Prayer For Protection of the Family
70 Powerful Prayers for Family Protection
It is no longer shocking that evil is happening all over the world and through researches, it has been concluded that God is the greatest security and by depending on Him we are more than safe.
Are you thinking of embarking ob a journey or just going out for your normal day to day activity and you just want to send some requests to heaven whether for today or future day's protection???
Below are some deep and loaded prayer points for your family's protection. Read, comment, and share!
==> Table of Contents
- Short Prayers for Family Protection
- Long Prayers for Family Protection
Short Prayers for Family Protection
Awesome collection of short prayers for family protection.
1. May the Lord preserve you and all that has to do with you, Make His face shine upon you and with His right hand gently hold and guide you and your family through the rest of this year
2. The Lord will make walls of fire round about you and your household and No evil will come near your dwelling.
3. The hand of the Lord will be upon you for good and the hand of the enemy will not be able to touch you.4. Your going out and coming in shall be ordered by God and You will not miss a step.
5. Whatever might be the plan of the enemy, God will surely prevail and preserve you and yours.
6. The Lord will preserve your going out and coming in and He will give you and your family rest on every side.
7. The Lord will destroy every plot of the enemy against you and your family and give you peace on every journey you make or decide to make.
8. The Lord will confuse your enemies and they will not be able to fulfil their enterprise on you and yours.
9. For the rest of this year, you and your family are marked with and soaked in the blood of Jesus, every evil will pass over you.
10. Evil occurrences might be happening right and left, only with your ears will you hear and with your eyes will you see, it will not come near your dwelling.
11. Every association set up against you and your family will not stand for the promise of protection and preservation will come to pass.
12. The presence of the Lord will journey with you wherever you go.
13. Though the journey might be rough, the Lord will grant you a safe landing.14. The eyes that never sleeps nor slumbers will watch over you and keep your family safe.
15. The God that has never left his own to be a prey in the hand of the evil one will not leave you and your family.
16. The Almighty will always guide and direct you as you journey through this pilgrim land.
17. Every day is associated with one evil or the other, you will not be a partaker no matter how small.
18. At every stage when the enemy is about to strike, the Lord will avenge you and your family.
19. The Lord will mould a wall of defence around your dwelling against your enemies.
20. The promise of protection will be Yea and Amen in your life and family.
21. The great deliverer that delivers his own from the snare of the evil one will deliver me and my family from all evil.
22. The Lord will be our shield and our buckler, the enemy will not smite us.
23. Wherever myself and my family will go and the presence of the Lord will not go with us, we will not go there.24. The Almighty God will continually dwell in the midst of our camp and we will fear no evil.
25. The Lord that is able to protect the body, soul and spirit will preserve our lives and we will not fear what man can do.
26. I and my habitation are secured by God.
27. The Lord that led the Israelites through the wilderness will keep me and my family safe in all our journeys.
28. The one that delivered the Israelites from the hand of their enemies will protect me and my family.
29. None of my family members will be lost to accidents or any form of calamity.
30. The blood of Jesus will be a sign upon our houses and no plague will come upon us to destroy us.
31. I will not lose any member of my family to premature death, the number of our days we will fulfil.
32. The Lord will give me and my house security under His canopy.
33. The Lord will be our shelter shielding us from all evil.
34. Victory over sicknesses and illnesses shall be ours and none will cut our lives short.
35. The Lord will strike out any enemy that is set to end my life untimely.
36. Our home shall be another replica of the Bible's city of refuge protecting me and my family.
37. The Lord will make my abode peaceful, no evil will come near my household.38. The Lord will redeem my life and that of my family from destruction and He will keep us safe in His sheltering arms.
39. I and my family security are certain for the promises of God are bound to come to pass in our lives.
40. Though the enemy might raise his scary face to challenge us, we will not fear the one that can kill the body only.
Long Prayers for Family Protection
Collection of Long Prayers for Family protection.
41. Oh Lord my God, in all humility, I have come before you today, I sincerely want to thank you for your protection and preservation through the time past.
I ask and pray that you do not leave me at this time, of all evil happening here and there, I will not experience any.
I cover myself with the blood of Jesus, I will keep bearing this mark everywhere where I go, evil will see me and pass over. (Exodus 12vs13).
42. Father in Jesus name, Our Righteous God, you are the same yesterday, today and forever. You never change so does your word. I pray Lord that all the promises of protection for everyone that call upon you shall be mine.
My going out and coming in will be preserved. My steps shall be ordered by you. Your word says «My presence will go with thee and I will give thee rest» Give me peace and rest for every journey I make.
My soul is satisfied to know that you can do much more than I ask.
43. Almighty God, Your word says «Thou oh lord hath a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head» I pray this day that you will lift up my head and shield me from all evil. Breaking news, disheartening news all fill the media, I will not be a partaker. For you honour your word more than your name, Lord please honour my prayers with answers.
44. Eternal Rock of Ages, I want to thank you for yet another opportunity to see this blessed day. Your word says «commit your ways to God's hands, trust in Him..» I depend on you more than anything because I believe and trust you, guide me as I go today. You know more than I do, direct me to places that are safe for me.45. Heavenly Father, as a child looks up to his parents, I look up to you today that you guide me oh great Jehovah as a pilgrim through this barren land. Blindfold every evil eye, let them not behold me. Show me the pathway and let me follow your footsteps. Lead me in the way to go. Hold my hands dear Father for with you only is my security.
46. Almighty God, Omnipotent and Omniscience. You that see and knows all things, you know the plan of the evil ones immediately it's been conceived even before execution. Lord I pray, at each time they do, please turn to null and void. Nullify all negatives directed towards me. That all glory and praise might return to you.
47. Oh Lord, I bless you because you're good; I lift up my Ebenezer for hitherto you've helped me. Thank you for your faithfulness, I appreciate you for your good plans for me.
I bow in humility and ask that you take charge of today. In protecting, I ask that you protect me. In keeping, I ask that you keep me. Lord, I am insufficient on my own please do not leave me today.
All these I ask in your name.
48. Blessed Redeemer, I want to bless you for your faithfulness, I return all glory and honour to you because whenever I come before you, you're always ready to give ears to my prayers. I ask that you secure my life in your insurance.
Keep me in safety. Your word declares that «He that dwelleth in the secret place of the «Most High» shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty» Lord, help me not to leave your secret place. Let your shadow shield me.
Thank you, Father!
49. Holy Spirit divine, I adore and give praises to your dear name for the past and present. Thank you for majoring in my welfare. I ask and pray that it lasts a lifetime through. I reject every negative package of the evil one against my life. I believe I am secure in you, I will fear no evil. Thank you because you have heard and answered.
50. Our Blessed Redeemer, I have come to your presence again and I know you're not tired of listening to my pleas. Thank you for redeeming my life from evil. Thank you for the gift of life. I come in penitence bow that you do what only you can do. Redeem my life again as I go.51. Father in Jesus name, Forth in your name I go today in pursuit of my daily labour. Lord, please guide and guard me. Cover me with your wings. Let not your face leave me. Keep and shield me from trouble. Arrows of evil are flying up and down, none will come near me. Thank you, faithful father. I believe you will do it. Glory!
52. Good morning Jesus, hallowed be thy name. The fool saith in his heart that there's no God, I know and believe you exist therefore I am making my prayers to you this hour. Lord, please redeem my soul from the power of the grave. Hide me under your safe arms. Amen.
53. Eternal Rock of Ages, I have come to thank you. I give you all the glory because you're not yet done with me. Your word says You are our Refuge and present help in time of trouble. Lord, I ask that you calm my spirit, I will not be moved. Deliver my soul from death. Deliver my feet from falling and let me walk in the light of the living. Amen.
54. Oh Lord my God, be thou exalted above the heaven. I ask and pray Oh God that you deliver my soul in peace from the battle that was against me. Give me victory and defend me from them. Save me from bloody men. Amen.
55. Oh Lord, truly I am your child. As I go out today, Lord, make my movement violent free. I will not cry nor wail. For anyone that has any evil against me, turn it unto good. Bring all your good will to pass and save me alive.
56. Oh Lord, Thank you for your infinite grace and mercy that endureth forever. Some trust in chariots and some in horses but on you oh Lord do I trust. Save me and guide me from the snare of the enemy. Hear my cry as I call.
57. Father in Jesus name, blessed be your name in the highest. I ask today oh God that though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. Please stretch forth your hand against the wrath of mine enemies and with your right hand save me.
58. Lord, I cry unto thee, make haste unto me. Give ear to my voice and let my prayer be set forth before thee. Set a watch oh God before me and keep me from the snares they have laid for me. Let the wicked fall into their own nets while I escape. Amen59. Father Lord, you are so righteous. Thank you for the past prayers and answers following. I ask again that you cut asunder the cords of the wicked. Let all that come against me be confounded. Redeem my soul oh Lord.
60. Oh God, in you do I put my trust and your word says «They that trust in you shall be as mount Zion which cannot be moved but abideth forever» Lord as the mountains are round about Jerusalem, round me about from henceforth even forever.
61. Almighty God, I adore your holy name and I ask and pray for peace within my walls. Preserve my soul because my mind stays on thee. The sun will not smite me by day nor the moon by night. Be my keeper oh Lord.
62. Oh Lord, I thank thee for the sunshine and the moon and stars. I thank you for all the creation. I ask that the same way you kept Daniel in the lion's den untouched, keep me in the world as I roam. Shut the devil's plan against me. Thank you, Jesus.
63. Rock of Ages, I appreciate you for the daily benefits you have always blessed me with. I ask as I go today that every plot of the enemy to terminate my life will be turned against them. You will not give my life over to the devil to enthrone. Save me in your wide arms.
64. Our Holy Father, I bless you for today. Thank you for being the anchor of my life and as your word says I should fear not, I, therefore, entrust my life to your care. Strengthen me, keep me, uphold me with your right hand of righteousness. Cast me not away from your presence. Thank you, Father!
65. Faithful Father, I adore your holy name. I give you all the glory because you have never ceased to give ears when I call. I, therefore, pray Lord that you will contend with all those contending with me. They that strive with me shall perish, they will seek me and not find me and they will all be confounded. Amen. Powerful Morning Prayer for Strength in the Morning
66. The Holy One of Israel, it is you I can call upon any day. I bless you for your mighty works in my life. I return all glory to you, be glorified oh Lord. I even pray that as I step out today that you will be with me. The rivers of life will not overflow me and if I walk through the fire I will not be burned. Amen67. Oh Lord my God, I thank you so much for your loving kindness and tender mercies. Be praised oh Lord. I even ask Lord that as you've always done you will make around me this day and beyond a defenced city, a brazen wall and an iron pillar. They that fight against me will not prevail. Be with me oh Lord.
68. Our Gracious Redeemer, Thank you, Lord, for redeeming me from the cause of the Law. Just as you've promised not to leave neither forsake me. Lord be my helper. Protect me even as I receive courage not to fear what man can do to me. Thank you blessed Redeemer!
69. Almighty Father, Glory be to your name in the highest. I appreciate your grace that has brought me hitherto. Lord, I pray that you will deliver me from every evil work just you delivered Daniel from Lion's den and preserve my soul, spirit and body as I go. Amen.
70. Our Righteous and ever faithful Creator, The God of Heaven and Earth. I bless your holy name; I lift up my Ebenezer to you. Thank you for being gracious and wonderful to me. Even right now I pray that in protecting, you will protect me. Grant not the desires of the wicked over me, Let them not rise up against me anymore. Keep me in the hollow of your hands. Thank you, faithful Father!
Written By Olalekan Adebumiti.
5 Powerful Prayers for Protection and Safety
- Compiled & Edited by Crosswalk Editorial Staff
- 2016Jul 08
Our world is filled with events and situations that can cause great fear and anxiety. It’s easy to become overwhelmed and live imprisoned by fear.
We are promised in God’s Word that he is faithful and will protect us (2 Thessalonians 3:3).
God wants us to let go of fear and to live life to the fullest! (John 10:10) When you are overcome by worry, use these prayers for protection to remember who God is and the protection he has promised you.
1. Prayer for Personal Protection
Father, I come to You today, bowing in my heart, asking for protection from the evil one. Lord, we are assailed moment by moment with images on television, the internet, books and newspapers that leave us vulnerable to sin of every kind. Surround us with Your divine hedge of protection.
Encompass us round about with Your strength and Your might. Let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy. And may You shelter us, that those who love Your name may exult in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him favor as with a shield.
Lord, I ask that You protect our minds. Father, the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. (Romans 8:6) O God, set our minds on You.
Let us not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds that we may prove what Your will is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Romans 12:2) Help us by the power of Your Spirit to think on whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, let our minds dwell on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
Strengthen us in the power of Your might, O God. Dress us in Your armor so that we can stand firm against the schemes of the devil. We know that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.(Ephesians 6:10-12)
You are our keeper, O Lord, the shade on our right hand. Protect us from all evil and keep our soul. Guard our going out and our coming in. From this time and forever. In Jesus' name, Amen. – by Lynn Cooke
2. Prayer for the Protection and Safety of Family
Lord, I pray Your emotional, physical, and spiritual protection over my kids (grandkids). Keep evil far from them, and help them to trust You as their refuge and strength. I pray You will guard their minds from harmful instruction, and grant them discernment to recognize truth.
I pray You will make them strong and courageous in the presence of danger, recognizing that You have overcome and will set right all injustice and wrong one day. Help them to find rest in Your shadow, as they live in the spiritual shelter You provide for them.
Let them know that the only safe place is in Jesus, and that their home on earth is only temporary. — Ryan Duncan, Culture Editor at Crosswalk.com
3. Prayer for Children's Security
Lord, I pray that my kids (grandkids) will develop an eternal perspective and purpose, not an earthly one. Help them to see life–and every challenge–through Your eyes, eager and unafraid to share with others the good news of Jesus wherever they go.
I pray that they will set their minds on things above, not just what’s going on here, and that they will be rooted and grounded in Your love. I pray they will come to understand the extent of Your own love for them–that it surpasses all the head knowledge they will acquire in school.
I pray they will be filled up with You from morning ’til night. – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
4. «St. Patrick's Breastplate» Protective Prayer:
Celtic monks used it to start their day.The hymn was several stanzas long, and the last two stanzas were especially memorable and moving:
Christ be with me, Christ within me,Christ behind me, Christ before me,Christ beside me, Christ to win me,Christ to comfort and restore me.Christ beneath me, Christ above me,Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.
I bind unto myself the Name,The strong Name of the Trinity;By invocation of the same.The Three in One, and One in Three,Of Whom all nature hath creation,Eternal Father, Spirit, Word:Praise to the Lord of my salvation,
Salvation is of Christ the Lord.
5. «Priestly Blessings» Prayer from Scripture:
Numbers 6:22-27 is known as the “Priestly Blessing” or sometimes the “Aaronic Benediction.” There are seven requests made in this prayer.
The LORD said to Moses, «Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: «’The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.»' «So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.»
1. The Lord bless you…
The word “bless” means to “provide favor or benefit.” Father, we pray that for our children. You are the Eternal God. Please place Your great kindness and advantage on those we love. May they be approved and favored by You.
The Hebrew word “keep” means to “watch, guard, defend.” This is a prayer for protection. Father, my children are not perfect. They are going to make mistakes. But please watch over them and guard them again mistakes of youth that are unalterable. Please defend them against temptation. Protect them against Satan who desires to devour them.
3. the LORD make his face shine upon you…
This is a request for God’s presence.Father, as a parent I know that I can’t be with my children all the time, but You can. Just they feel the warmth of the sun shining on them, please allow them to experience Your presence. Thank You for being with them wherever they go.
4. and be gracious to you…
Grace is God’s undeserved favor. He gives us what we don’t deserve. Father, thank You for Your gift of grace. I pray that gift to be poured out on my children. Following that great gift of salvation, please show them your kindness and love in all the endeavors of their lives.
5. the Lord turn his face toward you…
Here is a request for God’s fellowship.Father, thank You, that because of their trust in Jesus, the Holy Spirit lives in my children. Please walk with them in a powerful way. Enable them to submit to the Spirit’s control day by day and moment by moment.
6. and give you peace.
The Hebrew word for peace used here is “shalom.” It means “completeness, wholeness, and contentment.” Lord, please calm my children’s fears; soothe their anxious souls. Keep them complete and whole in their thinking, emotions, desires, and actions.
7. So they will put my name on ___________ (the name of your child/children).This is a request of identification. Lord, please place Your holy mark on my children. Set them apart to be used by You.
I love them but You love them more. You love them with an everlasting love. May they represent You well on their earthly journey. And when their journey is completed, welcome them home to live forever with You.
(notes by Ron Moore, The Journey)
Prayers for Protection and Safety from the Bible
«But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.» — 2 Thessalonians 3:3
«God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.» — Psalm 46:1
«My prayer is not that you take them the world but that you protect them from the evil one.» — John 17:15
'And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.» — Matthew 6:13
«Because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.» — Psalm 16:10-11
Read more Bible verses about protection.
What are you praying for protection over today? Comment below to join our large praying community.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can't find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for Strength
Prayer for Forgiveness
Prayer for Guidance
Mother’s Day Prayer
Prayers for My Husband
Prayers for My Son
Prayers for My Daughter
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
Powerful Prayers for Family Protection, Unity & Strength
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us.
The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily.
Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always.
Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way.
Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You.
I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before.
I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members.
It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things.
I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do.
I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days.
Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation.I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding.
Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17