Prayer of Comfort In A Time Of Loss
A Prayer for When You’re Hurting: 10 Verses of Comfort for Tough Times
- Debbie McDanielCrosswalk.com Contributing Writer
- 2016Jul 08
Some days, life is just hard. The days look dark. Uncertain times and stress mount high. An unexpected diagnosis or devastating loss can feel too difficult to face.
Though we may realize our faith is most strengthened, not in the easy times of life, but in the most trying, it’s often hard to walk that out once we're swirling in the midst of it all.
We long for carefree days, yet sometimes, God takes our hand and leads us straight into the darkest of times. Not to harm us, ever.But to bring greater strength, character, trust, beauty, and perseverance to the deepest part of our souls.
His desire for us in this life is to ultimately make us more Him. To have a relationship with us. He will not leave us sitting in dark days but will walk with us through until we come out on the other side. Changed. Stronger. Renewed. With great purpose.
For those who need fresh hope today…you are not alone.
You are never forgotten.
He is with you.
Every step of the way.
10 Verses for when you feel broken, for those in need of comfort:
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Ps 147:3
“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Ps 34:18
“But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
“I believe I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait on the Lord.” Ps 27:13-14
“Blessed be God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” 2 Cor 1:3-4
“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
“Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.” Ps 55:22
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Cor 12:9
Know that He loves you, He cares about what you're walking through, every single thing. And He hasn't left you, not ever. Praying that you'll have a fresh glimpse of His Presence as He's bringing you through, to the other side of the grief.
There's more in store…He has good for you…and whispers hope.
A Prayer for When You're Hurting
Some days feel too hard. We’re hurting. Struggling. Fighting fear and worry at every turn. Thank you in the midst of it all, you haven’t left us to fend for ourselves. Forgive us for doubting you are there. Forgive us for thinking you’ve forgotten. Forgive us for believing we somehow know the better way.
You are fully trustworthy. You are All-Powerful. You are Able. You are Lord over every situation no matter how difficult it may seem. You are Healer and will never waste the grief we carry today. You will use all things for good in some way. Anything is possible with you. Nothing is too difficult for you.
We pray for those who grieve today. We ask for your comfort to surround those who weep. We pray for the peace of your presence to cover our minds and thoughts, as you remind us, the enemy can never steal us your hands. He never has the final say over our lives. We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death.
We thank you that your ways are higher than our ways and your thoughts are bigger than our thoughts.
We lay it all down at your feet, every burden, every care. Believing that is the safest place for it to be.
We love you, Lord, we need your fresh grace.
In the Powerful Name of Jesus,
What are you praying for God to take control of today? Join our large community of praying believers in the comments below and experience hope, peace and comfort as you face each day.
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor's wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead's page, //www..com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at //.com/debbmcdaniel and //www.debbiemcdaniel.com.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can't find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for Strength
Prayer for Protection
The Prayer of Jabez
The Lord's Prayer
The Prayer of St Francis
A Birthday Prayer
Irish Prayers and Blessings
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
65 Comforting Messages And Powerful Healing Prayers
Life comes with myriad of challenges some of which could be daunting. Prayer is a powerful weapon that can help overcome any challenge. Whether it’s for you, a friend or relation, these powerful prayers for healing and comfort are tools to help overcome sicknesses and difficult situations.
Are you or someone you know sick? Say these prayers today to experience healing.
- Oh Lord my God, you are a good God and your desire is that your children be in good health. I ask that your healing hand locate (insert name) on the sick bed and heal him/her of every ailment. May he/she experience wellness in every part of his/her body in Jesus’ name. Amen
- I pray that the blood of Jesus flow through every part of your body and wash every sickness away in Jesus’ name.
- May the hand of the Almighty rest upon you and give you succour. May He deliver you from every ailment and disease in Jesus’ name.
- I pray the healing power of the Lord work through every part of your body giving you comfort and healing where needed in Jesus’ name.
- No matter the efforts of the enemy, this sickness will not lead to death . The Lord himself will arise and fight your battles. Amen.
- Every manipulation of the devil against your health shall cease today. You shall not die but live to praise the Lord.
- I pray every arrow of sickness fired against you should return to their senders now. I command healing upon your body, soul and spirit in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- May the healing virtue of the Almighty locate you. May you experience peace a river in every part of your body in Jesus’ name.
- I speak healing into your mind and body. May God’s miracle locate your body and leave you in good health in Jesus’ name.
- I speak calm into your mind. I speak peace into your body. I pray every pain disappears. May you enjoy health henceforth never before in Jesus’ name.
- Lord I pray on behalf of your child who is lying sick in the hospital, please visit him and take every sickness away that your name may be exalted. Amen.
- Dear Lord, grant good health to (insert name) that we may testify and glorify your holy name. Amen.
- I pray the Lord grant you quick and sweet relief from all your pains. May He renew your strength and grant you speedy recovery in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- I pray the Lord grant you deliverance over every spirit of sickness. May He heal you of every disease in your body and soul in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord touch every of your organs, your system, your body fluids and grant you perfect healing. May we have cause to testify over you in Jesus’ name.
- I silence every machinations of the devil against you and I command perfect deliverance and healing upon you in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, I thank you because you hear every time I call. I call on you now on behalf of (insert name). I ask that you save him from his torment and heal him of every ailment. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Your word says by your stripes we were healed. I believe your word Lord and that’s why I stand on its authority and command good health upon the life of your child in Jesus’ name.
How to Effectively Manage Stress
- Dear Lord, I pray thee, please send your word and heal (insert name) of every of his/her diseases that your name may be gloried in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord watch over you to keep you safe. May He deliver you from this ailment. Amen.
- May the Lord breathe upon you the breath of life. May you enjoy newness of life in every part of your being in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Your life shall be a living testimony because the Lord will rescue you from every of your afflictions in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord heal you and free you from the torment of the enemy. May you experience divine health all round in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Answer oh Lord my prayer concerning your child. Please heal and make him whole again.
- Father deliver your child from the hands of satan. Heal him and make him whole again.
- I command health into your bones. Receive divine healing in Christ’s name. Amen.
- May the devil be put to shame over your life as your health is restored in Jesus’ name.
- May you enjoy the kind of peace that can only come from God. May every plans of satan concerning your health be put to shame. I declare, you are healed in Jesus’ name.
16 Great Financial Breakthrough Scriptures and Prayers
Prayers for Comfort in Loss
These prayers are suitable to be sent as messages or S.M.S to comfort someone who is bereaved or has experienced a loss.
- May the Lord comfort you and grant you the enablement to bear the loss. It shall be well with you in Jesus’ name.
- Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning, you will experience joy again in Jesus’ name. The hand of the Lord will see you through this difficult time in Jesus’ name.
- The Lord will see you through this period of sorrow. ” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>He will arise for your comfort in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord comfort you in this period of loss and raise help for you from every corner in Jesus’ name.
- Don’t let the devil steal your joy. For everything he has stolen from you, the Lord will give you double in Jesus’ name.
Prayers to See
- The Lord gives, the Lord takes. Blessed be the name of the Lord. May He comfort you and do for for you what no man can do in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord stand by you at this difficult time of your life. May He be your father. May He be your everything.
- Beyond what a man can do for you, the Lord will do. He will carry you in His arms and see you through this difficult time. Amen.
- May the Lord wrap His blanket of comfort around you. May He send help your way always in Jesus’ name.
- You will not know shame in Jesus’ name. Before you call, the Lord will help you and be for you many fathers.
100 Cute I Miss You Messages, Quotes and Ideas For Loved Ones
Prayer of Comfort in Difficult Times
Pray these prayers to experience comfort in hard times. The lord will hear and grant succour. Amen.
- May the Lord be your refuge. May He see you through this difficult period in Jesus’ name.
- The Lord who is our ever present help in time of need will help you. This period when you need Him most, He will not be far from you.
- The Almighty God will deliver you from your present circumstance. He will save you by His grace.
- May the Lord surround you and comfort you on all sides. May He rebuke the devourer over your life and destiny and make your ways prosperous.
- May the God of comfort, who knows and understands what you’re passing through comfort you and help you.
- In pain and sorrow, the Lord is there with you. May He comfort you and stand by you.
- May the Lord deliver you from the difficult situation you’re in right now. May He who know your struggles and see your pain, comfort you.
- May the touch of the Lord smoothen every roughness in your journey. May you find succour in His grace.
- Though you feel so terrible right now, I pray the Lord will help you and make a way for you where there seems to be no way.
- The Lord will lift you up, far above your shame. He will turn your situation around for good in Jesus’ name.
- The Lord will change your name from sorrow to joy. He will change your story from fruitless labour to favour.
- Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him from them all. May the Lord deliver you from all your afflictions in Jesus’ name.
- He has promised never to leave nor forsake us. May He never leave you nor forsake you in Jesus’ name. may you enjoy His presence and see Him working for your good.
Dynamics of Healing
Prayer Messages for Comfort in Marital Trouble
These prayers are for marriages experiencing turbulence. The Lord hears and He answers prayers. Call on Him and He will give comfort.
- I speak the peace of God into your marriage. May your marriage enjoy calmness of God henceforth.
- I pray every storm raging against your marriage be silenced in Jesus’ name. May your home begin to enjoy divine peace. Amen.
- Let every satanic manipulations against your marriage be destroyed in Jesus’ name. I speak the life of Jesus into your home.
- May the Lord heal your home and free you from every form of satanic bondage in Jesus’ name.
- May the power of the Almighty reignite the fire of love in your home. May you enjoy peace a river in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord heal you of broken heart. May He reunite your family in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- May the Lord show up for you and give you all round peace in Jesus’ name.
- May the Lord give you the grace to forgive every wrong done to you. May He heal your hurt and make your home blossom again in Jesus’ Name.
- May the light of the Holy Spirit shine into your home and expose every hidden works of darkness. May your home receive the breath of life in Jesus’ name.
- Whether the devil s it or not, you will smile again. The Lord will arise for your sake. He will calm every storm and increase your joy. Amen.
101 Love Poems And Messages For a Loving Wife
Thank you for visiting. I hope you found what you needed. Please feel free to share. Xoxo.