Prayer for Men with Families
7 Prayers For My Family
I just finished praying for a friend of mine who is participating in a revival soon. Satan is on the move to make sure this revival doesn’t happen, but Satan being the “Great Deceiver” has deceived himself.
I know God wants this revival to happen and it is time for war! Through prayer and supplication I know that God will make sure this revival happens! If our God can make a revival happen for many people, He can also make a revival happen in just one person’s heart.
Here are 7 prayers that you can pray for your family, whether it is for revival of those lost or the protection of those in your home.
“I know Who goes before me. I know Who stands behind. The God of angel armies is always by my side.” (God Of Angel Armies, Chris Tomlin)
I ask for protection over my spouse, my children, and myself today. Lead us with Your mighty hands today. Deliver us from any enemy that tries to harm us. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. (Ref.
Romans 8:31) Please guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. You are Great, Powerful, Strong, Mighty, Awe-inspiring, Amazing and AWESOME! Be with us all this day.
I love you, Father! Amen
“You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
You have been so patient with my own brother. He says he believes in You, but his actions still say differently. He has not surrendered everything to You, Lord.
Lord I pray that he would sincerely seek You with his entire being! I praise Your Name because You have allowed him to live another day in hope that he will return to You. Father, I pray that You do everything necessary to bring him back. If he must lose his job, so be it.If he must go through health issues to find You, so be it. Father, whatever it takes, please bring him to You. Better to suffer immensely in this world to find You, then to suffer eternally in hell without You. Father, I cannot imagine heaven without any of my family.
I love them all so dearly! Please, Lord, bring your long, lost son home! Bring a revival in his heart! I love You! Amen
Prayers For Grandchildren
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
You have blessed me with enough years to enjoy my precious grandchildren! Thank you, Father! I pray for these little ones, Lord. I will be crossing the finish line of heaven in a short while and I pray that Your Name will be glorified in everything I do with them. I thank you for my own children.
I have raised them up to praise You, Father! I am filled with joy to see them reading the Bible to my grandchildren. O Lord, it brings me to tears of joy to hear those tiny voices singing “Jesus Loves Me”.
I cannot contain the tears for my cup is overflowing with joy! I praise Your Name! I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes. Watch over them and lead them to the finish line that I will cross soon.
I want to be there as they do cross it to see Jesus embrace them and say, “well done!” Father, You are worthy of so much more than I can give, but I offer up this prayer in faithfulness to You. I love You, Father! Amen
“All the hearts who are content and all who feel unworthy and all who hurt with nothing left, will know that You are holy.” (All The Poor And Powerless, All Sons And Daughters)
Much hurt and turmoil has ripped apart what man should never have separated. (Ref. Mark 10:9) I thank You, Lord that You sustained me through the storm of divorce and brought me safely to the other side.
Sin is the reason for my blended family and I pray right now that sin will affect it no more! Lord, I pray for my ex and her soon-to-be husband. I pray that you would watch over them both and guide them back to You. I pray for the children they will have together. I pray that they would raise them in the church.
I pray that their children will come to know You, Lord. Father, I pray for my children, Lord. I pray that they learn to stay strong in You when they miss me and can’t have me.I pray that you would shower them with love and affection! Thank you for Your comforting word, “He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet You by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17b) Thank you for quieting my stormy spirit when I ache for my kids. Your love is unending and it never fails me.
Lord, words cannot express how thankful I am for Your love and compassion for me. Be with my entire family, Lord. For those that live in the flesh, I pray that they would turn and seek You. Father, I need You more than ever before to be strong and courageous for You. May my life show clearly how much I love Jesus! I love You, Lord! Amen
It’s Time For War!
“Everybody with your fists raised high, let me see your battle cry tonight! Stand beside or step aside from the frontline!” (Frontline, Pillar)
“Everybody with your fists raised high, let me see your battle cry tonight! Stand beside or step aside from the frontline!”
There is a war going on for the souls of my family. I will not be silent about this! Lord, I pray for the salvation of my family. Lord, my children know You. I pray that they will learn to crave You without me talking with them first. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of the storms in life.
When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than before. I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who hate them. I pray that their lives will show Jesus to this dark world. We are in a battle and I will not back down! I commit this day to You, Lord.
Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and shove it to the wayside. Sin has no place in my heart or mind, Lord! If I fall today, I pray for Your patience with me.
I am a sinner and I do not want to sin! I praise Your Name, Lord! I love You! Amen
Are You Sitting Down?
“With full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:20b-21)
The passing of my mother last night is grieving me. Lord, how do I tell my children that their grammy is in Heaven? I can shower them with love and affection immensely, but I cannot take the pain away from their tears. I need You now more than ever, Father.
I keep thinking about how grieved Your own heart must have been when You watched Your own Son shed His blood on the cross for us all. Father, I am so sorry that my sin helped drive those nails into His hands and feet. Lord, I ask that You give me the words to speak as I deliver this news to my babies.I know that my mother is in Heaven and that makes me so hopeful, but the pain is still here. I pray that You would wrap Your arms around me, Lord. I need Your affection so badly right now. Give me “peace that passes all understanding” (Philippians 4:7a) Prepare the hearts and minds of my little ones, Lord.
This will be one of the toughest days of my life. May Your Name be glorified this day. I love You! Amen
Fellowship Of Believers
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (Hebrew 10:24-25)
I have an awesome family of believers to call my brothers and sisters! I thank you for them all. Through our unity we are strong through Christ Jesus, our Lord.
Father, I pray that as the Day does draw near we continue to shine the light of Jesus to this hurting world, even to each other. Lord, sometimes it hurts more when a fellow brother/sister hurts me. Lord, give me compassion to forgive them as I should. Sin is to blame, end of story.
Not one member of Your church is faultless, Father. I love my church family dearly! I also pray that You would soften the hearts of any that may have callouses starting. Father, rip those callouses away layer by layer. We all need to let go and let You be in control.
Father, bless my fellow brothers and sisters this day! May it be a day of rejoicing in You through every single thing that we experience! I love You! Amen
Whether it is your own family or your church family, there are many things that we can all pray for, for the wellbeing of them all. Lift up your loved ones today! Pray for them! May God bless you as you live a life worthy of the calling!
Parents Prayers for Their Children
Resources – The Holy Bible, English Standard Version “Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. video “Whom Shall I Fear?” by Chris Tomlin.
Would you to get the daily question in your messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
as: family, Prayers
Share this post: SU | Reddit | Digg | |
The Importance of Daily Prayer for Children & Families
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form 🙁
The Importance of Daily Prayer for Children & Families
November 05, 2015
Prayer is talking to God. It’s the simple opening of one’s heart to our father in Heaven. It’s coming to Him and telling Him everything in our hearts. God Himself asks us to pray.
This is expressed through the Apostle Paul, who told the Christians at Ephesus. ‘Pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests…’ (Ephesians 6: 18). Prayer is powerful and can change a life.
Daily prayer is important for the following reasons:
1. Prayer brings you closer to God
In any relationship, communication is the key to success. When you communicate, you are able to know more about a person. This also applies to your relationship with God.
Through talking to God, we learn more about who He is. To understand our Father, we need to pray and read the Bible each day both as individuals and as a family.
It’s the only way we can lead a life of intimacy with God.
2. Prayer protects
The words uttered in a prayer have wonder-working powers. Never underestimate the power of prayer. Life is full of trials and obstacles that can sometimes lead us to question faith.
Pray every morning and evening, pray for your children and teach them how to pray. When you make prayer part of your life, you reinforce your faith in the face of obstacles.
Even when challenges come your way, with prayer, you know that you are not alone as no weapon forged against you shall proper, as Isaiah 54:17 teaches us.
3. Prayer Heals
Jesus healed the sick while He was on earth. He gave authority to His disciples to heal. Jesus Christ has also given those who believe in him authority to heal. James 5: 14-16, talks about how prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. If you have any physical or emotional pain, then praying and reading the bible can begin the healing process.
4. Prayer brings breakthrough
If you are struggling to work through an issue, prayer can bring miracles. Open your heart to God and share your burdens. Even if the breakthrough doesn’t happen immediately, God gives you the grace and strength to keep going.
Teaching Our Children to Pray
The Bible contains many promises that we can include in both our prayers for children and daily confessions for our families. Children are gifts from God, and it’s the duty of parents to instill in them the values and characters they need to become good Christians. Here are simple ways to teach children how to pray.
1. Pray together every day
To begin with, pray with your child every day. He or she will be able to learn by example, and seeing you pray is a great example. Let your children know the importance of praying before a meal, in the morning and before bedtime. By setting a routine, your children will want to continue on their own.
2. Let them see you pray
It’s important that you pray aloud when your children are around. Whenever a situation arises that evokes prayer, take time and involve children. Children take note and will learn to use prayer in the same way.
3. Talk about prayer
From the beginning of your child’s life, teach them about prayer. Give your children simple explanation about prayer. It opens up dialogue and allows your children to ask questions.
1. Before meals
Praying before meals is a good habit to teach your child to be thankful for what they have.
If your children are involved in any community service, this is the perfect time to reflect on how others may find themselves in different circumstances.
Many children can learn this simple prayer over meals, “God is good. Let us thank Him for our food. By his hands we are fed. Provide us with our daily bread. Amen.”
2. Bedtime prayer
Getting children on the habit of praying before bed helps them reflect on their actions for the day, and ask for guidance for the following day. Try teaching them a simple bedtime prayer such as this: “Father, thank you for your blessings today. Thank you for taking good care of me and my family. Protect us throughout the night. Amen.”
3. Morning Prayer
This simple prayer sets the tone for the day, “Dear God, as I rise this morning, I thank you for a restful night and the gift of a new day. Guide me as I walk through this day. I am grateful for all the blessings in my life. As I start my day, I trust you to guide me in everything I do. Amen.”
Additional resources for daily prayer
There are countless Christian books and resources online to find inspiration for daily prayer rituals. For example, websites Josh McDowell Ministries and Focus on the Family offer daily devotionals and prayers for kids and adults.
For families on the go, bible apps YouVersion puts the Bible at your fingertips in an instant.
CornerStone Christian Academy & Preschool is one of the leading Christian schools in Las Vegas focused on teaching children academic excellence in a supportive, Christian community.
For information about our facility, or to schedule a free tour, contact us at 702-939-5050.
Powerful Prayers for Family Protection, Unity & Strength
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us.
The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily.
Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always.
Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way.
Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You.
I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before.
I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members.
It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things.
I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do.
I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days.
Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation.I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding.
Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
70 Powerful Prayers for Family Protection
It is no longer shocking that evil is happening all over the world and through researches, it has been concluded that God is the greatest security and by depending on Him we are more than safe.
Are you thinking of embarking ob a journey or just going out for your normal day to day activity and you just want to send some requests to heaven whether for today or future day's protection???
Below are some deep and loaded prayer points for your family's protection. Read, comment, and share!
==> Table of Contents
- Short Prayers for Family Protection
- Long Prayers for Family Protection
Short Prayers for Family Protection
Awesome collection of short prayers for family protection.
1. May the Lord preserve you and all that has to do with you, Make His face shine upon you and with His right hand gently hold and guide you and your family through the rest of this year
2. The Lord will make walls of fire round about you and your household and No evil will come near your dwelling.
3. The hand of the Lord will be upon you for good and the hand of the enemy will not be able to touch you.
4. Your going out and coming in shall be ordered by God and You will not miss a step.
5. Whatever might be the plan of the enemy, God will surely prevail and preserve you and yours.
6. The Lord will preserve your going out and coming in and He will give you and your family rest on every side.
7. The Lord will destroy every plot of the enemy against you and your family and give you peace on every journey you make or decide to make.8. The Lord will confuse your enemies and they will not be able to fulfil their enterprise on you and yours.
9. For the rest of this year, you and your family are marked with and soaked in the blood of Jesus, every evil will pass over you.
10. Evil occurrences might be happening right and left, only with your ears will you hear and with your eyes will you see, it will not come near your dwelling.
11. Every association set up against you and your family will not stand for the promise of protection and preservation will come to pass.
12. The presence of the Lord will journey with you wherever you go.
13. Though the journey might be rough, the Lord will grant you a safe landing.
14. The eyes that never sleeps nor slumbers will watch over you and keep your family safe.
15. The God that has never left his own to be a prey in the hand of the evil one will not leave you and your family.
16. The Almighty will always guide and direct you as you journey through this pilgrim land.
17. Every day is associated with one evil or the other, you will not be a partaker no matter how small.18. At every stage when the enemy is about to strike, the Lord will avenge you and your family.
19. The Lord will mould a wall of defence around your dwelling against your enemies.
20. The promise of protection will be Yea and Amen in your life and family.
21. The great deliverer that delivers his own from the snare of the evil one will deliver me and my family from all evil.
22. The Lord will be our shield and our buckler, the enemy will not smite us.
23. Wherever myself and my family will go and the presence of the Lord will not go with us, we will not go there.
24. The Almighty God will continually dwell in the midst of our camp and we will fear no evil.
25. The Lord that is able to protect the body, soul and spirit will preserve our lives and we will not fear what man can do.
26. I and my habitation are secured by God.
27. The Lord that led the Israelites through the wilderness will keep me and my family safe in all our journeys.
28. The one that delivered the Israelites from the hand of their enemies will protect me and my family.
29. None of my family members will be lost to accidents or any form of calamity.30. The blood of Jesus will be a sign upon our houses and no plague will come upon us to destroy us.
31. I will not lose any member of my family to premature death, the number of our days we will fulfil.
32. The Lord will give me and my house security under His canopy.
33. The Lord will be our shelter shielding us from all evil.
34. Victory over sicknesses and illnesses shall be ours and none will cut our lives short.
35. The Lord will strike out any enemy that is set to end my life untimely.
36. Our home shall be another replica of the Bible's city of refuge protecting me and my family.
37. The Lord will make my abode peaceful, no evil will come near my household.
38. The Lord will redeem my life and that of my family from destruction and He will keep us safe in His sheltering arms.
39. I and my family security are certain for the promises of God are bound to come to pass in our lives.
40. Though the enemy might raise his scary face to challenge us, we will not fear the one that can kill the body only.
Long Prayers for Family Protection
Collection of Long Prayers for Family protection.
41. Oh Lord my God, in all humility, I have come before you today, I sincerely want to thank you for your protection and preservation through the time past.
I ask and pray that you do not leave me at this time, of all evil happening here and there, I will not experience any.
I cover myself with the blood of Jesus, I will keep bearing this mark everywhere where I go, evil will see me and pass over. (Exodus 12vs13).42. Father in Jesus name, Our Righteous God, you are the same yesterday, today and forever. You never change so does your word. I pray Lord that all the promises of protection for everyone that call upon you shall be mine.
My going out and coming in will be preserved. My steps shall be ordered by you. Your word says “My presence will go with thee and I will give thee rest” Give me peace and rest for every journey I make.
My soul is satisfied to know that you can do much more than I ask.
43. Almighty God, Your word says “Thou oh lord hath a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head” I pray this day that you will lift up my head and shield me from all evil. Breaking news, disheartening news all fill the media, I will not be a partaker. For you honour your word more than your name, Lord please honour my prayers with answers.
44. Eternal Rock of Ages, I want to thank you for yet another opportunity to see this blessed day. Your word says “commit your ways to God's hands, trust in Him..” I depend on you more than anything because I believe and trust you, guide me as I go today. You know more than I do, direct me to places that are safe for me.
45. Heavenly Father, as a child looks up to his parents, I look up to you today that you guide me oh great Jehovah as a pilgrim through this barren land. Blindfold every evil eye, let them not behold me. Show me the pathway and let me follow your footsteps. Lead me in the way to go. Hold my hands dear Father for with you only is my security.
46. Almighty God, Omnipotent and Omniscience. You that see and knows all things, you know the plan of the evil ones immediately it's been conceived even before execution. Lord I pray, at each time they do, please turn to null and void. Nullify all negatives directed towards me. That all glory and praise might return to you.
47. Oh Lord, I bless you because you're good; I lift up my Ebenezer for hitherto you've helped me. Thank you for your faithfulness, I appreciate you for your good plans for me.
I bow in humility and ask that you take charge of today. In protecting, I ask that you protect me. In keeping, I ask that you keep me. Lord, I am insufficient on my own please do not leave me today.
All these I ask in your name.48. Blessed Redeemer, I want to bless you for your faithfulness, I return all glory and honour to you because whenever I come before you, you're always ready to give ears to my prayers. I ask that you secure my life in your insurance.
Keep me in safety. Your word declares that “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the “Most High” shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” Lord, help me not to leave your secret place. Let your shadow shield me.
Thank you, Father!
49. Holy Spirit divine, I adore and give praises to your dear name for the past and present. Thank you for majoring in my welfare. I ask and pray that it lasts a lifetime through. I reject every negative package of the evil one against my life. I believe I am secure in you, I will fear no evil. Thank you because you have heard and answered.
50. Our Blessed Redeemer, I have come to your presence again and I know you're not tired of listening to my pleas. Thank you for redeeming my life from evil. Thank you for the gift of life. I come in penitence bow that you do what only you can do. Redeem my life again as I go.
51. Father in Jesus name, Forth in your name I go today in pursuit of my daily labour. Lord, please guide and guard me. Cover me with your wings. Let not your face leave me. Keep and shield me from trouble. Arrows of evil are flying up and down, none will come near me. Thank you, faithful father. I believe you will do it. Glory!
52. Good morning Jesus, hallowed be thy name. The fool saith in his heart that there's no God, I know and believe you exist therefore I am making my prayers to you this hour. Lord, please redeem my soul from the power of the grave. Hide me under your safe arms. Amen.
53. Eternal Rock of Ages, I have come to thank you. I give you all the glory because you're not yet done with me. Your word says You are our Refuge and present help in time of trouble. Lord, I ask that you calm my spirit, I will not be moved. Deliver my soul from death. Deliver my feet from falling and let me walk in the light of the living. Amen.
54. Oh Lord my God, be thou exalted above the heaven. I ask and pray Oh God that you deliver my soul in peace from the battle that was against me. Give me victory and defend me from them. Save me from bloody men. Amen.55. Oh Lord, truly I am your child. As I go out today, Lord, make my movement violent free. I will not cry nor wail. For anyone that has any evil against me, turn it unto good. Bring all your good will to pass and save me alive.
56. Oh Lord, Thank you for your infinite grace and mercy that endureth forever. Some trust in chariots and some in horses but on you oh Lord do I trust. Save me and guide me from the snare of the enemy. Hear my cry as I call.
57. Father in Jesus name, blessed be your name in the highest. I ask today oh God that though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. Please stretch forth your hand against the wrath of mine enemies and with your right hand save me.
58. Lord, I cry unto thee, make haste unto me. Give ear to my voice and let my prayer be set forth before thee. Set a watch oh God before me and keep me from the snares they have laid for me. Let the wicked fall into their own nets while I escape. Amen
59. Father Lord, you are so righteous. Thank you for the past prayers and answers following. I ask again that you cut asunder the cords of the wicked. Let all that come against me be confounded. Redeem my soul oh Lord.
60. Oh God, in you do I put my trust and your word says “They that trust in you shall be as mount Zion which cannot be moved but abideth forever” Lord as the mountains are round about Jerusalem, round me about from henceforth even forever.
61. Almighty God, I adore your holy name and I ask and pray for peace within my walls. Preserve my soul because my mind stays on thee. The sun will not smite me by day nor the moon by night. Be my keeper oh Lord.
62. Oh Lord, I thank thee for the sunshine and the moon and stars. I thank you for all the creation. I ask that the same way you kept Daniel in the lion's den untouched, keep me in the world as I roam. Shut the devil's plan against me. Thank you, Jesus.63. Rock of Ages, I appreciate you for the daily benefits you have always blessed me with. I ask as I go today that every plot of the enemy to terminate my life will be turned against them. You will not give my life over to the devil to enthrone. Save me in your wide arms.
64. Our Holy Father, I bless you for today. Thank you for being the anchor of my life and as your word says I should fear not, I, therefore, entrust my life to your care. Strengthen me, keep me, uphold me with your right hand of righteousness. Cast me not away from your presence. Thank you, Father!
65. Faithful Father, I adore your holy name. I give you all the glory because you have never ceased to give ears when I call. I, therefore, pray Lord that you will contend with all those contending with me. They that strive with me shall perish, they will seek me and not find me and they will all be confounded. Amen. Powerful Morning Prayer for Strength in the Morning
66. The Holy One of Israel, it is you I can call upon any day. I bless you for your mighty works in my life. I return all glory to you, be glorified oh Lord. I even pray that as I step out today that you will be with me. The rivers of life will not overflow me and if I walk through the fire I will not be burned. Amen
67. Oh Lord my God, I thank you so much for your loving kindness and tender mercies. Be praised oh Lord. I even ask Lord that as you've always done you will make around me this day and beyond a defenced city, a brazen wall and an iron pillar. They that fight against me will not prevail. Be with me oh Lord.
68. Our Gracious Redeemer, Thank you, Lord, for redeeming me from the cause of the Law. Just as you've promised not to leave neither forsake me. Lord be my helper. Protect me even as I receive courage not to fear what man can do to me. Thank you blessed Redeemer!
69. Almighty Father, Glory be to your name in the highest. I appreciate your grace that has brought me hitherto. Lord, I pray that you will deliver me from every evil work just you delivered Daniel from Lion's den and preserve my soul, spirit and body as I go. Amen.
70. Our Righteous and ever faithful Creator, The God of Heaven and Earth. I bless your holy name; I lift up my Ebenezer to you. Thank you for being gracious and wonderful to me. Even right now I pray that in protecting, you will protect me. Grant not the desires of the wicked over me, Let them not rise up against me anymore. Keep me in the hollow of your hands. Thank you, faithful Father!
Written By Olalekan Adebumiti.
Family Prayer Time – Prayers – Catholic Online
- Today's Reading
- The Mysteries of the Rosary
Father/Mother: Let us begin with the sign of the Cross. All: In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. All: Dear Jesus, we are here to spend a few minutes with you in prayer. We want to pray for ourselves, our friends and neighbours and for everyone in the world. We know that you came to call all of us to know, love and serve your heavenly Father so that we would be one big, happy family. Parent: Jesus, be close to us now as we pray to the Father in the words you taught us. All: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven; give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Parent: Jesus, we want to pray to your Mother too. We want to remember how the angel told her she was to be your Mother. We want to remember how she went to Elizabeth who praised her for saying to God, “Be it done to me as you wish.” That was saying a big “yes” to God. We want to ask Mary to pray for us because we know, Jesus, that if we are close to her, we will be close to you. All: Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. Parent: Jesus, as God, you were in existence before the world was made. Then you became a human being with Mary as your mother so that you could tell the world how you and the Father and the Holy Spirit together love all of us and want to share your holy life with us. all praise to this Most Holy Trinity. All: Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Parent: (Name) will you read for us that we will have something special to think about? (Here mother or dad asks someone to read a Bible story selected from the following.) Bible Stories The Annunciation – Luke 1:26-38. The Visitation – Luke 1:39-80. Jesus' birth – Luke 2:1-20. Jesus' baptism – Mark 1:3-11. Cana – John 2:1-11. Cure of Leper – Mark 1:40-45. Feeding Crowd – Matthew 15:32-38. Ten Lepers – Luke 17:11-19. Labourers in Vineyard – Matthew 20:1-16. Merciless Servant – Luke 18:21-35. Pharisee and Tax Collector – Luke 18:9-14. Good Samaritan – Luke 10:29-37. Good Shepherd – John 10:1-21. Parent: Let's talk a little bit about the story. Would you to tell the story yourself? Did you the story? Who were the good people in the story? Were there any bad people in the story? Suppose you had been there; what would you have done? (Here mother or dad gives each one a chance to answer. At the end, he or she can talk briefly about a lesson that can be learned from the story.) Parent: I think now that we should pray for our family and for all families. We can begin by remembering the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and St. Joseph. They had their good times and parties and they had their hard times too, when it rained every day for a week, or when Jesus went to Jerusalem and got lost, or when St. Joseph was sick, or when their friends were sick. But they were happy because they loved each other and were kind and helpful to each other. So let us pray that God will help us to be a kind and loving family with each one trying to obey God and to help one another. (The following paragraphs may be added occasionally.) Of course, the Holy Family had relatives and friends, and they cared about them too. We remember Mary went to stay with Elizabeth when she was going to have a baby. And St. Joseph was a carpenter and was always fixing things for the neighbours. And Jesus, besides being a young boy was also God, so he was always being good to others. Imagine living next to Jesus! Could he ever help you with your homework! So let us pray for our friends and relatives that God will bless them and keep them from harm. When Jesus grew up and left home to go around preaching about God the Father and his love for us all, he remembered how happy he had been with his family and tried to make everyone understand that we are really one big family, with God as our Father. he talked about being kind, about forgiving those who hurt us, about taking care of the hungry and those who have no families of their own. So let us pray for everybody in the world and especially for those who have no one to care about them. There were men and women who listened to Jesus and prayed with him for those who were poor or sick or hungry or did not know that God the Father loved them. Jesus said to many of these men and women, “I am glad that you are praying with me. But I would you to work with me too.” So the apostles and others went around preaching about God's love. Other men, and some women too were busy helping the sick and feeding the hungry and teaching the children. As we grow up, Jesus says to us, “I am glad that you are praying for your family and for others. I would you to work with me too.” To some he says, “I want you to get married and teach your children to be good and loving.” To some boys he says, “I would you to be priests when you grow up.” To others he says, “I would you to be religious brothers when you grow up.” To some girls he says, “I would you to be nuns when you grow up.” And to still others, boys and girls, he says, “I would you to grow up to be single people working in the world and helping me to make others understand that God loves them.” So let us pray that as we grow up, we will try to know what Jesus wants us to be, and we will be ready to listen to him. CLOSING PRAYER All: Dear Jesus, we pray with you to the Heavenly Father for all the men and women and children of the world, those who live with their families and those who do not. Make us kind and generous to one another and protect us with your loving care. Mary, our Mother and good St. Joseph, keep us close to Jesus so that we too will be a holy family. Amen. Parent: Now let us close by asking God's blessing. May almighty God bless us, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Never Miss any Updates!
- Contact Us
- Privacy Statement
- Terms of Service
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online.
All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online.
Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.