Prayer For Leaders To Come to Know Jesus
Knowing Jesus: Prayer
Download a PDF of the whole Bible study, including questions.
THIS WEEK WE STUDY A BIBLICAL OVERVIEW on prayer as we all need to be repeatedly challenged to develop this area of our lives.
Most believers are very weak here, but effective prayer is the determinant factor in one’s eternal accomplishments! How is this daily discipline in your spiritual life?
As this relates to me personally, you, I commute into DC every week of Session, so my sleeping patterns, (give the three hour time zone change for Danielle and me) are very erratic. I have learned to live with that. Accordingly, when I am awake sometimes in the early hours of the morning, I take that as my signal to get up and pray. I have turned a negative into a positive. I look forward to these precious hours with the Lord. My prayers tend to be consumed with a now 19-year-old, persevering, God-given objective: To plant 200 effective ministries in 200 capitals throughout the world.
Looking forward to seeing you at this week’s study.
President & Founder
The purpose of prayer is to express our submission to the sovereignty of God and our trust in His faithfulness.
Prayer is the means by which we express all that is in our hearts to our loving and wise heavenly Father. Prayer is not to give God information, because God knows everything.
Prayer brings us into reverent communion with our Creator, worshipping Him and acknowledging Him as the Giver of all things.
A. FOR THE BELIEVER, PRAYER IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE THAT MUST BE DEVELOPED INTO A SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE
1. What did the disciples ask of Jesus in Luke 11:1?
It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples.”
2. Read Romans 8:26
In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
a. According to the Apostle Paul, who assists us in our prayers?
b. In light of that, what should we do when we are not sure what to pray for?
B. REMEMBER: CHRISTIANITY IS NOT JUST A BUNCH OF BIBLE KNOWLEDGE; IT IS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD! PRAYER THEN, IS AN EXCHANGE OF INTIMACY WITH GOD! LEARN TO RELISH IN IT — NOT DRUDGE IT! THE SCRIPTURE TELLS US GOD IS VERY INTERESTED IN OUR PERSONAL STRUGGLES
1. What does Psalm 34:15 say about the Lord?
The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry.
2. What did David bring before God in prayer in Psalm 142:2?
I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him.
3. How are we encouraged to approach God per Hebrews 4:16?
Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
4. Though we have the privilege of access, what caution does Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 advise?
Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil. Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few.
5. What comfort does 1Peter 5:6-7 offer believers?
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
C. PRAYER IS EFFECTIVE. PRAYER CAN CHANGE SITUATIONS — AND PEOPLE. WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO PRAY EXPECTING RESULTS
1. For whom and for what purpose did the Church pray in Acts 12:5?
So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church to God.
2. How did God answer their prayers according to Acts 12:7?
And, behold, the angel of the Lord suddenly appeared and a light shone in the cell: and he struck Peter’s side, and woke him up, saying, ‘Get up quickly. And his chains fell off his hands.
3. Besides answers, what else does God grant to those who pray according to Philippians 4:6-7?
Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
“THE EFFECTIVE PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS MAN CAN ACCOMPLISH MUCH.”
Are you a passionate prayer warrior or are your prayers reminiscent of cold mush? Reflective of this serious form of prayer is crying. No less than seven times in Scripture is crying associated with answered prayer (cf.
Psalm 18:6; 34:6; 102:1; Isaiah 24:14; Lamentations 2:19; Joel 1:14 and Matthew 15:22).
A. THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE, GOD ENCOURAGES AND COMMANDS BELIEVERS TO PERSEVERE IN PRAYER
1. Luke 18:1 states,
Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. The disciples were taught that they should always pray, and not . . .
2. What is God’s will for believers in Christ Jesus per 1Thessalonians 5:17?
Pray without ceasing.
3. When should believers pray per Ephesians 6:18?
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.
B. THE BIBLE IS GOD’S HANDBOOK ON PRAYER. IN IT YOU WILL DISCOVER MANY GUIDELINES TO HELP YOU DEVELOP THE PRACTICE OF PRAYER
1. What did Jesus teach His disciples to expect if they persisted in prayer per Luke 11:5-10?
Then He said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and from inside he answers and says, ‘Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.
’ “I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.
2. What does Jesus teach as a requirement for answered prayer per John 15:7?
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
3. According to 1John 5:14, what is our confidence as we pray?
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
4. List some of the hindrances to answered prayer.
a. Psalm 66:18
If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear.
b. James 4:3
You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.
c. 1Peter 3:7
You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
A. PRAYER CAN BE HARD WORK. THAT SHOULD NOT KEEP US FROM PRAYING, EVEN WHEN IT REQUIRES SACRIFICE
1. How long did Jesus pray before he selected the twelve apostles per Luke 6:12?
It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.
2. Describe the intensity of Jesus as He prayed in the garden per Luke 22:44.
And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.
3. What should believers be careful to do when we devote ourselves to prayer per Colossians 4:2?
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;
B. EVEN WHEN WE ARE FRUSTRATED OR DISCOURAGED, WE CAN STILL APPROACH GOD IN PRAYER
1. Why was David discouraged according to Psalm 13:1-2?
How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
2. What was David’s complaint in Psalm 22:2?
O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.
C. PRAYER IS GOVERNED BY GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY, AND HIS PURPOSE DETERMINES HIS ANSWER TO OUR PRAYERS
1. Read 2Corinthians 12:7-9.
Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
a. What did Paul pray for?
b. How many times did he pray for it?
c. Did he receive what he asked for? Why or why not?
2. Read Mark 14:35-36.
And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground and began to pray that if it were possible, the hour might pass Him by. And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.”
a. What did Jesus ask of the Father concerning His “hour” of suffering?
b. Yet, what was He willing to do?
Compose a simple prayer following the ACTS model above.
SURRENDER YOUR REQUESTS TO GOD’S WISE AND LOVING PLAN, ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR WILLINGNESS TO RECEIVE HIS ANSWER WITH THANKFULNESS.
2Corinthians 4:16 states
“Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.”
Prayer Of Forgiveness
Prayer of Forgiveness: A Valuable Gift
A prayer of forgiveness is something we all seek at some point in life.
Forgiveness is a valuable gift that is neither easily obtained, nor easily given. Forgiveness is essential for life; it frees us from past wrongs and gives us hope for the future.
It is for forgiveness sake that Jesus Christ came to earth to die for mankind.
Prayer of Forgiveness: Made Possible by Jesus Christ
The prayer of forgiveness is a prayer that is offered up to God. Though we may directly hurt each other, all of our trespasses ultimately hurt God. You may wonder how this is possible.
How can our shortcomings hurt the omnipotent Creator of the universe? Does God even care? In Genesis 6, we find that God Himself actually grieved over all the wrongs that man had inflicted upon each other: «Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart» (Genesis 6:5-6).
All knowing, God grieves even at the mere thought of evil. Thus, ultimate forgiveness must also come from God. However, because of His justice, forgiveness cannot be freely given. Every wrong must be accounted for in order for God to be a just judge. Jesus Christ died on the cross at Calvary in our place so that our sins may be forgiven. His suffering paid for our transgressions. «For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins» (Matthew 26:28).
In His love, God knew that our conscience needed to be freed from guilt and condemnation. He knew that forgiveness of sins was our greatest need. In the ultimate act of love, God not only suffered the pain of our wrongs, but also paid for their consequences in order that we may have forgiveness offered to us when we sin. All we need to do is to accept His free gift of forgiveness.
Prayer of Forgiveness: Ask God for Forgiveness
Perhaps you have stumbled upon this web page looking for a prayer of forgiveness to soothe a tormented soul. Or maybe you are struggling with trying to forgive another for deeply hurting you.
For all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, forgiveness has been freely given. If we acknowledge our wrongs and ask for forgiveness, God will forgive us — no questions asked: «If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness» (1 John 1:9).
If we reject Jesus, in essence, we reject God's gift of forgiveness. We are in fact saying that we do not wish to be reconciled with God (1 John 1:10). Though it is our free choice to not accept forgiveness from God, we will ultimately be accountable for all the sins we have committed at the end of this life.
It is God's deep desire to be reconciled with you. «For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life» (John 3:16). If you desire to be truly forgiven, consider what Jesus said and sincerely accept Him as your Lord and Savior.
You will be forgiven and God will begin a transforming work in your life.
Prayer of Forgiveness: Receive a New Life
The prayer of forgiveness gives us a new hope and a new beginning. All our sins are wiped away by God. «For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more» (Hebrews 8:12).
If you understand that you are a sinner, and you believe that Jesus Christ came as the one and only Redeemer of sin, then you understand the prayer of forgiveness.
The question is – are you ready to implement the prayer, by receiving God’s gift of His Son, Jesus Christ? If so, believe in Christ, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him as Lord:
- “Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
«Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit» (Acts 2:38).
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local gathering where you can worship God.
Did you become a follower of Jesus today? Please Click YES! or NO
Are you already a follower of Jesus? Please Click Here
WHAT DO YOU THINK? — We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, «Jesus is Lord,» you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow Jesus
Yes, I am already a follower of Jesus
I still have questions
10 Awesome Bible Verses About the Power of Prayer
Who is your source of power? This list of awesome power of prayer Bible verses is meant to encourage you today. I pray that you read through these Bible verses and then take them to God in prayer.
Ask God for the wisdom and discernment to teach you how He wants you to pray and for what He wants you to pray for.
For a great Christian song check out the video to the right Shout to the Lord by Darlene Zschech.
Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it
Pray in Faith
This list of awesome power of prayer Bible verses is meant to encourage you today.
Mark 9:29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.
James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed.
The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Always & With Thanksgiving
Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Christian Quotes About Prayer
Prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan. ~ John Bunyan
The fewer the words the better prayer. ~ Martin Luther
Prayer is an effort of will. ~ Oswald Chambers
Our prayer and God’s mercy are two buckets in a well; while one ascends, the other descends. ~ Arthur Hopkins
If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles H. SpurgeonIt is because of the hasty and superficial conversation with God that the sense of sin is so weak and that no motives have power to help you to hate and flee from sin as you should. ~ A.W. Tozer
Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. Gods voice in response to mine is its most essential part. ~ Andrew Murray
Don’t pray when you feel it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. ~ Corrie Ten Boom
Prayer is the acid test of devotion. ~ Samuel Chadwick
Prayer – secret, fervent, believing prayer – lies at the root of all personal godliness. ~ Williams Carey
My prayer for you today is that you take these Bible verses you just read and do something with them. Too often we just take information in and then move on to the next project or thing. Use these awesome Bible Verses and put them into action by being obedient to what they teach!
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”
Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Would you to get the daily question in your messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
as: Bible Verses, power of prayer, Prayer
Share this post: SU | Reddit | Digg | |
6 Prayers For Your Worship Leaders
Here are six prayers for your worship leaders you might be able to use.
Prayer for God’s Glory
Righteous Father God, I pray for our worship leaders and also those who are leaders in other areas Sunday school and administrative positions, but for now, I ask you to help our worship leaders focus on what You desire and that is that You be glorified in our worship services as we worship You.
I pray we worship You in spirit and in truth (John 4:24) so we can bring glory to You through our praises and thanksgivings.
Please help your Spirit enable those who lead our worship services to seek to give You the credit for all we do and to help us focus on Your desire to be glorified and in His name we pray to seek more glorify for this, Jesus Christ, amen.
Prayer for Faithfulness
Holy Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness given to us in Your own Word. These hold great and precious promises that we can cling too.
It is only by Your Word that we know we can trust Your faithfulness, so help us and our worship leaders stay faithful to You and to Your Word so that we can be empowered to live a life that is more pleasing to You.
When we worship together, help us, as the body, and those who are leaders, stayed focused on glorifying You and in being faithful to what is revealed in Your written Word, the Bible. May we all be faithful to its teachings and for the glory of the name by which we pray, Jesus Christ, amen.
Prayer for Godly Wisdom
Father God, You are full of wisdom and truth, so help those of us who lack wisdom be given the wisdom that comes from above (James 1:5). Our own ways are not safe Lord. We know that what we think is right is often just the opposite of what You desire.
Father, give our worship leaders the wisdom that only comes from You and that this godly wisdom would help them know how to apply biblical principles in a way that shows love, kindness, patience, but also discipline, when needed.
Sometimes it is difficult to know what to do, so help them to know the way that You would choose and to follow those things taught from Scripture as the final word on authority, and to fear Your Word. The beginning of wisdom is the fear of You oh Lord, and in Christ Jesus’ holy name I pray, amen.
Prayer for Humility
God our Father, You know our hearts and that they can easily deceive us (Jer 17:9), and we don’t always realize that we are taking credit for things that You have done and not we.
I know I have done this before so please forgive me for when I have, and perhaps, for the time I do it again, but help those worship leaders in our church understand that You will resist anyone that is full of pride (James 4:6), and that Your grace is water; it always flows downhill to the lowly, the meek, the humble, and broken in spirit. We have nothing that we did not receive from You God, so what could we ever boast about (1st Cor 4:7)? Help me, help our church, and help our church leaders remain small in our own eyes and to recognize the danger of exalting ourselves which could bring a great fall from grace; so I pray for these things for Your glory and for the glory of Jesus Christ’s name, amen.
Prayer for Purity
Righteous God, I know Your desire is that we live holy lives that are pleasing to You. Not sinless lives, but give us help to sin less by Your Spirit so that we can be salt and light to others who need this image of Jesus Christ so that they might be drawn to Him.
Help, by Your Spirit, our worship leaders to be able to lead diligent lives that remain above reproach and help them to avoid those things in the world that tempt. We know the enemy has a mark on the leadership of the church, but also on their families.I pray they put on the whole armor of God (Eph 6) every day and keep the pulls of the flesh and the pride of life from overwhelming them Lord.
I ask Your hand to be upon them and their families and to hedge them in from the enemy who seeks to destroy their family, their ministry, and their witness for Jesus Christ and it is in His precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for Peace
Father, there isn’t very much peace in the world today. There is so much violence. In fact, there is no real, true, lasting peace. It comes and it goes, but we thank You God that You give us Your peace. This peace came from Jesus’ own life and death (Rom 5:1), without which we would have no hope of ever having a relationship with You.
I pray for these worship leaders and their families to have the peace of God, which You say surpasses all human understanding (Phil 4:7), and that they are at peace with You but also at peace with their family, which is their first earthly priority.
Father, these worship leaders and their families are often under the microscope of others, so please help the church to not expect them to be perfect, and only human they are, but still, as being those whom He has sovereignly placed as He pleased. It was not our decision Lord, so let us give these worship leaders the respect You say they are worthy of.
So we pray for the worship leaders to live a life of peace in Christ, and we pray in Jesus’ holy name, amen.
Perhaps you could leave a comment and give us one of your own short prayers for worship leaders. I am sure I missed some points that you have thought about that I didn’t, so please include those too. We can never have enough prayers to pray for our church leaders and for their families. Besides, if it blesses them, it blesses the whole church.
Article by Pastor Jack Wellman
54 Powerful Prayer for Pastors and Church Leaders Points
Home Intercession 54 Powerful Prayer for Pastors and Church Leaders Points
Having been involved in ministry for a while now, I know just how stressful shepherding people can be. This is especially true for those who are truly sold out to the cause. A study carried out by Duke Divinity School revealed that the rate of depression among pastors is about double of that of everyone else.
The rate was slightly lower for pastors who were interviewed in person. One could accredit this to the pastors not wanting to burden others with their burdens. This is the way that our pastors are trained in general. https://today.duke.edu/2013/08/clergydepressionnewsrelease
As the body of Christ, we are called to hold each other up. The ones we often turn to and depend on need to know that at the very minimum they can depend on us to lift them up in prayer. Some of the greatest scandals that have rocked the church have been a result of mishaps and misfortunes of leaders.
These people are no deities; they are just as humane as any one of us. Expectations are higher for them, and so are some of the temptations and scrutiny that they face daily. Above that, they also carry additional problem that their flocks are facing at any given time. This is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination.
Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
The scripture above illustrates the key issue here. The enemy’s strategy will always be to target the ones who are in leadership positions. Jesus himself recognised this, as was said in Zechariah 13:7. Our prayers should stand guard over our shepherds. This is what these prayer points are about. As we stand guard over the men and women of God, the Lord will cover all of us.Beyond the pastors, there are various leaders in ministries. These may be standing in official positions or simply functioning in said capacity. We want to lift these servants up to the Lord as well. Every individual who gives their time and effort to the work of the Lord within the church.
Father keep our shepherds in the right place, may we not be scattered. Uphold and uplift their being, their standing and their voice. May they always stand in and rely on you! Guide and keep us oh Lord! We pray over every person that will raise their voice to you on behalf of their pastors and leaders. Bless and keep them oh Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
Day to Day Ministry
2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
- We want to pray that our pastors would be empower by the Holy Spirit in the preaching of the word.
- Give them boldness oh Lord, to speak matters of your heart and not to seek to please man.
- Give our pastors boldness to stand as corrector to the flock. In these times where wickedness goes unchecked in the church. Let our pastors arise.
- Grant our pastors and leaders grace to be encouragers of the body of Christ. Give them wisdom to know what to say!
- May their walk in Christ be filled with patience. May their footsteps bring peace and joy!
- May their walk be blameless before you! Raise them to truly be men and women after your own heart.
Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
- Father we thank you for the gift of stewardship. We thank you for the flocks that you have given pastors to watch over. Grant them grace to lead as you would.
- May the value of the flock be never diminished in their eyes. May they always remember the price that you paid for every single person under their care.
- Grant our leaders grace to remain watchful over themselves, that they may not stray from your will, oh Lord!
50+ Powerful Biblical Prayer Points for Healing for the sick
Hebrews 13:17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
- Lord we come against the blinding spirit of pride and arrogance in our church leaders. May they remain coachable.
- Lord we pray for the body of Christ. Grant us grace to submit to authority of the office that our leaders stand under. Give us wisdom to respect the anointing you have placed on these men and women.
- May our ministries not be a burden for the leaders. Let them be a great source of strength and of joy.
To whom much is given
James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
- Father we thank you for the sacrifice that leadership is. The pray for our leaders today. We pray for preservation for them and for their families.
New pastors and leaders
Jeremiah 3:15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.
- Father in these selfish times, raise selfless shepherds for your people!
- Lord reveal your heart to your people. Raise pastors after your own heart.
- We come against the spirit of arrogance and self-centred aspiration.
- Father remove the spirit of greed that is eating at the heart of our churches today. May our churches be known for being your hand in our communities.
- We pray that you would pull down those who have strayed away from your will, and seeking to profit off the gospel.
Servant Hearted Leadership
1 Peter 5:1-4 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed:
2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;
3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
- Father we pray that our pastors, deacons, elders and all others serving in ministry would never forget the honour that it is to be able to serve your people.
- Raise leaders who are more keen to wash others’ feet than to have their own feet washed.
- May your gospel not be tainted by greed, oh Lord.
- Father, may our leaders be exemplary in all that they do.
- As church leaders, Lord we pray that we always remember that we are stewards of all that is in our hands. Grant us grace to multiply and not to hoard for ourselves.
Strength and Perseverance
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Father we pray for all pastors going through tough periods. Renew their strength.
- May they never forget that they can lean on you. Grant them humility and wisdom to know when they are weary and in need of rest. More than anything, grant them wisdom to seek you in these times.
- We pray that you would raise a solid support system for our leaders. We come against the spirit of loneliness, in Jesus’ name.
- We declare that our pastors will hope in you, oh Lord. They will soar eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Prayer Points for Pastors: Unshakable leadership
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- Father we thank you for the families of church leaders. We thank your for the sacrifices that they also have to make. There is a cost to them as well, as their loved ones serve. Bless them oh Lord!
- We pray for leaders who have sown seed but are yet to see fruit. Give them wisdom to know to wait on you.
- Father let none of our service, as leaders be half-hearted. May we always be fully committed to all we do for you and through you!
- We come against the spirit of envy, and denominationalism. Grant us grace to walk in one accord, in Christ.
Do not be weary
Galatian 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Father we call upon a harvest for every seed sown in evangelism. Wherever the gospel has been shared, let it begin to take root.
- We pray for consistency and persistence in doing your will.
- May your good works never run short of doers, oh Lord. I refuse that the rocks would cry out while I live!!
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- Lord we pray for sustenance and provision for our leaders. May they not be plagued by lack while they serve.
- We pray that their needs would not become gluttonous.
- May their hearts not be filled with worldly desires of gathering possessions and wealth for themselves.
Prayer Points for pastors and church leaders: Do not muzzle
1 Timothy 5:18 For Scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”
- Lord raise us to always be uplifters of leadership.
- May our leaders never have to carry burdens alone.
- Grant us grace to be their providers as they provide for us spiritually.
- May our leaders be known to be yours even by how they spend their resources. Your word says that where our treasure is, is where our heart is. May their hearts be in you always.
The ministry of prayer
Acts 6:2 “But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
- Lord we banish the spirit of prayerlessness among our leaders. May they be men and women of prayer, more than they are doers.
- Let their actions be birthed in the prayer closet.
- We pray for our church prayer meetings to be uplifted.
- Let our church prayer meetings become incubators of your glory.
- We pray for overflow in the miraculous. Overflow in healing, in testimonies from time vested in prayer.
- Our prayer closets will never be neglected.
- Lord may your eternal word be shared relentless among us.
- Bring unity and harmony beyond our religious and denominational divides.
- Bring a prayer revival into our homes, into our workplaces, into our schools and more than ever, into our churches. In Jesus’ name.
We want to take this time to thank you for taking time to pray with us. Let us keep our churches and leaders uplifted through prayer. I remember reading how high the rates of suicide were among pastors. God forbid that this would become acceptable under our watch.
We are stewards even of our words, of our prayers. Let us not be the steward that buried his talent. May your mouth bring forth great things in your sphere, through Christ Jesus! Thanks for using these prayer points for pastors and church leaders.
These prayer points and more can be found on www.prayerrelay.com
Originally posted 2018-03-08 00:58:43.
report this ad