:6
Our health is important simply because it is the key to living well and long. Despite its necessity, there are a lot of illnesses that pose a risk to our health and we always try to avoid them. Luckily for us, God has us covered in terms of protection.
Wherein there are numerous instances in the Bible, with them being the different promises of long life, prosperity, and good health made to Man. All these promises though have a requirement which is in the form of total love, obedience, and prayers to God.
Abraham and Isaac fulfilled these requirements and they were rewarded by God for their love and obedience. Now, to this rule, you're no exception yourself. Therein, all you have to do is to have a deep, personal talk with God. In other words, pray to the El Shaddai—who always listens.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:8
Prayer for Health and Strength
Father Above, I pray before You today seeking strength and wellbeing. I pray that You grant me the strength to power through my days and health, to last a lifetime. Lord, I will not go sick neither will I tire, and throughout the days of my life, it is You that will be worshipped by me. I thank You for the blessings Oh Lord, and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Health and Healing
God, I/name of the individual who's sick want Your divine healing.
At this point in my/his/her faith of You, I/he/she know(s) that nothing happens without Your consent and this is just an ordeal that's a testimony in the making. With that, I know I only have to pray to You to grant me a boon as usual.
Lord, grant me good health and heal my mind, body, and soul. Let me, Your vessel be filled with the strength to make jubilations because of Your ever constant help.
I adore and glorify Your name my God, and In Jesus Name I've Prayed.
More prayers for healing.
Prayer for Health for a Loved One
As I kneel in Your presence and bask in Your love, I have this prayer on the behalf of “name”. Father, be with him/her and grant him/her good health. Father, “name” will be filled with Your essence and no illness shall hurt him/her in Jesus Name.
No matter where he/she goes and regardless of the circumstance, physical wellbeing shall “name” possess by Your power. Safekeep him/her and give long life that'll be dedicated to Your use.
Father, thank You for the miracles past, present, and future—and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health and Protection
Lord above, You have been the sword that has cut down the different agents that would have harmed me and my loved ones. Now, I pray that You be my shield that'll protect me and my loved ones from all illnesses.
Father, You are an immovable and indestructible mountain and if there was any other Supreme God that guarantees protection, I do not know of him. All I know is You, who has been with me and offering guidance to safe keep me.
So, Lord above, I pray that You protect me and my family throughout all occurrences in our lives.
I thank You for listening and answering this prayer and In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health and Happiness
Heavenly Father, in reverence, I pray to You today with a request. God, I pray that You grant me good health and I will forever preach Your good deeds in my life.
Also and by Your will and grace, happiness from good health will I have for the rest of my days. So much that I'll be a walking symbol of Your eternal love. I thank You for the chance to pray to You today and In Jesus Name, Amen.
Prayer for Good Health Quotes
“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”
“I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.”
“The wish for healing has always been half of health.”
“All mankind… being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions.”
“Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.”
You've been given the opportunity, so why not pray now? Send your prayer to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher now.
Bible Verses about Health
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” – 3 John 1:2“Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” – Jeremiah 33:6
“My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. 21 Do not let them your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.” – Proverbs 4:20-22
Prayers for Good Luck
Last modified: December 6, 2018
We all face situations in life where we find ourselves looking for miracles or divine intervention and seek to attain such through prayers.
Below are some truly powerful prayers that will aid you in successfully petitioning for the ultimate type of assistance from above!
Good Luck Prayers for a Professional Cause
- I am confident that it is the will of God for you to succeed in getting this promotion, and may He be with you as you make your official bid to secure it.
- We thank God for all of our successes and innovations, and may He be with you as you seek to add value to the world.
- May God, in His amazing grace, give you the type of professional success that transcends time, space and economic conditions.
- I pray for your success and that God will use your resultant wealth as a tool to help the less fortunate.
- Praying that God will bless you to be a world changer who positively influences his profession for generations to come!
- May God bless you with the mind of a problem solver whose professional aspirations leave an impact on his generation.
- May God bless you to reach greater heights and become internationally renowned in your field. You truly deserve this.
- May the good Lord use your gifts, talents and aspirations in the way He sees fit, and may your successes exceed any level of accomplishment beyond your wildest aspirations.
Wishing, Hoping, Praying
- May God bless you with the type of professional success that will enable you to inspire and pull up others also striving to achieve and excel.
- Today, may the heavens bless you with the kind of success that just hearing the mention of your name inspires others to strive for greatness.
- I thank God not only for your accomplishments of today but also for the glorious future He has prepared for you.
- I hope that God finds it worthy to be your professional partner and give you the type of success that is still spoken of centuries from now.
- If your best is not good enough to achieve your professional goals, then may the almighty God make you better!
Good Luck Prayers For a Health Issue
- It is not the will of God that any of us die prematurely, so may He be with you in your quest for health. I have strong faith in the Lord, and that is why I know He will help you overcome this illness.
- No situation is too bleak when God is on your side, and I am praying that He will personally lay his healing hands on you and eradicate your sickness.
- May you be blessed with a recovery so powerful that your return to strength amazes all onlookers.
- We all know that none of us can demand anything from God, but rather we humbly beg for His intervention in restoring you to good health and great strength.
- May God put someone in your path who is able to assist you in permanently overcoming your ailments.
- It’s my deepest prayer that today’s incurable sickness serve as tomorrow’s undeniable testimony of the grace and mercy of God.
- Dear Lord, we are already grateful for all You have done for us and will praise Your name even more when You heal the sickness of our dear friend.
- May you and God strike a contract where He gives you your health and you give Him your soul. Amen.
- I pray that God will make your life, happier, easier and less stressful by removing the physical curses on your body. Amen.
- We are thankful for all of the good God has done in our lives and thank Him in advance for restoring you to full health.
- Thank you God for gathering us here in faith and our belief in Your capacity and willingness to help our sick friend.
Making a Wish for You.
Good Luck Prayers For Exams
- May every obstacle you face today later prove to have rather been aids that led you to performing well in your exams.
- May you prove not to be amongst the common masses but rather handpicked by God to excel at this exam.
- May God grant you success on this exam and bless you with a mindset that will find contentment in the effort you put forth regardless of the outcome.
- May you go into your test with a mindset of perfect peace under the conviction that preparation, destiny and providence are on your side. Amen.
- I thank God in advance for hearing our petition and entreat Him to intervene on your behalf in successfully passing these exams.
- We are just human and pray for God to help you on your exam, though it be but a temporal and material aspiration.
- May God cause your success with this exam to be a testimony of His ability to bend all things to His will.
Good Luck Prayers for a Relationship
- It is the will of God that soul mates not part ways, and I pray for Him to intervene and save your relationship.
- May God bless you with a relationship Adam and Eve, who were able to spend a thousand years together in each other’s arms.
- I pray that every trust issue in your relationship is peacefully and permanently resolved.
- May God turn back the hands of time and restore all that you have lost in your relationship.
- I pray that God will lovingly look down on you and bless you with the wisdom to realize how important your partner is to your overall health, happiness and survival.
- From henceforth, may forgiveness become a more important part of this relationship than resentment, vengeance and foolish mistakes.
- I pray that the focus of this relationship becomes one of gratitude for having a special friend rather than figuring out strategies to live without one.
- Although the world is tumultuous, we pray that your relationship be graced with the peace of the love of God and not the agony of the love of the world.
Sending a prayer out to the universe.
- Dear God, may you become a third party in this relationship to ensure that it will survive and thrive.
- May fate finally prove to you that it has always been in favor of your adamantine bond.
- I pray that you become less connected to social media and more connected to God so that you will have a more-positive approach when it comes to your relationship.
- Dear God, You know how slow this couple is in realizing the blessings they have in each other, so please show Your favor to this relationship in any way You can.
You may also :
Good Luck Messages for Exams, Interviews and the Future
Get Well Soon Prayers | Words to Heal
Good Luck Wishes for Games and Competitions
Click here for our best birthday wishes. If you d what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.
A Prayer for Health
Daily life is littered with all sorts of sickness. Flu season hit my household this week, and according to the CDC, most of United States is in the midst of a “high activity” flu season. One does not realize the luxury of the average day until it’s besieged and de-railed by influenza. Life comes to a pause, and workloads pile up.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that one in four adults had one or more chronic health conditions in 2012.
Discouragement that leads to a depressive state cannot be categorized as a “it will never happen to me” notion. Mental health is an astronomical concern in this country.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five adults in the US experience mental illness in a given year.
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” (3 John 1:2)
If our bodies and minds are ailing at such a high rate, it shouldn’t surprise us that our spiritual lives are unhealthy as well. LifeWay Research released a report in April of 2017 that states “more than half of Americans have read little or none of the Bible.” Though we don’t have full control over flu germs, depression, and terminal disease, we can choose to read Scripture daily.
Let’s pray for complete health, mind, body and soul. To seek His counsel in all things, and welcome the wisdom of the Holy Spirit into the part of our hearts that need healing. A healthy life is comprised of more than a fit physically body free of injury and illness.
A Prayer for Complete, Good Health
Praise You for this, and every day that we get to wake up this side of heaven. Each day is laced with purpose, and we ask for Your wisdom and guidance through every one. Help us to live each day well, and for Your glory, from start to finish.
Thank You for Your Word, which breathes life into our tired souls and minds. You promise to meet us there, in study and prayer. Thank You for the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, paying with His life for our ease of access to our Heavenly Father through prayer and Scripture. Each biblical story and truth weave in and out our lives in Your perfect timing.
Father, You remind us throughout Scripture that You are faithful to Your people.
Jeremiah 33:6 says, “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.
” So often, as in the Old Testament, we rebel, neglect to care for ourselves as You do, and end up tired and sick. But Father You are faithful to enwrap us in Your healing love each time we turn back to You.Forgive us for neglecting to care for the life You have entrusted us with. The life that You have purposed specifically to do more than we can ask for or imagine. When we go our own way, we wear ourselves down, physically and mentally. Other times, we train physically but neglect our psyche. We often neglect our spiritual life.
Father, strengthen us to hold captive the joy You bless our lives with daily. Help us to walk freely in Your love.
For as Paul reminds us in 1 Timothy 4:8 (VOICE), “Although training your body has certain payoffs, godliness benefits all things–holding promise for life here and now and promise for the life that is coming.
” Send us more of Your Holy Spirit, to help us focus on Your Word daily. Give us hearts Jesus.
Give us the wisdom to seek You first each day, before each decision. It’s often the little thoughts and daily decisions that lead us into a sudden spiral of bad health. Enlighten us and guide us through Your Word. Let our hearts burn for more of You each day.
Help us endure the pain of chronic conditions, some of which will not find healing in this broken and sinful world. We know that You work all things for good, but in those moments of chronic pain and suffering, it can be impossible to understand Your perfect and just hand in it all.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Bible Verses for Good Health & Healing
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” ~ Jeremiah 17:14
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” ~ James 5:14-15
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10
- “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD” ~ Jeremiah 30:17
- “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:6
- “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.” ~ Psalms 107:19-21
- “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalms 103:2-4
– read more Healing Scriptures at BibleStudyTools.com
Meg Bucher (Meg) encourages others to seek Him first through her life as a stay-at-home mom, career as a freelance writer, teaching Emoti-moms Weekly Bible Study, and leading the kids worship teams at her local church. She resides in a small, Northern lake town with her husband of ten years, two daughters, and their Golden-doodle. Meg writes about everyday life within the love of Christ on her blog, http://sunnyand80.org.
Photo courtesy: illness©Thinkstock/Tero Vesalainen
Prayer and Health Outcomes
Christian reality TV star Jessa Duggar Seewald recently shared three videos by Baptist pastor John Piper, one of which calls anxiety a sin.
Several Instagram commenters and at least one blogger were not happy with the implication that people could “pray the anxiety away.”
For many people, prayer is an integral part of their faith. And there’s research showing that prayer has some health benefits.
But experts say substituting prayer for medical treatment, especially with serious conditions such as anxiety and depression, can lead to years of struggling and more serious complications, including death.
Can prayer help others heal?
A number of studies have looked at the effects of religion or prayer on health — with some showing positive benefits.
One study, published last year in PLoS One, found that people who attended church more than once per week were 55 percent less ly to die during the 18-year follow-up period than people who didn’t frequent church.
A 2016 study from JAMA Internal Medicine also showed that women who attended church services more than once per week were 33 percent less ly to die during the 16 years of follow-up than non-churchgoers.These studies, though, don’t show whether it is religion that is giving the health boost or some other factor, such as social support.
Solo prayer is harder for researchers to measure than church attendance for a couple reasons. For one, “How often do you go to church?” is an easy question for people to answer. And two, different people may have different ways of praying.
Also, people tend to turn to prayer when things are going badly — such as when they are sick, lose a loved one, or are fired from a job.
“A lot of times prayer becomes a marker for distress or even greater physical illness, because it’s during those times that people turn to prayer for comfort,” said Dr. Harold Koenig, director of the Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health at Duke University, and author of “Religion and Mental Health: Research and Clinical Applications.”
Studies done at one point in time in a person’s life — cross-sectional studies — may include only people who are struggling.
Overall, research on the benefits of praying for others, known as intercessory prayer, has been mixed.
One review of past studies found that praying for someone else has small health benefits for the person being prayed for. Another showed no effect at all.
And one study suggests that prayer may make things worse. This study, published in 2006 in the American Heart Journal, found that people who knew that someone else was praying for their recovery from heart surgery had higher rates of complications than people who weren’t being prayed for.
Praying may boost mental health
Praying for others might not help them that much, but several studies have found benefits for the person doing the prayer — whether they are praying for someone else or themselves.
This may stem from the effect that the act of praying has on a person’s mental well-being.
“The compassion that people display toward others when they pray for them is something that is good for the person doing the praying,” Koenig told Healthline.
Prayer may also have similar effects on mental well-being as meditation and yoga, which spill over into physical effects.
“Any benefit to mental well-being, which I think prayer has, is going to translate into benefits for physical well-being over time,” said Koenig.He is quick to point out, though, that he’s not talking about prayer “miraculously curing someone.” Instead, prayer can improve a person’s mental health, such as reducing anxiety and stress.
In turn, this can translate into “better physiological functioning,” such as lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol, lower blood pressure, and improved immune functioning.
A 2009 study by Koenig and colleagues found that six weekly in-person Christian prayer sessions with patients at a primary care office lowered their depression and anxiety symptoms and increased their optimism.
The prayer was led by a lay minister, but the patients sometimes joined them in praying. So it’s uncertain if the effects are the result of being prayed for or the act of praying.
Other studies have found that prayer decreased symptoms of pain after a C-section and improved the quality of life in women undergoing radiation therapy.
Prayer instead of treatment
Koenig said there’s a particular need for studies that follow people over decades to “see if those who regularly spend time in prayer end up experiencing better mental and physical health over time.”
Does this mean you can ditch your doctor or psychologist and pray instead?
“Absolutely not,” said Koenig.
Serious mental and physical problems are not things to mess around with.
Left untreated, anxiety disorder can lead to physical problems and an increased risk of suicide and depression. Depression is linked to physical illnesses, social isolation, and premature death.
Other untreated illnesses can also lead to death or other serious complications.
A study last year in JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute found that people who chose only alternative medicine therapies for their cancer were 2.5 times more ly to die than those who used conventional cancer treatments.This study didn’t look at prayer specifically, but it does show the risks of avoiding medical care.
Even though prayer may not “miraculously” cure you, there may still be a place for it alongside traditional treatments.
“The combination of getting the best medical care and having a strong religious faith and prayer can lead to better mental and physical health,” said Koenig.
Prayer for Emotional Wellbeing and Good Health
This emotional wellness prayer will help you receive God’s help in keeping your thoughts, emotions and behaviors healthy.
Emotional wellness means that your inner life provides you with the stability and resilience to handle the stress, joys and difficulties of life.
Because God is the source of the strength and stability of our emotional wellness, prayer is one of the most important tools we can use in our quest for emotional wellness. Christians aren’t exempt from life problems, but those who know God intimately are given power beyond themselves to endure and prosper no matter what.
Emotional wellness prayer
Dear God, I come to you asking for your help in keeping mestrong and healthy in body, mind and spirit.
I thank you that because you created me you know my innerthoughts. You know all of my fears, myhopes and my dreams. You know my past,present and future. Only you know mypersonality and you know all of my emotional needs.
I thank you that you are the source of health in my innerbeing. When I draw close to your, you add your strengthto mine. You help me cope. You guideme. You comfort me. You strengthen me.
I pray that you will continue to develop in me the gracesthat create emotional wellness.
I pray that you will renew my mind daily and keep my thoughtprocess clear. Help me guard againstnegativity, judgementalism and worry.
I pray that you will help me handle my emotions well. I thank you that you understand my feelingsand that you hurt when I hurt and you rejoice when I rejoice.
Guide me to use and express my emotions in appropriate and healthyways.
Comfort me when I am hurting. Calm me when I am distressed and anxious. Heal me when I am broken.
Alert me when I am overreacting. Prevent me from acting before I think.When I am overcome with negative emotions to the point thatthey are interfering with my life, guide me to seek help from others.
Show me how to handle stress. Guide me how to keep my life balanced.
Open my eyes to activities that can replenish my mind andspirit.
Connect me with others in meaningful ways. Deepen my friendships, strengthen my familyties, connect me with other Christians.
Show me your purpose for my life that I might be part ofsomething bigger than myself. Give mevision, hope and promise.
Never let my heart grow old. Keep me moving from glory to glory in your Kingdom.
Help me care for my body and keep it strong. Help me to eat well and keep fit.
Most of all, draw me closer to you. Fill me with faith, trust, love, grace andpeace.
Let me sit at your feet in your presence, safe and secure inYou.
Emotional Wellness Prayer Scriptures
“O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; youperceive my thoughts from afar. Youdiscern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know itcompletely, O Lord.” (Psalm 139 :1-4NIV)
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and thatall may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” (3 John verse 2 NIV)
“A cheerful heart is good medicine but a crushed spiritdries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22 NIV)
“A wise man’s heart guides his mouth, and his lips promoteinstruction. Pleasant words are ahoneycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” (Proverbs 16:23.24 NIV)
“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body andnourishment to your bones.” (Prov 3:7,8NIV)
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as youtrust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the HolySpirit.” (Romans 15:13 NIV)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on yourown understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make yourpaths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5,6 NIV)
Emotional Wellness Prayer Activities
Many experts advise using meditativetechniques to promote emotional wellness.
Christian prayer is more effective than these techniques because you aretaking your eyes off your own situation and entering into the presence of ourloving God.
Christian emotional wellnessprayer activities offer much more than the peace or tranquility promised byother techniques because Christian prayer brings you closer to God’s presence,person and power.
Here are some suggested ideas for emotional wellness prayeractivities:
Secrets to developing powerful Christian mediation time
How to mediate in nature
How to mediate using art
How to do mediation using the Bible
How to pray Scriptures
How to request and receive confidential prayer
How to let go of things using prayer
Journaling as a form of prayer
Living and praying a thankful life
How to have a prayer breakthrough by honestly talking with God
Copyright Karen Barber 2019. All rights reserved.