Prayer To Protect My Husband’s Job
War Room Prayers to Pray Over Your Marriage
[Affiliate links may be used in this post.]
Taking My Marriage to the War Room:
One thing I have learned after 13 years of marriage is that prayer is NOT the last resort–it is the first line of defense against any attack. This is especially true in regards to marriage.
The enemy will find any crack in your marriage in order to weasel his way into your relationship. He is slimy and full of darkness.
But our most powerful weapon against that little jerk is always prayer.
It seems every day, I am receiving prayer requests from friends and readers of this blog–about their marriage troubles. It’s scary, guys–I’m talking about marriages that I never thought would waver.
I have written these prayers in an effort to combat the enemy in my own marriage and build up my husband so that he is fully protected. I encourage every wife or future wife to pray these same prayers!
Pray for His Spiritual Relationship with Christ:
“Father, I am so thankful that my husband carries you in his heart and that he is fully aware of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Please continue to guard his heart and everything that flows from it (Prov. 4:23). I humbly ask that you help him to grow in the grace and knowledge of your love and sacrifice (2 Peter 3:18) and that he gives YOU the glory forever. Amen.”
Pray that He Will be the Spiritual Leader in Your Home:
“Oh Lord, thank you for raising my husband up to be a servant of Christ. I pray that you will instill in him, a leader’s heart. Help him to know that just as Christ has authority over every man; he too has authority over our home (1 Cor.
11:3). Help him to treat every member of our family with love and respect and to honor God with his gentle spirit (1 Peter 3:7). Father, I ask for blessings upon blessings for my husband as he honors you by leading our household. In Your name, Amen.
Pray that He Has a Heart for His Children:
“God, thanks for blessing me by making my husband the father of our Children. I ask that you continue to speak through his lips and pour out Life on our kids.
Please Father, help him to have the gift of patience and to not provoke the children to anger by nagging or scolding—that he may bring them up with loving discipline that is approved by God. I humbly ask that you place Godly advice and suggestions on the tip of his tongue at all times (Eph. 6:4).
) Our inheritance in great when we serve the Lord (Col.3:24). Father, help my husband to pass that on to our children by being a good example. Amen.”
Pray for His Physical & Mental Health:
“Oh Lord—thank you for protecting my husband from sickness. I pray that you will continue to protect him from any harm—both physical and mental. Help him to treat his body and mind as the home of the Holy Spirit and to fully surrender it back to the Lord as a living sacrifice (1 Cor. 6:19).
Father, I know it is not easy, but please give him a supernatural strength to overcome any obstacles that stand in his way. Father, guard his mind—that he not be conformed by this world, but rather he is transformed by the renewal of his mind. I ask that what pleases the Father will also please my husband (Rom. 12:2).
I pray all of this in your Son’s precious name, Amen.”
Pray that He has Success at Work:
“Lord, you have blessed me with a husband who works hard for our family—thank you for that! Your Word says that we do not labor in vain if we are steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in the work of the Lord (1 Cor. 15:58).
Please continue to nurture and grow those qualities in my husband. Father, you did not give us a spirit that makes us timid, but one that gives us power, love, and self-discipline (2 Tim 1:7).
I pray that my husband will become a leader at his job and be a man of integrity and influence—and that he will give all the glory to God. Amen.”
Pray that He Can Resist Temptation:
“Father God, I pray a hedge of protection around the heart, eyes, and ears of my husband—that anything meant for foolishness, lust, or crude humor be stamped out and ignored—in Your name, Father! (Eph.
3:5) I ask that my husband’s desire only be for me, his wife (Songs 7:10). Your Word says that the mind governed by the flesh is death but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace (Rom. 8:6).
Father, thank you in advance for your faithfulness to my husband and to my marriage to him. In your name, Amen.”
Pray for His Friends & Mentors:
“Dear God, thank you for raising up trusted men who are able to mentor and teach my husband YOUR truths (2 Tim. 2:2). I humbly ask that you help my husband to seek out those who are seeking out YOU. Bring Godly men around him and remove any negative influences.
Father, I also ask that give my husband a merciful spirit so that he may be an example to those with unbelief. Make him a willing and hardworking disciple; who by his actions—will bring others to Christ. Your Word says that iron sharpens iron just as one man sharpens another. Thank you for that truth.
And all the glory will be to God—Amen.”
Pray for Your Husband’s Relationship with You:
“Oh God—thank you for the precious soul of my husband and thank you for the relationship that you have blessed so deeply. Help us to remain one flesh (Gen. 2:24) and allow our marriage to bring glory to YOU.
Above all, help us to love each other deeply because love covers a multitude of sins (1 Pet. 4:8). May we be devoted to one another in love and honor each other above ourselves (Rom. 12:10).
Thank you in advance for your faithfulness to our marriage. In Jesus name, Amen.”
I have provided these prayers on prayer cards for your convenience–and my own! Sign up here and I’ll send you the link to download your own.
You might also the War Room prayers for the weary mom!
2019 Powerful Prayer for My Husband Protection
Skip to content
In the age we are in, the price to make ends meet is high, and for the family man, it is even higher. Your husband wakes up before dawn, is out all day and returns late at night. This is his daily cycle. Many times, he has to rush through his prayers because there is barely time for him to pray.
You, most assuredly, want your husband to succeed and beyond that, you want him to be protected from every form of evil, but you may be clueless on what to pray about.
That can end as there are fifty protection prayers in this post that you can say on your husband’s behalf.
Prayer of Protection for My Husband
Effective prayers for the protection of your husband on daily basis.
1. God of heaven and earth, I entrust the life of my husband in your care. Watch over him and guard every step he takes. Deliver him from the evils of the day and the destruction of the night. Amen.
2. I pray this day, that my husband’s life is hidden with Christ in God. No evil shall befall him; no harm shall come near him.
3. May the protection of the Lord be upon my husband to deliver him from the wiles of the enemy. I declare that the Lord is his shade forever.4. My husband, I pray that you will live long and be satisfied. You will not die an untimely death; the number of your days you will fulfil on earth.
5. I decree that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Every evil gathering together for your sake shall be scattered and the plans of the enemy shall be frustrated.
6. I pray that as my husband goes in and comes out, the Lord will be with him, to protect him in all his ways.
7. In your career, I displace every bad wish against you. Your source of income will not go dry.
8. I declare over my husband that his health is stable. Sickness will not make his body a harbour. My husband is hale and hearty.
9. Dear God, keep my husband from the influence of strange women. My husband will not be enticed into the embrace of the adulteress.
10. I pray for wisdom to always make the right choices for my husband. Help him to be sensitive and be able to discern between the wrong and right people. Help him also to be able to discern between profitable and dubious deals.
Godly Prayer for My Husband’s Protection
Effective Godly Prayers of protection you should pray for your lovely Husband.
11. For my husband, I pray this day, that the Lord will protect him from the evil one.
12. Help my husband, Lord, to be able to withstand the antics of the deceiver. He won’t fall prey in the hands of the enemy.
13. I pray that my husband’s ears will always be open to hearing when the Lord leads him away from trouble.14. Keep my husband strong. Let him not fall under the weights and pressures of this world.
15. Help my husband to continually be strengthened and encouraged in you, Lord.
16. When things seem to be not working, keep my husband from losing his mind. Instead, help him to trust You who is able to do all things in and for him.
17. Oh Lord, keep my husband as the apple of your eyes. He is your anointed, do not let anyone touch him for evil.
18. Lord, please spread your protection over my husband. Watch over him day and night.
19. Guard my husband in his going in and coming out. Don’t let the arrows of destruction hit him.
20. Protect my husband from maligning fellows, backbiters, envious people and the wicked ones.
21. Lord, I ask on my husband’s behalf, that you will deliver him from all his troubles. Help him to always know that you are near him.
Best Prayer for My Husband’s Protection
The best Godly Prayers of protection you should pray for your lovely Husband
22. I pray for my husband, when he walks through the fire, he will not be burned; the waters of life will not drown him. No matter what he has to go through, he will always come out unscathed.
23. I ask for my husband’s sake, that his physical strength and natural force will not go dim. He will continually be strong.
24. Lord, watch over my husband and be his ever-present help in troubling situations.25. I bring my husband’s work under your cover. Oh Lord, build a hedge around my husband’s career.
26. When a disaster is passing, I pray that you will hide my husband in the shadow of your wings.
27. Be my husband’s refuge and fortress, to guard him from those who seek his hurt.
28. Set an unparalleled watch over and around my husband’s health. His bones will not go weak; his body organs will not cease to function.
29. I pray that at every point my husband is emotionally down, he will find succour in you. He won’t lose his mind. Instead, help him to stay joyful through his challenging times.
30. I ask, oh Lord, that my husband will not lose the love of our children. Help him to stay in constant connection with them.
Prayer Messages for My Husband’s Protection
Messages of Protection prayers for your Husband.
31. When my husband walks unknowingly in the midst of trouble, preserve his life. With your right hand, save him.
32. Oh Lord, I pray that you will stretch out your hand against those who plot ways to make my husband trip and fall. Keep him safe from the wish of the wicked and violent one.
33. Trials do come but do not let my husband be crushed by them. In the midst of despair, do not let him be downtrodden.34. I pray that the activities of caterpillars, locusts and cankerworms will cease in my husband’s life. I pray that his finances will not be tampered with.
35. Let no harm catch up with or overtake my husband. Rescue him at all times.
36. Keep my husband from making wrong choices. Help him to discern between the right and the wrong at all times when making choices in his relationship, career, finances, issues that concern his health and our family.
37. In times of trouble, keep my husband’s faith from failing. Let his soul continually find encourages in you.
38. Keep my husband’s body from illnesses. Shield him from ailments. Let him find strength in you always.
39. Lord, protect and preserve my husband. Do not give him over to the wish of the wicked ones.
40. Sustain my husband, Lord, and keep his heart from fear and worry.
God’s Protection prayers Over My Husband
Pray these God’s Protection Prayers over your Husband for safety.
41. I pray that my husband will never lose hope and faith in you. Help him to always keep his body and soul together.
42. Uphold my husband. Don’t let him ever feel discouraged. Guard his heart from anxiety and evil thoughts.
43. Strengthen my husband, Lord. Keep his heart from fear and dismay at all times.
44. Lord, keep my husband from shame. Don’t let the enemy rejoice over him.
45. Help my husband to always remember your promise: to preserve and keep him from falling.46. Father, preserve my husband so that he will grow so old to see our children’s children even to the fourth generation as you have promised.
47. Dear God, protect my husband from all forms of accidents: road, air, home accidents. Cover every means by which he transports himself from one place to another.
48. Shield my husband’s body from a terminal and non-terminal diseases. Knock them off before they even call at his body.
49. Protect my husband from the fiery darts of the wicked ones. Do not let their gathering over his life stand.
50. I pray that my husband’s trust in you will not die. Help him to know that you are always with him no matter what comes his way.
- Written By Ajiki Christiana.
Prayer for Husband Head to Toe
There is most nothing you can do as important as uniting with God and praying for your husband. We can do many things that can help our spouse. But God can do amazing things for him, beyond our “good” things —no doubt! Your prayer for your husband can bring about many amazing things because God answers prayer.
A number of years ago I was talking with a friend at a Bible study. She told me something she did that changed her whole marriage for the better. God impressed upon her to simply start praying for her husband regularly.
She told me she didn’t know why it hadn’t occurred to her to do this every day before then. But when she started praying so many things changed. It especially changed her attitude towards her husband.
She fell more in love with him and with God.
Eventually, she and her husband began praying together every morning. That really changed their marriage in impactful ways. As she said, they had a pretty good marriage before praying together.
But their relationship went from okay/good to great. So of course, they never stopped praying. And neither have we. Steve and I started the same great “habit” from that day forward.
It’s now a part of our morning to pray together to start the day off right.
I also pray for Steve separately, and he prays for me. But we also pray together each morning. I can’t emphasize how much closer we are to each other and to God, as a result.
Praying for My Husband
God all the more showed me the importance of praying for Steve several years back. I was angry at him for leaving his clothes hangers out after he changed clothes and left for the morning. (I wrote a blog about it in an article titled, Praying Over Hangers.
) God impressed upon me to stop being mad at him. I was to instead be thankful that I have him. (I have a lot of friends who are widowed. They would love to pick up their husband’s hangers.) God told me I was to pray for the man who was now wearing those clothes that those hangers held.
I was to pray for this man who faithfully went to work every morning.
So I did. And it changed my angry heart to one that was thankful to God for giving me Steve. I was also thankful to Steve for being such a hard worker, and a good man.
Yes, he left his hangers out sometimes. But yes, it also gave me reminders to pray for him. I should have been praying more for Steve than I was. He’s not a lazy man. He was just a forgetful one at times.
I sure have my forgetful times too.
Praying with an Outline
Over the years I’ve prayed for Steve with and without prayer aids. I feel when I use an outline, I’m able to better give my husband prayer coverage, as his marriage partner.
Recently, I came up with the following prayer outline ( scripture). I’m passing it to you. You can use it as a launching point, to pray for your own husband, from head to toe. This includes his heart, mind, and body. You can use it verbatim, or adapt it. Or you can use it to start praying in a certain direction —and then praying as the Holy Spirit leads.
Please use it and see what you think (just fill in the blanks with your husband’s name).[NOTE: It is not imperative that you cover every area of his body at one time. What IS important is that you pray for at least one of these areas for him every day. Let the Spirit guide you.]
CONCERNING HIS HEART – LORD I PRAY:
- Please remind _____ to “to be careful” to grow and show his love for you with all his “heart, soul, and might.” Help him to “fear the Lord” and live out your word. (Deuteronomy 6:5 and Deuteronomy 6:2)
- Throughout the day, when he is tempted, please remind my husband to guard and “keep” his “heart with all vigilance.” (Proverbs 4:23)
- Please give my husband “a new heart and a new spirit.” Put your spirit within him wherever hardness of heart is starting to grab hold. Guide him to “walk” in your ways. (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- Where needed, please “create” within _____ a “clean heart” and “renew a right spirit” within him. Cast him “not away” from your presence. “Take not your Holy Spirit away.” Reveal to him that he is close to your heart, so may be inspired to hold you close to his. (Psalm 51:10-11)
- Through our “Wonderful Counselor” —the Holy Spirit, please guide _____ not to “lean” upon his “own understanding” of that, which he cannot make sense of. Help him instead to “acknowledge” and “trust in the Lord” with all his heart, so you can “make straight” his paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Remind _____ that no matter what comes his way, to “let the peace of Christ rule” and to let the “word of Christ dwell” within his heart, teaching him in “all wisdom.” (Colossians 3:15-16)
WITH HIS MIND, I PRAY:
- Please help ______ to “be encouraged …knit together” in your love. Guide him to reach for “understanding” within the treasures of your wisdom and knowledge. (Colossians 2:2-3)
- Help _____ to realize that he MUST “destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- In this world of temptation, please help my husband to “set” his mind “on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” May your priorities, become his priorities. (Colossians 3:2)
- Bring to my husband’s mind those things that you would have him “think about.” May they be things, which are “true …honorable …just …pure …lovely …commendable.” “If there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise” guide him to go there with his thoughts and attitude. (Philippians 4:8)
- Despite all obstacles ______ encounters, convict and guide him not to “be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal” of his mind. Help him so he may discern your will. (Romans 12:2)
WITH HIS EYES, I PRAY:
- Please strengthen, and show ______ the importance of, and how to turn his eyes away from “looking at worthless things.” Direct him to seek “life in your ways.” (Psalm 119:37)
- Open my husband’s “eyes” that he “may behold wondrous things Your law.” Guide him as he follows You and lives according to Your Word. (Psalm 119:18)
- Please help _____ not to “lose heart” despite all the obstacles he encounters. Help him to see trials as “light momentary affliction” in comparison to all you have prepared for your followers. Guide him to focus on “things that are seen, but on the things that are unseen.” (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)
- Lord, remind my husband to “be sober-minded, and watchful” as the enemy of our faith is working overtime to “devour” those who are not on the alert. Give him power to “resist”, being “firm” in his faith even when he sees others fall into temptation. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
CONCERNING HIS EARS, I PRAY:
- May our Holy Spirit help ____ to grow in FAITH. Remind him that knowledge “comes from hearing and hearing through the word of Christ.” Please give him a hunger and a thirst to hear more, and to study Your Word, applying what he learns into his life. (Romans 10:17)
- Please open my husband’s ears to clearly hear your voice. Give him opportunities to open the door of his heart wider so you “will come in” and he will partake and have full fellowship and communion with you. (Revelation 3:20)
- Lord, please work within ____ to “not turn backward” and not to be “rebellious” in the way he lives. Open his ears to hear your promptings —not to turn away from you, or from me, should he be tempted. (Isaiah 50:5)
- Guide my husband to be a “doer of the word” and not a “hearer only.” I ask that you lead him so he follows through and does that, which you show him to do. And may he “be blessed in his doing.” (James 1:22-25)
WITH HIS MOUTH, I PRAY:
- Whenever he talks, please “set a guard” over his mouth. “Keep watch over the door” of my husband’s lips. (Psalm 141:3)
- If ______ feels threatened by those who would do him harm, give him bold confidence. And please give him the opportunity to speak your message to them. (Acts 4:29)
- “Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking” come his mouth. “Instead let there be thanksgiving,” and words of grace spoken to everyone _____ encounters. (Ephesians 5:4)
- Please help _____ to “walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.” Guide him so his speech is “gracious, seasoned with salt,” so he may know how he “ought to answer each person.” (Colossians 4:5-6)
- For _____ I pray that you help him so he “honors Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks for a reason for the hope” that is in him. (1 Peter 3:15)
WITH HIS ARMS, I PRAY:
- Please give _____ the strength he needs, especially when he feels weak. There is no doubt that your “grace is sufficient” and your “power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
WITH HIS HANDS:
- “I desire that in every place” —no matter where, or what is going on at the time that is upsetting my husband, he will first “pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling.” (1 Timothy 2:8)
- I pray that whatever my husband’s “hand finds to do” —whether he’s at home, his job, or elsewhere, as long as it lines up with your will, he will be led to do it with all of his might. Lead him to put in his best effort, gaining your favor. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
- May _____ never let go of you. May he hold onto you continually as you remind him that you “hold” his “right hand.” Let him know you are there for him, (Psalm 73:23) and that I am supporting him in prayer.
CONCERNING MY HUSBAND’S LEGS, I PRAY:
- When the enemy of our faith is after ____ I pray you will make him aware that he has access to “take up the whole armor of God.” This way he “may be able to withstand in the evil day.” “Then, “Having done all” please help him to stand firm in your strength. (Ephesians 6:13)
- Thank you for the “great cloud of witnesses” that surrounds _____. Remind him to “lay aside every weight, and sin, which clings so closely.” Empower him to “run with endurance the race” set before him “looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith.” (Hebrews 12:1)
FOR HIS FEET, I PRAY:
- When my husband feels weighted by cares that are dragging him down, please draw him up from that messy, difficult place. “Set” his feet upon a secure place —with Jesus as his “rock.” With Your empowering he will no longer be shaken or feel insecure. (Psalm 40:2)
- Whatever _____ is facing today, keep his “soul among the living.” Protect him, and do not let his “feet slip.” May he remain steadfast in your protective care! (Psalm 66:9)
- I pray for God’s full armor to surround my husband, including spiritual “shoes” for his feet. This way he is fully prepared, firmly planted in Christ when attacks come his way. Empower him to live in “readiness given by the gospel of peace.” Strengthen him to walk in faithfulness, the path God has for him. (Ephesians 6:15)
Cindy Wright of Marriage Missions International wrote this prayer sheet.
: pray for spouse, prayer for spouse, praying for husband
Prayer for my husband to find a job
My answer to this was always, “Of course!”
I did pray for my husband, but not on a regular basis.
It was usually when he had something going on or asked for prayer.
I was rarely proactive in covering him in prayer.
However the further I got in my walk with God, the more I understood how powerful and important prayer was concerning my husband. After years of trying to change him and trying to be his “Holy Spirit Jr.”, I realized that prayer was the key–not my advice or complaints.
As much as I love praying for my husband, I don’t always remember to do it.
I can get sidetracked with the thousands of other responsibilities life throws at me.
In order to place it in the forefront of my mind, I put it on my calendar. Before you go thinking this is weird and impersonal….he knows I do this and actually appreciates it. I have an alert on my phone that goes off each morning at 7am that says “Pray for Hubby and Kids”.
It has been the best thing I’ve done for my marriage. Seriously, you need to try it
Not only do I put it in my calendar, but I have a few set topics and prayers handy that help guide my prayers.
I don’t want to pray just for the sake of praying, I want to see real change and power made available to him.
When I’m praying, I’m believing!
It’s warfare time and I’m there to defend, protect and claim–not in my power, but in the name of Jesus!Declaring the scriptures over him will actually help him to become the man God’s called him to be.
When you first begin saying these things you may think, I’m saying this but none of it’s true.
Don’t let that stop you!
Your words have power. The more you speak them, the more you will see them come to pass.
Tell other people these things about him. It honors him and he will feel supported and loved by you.
Here are a few of the prayers and declarations that I’m praying for my husband
**As a side note: Just because I pray for him in these areas does not mean he is not doing well in them. I pray over the areas he is proficient in as well. Why? Because I want him to continue to do well in them. There is no area that the enemy won’t try to come in. I want to make sure I’m on the offense, not just the defense!
My husband works with all his heart as unto the Lord. He glorifies God with his talents. ( Colossians 3:23)
The favor of God rests on my husband. God establishes the work of his hands and provides the business he needs. ( Psalm 90:17)
Father, thank you for my husband’s job. Lord, help him to see it as a gift from You. Father, I pray that you continue to bless him in this area. Give him insight into his field. Continue to show him creative ways to make money and expand his presence in his industry.
Lord, help him to see his job as a blessing, even in the times where it’s rough. Guard his heart and mind from discouragement when things don’t go the way he anticipates. Let him work with all his heart to bring You glory. I pray Your favor would cover him and that he would prosper in his work.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband leads me with gentleness and walks in understanding with me. ( 1 Peter 3:7)
My husband is an encouraging father. He leads our children in the way of the Lord. ( Ephesians 6:4)
Lord, protect my husbands time at home. Father, help him to govern our house in wisdom and fear of You. Teach him Your ways, that He may be an example to our children. Give him insight into how to raise our family.Help him to balance his time between work and home life. Help him to understand how to love me better as his wife and help me learn to be respectful. Teach him to be gentle and kind with our family, while teaching us to be submissive.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
The wise will surround my husband and he will become wiser. ( Proverbs 13:20)
My husband speaks what is edifying to those around him. He builds others up and uses his words to glorify God. ( Ephesians 4:29)
My husband is an example to others in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. ( 1 Timothy 4:12)
Father thank you for my husband’s godly relationships. Lord continue to surround him with men that reflect Your heart. Help him to be slow to speak and quick to listen with his friends.
Guard his mouth from speaking anything other than what edifies the hearer and glorifies You. Give him divine connections throughout his day. Let him be a beacon of light to those around him.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband will be in good health and prosper, even as his soul prospers. ( 3 John 1:2)
My husband is disciplined in his eating and exercising habits. He maintains control over all cravings. ( 1 Corinthians 9:27)
Lord I thank you for my husband’s health. Father I pray that you would preserve him. Help him to make good food choices each day. Let him crave those things that are good for him.Protect each cell in his body, that nothing harmful can prosper against him. Give him energy at the end of the day to work out. Show him a plan for working out.
Send others to encourage him and even a buddy to work out with that will keep him accountable. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband grows in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ daily. ( 2 Peter 3:18)
The faith my husband has will move mountains and nothing will be impossible for him! ( Matthew 17:20)
God I thank you that my husband is growing in wisdom, stature and favor with You and man. Continue to expand his knowledge of You, Lord. I thank you for the men you have placed in his life to help him along the way. Lord, continue to increase his faith as he reads Your Word. Preserve his time with you, Lord. Speak to him throughout the day and guide his decisions. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
How do you pray for your husband? Do you have a routine or a specific method for praying for him? I’d love for you to share it! We can help each other grow in our efforts to pray for our spouses. The more we pray, declare and seek God on behalf of our men, the more we will see them grow in the image of God.
Want to keep these scriptures and prayers close? You can print them out for free HERE.
I lift up my husband and his job up to you. I ask that you be with him while he is at work, and bless his efforts. Give him strength, patience, and wisdom in the situations he faces and the tasks he completes. I pray he feels Your nearness and your peace each day.
When he feels stress or is overwhelmed with anxiousness, I pray You calm him and give him peace. When he feels the pressure is too much, let him lean into You and find rest. I know you love him and have good things in mind for him. In spite of the difficulties he faces each day, You are there.
Thank you for the blessing of a job. Thank you for his willingness to serve You and provide for his family. Help us to be good stewards of the many blessings in our lives. Guide my husband in all decisions, and develop his skills as he continues to work hard.When he encounters failure, help him to see your grace. When he makes mistakes, draw him close with your kindness and forgiveness. He has so much to offer and has many talents, but I pray it would all be done for your Glory.
Help us to look for ways to bless others with our time and resources.
I ask that you protect him from harm. Surround him, lift him up, and keep his eyes on you each day. Help him to excel and enjoy the success that comes from hard work, without overdoing things.
Help him to balance his time between work, spending time with his family, and most of all seeking You.
Bless the relationships he forms at his workplace, including co workers, friends, and those he interacts with regularly.
I pray his boss will appreciate his efforts. Help my husband to persevere with joy, knowing that it’s all for You. When he is tired, frustrated, and wants to give up, remind him of Your great love for him. Let my husband recall your promise to never leave him. I pray he feels your presence each day.
In your name I pray,
Nice to “meet” you! I’m Michelle, a wife of twenty-three years, a mother to five, a homeschool mom, and a classical education tutor. I want to use this space to share with you the good, the bad, and the ugly that is my life. Maybe it will encourage you. Maybe it will inspire you. Maybe it will simply amuse you. Whichever it is, I am thankful you are taking time to be here.