Prayer For Wisdom To Use My Wealth Wisely
50 Prayer for Wisdom
Skip to content
The bible teaches us that wisdom is more profitable than gold and more precious than jewels. According to Proverbs 3, with wisdom, man can get riches, honour, pleasantness and peace.
Therefore, it is essential for us to continually request for God’s wisdom in other to live a well balanced and successful life.
I pray as you say the prayers below, may you be filled with heavenly wisdom that would make your life right in Jesus’ name.
Awesome Prayer for Wisdom
1. You, Lord, are the giver of all wisdom and an infinite source of sound wisdom. I pray you continually fill me with your wisdom so that I take the right decisions at all times in Jesus’ name.
2. Father, give me the grace to continually fear and revere you so I can have wisdom as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
3. Help me Lord to continually number my days so my heart will blossom with your wisdom in Jesus name.4. Father, I pray you give me the wisdom to be humble at all times so that pride will find no place in me in Jesus’ name.
5. Lord, I pray all my endeavours will always be marked by your wisdom so that I succeed in whatsoever I lay my hands upon in Jesus’ name.
6. I pray that I am blessed with heavenly wisdom, the type that would make man marvel at the awesomeness of God in Jesus’ name.
7. Father, give me the wisdom to always remember you are there through the storms, trials and tribulations so I can trust you completely in Jesus’ name.
8. I receive the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God to stand out amidst my peers and show forth the glory of God in Jesus’ name.
9. Lord Jesus, in your mercy, flood my life with your wisdom so much that I become an extension of your personality and a representation of your majesty in Jesus’ name.
10. I receive the wisdom to live a life of Christ, a life saturated with peace and sanctity in Jesus’ name.
Spiritual Prayer for Wisdom
11. By the wisdom of God, I stand against the devil and all his agents. I nullify his plans and truncate his agendas over me in Jesus’ name.
12. May the wisdom of God order my steps, lead me through life and guide every decision I take in Jesus’ name.
13. As the day breaks and daylight spreads his wings over the skies, so shall the wisdom of God circulate daily around me and my family in Jesus’ name.14. Lord Jesus, give me the grace to trust you fully and rely on your guidance and wisdom even as I live through life in Jesus’ name.
15. God, I desire your divine strength and wisdom to inspire me throughout my existence. May your wisdom never depart from me in Jesus’ name.
16. Thank you, Lord, because I know you will bless me with the wisdom to live a life pleasing and acceptable to you in Jesus’ name.
17. Lord Jesus, bless me with wisdom so I give good counsel to all around me and be a source of blessing to all I come across in Jesus’ name.
18. By the grace of God, I will listen more, learn fast, have a quick and sound understanding and grow in wisdom in Jesus’ name.
19. I will live the wise, live a calm life devoid of violence. I will live peacefully with all men in Jesus’ name.
20. Your wisdom is magnificent and your understanding no one can fathom. I pray you God will bless me with your wisdom and understanding in Jesus’ name.
50 Awesome Inspirational Prayers
Amazing Prayer for Wisdom
21. As a man’s wisdom makes his face shine and the hardness of his face is changed, so Lord will your wisdom make my life beautiful in Jesus’ name.
22. Father, according to your word, give me a mouth and a wisdom which none of my adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict in Jesus’ name.
23. Lord, open the floodgates of Heaven and flood my life with your refreshing and fulfilling wisdom in Jesus name.24. Equip me Lord with wisdom from your throne so I can fulfil my purpose for creation in Jesus’ name.
25. Lord, give me wisdom after the order of Solomon to live an exceptional and exemplary life in Jesus’ name.
26. May my life continue to reflect the personality of Christ so that I can experience the wisdom that comes with knowing him.
27. Lord, give me exceptional wisdom to prevail in times of trials and tribulations in Jesus’ name.
28. Father, I pray you give me the wisdom to rightfully use the knowledge you have granted me in Christ Jesus.
29. Father, give me the wisdom I need to be an ambassador for you and your kingdom in this world in Jesus’ name.
30. Lord, give me the understanding to delight in your wisdom, the ear of the wise to seek for your knowledge and an intelligent heart to acquire your knowledge in Jesus’ name.
Prayer for Divine Wisdom
31. Lord Jesus, give me the wisdom to know your ways, walk in them and successfully lead others through.
32. The spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you is what I pray for Lord, enlighten the eyes of my understanding in Jesus’ name.
33. I receive the wisdom to make good choices and take the right decisions in every area of my life in Jesus’ name.34. Father, give unto me your wisdom so I live an extraordinary life under your guidance and tutelage.
35. Lord, give me the wisdom necessary to guide and comfort those around me appropriately, let me be a spring of refreshing water to all that I meet.
36. I receive the wisdom to prosper in my career and all my life endeavours in Jesus’ name.
37. Father bless me with the wisdom necessary to have a fulfilling marriage and raise children that would be a blessing to this world.
50 Prayer of Encouragement with Bible Verses
38. By the grace of God, I will not make foolish mistakes that would hunt me, I will not fall into unnecessary errors or take bad decisions in Jesus’ name.
39. Lord, in my daily living, give me the wisdom to be outstanding and live above mediocrity in Jesus’ name.
40. Father, I receive wisdom to be a solution provider for my household, my generation and the world at large.
Inspirational Prayer for Wisdom
41. By the wisdom of God, I will victoriously overcome every hurdle, obstacle, setback and pitfalls the world throws at me in Jesus’ name.
42. Lord Jesus, imbue my life with the wisdom to make a success all I set out to do in Jesus’ name.
43. Father, make me wise not in my own conceit, but according to your will so I can know what to do at all times.44. Father, give me wisdom beyond human comprehension, wisdom that supersedes human knowledge in Jesus’ name.
45. Lord, I need a deep, broad and balanced wisdom beyond human capacity in Jesus’ name.
46. Lord, shed your light upon my soul that I might receive the fullness of your wisdom in Jesus’ name.
47. Lord, quicken my inner man to receive expressly, the wisdom from above in Jesus’ name.
48. Lord Jesus, uphold me by your wisdom that I might stand surely and firmly in times of trials and tribulations in Jesus’ name.
49. Lord, I receive wisdom to be a highflyer in all my endeavours, to soar an eagle and attain heights unimaginable by man.
50. Father, uplift me up by your grace, uphold and sustain me by your wisdom in Jesus’ name.
Written By Olofinko Eniola.
Funny Words of Wisdom | Wise phrases and sayings
To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone. Reba McEntire
Funny Wisdom: Topics on This Page
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms
Will and Guy's Favourite, Best and Hilarious Funny Wisdom
- If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.
- If you look your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
- A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
- Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.
- Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
- If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
- Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss.
- If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
- Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you don't have a leg to stand on.
- On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the Escape key.
- For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
- If you dig a hole for someone else, you'll fall into it.
– Hungarian proverb
- If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
- Indecision is the key to flexibility.
- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
- One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
- You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother.
- Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
The Wisdom of An Angel
An angel appears at a meeting of religious leaders and tells their leader that in return for his unselfish and exemplary behaviour, God will reward him with his choice of infinite wealth, wisdom, or beauty.
Without hesitating, the leader selects infinite wisdom.
'Done!' says the angel, and disappears in a cloud of smoke and a bolt of lightning.
Now, all heads turn toward the leader, who sits surrounded by a faint halo of light.
One of the others whispers, 'Say something.'
The leader sighs and says, 'I should have taken the money.'
Get Rich Now
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
A Word to the Wise: Some of Will and Guy's Favourite Words of Wisdom
- Patience is the companion of wisdom – Saint Augustine
- Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow – Aristotle
- To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it – Confucius
- He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave – Andrew Carnegie
- An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind – Shakyamuni Buddha
- The only way to have a friend is to be one – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist – Indira Gandhi
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world – Mahatma Gandhi
- A bowl belongs to whoever needs it – A Native American saying
- Without memory, there is no healing; without forgiveness, there is no future – Desmond Tutu
- Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something – Plato
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder – Anon
- See more motivational thought of the day quotes.
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires – William A. Ward
Have Your Judicious Words Ready
I doubt there's any marriage where the partners don't quarrel once in a while.
When Roger's daughter was a teenager, she greeted him one morning with, 'I understand you and Mum had some words last night.'
Roger replied, 'Well, I had some all ready, but never got a chance to use them.'
The Funny Wisdoms of Life: Some Are Witty and Some Are Even True
- The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
But not in that order – Brian Pickrell
- Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it – Author unknown
- He has a face a Saint – A Saint Bernard – Unknown
- I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer – Douglas Adams
- The empty vessel makes the greatest sound – William Shakespeare
- Silence and smile are two powerful words. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems – Anon
- Knowledge talks, wisdom listens
- There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full – Henry Kissinger
- He could start a row in an empty house – Sir Alex Ferguson on footballer Dennis Wise
- I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure – Clarence Darrow
- He has all the virtues I dis, and none of the vices I admire – Winston Churchill
- I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure – W.C. Fields
- In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back – Charlie Brown
- To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone – Reba McEntire
- Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway – Anon
- Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes called Experience leads us to success
- A wise man listens to advice – Proverbs 12:15
- See more funny wise sayings and quotes
To do is to be – DescartesTo be is to do – Voltaire
Do be do be do – Frank Sinatra
A Story Written by a Wise Man
A story for people of all religions and, indeed, none.
One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints on the sand: one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene had flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints and he noticed only one set.
He also noticed that this happened during the lowest and saddest times of his life. This bothered him and he questioned the Lord.
'Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk all the way with me, but I noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you deserted me.'
The Lord replied, 'My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, those were the times when I carried you in my arms.'
Sticking Together: Another Story by an Astute Man
A flock of wild geese had settled to rest on a pond. One of the flock had been captured by a gardener, who had clipped its wings before releasing it. When the geese started to resume their flight, this one tried frantically, but vainly, to lift itself into the air. The others, observing his struggles, flew about in obvious efforts to encourage him; but it was no use.
Thereupon, the entire flock settled back on the pond and waited, even though the urge to go on was strong within them. For several days they waited until the damaged feathers had grown sufficiently to permit the goose to fly.
Meanwhile, the unethical gardener, having been converted by the ethical geese, gladly watched them as they finally rose together and all resumed their long flight.
Story by Albert Schweitzer
Amusing Childhood Perception
Young Mia, only four years old, returned home from Wicor Nursery School complaining, 'Mummy, I've got a stomach ache.'
'That's because your stomach is empty,' Sarah, her mother replied kindly. 'You'll feel better when you have something in it.'
She made Mia a small snack and sure enough, Mia felt better immediately.
Later that afternoon Mia's class tutor dropped by to see Sarah. While she was chatting with Mia's mum, she mentioned she'd had a bad headache all day long.
Mia perked up straightaway and announced to her teacher, 'That's because it's empty. You'd feel better if you had something in it!'
- Lead me not into temptation (I can find the way myself).
- Never return to a doctor whose office plants have died.
- When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers. (Oscar Wilde)
- I stayed up all night playing Texas Hold'em with a deck of tarot cards. I got a royal flush and five people died.
- It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
- See more Witticisms
The Shrewd Farmer's Donkey
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out a way to get him out.
Finally he decided it was probably impossible and the animal was old and the well was dry anyway, so it just wasn't worth it to try and retrieve the donkey.
So the farmer asked his neighbours to come over and help him cover up the well. They all grabbed shovels and began to shovel dirt into the well.At first, when the donkey realized what was happening he cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down and let out some happy brays. A few shovel loads later, the farmer looked down the well to see what was happening and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was shaking it off and taking a step up.
As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he continued to shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, to everyone's amazement, the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off.
Will and Guy consider that the moral of this tale is: Life is going to shovel dirt on you. The trick to getting the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Through applying wisdom every adversity can be turned into a stepping stone. The way to get the deepest well is by never giving up but by shaking yourself off and taking a step up.
What happens to you isn't nearly as important as how you react to it.
More Funny Words of Wisdom
- The early worm gets eaten!
- To cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
- There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it. Mary Wilson Little
- Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
- See more Words of Wise Wisdom
Amusing Word Play
- Time flies an arrow; fruit flies a banana.
- Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
- With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.
- When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.
- 'Underground' is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters 'und.'
- See more Funny Words
Thoughts to Ponder
Here are an international collection of laws which have never been repealed, and thus are probably still in force. Our favourite is: 'Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London'. Will has applied for the post of Constable of the Tower, just so that he can ensure this perk continues.
- Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned in Britain.
- In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- In Germany it is illegal to wear a mask.
- In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.
- In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk. In Alaska it's illegal to get as drunk as a fish – you cannot win them all.
- See more amusing thoughts to ponder
Funny Perks for the Over 60
- Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
- Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
- I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
- Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, they called it golf.
- The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. Friedrich Nietzsche
- See more amusing insights of the Over 60s
Please send us your funny words of wisdom or amusing phrases and sayings.
How to Manage Your Money with Godly Wisdom – Counting My Blessings
My dad s to tell the story of how he almost tried to talk me taking my first teaching position because the salary was so small.
I had just graduated from college and received a call to teach at a small Christian school in St. Louis, where Rev would be attending seminary. I wanted to teach and I needed a job.
Truthfully, I didn’t feel I had many options.
So, I accepted that low-paying position … just glad to have a job doing something I loved.
When Rev and I looked ahead at our lives together, we knew we’d chosen careers in ministry . . . we weren’t expecting to get rich.
Because our income was so small we knew we had to budget very carefully.
We didn’t have credit cards; so, we couldn’t spend what we didn’t have which in retrospect was a blessing.
We not only managed … we were happy.
Then we had an early financial lesson…
Part of Rev’s Seminary training included something called Field Work at a local congregation and one of his assignments was to make evangelism calls with one of the members of our church.
Harry was a wise, kind man whom Rev and I both loved and respected.
While they were out making calls, Harry asked, “Do you and Debbie tithe?”
Tithe? We had no money. We were barely making ends meet.
Rev replied, “We give, but not a tithe. We plan to as soon as we can.”
Harry said something we will never forget, “No you won’t. You’ll never tithe if you wait for the right income. Tithing is not a money issue it’s a faith issue.”
Rev’s initial reaction was to feel defensive, although he didn’t say anything. But Harry’s words had planted an important seed that inspired a very important and much needed discussion as soon as he got home.
We started tithing that weekend.
Sure we had to rework our budget a bit, but it was so worth it. It was a faith commitment that we praise God for helping us make.Money is a huge issue for everyone. Whether you have a little or you have a lot … as individuals and especially as couples, money is a big deal and God knew it would be.
Thankfully, He didn’t leave us to figure it out on our own, He gave us lots wise direction.
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:10
1. Remember everything belongs to God.
You and I are simply stewards for a time.
The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to Him. Psalm 24:1
2. Pray. Ask God for wisdom to manage your money well.
Part of recognizing that it’s all God’s is asking Him for direction to be a good steward of His blessings.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
3. Make a budget and stick to it.
If you’re in debt, work to get it. Don’t spend what you don’t have.
The rich rules over the poor. The man who uses something that belongs to someone else is ruled by the one who let him use it. Proverbs 22:7
4. Know where you spend your money.
Take a few months to a year to document every penny spent so you will know where you can make changes in an emergency. Rev and I did this one for several years and although I’ll admit I wasn’t a fan, it helped us know what we could eliminate when we needed to rein in our spending.
A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart. ~Jonathan Swift
5. Take care of what you have.
New always seems attractive and exciting but part of being a good steward is simply caring for the blessings you already have.
Learn all you can about your sheep. Take care of your goats the best you can. Neither wealth nor nations last forever. Proverbs 27:23–24
6. Don’t compare what you have with your friends and neighbors.
You and I will always want bigger and better if we’re comparing and envious of what the people around us enjoy.
“When the Lord makes it clear you’re to follow Him in this new direction, focus fully on Him and refuse to be distracted by comparisons with others.” ~Charles R. Swindoll
7. Don’t shop for recreation and entertainment.
Many unnecessary purchases happen while you and I are out just “looking.”
“Living with intention means saying no to the things that aren’t important to us so we can say yes to what matters most.” ~Crystal Paine
8. Start a savings plan.
Even a small one will help you prepare for future needs or emergencies. Rev and I put 10% into our savings when we started giving 10% back to God.
“Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.” ~Dave Ramsey
It will bless you in every way. Our faith commitment to give 10% years ago came with a hope that someday we’d be able to give even more than a tithe. By God’s grace, there have been many years when He has made that possible.
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops. Proverbs 3:9
10. Praise God!
If you are reading this. If you live in a house with clean running water, windows, heat, food and a way to prepare it . . . you’re rich! You are blessed! So many people around the world live without things you and I take for granted. Thank and praise God and be generous with those in need.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18
The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money. –Anonymous
The best part of managing your money with Godly wisdom is that it comes with His peace and contentment. No amount of money or luxurious possession is worth that sacrifice.
Leave your prayer requests…
and stop to pray one or two of the requests listed.
I LOVE hearing from you! Please take a minute to say ‘hi’ and share your thoughts in the comments below.
And if this article blessed or helped you today — would you share it with someone? Maybe a friend, family member, coworker, or through the links below…
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
100 Wise Sayings, Wisdom Sayings and Life Quotes
Here, we bring you wise sayings from Chartcons, an extensive collection of inspirational, motivational and funny quotations by famous authors, celebrities and scholars
Wisdom is profitable to the wise and in all you get, you must try and get wisdom. In life, we are faced with different choices to make at different times, sometimes it is confusing to determine which choice to make, but a man of wisdom always makes good choices and seldom makes mistakes. Here are some good wise sayings for you.
A Collection of Old and New Wise Sayings
1. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln
2. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” John C. Maxwell
3. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard4. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” Wayne Dyer
5. Adolescence: When youth assumes the responsibility for answering the phone.
6. Adult education often begins with a teenage marriage.
7. Alimony is sometimes known as bounty on the mutiny.
8. Alimony is the high cost of leaving.
9. All children, even those who don’t deserve it, need love.
10. All people are equal but it’s what they’re equal to that counts.10.
11. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
12. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius
14. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” Dalai Lama
15. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” Stephen Covey
16. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Lou Holtz
17. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” William James
18. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” Scott Hamilton
19. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them–that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they .” Lao Tzu21. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy
22. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” Albert Einstein
23. “When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.” Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” Voltaire
25. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
26. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” Maya Angelou
28. “Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life.” John F. Kennedy
See Also: Common Sayings Everyone Should Know
29. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” Vince Lombardi30. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.” Brian Tracy
31. “Today is life–the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” Dale Carnegie
32. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” Tony Robbins
33. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
34. “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson Mandela
35. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
36. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
37. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey38. “Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.” C. S. Lewis
39. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” Henry Ford
40. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas A. Edison
41. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” Amelia Earhart
42. A person with a green thumb seldom paints a town red.
43. A gossip is one who keeps a swivel tongue in her head.
44. A kiss is a contraction of the mouth due to an enlargement of the heart.
45. A lawyer is one who is summoned when a felon needs a friend.
46. A lot of happiness is overlooked because it doesn’t cost anything.
47. One person cannot hold another person down without stooping.
48. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.” Paulo Coelho
50. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” Thomas Jefferson
More Inspiring Wise Sayings
51. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
52. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” Les Brown
53. “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” Helen Keller
54. “The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.” Aristotle
56. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get it alive.” Elbert Hubbard57. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” Billy Graham
58. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” Rosa Parks
59. A fool empties his head every time he opens his mouth.
60. A friend is one who knows all about you and loves you just the same.
61. A friend who is not in need could be a friend indeed.
62. A girl who is free for the evening could be very expensive.
63. All the world loves a lover–unless waiting for the phone he’s using.
64. All too often a clear conscience is merely the result of a bad memory.
See Also: Family Saying – Things To Say About Family
65. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose–somehow we win out.” Ronald Reagan
66. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” Vivian Komori
67. A diplomat is one who can bring home the bacon without spilling the beans.
68. A dog has many friends because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
69. A dogmatic person always has concrete opinions thoroughly mixed and permanently set.
70. A false friend and a shadow attend only when the sun shines.
71. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
72. A first grade teacher is one who knows how to make little things count.
73. A folk singer is a person who gets rich singing about how wonderful it is to be poor.
74. All too often you read the directions only to find out what you did wrong.
75. Almost invariably a successful man appears simple but is very wise.
76. A good example of give and take is to take pains to give happiness.
77. A good father, finding his son on the wrong track, will provide switching facilities.
78. A good idea that is shared with others will live forever.
79. A good listener is not only popular, but he learns while he listens.
80. A good reputation is precious, but a good character is priceless.
81. A good salesman is one who convinces his wife she looks fat in a fur coat.
82. A gossip is one who has a sense of rumor.
83. A mere suggestion, when made by the boss, often assumes the importance of a command.
84. A mysterious envelope will be mailed to you with a little window in it. Pay it.
85. A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.
86. A person who shows promise has learned how to keep them.
87. A person is not rewarded for having brains, but only for using them.
88. You soon learn how little you know when a child begins to ask questions.
89. A man too often shows his worst side to his better half.
90. A person who cannot lead and will not follow invariable obstructs.91. If you are contented with what you have done, you will never reach your potential.
92. If you are in love with yourself, you will never have many rivals.
93. A person who is wrong but won’t admit it often gets angry.
94. Your character is measured by what you would do if you knew you wouldn’t be found out.
95. A philosopher is a man who knows exactly what to do until it happens to him.
96. A practical nurse is one who marries a wealthy patient.
97. A rabbit’s foot is a poor substitute for horse sense.
98. A raving beauty is a girl who finished second in a beauty contest.
99. A shady business never results in a sunny life.
100. A sick man who takes a turn for the nurse is getting better.
Other Interesting Sayings For You
100 Famous Sayings – Popular Sayings
50 Things To Say When Someone Dies
150 Funny Quotes and Sayings
100 Get Well Sayings, Quotes and Greetings
100 Happy Sayings for Joyous Moments
Essay on Wisdom: Top 4 Essays on Wisdom
Wisdom is one of the highest forms of human characteristics. Through wisdom, virtues can be brought to life.
The beauty of wisdom is that it is not dependent on the theories that are written in books, or the curriculum in the schools and colleges. It is not something that can be transferred just by talking about it. Wisdom is how life shapes us.
It is about the impacts that we have upon our soul while going through all sorts of pleasant and unpleasant experiences of life.
Various Versions But One
Many philosophers, religious institutions, and educationalists have defined wisdom in their own definite ways. Some try to relate it to the right way of living, some say that wisdom is acknowledging and being answerable to God for all the deeds. It has also been known to associate with decision-making between right and wrong, habits speaking truth, following the moral values.
Intelligence is Not Always Wisdom
Although, on a more spiritual note, or a generic note, as we may say, wisdom is not confined to some rules or paths. A collection of experiences and virtues shape our wisdom. One may have a wide range and depth of knowledge but that doesn’t necessarily make her/him wise.
There are so many beautiful illustrations reflecting light on the uniqueness and significance of wisdom. It is very simple and possible for almost anybody to learn to fire a gun. But not everybody is capable of making the right decision about when to and when not to fire the gun. This decision-making requires wisdom.
The Importance of Wisdom
But why so much fuss about wisdom? How does it make our life different or change it? Well, wisdom takes us above the loop of feelings, emotions, and the whirlpools of envy, restlessness, and anger.
It brings peace to the heart and to the mind as well.
It is only through wisdom, that one may realize that forgiving others bad deeds, ignoring their faults, and being kind and accepting to all is the highest and truest virtues of all human beings.
Wisdom is the germination of the seeds of empathy, compassion, and kindness. It is the eruption of unconditional love toward every soul, whether human beings, animals, or trees. Wisdom gives us the ability to see the beauty and real power of nature. In true words, this is the real way of being close to God.
It is only through wisdom that one understands and realizes that religions, rules of worshipping, and confining God to being a particular person or version are nothing but just a human way of interpretation of the power of nature.To a wise person, they look mere concepts to him and he/she is able to go beyond these things. The definition of God, the right path, the understanding of the whole universe changes to him. Wisdom gets us the chains of the societal norms and allows us to look past them.
It shows us the real purpose of life and gifts us with the power to attain and live with that true purpose.
Essay on Relationship Between Wisdom and Knowledge
Many of us may get confused when asked about the difference or relationship between wisdom and knowledge. On the surface level, both look similar, if not the same. But the thing is, wisdom is more abstract in nature and knowledge is somewhat technical.
Knowledge comes from reading, exploring, learning, and educating oneself. In order to increase the knowledge, one can turn toward reading more books or learning and specializing in a skill. In other words, it is measurable up to a certain extent.
Wisdom is what life and its experiences teach us. Being wise is not the same as being intelligent. It is about much more than just the skills and mastery of a subject.
In fact, wisdom is about human virtues, that makes us different from other animal species.
These virtues are developing empathy, having compassion and kindness, becoming more self-aware of our thoughts, emotions, and feelings.
Wisdom and Knowledge
The difference between the two is very subtle. However, if put into simpler words, it is not that difficult to understand either.
One can gain knowledge and know what is right and wrong, what is healthy and what is unhealthy, how to perform a task, how to drive, how to cook. All these things can be learned and specialized in.But, the ability to decide what is right and what is wrong, the capacity to choose the right and skip the wrong, comes from wisdom.
In another way, the ability to use the learned knowledge in the best and most ethical way is called wisdom. Knowing how to use the knowledge is wisdom. Knowledge can be given but wisdom cannot. Knowledge can be learned but wisdom can only be attained.
An example would be the best way to understand the concepts deeply. So, for instance, all kinds of thoughts, whether positive or negative, healthy or toxic, happy or sad come to our mind. We feel them and know that these feelings are a very natural part of human beings. This is knowledge.
But understanding, observing, and staying aware and detached of these thoughts requires wisdom. Wisdom takes us to a much higher level and answers the riddle of why we are feeling in a particular way and whether we should act on those feelings or not. That judgment call depends on our wisdom.
There have been many philosophical, religious, and educational versions and definitions of wisdom and knowledge. Nonetheless, all lead to the same conclusion.
Everybody knows and has been taught about the right way of living but not all can do it really. That is where a fine demarcation comes between knowledge and wisdom.
To be able to apply the knowledge, to be able to think, and acknowledge why things are the way they are, makes us wise.
Thus, it is only through wisdom that we begin to behave beyond the petty attributes self-obsession, jealousy, anger and instead, learn to grow as a human being filled with compassion, empathy, acceptance, and love for all.
Essay on Wisdom is Power
The human race has wondered and marveled for a long time for its distinguished ability to behave and think differently than other animal species. We have highly evolved emotional, mental, and social etiquette.
But is that the end of the list? Of course not. There is something very peculiar about us which makes us stand out as a species, which transforms us from Homo Sapiens into human beings. And that is called wisdom.
There is a reason why people do not find peace in spite of being surrounded by all kinds of materialistic pleasures. There is also a reason why many people living a highly comfortable and rich life, leave it just that and set out to explore something that is still unknown to them.In India, such ways of life are not new to us. We have always been surrounded bys saints and celibates. The culture in India has long been enriching.
It has always focused less on physical pleasures and more on the seeking nature within us.
After a certain point, we all begin to realize that the worldly amusements can only satisfy us on a superficial level but cannot quench our soul. For our spiritual growth, something deeper is needed.
What is not Wisdom
All around us, we see the world burning with feelings of competition, unsparing greed, unforgiveness, jealousy, anger, and what not. And this is not the story of those who lack basic amenities to a dignified life. This is the case of people who have everything in abundance but peace and gratitude.
Wisdom takes us from this path of uncertainty and shallowness and brightens up with the light of truth. And that same truth would liberate us. This is the power of wisdom.
Wisdom is not restricted to listening to some discourses or following the religious rites and rituals.
It is about realizing the darkness of greed, that the constant need for competing with each other is nothing but just a bottomless pit. A whirlpool of desires.
Wisdom is Empowering
Through our experiences comes a realization that the peace of our mind is in our hands. This is the most empowering thing that can happen to us and no book can teach this to us.It is reaching and activating the seeds and portals of consciousness which were dormant within us till now. The whole phenomenon enriches us at a much deeper level and calms down the inside chaos.
After which, we start to see the beauty in everything and learn to accept life the way it is. Our heart is filled with forgiveness and compassion.
Wisdom frees us from the chains of a limited mind so that we do not remain the slaves of our own desires. Books can teach us what is just and what is unjust. But the power of standing and walking down that just path is provided by our wisdom. This spiritual and emotional advancement is irreplaceable and can only become possible through wisdom.
Essay on True Wisdom Come from Experience
They say that life changes you and shapes you nothing else can. That there is a great difference between knowing something and living it. Well, it is quite true in the case of wisdom. True wisdom comes only from experience.
What the Life Phases Teach Us
Let us recall how we felt when we were just a kid. Life looked so uncomplicated and manageable at that time. Then, came teenage. Our own definition of life was metamorphosed a bit. We realized that after all, life is not that simple. It is not confined to having your favorite meals and dresses.
When we crossed teenage and entered into adulthood, even the young age years looked dreamy and we again felt that life is more than just having a relationship. It is more about making yourself independent, taking care of ourselves and our loved ones. Being responsible and accountable for our decisions and choices topped the list of our way of living.
How Experience Shapes Us
We all travel different paths of life. The ups and downs of our lives are unique. It is interesting to observe that same event or experience can be perceived in a completely non-identical way by two different persons.
The impacts and effects of a trauma, a joy, or any other major change of events may not be the same for both of them.
This is the reason, even after going through the same phases and stages of living in this world, we may end up having dissimilar perceptions of life.
Wisdom is Independent
There is no specific set of rules to becoming wise. What’s more intriguing is that having the same age, gender, or ethnicity does not make two people wise in the same way. Wisdom is independent of these factors. A person may attain wisdom at the age of 20, that doesn’t in any way mean that another person of age 40 would be double wise.
True WisdomTruth is, true wisdom can only be attained through experiencing life and that means having experienced it in its fullest form.
Understanding that life is not always about being happy, satisfaction, or running for temptations. In fact, sorrow, pain, tragedy, self-restraint are a part of it.
True wisdom teaches us that if life has to be embraced, then, the only way to do that is through acceptance, self-observation, and with full consciousness.
With practice, wisdom takes us above the basic instincts. It doesn’t let us be reduced to mere puppets in the hands of our instant gratification. Wisdom gives our mind the power to differentiate between justified and unjustified and act accordingly.
Experiencing the bright and dark, both faces of life, are we filled with love, kindness, compassion, and non-judgment toward others and also ourselves. And there is no shortcut to that. Every event in the life has a purpose. It is trying to teach us something.
Opening our mind and soul to it fully is what wisdom teaches us.