Prayer For Husband On Drugs
2019 Powerful Prayer for My Husband Protection
Skip to content
In the age we are in, the price to make ends meet is high, and for the family man, it is even higher. Your husband wakes up before dawn, is out all day and returns late at night. This is his daily cycle. Many times, he has to rush through his prayers because there is barely time for him to pray.
You, most assuredly, want your husband to succeed and beyond that, you want him to be protected from every form of evil, but you may be clueless on what to pray about.
That can end as there are fifty protection prayers in this post that you can say on your husband’s behalf.
Prayer of Protection for My Husband
Effective prayers for the protection of your husband on daily basis.
1. God of heaven and earth, I entrust the life of my husband in your care. Watch over him and guard every step he takes. Deliver him from the evils of the day and the destruction of the night. Amen.
2. I pray this day, that my husband’s life is hidden with Christ in God. No evil shall befall him; no harm shall come near him.
3. May the protection of the Lord be upon my husband to deliver him from the wiles of the enemy. I declare that the Lord is his shade forever.4. My husband, I pray that you will live long and be satisfied. You will not die an untimely death; the number of your days you will fulfil on earth.
5. I decree that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Every evil gathering together for your sake shall be scattered and the plans of the enemy shall be frustrated.
6. I pray that as my husband goes in and comes out, the Lord will be with him, to protect him in all his ways.
7. In your career, I displace every bad wish against you. Your source of income will not go dry.
8. I declare over my husband that his health is stable. Sickness will not make his body a harbour. My husband is hale and hearty.
9. Dear God, keep my husband from the influence of strange women. My husband will not be enticed into the embrace of the adulteress.
10. I pray for wisdom to always make the right choices for my husband. Help him to be sensitive and be able to discern between the wrong and right people. Help him also to be able to discern between profitable and dubious deals.
Godly Prayer for My Husband’s Protection
Effective Godly Prayers of protection you should pray for your lovely Husband.
11. For my husband, I pray this day, that the Lord will protect him from the evil one.
12. Help my husband, Lord, to be able to withstand the antics of the deceiver. He won’t fall prey in the hands of the enemy.
13. I pray that my husband’s ears will always be open to hearing when the Lord leads him away from trouble.14. Keep my husband strong. Let him not fall under the weights and pressures of this world.
15. Help my husband to continually be strengthened and encouraged in you, Lord.
16. When things seem to be not working, keep my husband from losing his mind. Instead, help him to trust You who is able to do all things in and for him.
17. Oh Lord, keep my husband as the apple of your eyes. He is your anointed, do not let anyone touch him for evil.
18. Lord, please spread your protection over my husband. Watch over him day and night.
19. Guard my husband in his going in and coming out. Don’t let the arrows of destruction hit him.
20. Protect my husband from maligning fellows, backbiters, envious people and the wicked ones.
21. Lord, I ask on my husband’s behalf, that you will deliver him from all his troubles. Help him to always know that you are near him.
Best Prayer for My Husband’s Protection
The best Godly Prayers of protection you should pray for your lovely Husband
22. I pray for my husband, when he walks through the fire, he will not be burned; the waters of life will not drown him. No matter what he has to go through, he will always come out unscathed.
23. I ask for my husband’s sake, that his physical strength and natural force will not go dim. He will continually be strong.
24. Lord, watch over my husband and be his ever-present help in troubling situations.25. I bring my husband’s work under your cover. Oh Lord, build a hedge around my husband’s career.
26. When a disaster is passing, I pray that you will hide my husband in the shadow of your wings.
27. Be my husband’s refuge and fortress, to guard him from those who seek his hurt.
28. Set an unparalleled watch over and around my husband’s health. His bones will not go weak; his body organs will not cease to function.
29. I pray that at every point my husband is emotionally down, he will find succour in you. He won’t lose his mind. Instead, help him to stay joyful through his challenging times.
30. I ask, oh Lord, that my husband will not lose the love of our children. Help him to stay in constant connection with them.
Prayer Messages for My Husband’s Protection
Messages of Protection prayers for your Husband.
31. When my husband walks unknowingly in the midst of trouble, preserve his life. With your right hand, save him.
32. Oh Lord, I pray that you will stretch out your hand against those who plot ways to make my husband trip and fall. Keep him safe from the wish of the wicked and violent one.
33. Trials do come but do not let my husband be crushed by them. In the midst of despair, do not let him be downtrodden.34. I pray that the activities of caterpillars, locusts and cankerworms will cease in my husband’s life. I pray that his finances will not be tampered with.
35. Let no harm catch up with or overtake my husband. Rescue him at all times.
36. Keep my husband from making wrong choices. Help him to discern between the right and the wrong at all times when making choices in his relationship, career, finances, issues that concern his health and our family.
37. In times of trouble, keep my husband’s faith from failing. Let his soul continually find encourages in you.
38. Keep my husband’s body from illnesses. Shield him from ailments. Let him find strength in you always.
39. Lord, protect and preserve my husband. Do not give him over to the wish of the wicked ones.
40. Sustain my husband, Lord, and keep his heart from fear and worry.
God’s Protection prayers Over My Husband
Pray these God’s Protection Prayers over your Husband for safety.
41. I pray that my husband will never lose hope and faith in you. Help him to always keep his body and soul together.
42. Uphold my husband. Don’t let him ever feel discouraged. Guard his heart from anxiety and evil thoughts.
43. Strengthen my husband, Lord. Keep his heart from fear and dismay at all times.
44. Lord, keep my husband from shame. Don’t let the enemy rejoice over him.
45. Help my husband to always remember your promise: to preserve and keep him from falling.46. Father, preserve my husband so that he will grow so old to see our children’s children even to the fourth generation as you have promised.
47. Dear God, protect my husband from all forms of accidents: road, air, home accidents. Cover every means by which he transports himself from one place to another.
48. Shield my husband’s body from a terminal and non-terminal diseases. Knock them off before they even call at his body.
49. Protect my husband from the fiery darts of the wicked ones. Do not let their gathering over his life stand.
50. I pray that my husband’s trust in you will not die. Help him to know that you are always with him no matter what comes his way.
- Written By Ajiki Christiana.
Prayer for my Husband on His Birthday
Prayer for my husband on his birthday – Dear husband, on this special day of yours, I pray for you that you will be special and be greater than you are in the last one year. You light will shine so bright and you will be that special man that God wants you to be. You will become greater than last year and all you lay your hands on will prosper. Happy birthday to you, my one and only.
Amazing prayer for my husband on this birthday
2. I pray from this moment henceforth that you will find enough power in your heart to love God. I am sure he will give you all the strength you need to love him and this birthday is another opportunity for you to be thankful for his grace over your life and to love him with everything you’ve got. Happy birthday to you my husband, many happy returns.
Special prayer for my husband on his birthday
3. Open your eyes to the truth of the word of God and see what he has in his books for you. He will cover you with his blood and raise you high among your equals.
He will support you every day in every way and he will make sure lines fall in beautiful places for you. Rejoice in the lord today because it is the day the lord has made.
Happy birthday to you darling husband. Rise and shine.
Spiritual prayer for my husband on his birthday
4. Remember that you owe him all your thanks today, and he is sure to add to your years on earth. Remember that today is just not about dancing, wining and dining, but also to appreciate the goodness of the almighty in all areas of your existence. Happy birthday dear husband. Continue to shine in God, your tomorrow will be better than today, I’m sure.
5. I pray that God will continue to give you the desire to please him.
I pray that he grants you the endurance to complete the life journey that you have started, I pray that God wraps you in eternal glory when he comes to take us away to his kingdom.
I pray that you will be a better man and role model for your children. Happy birthday darling, the blessings of God will never depart from you.6. You are an amazing man who has shown his amazing self in amazing ways. You are truly different and special. You have shown yourself as being capable enough to deal with my erratic self sometimes.
You promised me for better for worse and you are trying everything within your power to make sure you fulfill that promise. You are truly great and special and I celebrate you on this special day.
Happy birthday my husband and my sugar daddy.
7. Dear God, thank you for your goodness, mercy and grace over my family. Thank you for the opportunity you’ve given us to see another amazing year. It has been you and you alone. You are so awesome in this place.
Thanks for all the love you have shown my husband and family. Today is another remembrance of how far you have taken us and how far you will still take us. Bless my husband and my family and let us gather together again next year for thanksgiving.
Happy darling to my sweet husband, may you be richly blessed in everything.
8. God has given you the wisdom to lead according to what has been instructed in the bible, and lead you have. Oh, dear husband. May God continue to bless you and give you the knowledge and understanding to lead aright. May you be better than the last year and may you be filled with the spirit of God that shows you are his child. Dance and be merry darling, it’s your day.
9. I have never had any cause to regret this marriage. You have given me the bliss I so crave for and you have shown that you are truly capable to take charge. I appreciate your efforts over this family and I pray for the grace of God on you to continually lead aright. You are truly blessed on this day darling. Happy birthday to you my super-duper husband.
10. You are the best person in this world. The most precious gift of God to me. I will always love and I promise to stand by you through thick and thin.
I have seen you at your worst and I am beginning to see you at your best. I know that great things are still on the way and I await the full manifestation of the glory of God in your life.Continue to rise and rise darling, God is with you already. Happy birthday to my King.
11. You are complete in every sense of the way. When God said he would send me a man so special and divine, I never knew it was you until you came my way. Thanks for being so gracious and special.
Thanks for believing in me and seeing me worthy of being your wife. Thanks for going on this life journey with me. I would forever appreciate, love and respect you my darling King. Happy birthday to you dear husband.
God is with you already. Cheers!
12. After my last heartbreak, I concluded people with a heart of gold are not in this world. But not until you came my way and showed me you are still here in this world.
You swept me off my feet with your understanding, considerate and caring nature, and you made me believe in love again. Thanks for being my sunshine in all the rain and for making me see LOVE for all it is.
Happy birthday to you dear husband. Rise and shine.
13. I feel so grateful to have found my love so great, true and special. I am so happy to be here with you today, by your side, as your wife. I am so lucky to have you as my prince charming and indeed I thank the almighty God for bringing you my way and making you mine forever. I celebrate this amazing day with you and I wish you all the goodness of God forever. Happy birthday darling.
31 Ways I Pray For My Husband
My 3-year-old daughter prays for her husband every single day. She is always talking about her wedding and even gets on one knee to propose to her dad (and to me!). Her little face lights up with the question: Will you marry me?
She’s so absolutely adorable, and it provides for many teaching moments about how marriage and family works. This stage of “I want to marry my dad” and “I want to grow up to be mom so I can marry dad” is a new and bittersweet experience because I was a single mom when Elisha and Elyssa were this age and they didn’t have a father figure.
So although praying for my husband is something I already do on a regular basis, my Little Pige has inspired me to pray for him more earnestly, and to say prayers that will bless him in every area of his life. I want my marriage to always be strong and I want us to grow closer together and to enjoy one another.
Whenever I pray for him, I develop a thankful heart toward him and I am more able to see his support, his patience, and his willing heart. Whenever I pray for him, he changes, because I change the way I see him. As Dr. Wayne Dyer used to say: “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.“
So this month, I challenged myself to pray for my husband all month in a specific way. It’s not too late for you to join me in the challenge. If you can squeeze in five more minutes, I encourage you to also journal about the experience.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 1
I pray that my husband will grow spiritually, discover and multiply his gifts and talents, and pursue daily rituals that will help him cultivate his divine nature, purpose, and identity.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 2
I pray that my husband will increase in knowledge, great wisdom, understanding, perspective, and insight. I pray that he keeps a sober mind so he can make wise decisions that bring him happiness and peace.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 3
I pray that my husband will be quick to recognize paths that don’t serve him and humble and teachable enough to switch to be in alignment with the right course.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 4
I pray that my husband will develop his leadership skills, so he can be a successful man, husband, and father, and can be a source of protection, guidance, and provision for everyone in his stewardship.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 5
I pray that my husband will have the courage to safeguard his heart and honor his wedding vows. I pray that he is unmovable in his commitment, loyalty, and fidelity to our relationship.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 6
I pray that my husband will stand for what is right, act with integrity, and stay true to his standards. I pray that he will have the strength to speak up, with firmness and clarity, and that his words will inspire others to respect his convictions, his beliefs, and his faith.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 7
I pray that my husband will serve people cheerfully and from his heart. I pray that he is generous, loving, respectful, compassionate, empathetic, and comes to each interaction with pure motives.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 8
I pray that my husband will be diligent, honest, and enthusiastic in his responsibilities. I pray that he is blessed with the skills, knowledge, and attributes that will help him prosper and find enjoyment and fulfillment in each task he performs.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 9
I pray that my husband’s mind will be illuminated with discernment to priorities in his life. I pray that he has the bravery to forsake any distractions that may be sabotaging his ability to achieve what he desires.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 10
I pray that my husband will be safe and free from harm and danger. I pray he is watchful in every step he takes.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 11
I pray that my husband finds physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual strength, as well as perspective in hardships, challenges, and persistent issues he may face. I pray he has an increasing capacity to access his inner power, so he will not be discouraged, not fear, or dismay.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 12
I pray that my husband will actively seek to understand the ways I receive love and to clearly express the ways he wants me to love him. I pray we can foster an atmosphere of genuine intimacy and continue to pursue each other with respect, admiration, and the magic of romance.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 13
I pray that my husband will speak words that build himself and those around him. I pray that he strives to purify his thoughts and that he is able to eloquently and lovingly communicate them.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 14
I pray that my husband will be an example to others who cross his path. That his life would be a reflection of who his Heavenly Father wants him to be, and that he can impact our posterity in a positive way.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 15
I pray that my husband is surrounded by godly men that he can mentor and can mentor him. I pray that he will be a good influence and be influenced only by goodness. I pray that his friendships are strong and carefully chosen, and they can bring growth and joy into his life.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 16
I pray that my husband will choose healthy, holy, and honorable activities that he is passionate about. I pray that he experiences freedom, temperance, and self-mastery in all of his personal habits.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 17
I pray that my husband will be quick to forgive himself for his mistakes and can reconcile with those he has wronged. I pray he can humbly learn from each experience, so he can move forward in a positive direction.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 18
I pray that my husband will discover and follow his God-given purpose. I pray that he can wake up excited to live a life he loves every day.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 19
I pray that my husband will be blessed with mindfulness, balance, and peace. I pray that he can cultivate a calm attitude, and harness his emotions in a healthy and purposeful way.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 20
I pray that my husband feels loved, respected, trusted, honored, and appreciated. I pray that he is able to see each gesture, each word, and each act of service as a gift to him and to be open to receive it fully and with gratitude.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 21
I pray that my husband can be clothed with confidence. I pray that he smiles and laughs each day. I pray that his light can be contagious so others can be uplifted by his joy.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 22
I pray that my husband can have dreams, goals, and aspirations for his future. I pray he can feel deserving of life in abundance and that his steps can be directed toward the prosperity God has in store for him.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 23
I pray that my husband will be a loving, caring, and affectionate father who will guide his kids and teach them with light and truth. I pray that he can discipline them with gentleness, boldness, and in unity with me.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 24
I pray that my husband can manage finances with discernment and wisdom. I pray that he will be a self-reliant steward and a visionary partner with regard to money, and that he will keep an eternal perspective in temporal matters.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 25
I pray that my husband will be focused on unity and will be relentless in his pursuit of oneness with me and our daughters. I pray for agreement, clarity, and compromise in all our family meetings.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 26
I pray that my husband will be strengthened in his fears, doubts, inadequacies, worries, and insecurities. I pray that he is empowered and enabled to withstand pressure, and that he is equipped to be mentally stable during struggling, overwhelming or stressful times.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 27
I pray that my husband is diligent in taking care of his body, and in maintaining his own welfare, wellbeing, and holistic health. I pray for healing, endurance, and patience with any disease, or discomfort that he may experience.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 28
I pray that my husband treats every live being with empathy, kindness and respect. I pray that he can see each person as a son or daughter of his Heavenly Father, and embrace and celebrate their uniqueness.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 29
I pray that my husband has faith that everything will work together for his good and to acknowledge God’s Hand in everything that happens in his life.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 30
I pray that my husband can humbly forgive when he feels wronged. I pray he can let go of bitterness, resentment, and unresolved conflicts that burden him. I pray that he can be held, healed, and restored in his brokenness and unsettled pain.
Praying for my Husband ~ Day 31
I pray for my husband’s weaknesses. I pray that he can become self-aware and continues to pray for strength and to work on himself. I pray that he can use his weaknesses to grow closer to his Heavenly Father and fortify his testimony.
I am grateful that my daughter taught me this lesson in praying for my husband. It’s already been an enlightening experience as I see my will yield, my expectations grounded, and my emotions settled.
You can start the “praying for my husband challenge” any day of the month, and do it at your own pace. The last thing I want is for us to have yet another thing we’re going to beat ourselves up about. Just pick it back up and start when you left off.
Do you pray for your husband or say daily affirmations about him? I’d love to hear how you believe that your positive words and intentions can transform our marriage.
© Elayna Fernández ~ The Positive MOM
Prayers For Husband | 13 Bible Verses to Pray Over Your Husband
Saying prayers for husband can be a powerful instrument that can guide your man on all areas of his life. For those of us who are believers, we know this to be true: there is power in the Word of God.
We pray because we know we will be guided in dealing with the daily challenges of our lives. We also offer the same prayers for our husbands and other loved ones. Learn these prayers for husbands in this post.
The Power Of Praying
Recently, I was reminded of this when I read an Instagram post that spoke about using the Word of God to pray over our children (stay tuned for that in the coming weeks). I wept when I read those words. Somewhere along the way, I forgot about the power that comes from praying the Word of God for the people I love.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. (Deuteronomy 28:13)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
I was reminded that not only can I look at the Word for direction on how to pray when it comes to my own life and my family as a whole but also for each of the individual members that fill it. It’s not only I can pray for them but also I can pray over them.
My Mom’s Weapon Of Choice
My mother’s email address is armed4warfare. I always cringed when she would give this address to someone. Is the lady at Macy’s going to think she is some militant woman ready to do combat? But, the thing is, my mom made it with spiritual warfare in mind. My mom is a warrior, and God uses her in mighty ways when she goes before Him in prayer. Her weapon of choice? God’s words!
A Deeper Look At God’s Words
And, while the manner in which I pray may be different, God can still use me to bless and minister on my own family. Not only has this encouraged me to step up my prayer game but it also has encouraged me to take a deeper look at God’s word. After stumbling upon a post that shared Bible verses to pray over your husband, I felt compelled to share some of them with you.
I have heard so many women speak to the fact that we are tired of fighting for our marriages and families. We have grown weary, but maybe we are doing it – fighting all wrong? Perhaps our prayers need to change from Lord please help my husband not be so stubborn to Lord please help my husband continue to lead our family, help us to live in a way that will glorify you.
Over the next few weeks, as I take a closer look at the Word particularly when it comes to incorporating scripture into my prayers, I will share Bible verses that we can pray over our husbands, wives, and children. If you know of some additional ones, please leave them in the comments. My prayer is we will see God move in our marriages and our families as a whole as we put Him first and seek Him in all things.
13 Prayers For Husband Bible Verses
Take a look at these 13 Bible verses to pray over your husband:
1. How To Love Your Wife
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So, husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.”
~ Ephesians 5:25-29 (NKJV)
2. Walking In Unity
“I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love …” ~ Ephesians 4:1-2 (NKJV)
“And this I pray that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and withfense till the day of Christ …” ~ Philippians 1:9-10 (NKJV)
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” ~ Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”
~ Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)
6. Strength And Protection
“The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped. Therefore, my heart greatly rejoices. And with my song, I will praise Him.” ~ Psalm 28:7 (NKJV)
7. The Company He Keeps
“He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.” ~ Proverbs 13:20 (NKJV)
“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man, but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV)
“Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings. He will not stand before unknown men.” ~ Proverbs 22:29 (NKJV)
“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” ~ 3 John 1:2 (NKJV)
11. Fear And Stress
“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” ~ Psalm 118:6 (NKJV)
“The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility.” ~ Proverbs 15:33 (NKJV)
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:19 (NKJV)
For more about prayers for husband, watch this video prayer from DailyEffectivePrayer:
Special thanks to my mom and bonus to my dad for helping me find prayers for husband scriptures. These are just a handful of ones we wives can use to help us as we bring our husbands to the Lord in prayer. They will make you feel secure and safe for your husband’s welfare. Start praying for your husband using these verses, and be at ease all the time!
What are some Bible verses you use to pray over your spouse? Share them in the comments section!
Up Next: Bible Verses to Pray Over Your Wives (I’m looking at you husbands!), and later: Bible Verses to Pray Over Your Children
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on November 11, 2013, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Click Here to Join our FREE 5-Day Spiritual Intimacy Challenge
5 Powerful Prayers Every Wife Needs to Pray over Her Husband
Praising God and praying His will for your spouse is guaranteed to be your most rewarding work as his wife. With these five powerful prayers, you will be arming your marriage with God’s Word and investing in his role as your spiritual leader.
Satisfaction in God Alone
I praise You, the God of all wisdom for husbands. Thank You, God, for knowing the longings of my husband’s heart far better than I do. You know why he hungers for ______ and ______. You know how these yearnings affect his decisions and how those decisions affect our marriage.
You are the God who satisfies the longing soul. You fill the hungry soul with good things. Here is _____’s heart and soul, Lord. I lift him up to You and ask You to fill him with the good You know He needs (Psalm 107:9; Matthew 6:8).
The world offers _____ so many things to temporarily satisfy his needs. Temptations abound, but You are his shield and his defender. Please train him to resist the devil (Psalm 28:7; Psalm 59:9; James 4:7).I celebrate that You triumph over every one of Satan’s schemes and the scars he has left on my husband’s heart. You are Jehovah Rapha, _____’s Healer. You are the restorer of his soul. Let the balm of Your perfect love and mercy touch the brokenness of his heart (Genesis 50:20; Exodus 15:26; Psalm 23:3; Jeremiah 17:14).
You joined Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace, and when they came out unharmed, they didn’t even smell smoke. Use their courage to inspire ____ to fear You only. I trust You to give him rest and satisfaction while protecting him from harm (Daniel 3:8–30; Proverbs 19:23).
A Man of Your Word
Father, Your Word amazes me. The world is looking for the next “perfect” solution to their problems, and You are always offering it through Your Word. You sent Your Word to deliver, nourish, and counsel us. My heart’s desire is for ______ to feast on Your Word and find It immensely satisfying (Psalm 107:20; Proverbs 3:8; Psalm 119:24; 103).
With Your Word as His source of wisdom, I will rest secure in his leadership of our home. I trust Your Word to fill ____ with the insight he will need for our relationship, his work, and so much more (Ephesians 1:8,17; James 1:5).
Your Word will unite his heart to Yours. His oneness with You will lead his pursuit of oneness with me. Your ways will become His ways. Your faithfulness to me will become His faithfulness to me (1 Corinthians 6:17; Mark 10:8; Galatians 5:23).
Send him an abundance of confidants whose faith in You is bold and courageous. Let them be men who do not lean on their own understanding, but always acknowledge You and Your Word (Psalm 119:63; Proverbs 28:1; 3:5–6).
Humility: The Courage to Admit His Need of God
Thank You, Father for the gift of Jesus and His perfect example of humility. Jesus displayed His love for us with great humility and submissiveness to You. He denied Himself the comforts of heaven to save us. He chose to experience temptations, mockery, rejection, and even death. He rated our needs higher than His own.
You require _______ to love me as Christ loved the church. With great love for ____, I’m asking You to empower him to do this (Ephesians 5:25).
You know the pressure _____ feels to be successful and strong. You know how he is influenced to be self-reliant. You understand his fears and insecurities. He is simply human and at risk of denying his need for You, God. I do not want to see him destroy his life or our marriage because of pride (Proverbs 18:12).I bring ____ to You, the river of life, and ask You to anoint him with a supernatural portion of Christ’s humility. With it he will be a ready recipient of Your grace. He will be free to boast about his weaknesses to You and wait for You to satisfy his needs with Your strength (Psalm 36:8; James 4:6; 2 Corinthians 11:30, 12:9–10).
You’ve promised that humility is rewarded with riches, honor, and life. Those are gifts I want for my husband, Lord. Help him to let go of any pride and false humility so that he can enjoy the abundant life Jesus died to give him (Proverbs 22:4; John 10:10).
Your Praise on His Lips
There is no one who compares to You, Lord. You are worthy of our spellbound attention (1 Samuel 2:2; Psalm 16:8).
Give ______ eyes to see that You deserve the highest praise. Let him personally experience Your grandeur and strength. Let him live with great conviction that Jesus has authority over all things on earth and in the spiritual realm (Psalm 145:3; Ephesians 1:22).
You inhabit the praises of Your people, and I want ____ to enjoy the comfort and power of Your presence every moment. So, Father, please grant him an irrevocable gift of praising You. Let Your Spirit continually offer up a sacrifice of praise through _____ so that his lips always acknowledge Your name (Psalm 22:3; Philippians 2:10; Hebrews 13:15)
Teach him to praise You in his lowest moments. Train him to exalt Your name during the trials and before the victories.
Let his faith in You lead him courageously into our own promised land despite the ominous giants of fear and doubt.
Use the psalmists to mentor him in lifting His head to praise Your faithfulness despite his present burdens (1 Corinthians 15:57; 2 Chronicles 20; Numbers 13–14; Psalm 43:5).
Transform His Wife
You have promised _____ that a wife is a good gift from you. I want to be an excellent wife to my husband, one who consistently brings him honor (Proverbs 18:22, 12:4).
You know every one of my weaknesses and how they are impacting my role as ____’s helpmate. Lead me, Lord, to recognize the ungodliness hiding in my will, my expectations, and how I express my emotions.
I want to surrender them to You for healing.
Show me where I am investing my attention in things that will deteriorate my relationship with _____ (2 Corinthians 12:9–10; Luke 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:18; Ephesians 1:8,17).Let the power of Your Word transform my motives. Coach me relentlessly to be a wife who respects her husband in word and deed. Cause Your tenderness, gentleness, kindness, and humility to become my own (Romans 12:2; Ephesians 5:22–24; Colossians 3:12).
I want to be a content wife who does not harass my husband with quarrels and fretfulness. Please use me to create a peaceful home for him. Use me to encourage him, bear his burdens, and reflect Your extravagant love for him (Hebrews 13:5; Philippians 4:11–12; 2 Thessalonians 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Galatians 6:2; Ephesians 3:18–19).
May our souls feast on only on You (Psalm 63:5).
I pray these things with complete confidence in Jesus and Your Spirit at work in our marriage. Amen.
Jennifer O. White is the author of Prayers for New Brides: Putting on God’s Armor After the Wedding Dress and Marriage Armor for the #PrayingBride. Jennifer is a natural encourager who offers hope from the truths of God’s Word at her blog, Prayerfully Speaking. With every blog post, Jennifer is exalts the one true God who can empower us to do more than we can a
Ready to see your marriage transformed? Join the 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Your Husband! Each day you will spend a short time praying a very specific prayer need over your husband and you will begin to see how prayer changes lives!
Your words have power in your husbands life to transform his attitude and spirit. Use these words of encouragement to speak life into your marriage and home — 44 Words of Encouragement and Affirmation for Men.