Prayer For Those That Are Seeking Godly Wisdom
Five Amazing Truths About the Wisdom of God
As a Christian, you have a mighty resource at your disposal—the wisdom of God. Not only can the wisdom of God help you make good decisions in your life, but God’s Word promises that it brings joy, long life, riches and honor. Just look at what King Solomon wrote about wisdom in Proverbs 3:
Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.
She offers you long life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left. She will guide you down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying. Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly.
Moreover, Solomon goes on to tell us that we should make getting godly wisdom the principal thing (Proverbs 4:7, NKJV). What’s that mean? It means we should make seeking wisdom from the Word of God “first in importance.
” If you are struggling with a situation and you seem to be going around and around in circles, not getting anywhere…you need godly wisdom. If you are sick in your physical body, and you can’t seem to get well…you need godly wisdom. If your finances are control…you need godly wisdom.
No matter what your problem, the wisdom of God, found in His Word, is the place to start.
Below are five amazing truths about the wisdom of God that will help you every day of your life. Study them, meditate and then begin applying them, and you will get wisdom for whatever you’re facing today.
Truth No. 1: God’s Wisdom Is Available to Every Believer
“For God does not show favoritism.” –Romans 2:11
Every believer has the right to access the blessings of God. He does not give wisdom to some and not to others. He doesn’t withhold any good things from His people. If you desire the wisdom of God regarding any situation or simply as a consistent part of your life (and this is best!), then you can have it.
It doesn’t require that you be a Christian for a certain number of years. It isn’t necessary that you get straight A’s on some celestial report card. You don’t have to attend church every time the doors are open or go through some lengthy prayer process.
The lack of any of these doesn’t preclude you from receiving God’s wisdom.
Truth No. 2: You Simply Need to Ask for the Wisdom of God
“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.” –James 1:5
As a child, did you ever hear the words “you should know better”? Thankfully, that is not the response you will ever hear from God when you ask for wisdom.
If you are facing a decision or are questioning how to handle a situation, God will not respond with an eye roll and shake of His head.
He will not be disappointed in you for asking or angry that you can’t figure things out on your own. No, His Word promises that if you ask for wisdom, He’ll give it to you.
However, He does have on prerequisite when you ask. Verses 6-7 say:But when you ask him [for wisdom], be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
What does this mean? It means that when you ask God for wisdom, believe that He is going to give it to you. Take the wisdom of God as soon as you ask for it, and declare that you do not doubt it. Thank the Lord that you receive it, and you have it!
Truth No. 3: God’s Word Is Full of His Wisdom
“For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
God has already given a lot of wisdom in His Word. Throughout the Bible, you can learn many lessons, such as: how to face adversity with faith, how to handle difficult people, and how to manage your finances, just to name a few. You can learn by reading about others’ interactions with God (i.e.
the Israelites, apostles and early Church members) and how He worked in their lives. So, dig into the Word. Study about Jesus’ ministry. Study about Paul’s journeys. Study about Moses’ leadership. Study Solomon’s wisdom.
God’s Word is full of the insights and advice you can directly apply to your life and the situations you face every day.
When you sit down to study the Word of God, praise the Lord for His wisdom, and thank Him that He gives it to you. Ask Him to grant you wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Ask Him to show you how what you’re reading applies to your life, and how you can put it into action.
Truth No. 4: The Wisdom of God and the World’s Wisdom Are NOT the Same
“Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” –Proverbs 1:7
If you have been following the Lord for longer than two minutes, you know that the world’s ways do not reflect God’s ways. The world will tell you to look out for yourself at the expense of others.
The world will tell you that immediate happiness is the most important goal for your life. The world will tell you to do whatever makes you happy. The world will tell you there is no absolute truth.
However, God’s wisdom surpasses all of the world’s wisdom.
The truth is that acknowledging and honoring the Lord with your life is the foundation and the start of true wisdom. The world chooses not to fear the Lord, so its wisdom is limited to man’s thinking. This is how the Lord puts it:
“My thoughts are nothing your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9As a child of God, He wants you to understand His ways and thoughts, so you can apply His wisdom to your life. But to the people in the world who reject Him, His wisdom is much higher than theirs.
So, if you are seeking God’s wisdom, recognize that you may have to relinquish what is commonly accepted by everyone else.
Family, friends and co-workers may look at you sideways, but trust that God’s way is best.
Truth No. 5: The Enemy Will Try to Distract You From the Wisdom of God
“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” –1 Peter 5:8
The enemy will do his best to confuse you about following God’s wisdom by reminding you of past mistakes or competing options. Therefore, it’s necessary to get quiet before the Lord by spending time in Bible study and prayer.
When the enemy comes at you with condemnation for past mistakes or confusion because the Lord is leading you in an unconventional direction, use the Word to combat him.
It’s also wise to speak with trusted, mature believers, possibly a pastor at your church, small group leader or a spiritual mentor.
Wisdom is the principal thing, and these five truths about it will help you navigate from the small to the big issues of everyday life. Remember, if you seek the wisdom of God—if you want to have it—then you can count on receiving it. God won’t withhold it from you.
You simply need to ask Him for it. Then spend time in His Word, in prayer and listening to His Holy Spirit, understanding that His way may look different from the world’s. Then refuse to let the enemy distract or confuse you.
The wisdom you need—God’s wisdom—is available to help you live successfully no matter what you face.
© 1997 – 2019 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
#2.2 ASK GOD FOR WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING, IN JESUS NAME, IN FAITH
Go to Introduction
This bible study uses a Greek Unicode font, and the Hebrew Unicode font “David” which comes with later versions of Windows.
How to Study the Word of God Index || Search this website || Bible Studies Index
This bible study gives scriptures to show that we should ask God for wisdom and understanding in faith, in order to get them.
MATTHEW 7:7-8 (Jesus)
7 Ask1, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.
8 For every one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks it shall be opened.
JOHN 14:13-14 (Jesus)
13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.
EPHESIANS 1:17 (Paul)
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.JAMES 1:5-7
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask2 of God who gives to all men liberally, and does not reproach; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask2 in faith, nothing doubting: For he who doubts is a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For do not let that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord.
Note: The word translated ask1 (Gr. αἰτεῖτε, Gtr. aiteite) (Matthew 7:7) is the second person, plural, present, imperative, active, of the verb “aiteō”, “I ask”.
In Greek, the present imperative often indicates a command to continue doing something, or to do it repeatedly, and in this case it literally means “keep on asking”. The word translated let him ask2 (Gr. αἰτείτω, Gtr.
aiteitō) (James 1:5; 1:6) is the third person singular, present imperative active, of the same verb “aiteō”, “I ask”. Again, the present imperative is a command to continue to do something, or to do it repeatedly, and here it literally means “let him keep on asking”. Godly wisdom is something that comes to us gradually (See #2.
3 Note 2), and if we continue to ask in faith, nothing doubting (Matthew 21:22; James 1:6), using the name of Jesus (John 14:13-14; 16:23), then as we submit ourselves to study God's word, and seek for it, God will manifest it to us.
#2.3 SEEK GOD FOR WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING
1 CHRONICLES 28:8 (David)
8 Now therefore, in the sight of all Israel the congregation of the LORD, and in the audience of our God, keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your God: that you may possess this good land, and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you for ever.
10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.
45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek your precepts.
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry after knowledge, and lift up your voice for understanding;
4 If you seek for her as silver, and search for her as for hid treasures;5 Then shall you understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom: his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.
7 He lays up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to those who walk uprightly.
8 He keeps the paths of judgment, and preserves the way of his saints.
MATTHEW 7:7-8 (Jesus)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.
8 For every one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks it shall be opened.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he who comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
Note 1: If we require wisdom or understanding from God, then apart from having a gift of the word of wisdom (1 Corinthians 12:8), we need to ask for it in faith (See #2.2). In order to receive it we need to prepare our hearts (See #2.1), and seek for it.
Wisdom comes from hearing, seeing, and meditating on God's word (Psalms 19:7; 119:98; 119:130; Proverbs 1:1-6; 4:10-11; 5:1-2; 8:33; 9:9-10; 13:1; 19:20; 23:19), from obedience to God's word (Job 28:28; Psalm 111:10; Proverbs 1:23; 14:16; Ecclesiastes 2:26; Mark 4:24), from fearing God (Job 28:28; Psalm 111:10; Proverbs 1:7; 8:13-14), through chastisement (Proverbs 21:11; 29:15), by keeping wise company (Proverbs 13:20), from observing nature (Proverbs 6:6-8; 30:24-31), and it is found in Christ (Colossians 2:2-3). If we expect God to bless us with wisdom, then we need to do those things which God has ordained that we should do in order to obtain it; this is how we seek for it. When Daniel had his dreams and visions, he also had to seek for understanding (Daniel 8:15-16 with 8:27; Daniel 10:2-3 with 10:10-14). The answer was given immediately (Daniel 10:12), but he still had to seek for the manifestation of it with prayer and fasting because of spiritual warfare in the heavens (Daniel 10:13).
Note 2: God's wisdom that is learned comes to us gradually:
(Deuteronomy 32:2) “My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass.
(Isaiah 28:9-10) “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? those who are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breast.
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little.”
So we need to keep on asking, keep on believing, and keep on seeking, in order to keep on growing in wisdom.
If you have benefited from reading this study, then please tell your friends about this website.
If you have a website of your own, then please link to this website. See the Website Links page.
Please copy and paste this bible study link into and to all your friends who want to know how to get the truth from God's word.
Prepare Heart || How to Study Index || Bible Studies Index || Clean and Unclean Meats
A Prayer for God’s Help in Times of Trouble
“May your God, who you serve continually, rescue you!” – Daniel 6:16
The Story of Daniel: The Power of Prayer and Faith in Times of Great Trouble
If anyone needed help in time of trouble, it was Daniel. This verse finds him sentenced to a pit of lions for praying to and worshiping God (Daniel 6:13-18).
The administrators set to serve under the current reign of King Darius were bent on removing Daniel from his seat.
Daniel had found favor with King Nebuchadnezzar and King Belshazzar prior to King Darius’ reign through his interpretation of dreams and godly wisdom.So, they convinced the king to “issue an edict and enforce the decree that anyone who prays to any god or man during the next thrifty days, except to you, O king, shall be thrown into the lions den” (Daniel 6:7). The king, not realizing that the “royal administrators, prefects, satraps, advisers and governors have all agreed …”(6:7) did not include Daniel, agreed.
The rest is history. We read in Daniel 6 the infamous story of Daniel’s bravery in the face of his choice to worship the Lord over the law (6: 10).
The king, distraught over the decree he was tricked into issuing (Daniel 6:14), nevertheless sealed Daniel into the lion’s den (v. 17). Unable to eat or sleep (v. 18), the king rushed to the den at dawn.
“Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?” (vv. 19-20)
“My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions,” came Daniel’s reply from the den.
The decree was reversed, requiring all in the land to worship God, and those who had conspired against Daniel were themselves tossed into the lion’s den.
What Daniel’s Story Teaches Us about the Power of Prayer and Faith
When we are pressed up against troubling times, let us look to Daniel’s example of how to gather strength in times of distress. Turning to God for justice and answers was not new territory for Daniel. It was habit. He prayed habitually. He looked to the Lord routinely.
If we establish a daily habit of turning to God in our lives, it’s more ly to be our immediate reaction in times of trouble.
There is no way around spending time with God: we must have a relationship with Him in order to experience His peace. We must spend time in the Word. We must spend time in prayer.
Pausing to look at our current situation in the light of His perspective is the essential path to taking hold of His peace.
Christ died to give us full access to our great God. We can look to His Word, look up to Him in prayer, and embrace the power of the Holy Spirit at work within us.
The societal misconception is that we possess the strength to pull ourselves trouble. But if we rely on our own strength, we’ll surely fail. It’s His strength that makes our salvation possible.
Walking with Christ isn’t about striving for perfection, but straining towards submission.
A Prayer You Can Pray for God’s Help in Times of Trouble:
We praise You for Daniel’s life and legacy, that we are able to read and study his life here today. Thank you for the glimpse you give us of his powerfully prophetic life. Thank you for this book of Scripture and how we can see Christ in it.
Daniel, we know Jesus faithfully endured the punishment for obedience to you. But un Daniel, you did not spare him from the “mouth of the lions.
” You let Your Son die a brutal death on the Cross, paying the penalty for our sins, and through his resurrection You’ve given us eternal life and access to Your glory. Oh Lord – thank You!
In every situation in our lives, may we remember that You are sovereign over all. Justice rightfully sits in Your hands, not ours. You are bigger. You are in control. You are omnipotent – all-present in times of trouble. Just Daniel, we can trust You with our lives. It’s Your purpose that puts our feet on earth.May every trial we go through in this life bring us closer to You. Our prayer today is for our enemies, our conspirators, and our foes. We are all imperfect, and You love us all equally. Help us to leave justice at Your feet, seeking peace and the Spirit’s sensitivity before lifting the gate on our emotions.
Protect our hearts from bitterness and suspicions, comparison and insecurity. Teach us to be confident in You, alone. Right our hearts to place You at the helm. Bless our minds to run to You for solutions to problems that put our backs up against walls. Help us to resist gossip and slander, blame and unnecessary attacks on the character of others.
May the story of Your angel, who shut the mouths of the lions, help us to remember Your power and promise. When we are in trouble, help us to remember the cross. In the direst situation of all, Christ conquered death.
In a quickly crumbling world, let us be shards of light. May we be peacekeepers, and extensions of Your love. We’re not promised this world will be easy or fair, but You guarantee Your presence and Your love. Grant us courage to stick to Your standards. You are good, all the time.
In Jesus’ Name,
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can't find the words to pray.
A Daily Morning Prayer
A Prayer for a Broken Heart
A Prayer for Worry
A Prayer for First Thing in the Morning
A Prayer for When You Don't Know What to Do
Meg Bucher (Megs) encourages others to seek Him first through her life as a stay-at-home mom, career as a freelance writer, teaching Emoti-moms Weekly Bible Study, and leading the kids worship teams at her local church. She resides in a small, Northern lake town with her husband of ten years, two daughters, and their Golden-doodle. Meg writes about everyday life within the love of Christ on her blog, //sunnyand80.org.
Image Credit: ©Thinkstock
50 Prayer for Wisdom
Skip to content
The bible teaches us that wisdom is more profitable than gold and more precious than jewels. According to Proverbs 3, with wisdom, man can get riches, honour, pleasantness and peace.
Therefore, it is essential for us to continually request for God’s wisdom in other to live a well balanced and successful life.
I pray as you say the prayers below, may you be filled with heavenly wisdom that would make your life right in Jesus’ name.
Awesome Prayer for Wisdom
1. You, Lord, are the giver of all wisdom and an infinite source of sound wisdom. I pray you continually fill me with your wisdom so that I take the right decisions at all times in Jesus’ name.
2. Father, give me the grace to continually fear and revere you so I can have wisdom as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
3. Help me Lord to continually number my days so my heart will blossom with your wisdom in Jesus name.
4. Father, I pray you give me the wisdom to be humble at all times so that pride will find no place in me in Jesus’ name.
5. Lord, I pray all my endeavours will always be marked by your wisdom so that I succeed in whatsoever I lay my hands upon in Jesus’ name.
6. I pray that I am blessed with heavenly wisdom, the type that would make man marvel at the awesomeness of God in Jesus’ name.
7. Father, give me the wisdom to always remember you are there through the storms, trials and tribulations so I can trust you completely in Jesus’ name.8. I receive the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God to stand out amidst my peers and show forth the glory of God in Jesus’ name.
9. Lord Jesus, in your mercy, flood my life with your wisdom so much that I become an extension of your personality and a representation of your majesty in Jesus’ name.
10. I receive the wisdom to live a life of Christ, a life saturated with peace and sanctity in Jesus’ name.
Spiritual Prayer for Wisdom
11. By the wisdom of God, I stand against the devil and all his agents. I nullify his plans and truncate his agendas over me in Jesus’ name.
12. May the wisdom of God order my steps, lead me through life and guide every decision I take in Jesus’ name.
13. As the day breaks and daylight spreads his wings over the skies, so shall the wisdom of God circulate daily around me and my family in Jesus’ name.
14. Lord Jesus, give me the grace to trust you fully and rely on your guidance and wisdom even as I live through life in Jesus’ name.
15. God, I desire your divine strength and wisdom to inspire me throughout my existence. May your wisdom never depart from me in Jesus’ name.
16. Thank you, Lord, because I know you will bless me with the wisdom to live a life pleasing and acceptable to you in Jesus’ name.
17. Lord Jesus, bless me with wisdom so I give good counsel to all around me and be a source of blessing to all I come across in Jesus’ name.18. By the grace of God, I will listen more, learn fast, have a quick and sound understanding and grow in wisdom in Jesus’ name.
19. I will live the wise, live a calm life devoid of violence. I will live peacefully with all men in Jesus’ name.
20. Your wisdom is magnificent and your understanding no one can fathom. I pray you God will bless me with your wisdom and understanding in Jesus’ name.
50 Awesome Inspirational Prayers
Amazing Prayer for Wisdom
21. As a man’s wisdom makes his face shine and the hardness of his face is changed, so Lord will your wisdom make my life beautiful in Jesus’ name.
22. Father, according to your word, give me a mouth and a wisdom which none of my adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict in Jesus’ name.
23. Lord, open the floodgates of Heaven and flood my life with your refreshing and fulfilling wisdom in Jesus name.
24. Equip me Lord with wisdom from your throne so I can fulfil my purpose for creation in Jesus’ name.
25. Lord, give me wisdom after the order of Solomon to live an exceptional and exemplary life in Jesus’ name.
26. May my life continue to reflect the personality of Christ so that I can experience the wisdom that comes with knowing him.
27. Lord, give me exceptional wisdom to prevail in times of trials and tribulations in Jesus’ name.28. Father, I pray you give me the wisdom to rightfully use the knowledge you have granted me in Christ Jesus.
29. Father, give me the wisdom I need to be an ambassador for you and your kingdom in this world in Jesus’ name.
30. Lord, give me the understanding to delight in your wisdom, the ear of the wise to seek for your knowledge and an intelligent heart to acquire your knowledge in Jesus’ name.
Prayer for Divine Wisdom
31. Lord Jesus, give me the wisdom to know your ways, walk in them and successfully lead others through.
32. The spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of you is what I pray for Lord, enlighten the eyes of my understanding in Jesus’ name.
33. I receive the wisdom to make good choices and take the right decisions in every area of my life in Jesus’ name.
34. Father, give unto me your wisdom so I live an extraordinary life under your guidance and tutelage.
35. Lord, give me the wisdom necessary to guide and comfort those around me appropriately, let me be a spring of refreshing water to all that I meet.
36. I receive the wisdom to prosper in my career and all my life endeavours in Jesus’ name.
37. Father bless me with the wisdom necessary to have a fulfilling marriage and raise children that would be a blessing to this world.
50 Prayer of Encouragement with Bible Verses38. By the grace of God, I will not make foolish mistakes that would hunt me, I will not fall into unnecessary errors or take bad decisions in Jesus’ name.
39. Lord, in my daily living, give me the wisdom to be outstanding and live above mediocrity in Jesus’ name.
40. Father, I receive wisdom to be a solution provider for my household, my generation and the world at large.
Inspirational Prayer for Wisdom
41. By the wisdom of God, I will victoriously overcome every hurdle, obstacle, setback and pitfalls the world throws at me in Jesus’ name.
42. Lord Jesus, imbue my life with the wisdom to make a success all I set out to do in Jesus’ name.
43. Father, make me wise not in my own conceit, but according to your will so I can know what to do at all times.
44. Father, give me wisdom beyond human comprehension, wisdom that supersedes human knowledge in Jesus’ name.
45. Lord, I need a deep, broad and balanced wisdom beyond human capacity in Jesus’ name.
46. Lord, shed your light upon my soul that I might receive the fullness of your wisdom in Jesus’ name.
47. Lord, quicken my inner man to receive expressly, the wisdom from above in Jesus’ name.48. Lord Jesus, uphold me by your wisdom that I might stand surely and firmly in times of trials and tribulations in Jesus’ name.
49. Lord, I receive wisdom to be a highflyer in all my endeavours, to soar an eagle and attain heights unimaginable by man.
50. Father, uplift me up by your grace, uphold and sustain me by your wisdom in Jesus’ name.
Written By Olofinko Eniola.