Prayer Of Thanksgiving
50 Best Thanksgiving Prayer
Skip to content
A grateful heart causes the one to whom you are grateful to, want to do more.
Meanwhile, there is hardly a force stronger than a heartfelt prayer to God.
This is what a Thanksgiving prayer is. Give thanks to God with these unique prayers and see amazing results in your life.
Best Thanksgiving Prayers
1. Father, I am not ungrateful for the things you have done in my life. I may not know all you have done for you, but that makes me all the more grateful.
2. I know that all I have were given by you, and while I might not have everything I want, I am grateful that I have you, God.
3. My life is a product of your grace. God, I cannot exist without you. I am eternally grateful.4. How can I claim to be a self-made man my lord, when you created me, crafted me, and blessed me.
5. I am indeed blessed to by you lord, to be surrounded by friends who love me. Thank you, Lord.
6. There are no little things with you Because, without you Lord, I can do nothing without you.
7. I am grateful for every seemingly little thing. For the ability to see, hear, talk, taste and feel. And even in the absence of some of this, that I can be alive to experience life is enough to be grateful for.
8. Lord, I am grateful for the family you have given to me. They might not be the most interesting, the richest or the popular, but they are the best choice for me.
9. Lord. I may not be as rich as I want to be, but I thank you for providing for me.
10. Lord, I will thank you, in sickness and in health, in riches and in poverty, in joy and sadness because you make this life worthwhile.
Thank You Prayer to God
11. Lord, I thank you for your mercy. That you have blessed this imperfect man perfectly. Lord, you are too good.
12. I thank you, God. Because you have caused your face to shine over me. I have found favour in your sight, and you have blessed me richly.
13. You are too much God. There is no one you. You have covered me from the evil eye. You have shielded me from evil intentions and you have protected me from evil hands. My praises and thanks are not even enough to show my gratitude.14. Lord, I have been in need, and you provided for me. I have been in debt, and you credited my debtors on my behalf. I am grateful for everything you have done for me.
15. God, I thank you for success, for promotion, for the good health you have given to me.
16. It would be a lie if I said that I have all, or that I was always comfortable, but through the hard times, you were with me. God, a thousand praises and thanks to you.
17. I cannot create air, neither can I count how much air I need to survive. A lot of people are unable to breathe without paying for this free air that you have given me. If this is my only testimony lord, then I will never cease to praise you.
18. Lord, you are my fortress, my refuge, my defence. Thank you, Lord, for protecting me.
19. I will always remember how you picked me up from the grass with your arms of grace. I remember how you brought me the dungeon and put me on the mountaintop. I thank you, Lord.
20. You have increased me, God. You have prospered me. You have blessed me with your blessings. Who is you oh God?
Gratitude Prayer to God
Thank You Prayer to God
21. Lord, I thank you for promoting me. I thank you for I have found favour in your sight.
22. There is none who gives bountifully you. There is none who blesses you. I worship you, God.
23. Lord, you put the wicked to shame, you defend the cause of the oppressed. You have redeemed me from the hands of my enemies, I am eternally grateful.24. You have vindicated me of the accusations of the wicked. You have gladdened my heart with your just hand and righteousness. Thank you, Lord.
25. Lord, you have made my joy complete. You have fulfilled the desires of my heart. I am grateful oh God.
26. I sought you in the time of famine and you blessed me abundantly. Thank you, Lord.
27. You are more than good o lord. You are more than gracious. You are awesome in all your ways. Thank you for your divine provision.
28. In the desert, you were there as an oasis for me. In the place where men stumble and fall, you led me in strength and safety. I am abundantly grateful to you lord.
29. Where there was a casting down, you lifted me up. You blessed me. You embraced me with your unfailing love. There is no god you.
30. You picked me up from the dust, from the mud. You cleaned me up and gave me a future when nobody thought good of me. Thank you, Lord, for your unfailing and unending love.
Prayer of Thanks to God
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving to God
31. Truly, Lord, you have been my comfort. My peace in the midst of the storms of life. There is no one you.
32. Lord, through the roughest of times, you hid me in the palms of your hands, you covered me in the cleft of your rock. You have protected me, and I am thankful for your grace and protection.
33. Lord, I am grateful for the many times you saved me and I had no idea. You do more than my mind can think, so I will praise you with more than words can say.34. You great God are the mighty Redeemer, you have delivered me from the hands of the wicked one. You are the great provider, you have been supplying my needs from day one. you are no mediocre, everything you do is great.
35. God, you have established me in the midst of hardships, in the midst of crises. You prepared a table for me in the den of my enemies. You alone be glorified.
36. Dear lord. I have trusted in men, and I have been failed so many times, but you have never failed. You are a faithful Lord.
37. Hagar, you are my well in the wilderness. You are the source of my wealth. It is all you God, and all honour and glory be returned back to you.
38. Some people trust in money, in horses and chariots, but I’ll trust in you, who has given me the power to make wealth.
39. Your promises never fail lord. You have fulfilled your word in my life. You are an amazing God.
40. There is no god who delivers you, who blesses you, who is you. I worship you, Lord.
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving to God
41. There are no words to express the way I feel about you, God. You have blessed me so marvellously.
42. You have done wonderful things for me oh lord. I have found favour in your sight, and I am grateful.
43. No man can do the things you do. No man can ever take your place Almighty God. You are perfect in the way you take care of me.44. Lord, I am grateful for the people that you have brought my way. For family, friends and acquaintances. For everyone you have used to touch my life, I am grateful.
45. I was hopeless but you made me a blessing. I thank you for all the lives that have been touched by what you are doing in my life.
46. You are bigger than all my problems, you are bigger than all my fears, and you have protected me from them all.
47. who is as magnificent as you oh Lord. Who can claim to do half the things you do. You have blessed me beating my imagination, beyond my wildest dreams.
48. In my days of trouble, you were my help. I’m my day of weakness, you were my strength. Even if the arm of man fails, you mercy has no end. Lord.
49. You have beautified me. You have exalted me beyond the natural. I thank you, Lord God, for all you have done for me.
50. There is nothing that I have done in this life without your help. Awesome is your faithfulness oh Lord.
Thanksgiving Prayers: Thanks For Blessings
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Here you'll find Thanksgiving Prayers for Thanksgiving grace at the dinner table and religious and inspirational Thanksgiving poems for plays, programs, church bulletins.
We thank you for the turkey,
The gravy and the dressing.
Dear Lord, this table overflows
With Thy abundant blessing.
Let us always be aware
That all gifts come from You,
And may we serve Your heavenly will
In everything we do. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
Religious Thanksgiving poetry can rhyme…or not. For this free verse thanksgiving to God poem, you can leave out the line about “challenges” if you want, in this religious thanksgiving verse.
Thankful for Each OtherDear Lord,As we gather together around this tableladen with your plentiful gifts to us,we thank You for always providingwhat we really needand for sometimes granting wishesfor things we don't really need.
Today, let us be especially thankfulfor each other–for family and friendswho enrich our lives in wonderful ways,even when they present us with challenges.Let us join together nowin peaceful, loving fellowshipto celebrate Your love for usand our love for each other.
By Joanna Fuchs
Before using our poems please see our
for permission details.
Thanksgiving Prayers for Kids
When I was a young girl, my relatives had my brother and I say a little two-line Thanksgiving Day prayer aloud at the dinner table.
This Thanksgiving grace went this: “Come Lord Jesus, be our guest, and let this food by thee be blessed.
” So here are some little two-line Christian Thanksgiving prayers that kids could say as a poem or prayer for Thanksgiving, or at other dinners. These short Thanksgiving poems are easy to memorize.
Lord, we thank you this Thanksgiving,For the food we eat and the lives we're living. Amen.Lord, we pray You'll bless this food,As we eat it now in gratitude. Amen.We thank You, God, for the food we eat;We thank you for our lives so sweet. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
More Thanksgiving Prayers for Kids
Here are some additional two-line Thanksgiving prayers for young children:
Thank you, God for this food so yummy;Thank you for a happy tummy!Thank you, Lord, for this special treat;We'll keep Your blessings in mind, as we eat.Thanks for food and thanks for love;Thanks to our Lord in heaven above.By Joanna Fuchs
Here's a Thanksgiving prayer for kids, not too long, not too short.
Thank You For…Thank You for delicious yummiesTo fill our hungry, grateful tummies.For other things we're thinking ofAnd for Your everlasting love,For all the blessings that You bring,Thank you God, for everything.
By Joanna Fuchs
To view ALL our poem pages, see our SITE MAP
Inspirational Thanksgiving poems to be used as Thanksgiving prayers usually include abundant thanks to God for His blessings, as this Thanksgiving blessing poem does.
Thanksgiving prayers can be in the form of Thanksgiving Christian poems. This free verse (non-rhyming) Thanksgiving prayer is a Thanksgiving grace that covers a lot of Thanksgiving blessings. It's Christian Thanksgiving poetry appropriate for a prayer for Thanksgiving dinner. It could also serve as a church Thanksgiving poem.
For All that You Give UsDear Lord,On this Thanksgiving Day,we are thankfulfor all that You give us,for all that You do for us,for all that You teach us.Thank You for guiding usto live our livesin Your will,in Your purpose,in Your plan for us.Thank You for Your protectionfrom worldly influence and danger.Thank You for bringing us gentlyto a deeper knowledge of Youand what You want from us,with Your love, mercy,compassion and grace.And thank you, Lord,for the blessingswe are experiencing right nowat this very moment–the food,and the precious peoplewho are with usto enjoy this mealand this day.Thank You, Lord. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
This religious Thanksgiving poem prayer is a Thanksgiving day prayer that can be used as the traditional Thanksgiving grace before the meal. It's designed as a free Christian Thanksgiving Day poem.
Attitude of GratitudeDear Lord, we come to You todayWith a humble attitude.For all you give, our hearts are fullOf love and gratitude.Thank you for this special timeTo offer our Thanksgiving.Thank you for this food, and forThe blessed lives we're living.In Jesus' name we pray; Amen
By Joanna Fuchs
Curious about the Christian religion? What is Christianity?
What is a Christian? What is Christian faith?
To see the answers and find out how to become a Christian,
check out this Web site.
Thanksgiving prayers can be rhyming or free verse, as this religious Thanksgiving Christian poem is. When you say Thanksgiving grace, this may be appropriate.
We Are ThankfulDear Lord,we are thankful for this day,set aside to honor all the ways You bless uswith Your goodness, love, and grace.We are thankful for the people at this tablewho add a variety of wonderful things to our livesjust by being who they are.
We are thankful for the food we are about to eat,which You created for our nourishment and pleasure.Most of all, Lord, we thank Youfor always being there for us,guiding us, encouraging us,comforting us and blessing us.In Jesus' name we pray; Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
This Thanksgiving prayer describes how we can show God our appreciation for the blessings we have been given.
Countless BlessingsLord, on this special day of thankfulness,we thank You not only for the delicious food,lovingly prepared and presented,but also for special giftsYou've given to this family—loved ones we cherish dearly,a comfortable place to live,the beauty that surrounds us,material pleasures,health, spiritual wealth,and so much more.How can we show our gratitude forthe countless blessings You've provided?We thank You for giving us clear direction,through Your Holy Wordon how to show our appreciation,by obeying Your commandsand by loving and serving our neighbors.Thank You, Lord.
By Joanna Fuchs
This Thanksgiving prayer can be used for Thanksgiving grace at the dinner table. This Christian Thanksgiving verse is short enough for a child to memorize it.
Another Good YearWe thank you, Lord, for food and friendsAnd for all of the joy this holiday lends;It's Thanksgiving Day and we can seeThe blessings you've provided our family.Thanks to you, Lord, for another good year;When you watch over us, there's nothing to fear.
By Karl Fuchs
There are many things that can be included in a Thanksgiving prayer. This one covers some of the most frequently requested blessings.
Cherished RitualLord, as we pause in our busy livesto gather around the Thanksgiving table,sharing the precious bond among family and friends,let us remember that this abundant harvest,this feast of delicious and nourishing dishesis the fulfillment of our faiththat You will always provide for us.
As we go through this cherished ritual,the Thanksgiving holiday ceremony,let us feel the comfort of Your care for usin every bite we eat and enjoy.In this tradition,begun by courageous travelers long agoto thank you for their lives and safety,we thank Youfor the joy and happiness you give us, to lift us up,and also for the sometimes difficult lessons and challengesYou give us to make us stronger, better,and more aware of our need for You.
Thank you for the support and courage You give usto get through troubled times.Thank You for answered prayersand also for the times You said “no,”to keep us from stumbling off Your path for us.We know that in all things,You are working for our good.
Now, as we draw together in unityto savor this wonderful dinner,we are thankful for those who prepared it,for those who join us to enjoy it,and most of all, we thank You, Lord,for the many different kinds of blessingsYou continually grant us.We pray that You'll bless this food,and bless all of us as we gather together.In Jesus' name we pray; Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
More Thanksgiving Poems!
See our all-purpose Thanksgiving Poems page
(with one Thanksgiving Prayer)
to access more of our Thanksgiving poetry.
More Poetry: There are more than 800 original poems at this site.
See our Site Map to access all our poems.
Thank you for visiting our Thanksgiving Prayers page!
Home > Thanksgiving Poems > Thanksgiving Prayers
12 Thanksgiving Prayers for Family, Children & Dinner Times
a printable prayer suitable for personal devotion or for a program or church newsletter:- Here are four great Thanksgiving prayers for before eating:-
O Lord, How full is this world of your unending creativity.
How astounding is creation in all its variety. How breathtaking is new life, growth and transformation. How wonderful is your provision for us your children! This day, we celebrate your great goodness with thankful hearts and joyful lives.Amen.
(a mealtime prayer from www.lords-prayer-words.com)
Thanksgiving Prayer For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
(suitable for a dinner or family time) O Lord, Thank you for all the good gifts you have given us. Thank you for the fine delicate balance of the natural world. Thank you for the amazing variety of fruit seeds and grains. Thank you for the beauty of autumn when the greens turn yellow, gold and crimson. Lord, help us to enjoy this beautiful season, And the wonderful food you have given us.Amen.
read more grace prayers to say before meal times with your family.
Children and Family Prayers
Three prayers for family & children times together:- Thanksgiving Prayer for Children
(a prayer for young children to say) Lord, thank you for the flowers and thank you for the trees Thank you for my special friends and all the fun they bring Thank you for the food I eat and thank you for my drink But most of all I thank you for the way you love me
(a childrens prayer from www.lords-prayer-words.com)
•read more prayers for children to say here
Thanksgiving Prayer for Children (a prayer for parents) Thank you for our children. Bless them with your love and peace, Protect them with your truth and strength, Engage them with your hope and vision. Thank you for our children.Amen.
(a parents prayer from www.lords-prayer-words.com)
Thanksgiving prayer for the family Lord God, I give you all the members of our family. You know them all so well and love them all. I ask that you would cover us with a rainbow of hope. Hope that draws us together to work out our differences. Hope that helps us to celebrate together and care for one another. Hope that rides a banner in our lives and watches over us wherever we go. Hope that overcomes adversity and gathers strength to overcome. Hope that guides us and gives us vision for our future alone and together. Hope filled with love. Hope that fuels faith. Hope that breathes peace. May our family live in you Underneath your promises.Amen.
(a prayer of thanks from www.lords-prayer-words.com)
Almighty and gracious Father, we give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make us, we beseech thee, faithful stewards of thy great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
source: Book of Common Prayer, 1979 version, Protestant Episcopal Church in the USA.
O Lord, that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!
William Shakespeare (King Henry VI, Part II. Act I, scene i)
Father in Heaven, Creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon us and receive our heartfelt gratitude in this time of giving thanks. Thank you for all the graces and blessings. You have betowed upon us, spiritual and temporal: our faith and religious heritage. Our food and shelter, our health, the loves we have for one another, our family and friends. Dear Father, in Your infinite generosity, please grant us continued graces and blessing throughout the coming year. This we ask in the Name of Jesus, Your Son and our Brother. Amen.
(Traditional Catholic Prayer)
A contemporary version of this famous hymn:-
Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home; all is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin. God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied; come to God's own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home. All the world is God's own field, fruit as praise to God we yield; wheat and tares together sown are to joy or sorrow grown; first the blade and then the ear, then the full corn shall appear; Lord of harvest, grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be. For the Lord our God shall come, and shall take the harvest home; from the field shall in that day all offenses purge away, giving angels charge at last in the fire the tares to cast; but the fruitful ears to store in the garner evermore. Even so, Lord, quickly come, bring thy final harvest home; gather thou thy people in, free from sorrow, free from sin, there, forever purified, in thy presence to abide; come, with all thine angels, come, raise the glorious harvest home.
Lyrics by Henry Alford (1810-1871)
Music by George J. Elvey (1816-1893)
A Simple Prayer of Thanks
Thank you. I dwell upon the goodness in my life. Thank you. I cherish in my heart Your gift to me. Thank you. I notice the blessings of life, breath, loving and sharing. I am so very grateful. Thank you, Lord.
(a simple prayer of thanks from www.lords-prayer-words.com)