Prayer For Focus And Guidance
Powerful Prayers for Guidance and Protection [Quotes & Verses]
God is always there for us, even when we doubt and falter. Praying for guidance can help you find your path again and we can help you deliver your prayers to one of the holiest places in the world, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Experience the change that truly powerful prayers can make in your life and allow the Church’s religious order to pray for you, using your chosen prayer. On this page, you’ll find prayers for guidance, which we will personally deliver to the church.
You will receive photos of your prayer request and candle as proof that your prayer was taken to the Church and prayed on your behalf.
We can all use a little extra guidance and those who follow the Lord know that it is best to put your faith in him. Allowing God to guide every step in your life will only result in a better life and one that serves Him. Take the time to go over these prayers and to pray them with all your heart.
God is more than willing to give us a helping hand whenever we need it. All we have to do is ask. It’s the asking that often dissuades people, as they’re not sure if He will hear them or if they should really ask.
Remember that God is immortal and all powerful and He wants you to follow His path, which means he will happily give you some directions and guidance. All you have to do is remain open to the guidance He provides. In some cases, it’s not what you expect or even want, but it is different from anything you anticipated.In these cases, it’s important to realize that it is God’s will and His plan for you is going forward.
Use these prayers when you really need help and guidance. When you find yourself struggling to make sense of things or if you are in need of a light to show you which way to go. He will always respond.
Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE AND WISDOM
Lord God, in this moment of distress and uncertainty, I ask for Your wisdom and guidance to shine down on me. Help me to understand what Your plan is for my life and how to make it happen. God, I ask You to give me peace as I move forward in this world. Amen.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE AND STRENGTH
In the Lord’s Name, I pray for this brother/sister and ask that You, God, guide them in the way they should go.
Do not abandon them in their time of need and aid them as they struggle to do Your will and to follow Your directions. Give him/her a direction to go in and strengthen their resolve in You.
Lord, fill his/her heart with peace and joy and give him/her strength and courage to do Your will. In Your Name we trust, Amen.
PRAYERS FOR GUIDANCE IN DECISION MAKING
Dear God, we come before you today to give thanks for Your everlasting love and to ask for your guidance in this great decision that must be made. Lord, help us to understand what You want in this situation and aid us in executing Your will. Help us realize that this decision is in Your hands, even if we are uncertain. In Your name we trust, Amen.
PRAYER FOR DIRECTION AND CLARITY
O Lord, in this difficult time, I am on my knees before You, asking for your guidance. Wash away the world from my eyes, Lord, and make me Your vessel. Give me a sign that I may know where to go and what to do to fully honor You, God. I ask this of You, as Your humble servant. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE AND PROTECTION
Dear Father in Heaven, I come to You in my time of need, to beg for Your protection and Your guidance in my life. Please help me see Your hand in this situation and give me peace, even when I am unworthy. O Lord, I need Your protective shield over me and my family and I ask that you give me the sense of calmness as I follow Your path. Amen.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE AT WORK
Lord Jesus, today we ask that you give our brother/sister the wisdom to know what to do in this difficult work situation.
As he/she continues to follow You, Lord, please give her/him the guidance necessary to make the right decisions that will honor You. As a light in this dark world, he/she is in great need of Your heavenly touch right now.
Thank You for all that You have done for us and given us and we pray that we may pass the light to the next generation. In You we trust, Amen.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE IN A RELATIONSHIP
Dear God, we come to you with humble and broken hearts, asking for forgiveness and begging for your guidance in our relationship. We wish to serve You, Lord, both in our relationship and outside it.
Please give us the guidance to deal kindly with one another, to always treat each other with love and respect, even as You have treated us with love and respect.
We ask that You give us the patience to put up with each other and the wisdom to guide one another in Your ways. Amen.
PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE IN THE CHURCH
Our Father in Heaven, we ask that you protect this church and every member within it. Whether we are together or far apart, Lord, keep Your healing hand upon us and guide us in Your ways.
As we gather together each week, bless our services and lay Your mighty hands on our pastor, that he might bring Your words to our ears. Thank you, Lord, for all You have done for us.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them.
For that is what God is . He is our God forever and ever, and he will guide us until we die.
Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
Prayer for Guidance – Prayer for Strength and Guidance
As Christians, we need to put God first in everything that we do. We need to communicate not only our gratitude but also ask for guidance as we go through our day. we can do this by saying a prayer for guidance. In this prayer, we ask our Heavenly Father to help us choose the right path as we go through our day. Some great prayers for this are:
Prayer for Protection and Guidance
“Heavenly Father, thank you for all your blessings. Thank you for your forgiveness. Please forgive my sins and guide me in my walk with you.
Father, please shield me and my loved ones from all types of harm. Please listen to me when I ask you to guard us from evils and injustice.
Lord, please let Christ be in our hearts, thoughts, & actions. Please guide my heart and actions to be Christ.
Father, please grant me peace of mind and stop my worries lead my faith in you to quiet my anxiety. Please let those who speak of me speak with Christ in their hearts. Lord, please let those who hear, see, or come in to contact with me do so with Christ in their hearts.
I love you and I am sorry for my sins, my failings, and my time apart from you. Father, I love you and am humbled by your love of me. Lord, please guard and guide me through my struggles, insecurities, anxiety, faith, life, and work. I am yours my lord and I am in urgent need of you.
Father, thank you for the gift of eternal life. Forever yours with mind, body, and soul. Amen.”
Prayer for Strength and Guidance
“Heavenly Father, thank You that You have assured to guide me always, not just when I am up and on the move, but always. On this day I lean hard on that promise.
I pray that You to continue to show me the path to follow, step by step. Lord, sometimes I feel a heavily scorched land. Father, yet You promise to meet my needs even there. Today I accept I need You.
My worship of You has been wanting and I ask for Your forgiveness.
Father, I am thirsty and I look to You to give me emotional strength, spiritual insight, and physical stamina when things around me seem to be drying up. Thank You, Father, that Your gentle care covers all of me.
Help me to depend on that care today and to thank You for it! Thank You, that You are my anchor. Father, help me to praise You with awe and wonder as I trust in Your love for me. I pray this in the mighty Name of Jesus.
Prayer for Guidance
Prayer for Help and Guidance
“Loving Father, I am calling on you this day foryour divine guidance and help. I am in troubleand need a helping hand to keep me on theright and just path. Lord, my heart is troubled but I willendeavor to keep it set on you, as your infinite wisdomwill show me the right path to a just and right solution. Thank you for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side.
Prayer for Guidance and Wisdom
“Blessed Father, in the Name of Jesus, I accept that as a believer, my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. My recognition of Your presence on a daily basis makes my faith in You effective. I believe that You, blessed Father, are leading and guiding me by the Holy Spirit through my spirit, and illuminating my mind.
Father, as I surrender to the Holy Spirit, I believe that my steps are commanded by You, LORD.
I commit and trust myself fully to Your guidance, expecting You to make my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will, so my plans will be established and succeed.
I trust in You, Father, with all my heart and depend not on my own understanding. As I acknowledge You, You direct me in paths of righteousness.Lord, I admit that as I become more God- minded, I can more easily acknowledge the inward witness of the Holy Spirit. I hear the voice of the Good Shepherd, and a stranger’s voice I will not follow. I am aware that my spirit is the candle of God.
Father, I meditate on the Word day and night, not letting it depart from my mouth. I test my inward witness with the Word, for the Spirit and the Word agree. Lord, I am quick to act on the Word, as well as the prompting of my spirit. I am not a listener only, but also a doer. Therefore, I am blessed in all my deeds. Amen.”
Prayer for Work Guidance
“Loving Father, Open my eyes so I may see where you would lead me. Focus my ears that I would hear your voice guiding me. Sharpen my mind that I may understand your love for me.
lighten my heart that I would offer grace to those I meet.Guide my feet that I would tread upon your kingdom paths. Protect my heart from the selfishness, that I would give freely.
Inspire my words that I may speak of hope and healing.O Lord, I follow you.
Prayer to the Holy Spirit for Guidance
“Loving Lord, I ask you would move the Spirit more boldly in my life. I know that any sin can hurt and diminish the voice of the Spirit, and I pray against the temptation of sin.
Father, help me desire your presence more than I crave sin. Help me develop in the fruit of the Spirit and hence walk closer with Yourself.
I pray for guidance from your Spirit, let your will and promises always be a meditation of my heart. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
Prayer for Forgiveness and Guidance
“Mighty Lord, I am lost at this moment in my life. I have gone down the wrong path and am having a difficult time getting back to where I need to be. Lord, I want to do the correct thing and keep true to myself but it’s hard to beat the demons that have pulled me back down.
I need the Lord to help get back on the right path and to stay away from this destructive life and the people that keep pulling me down. Father, I know I am the only one to blame for my actions. But if the Lord will just once again grant me the courage, strength, and will to walk a path I can make it through.
I am asking for the forgiveness and the help to get me past this hill I am unable to climb! Amen.”
Prayer for Guidance Catholic
“Blessed Jesus, may all I do begin with You, continue with Your aid, and be accomplished through Your guidance. May my sharing in the Mass free me from my sins, and make me deserving of Your healing. May I grow in Your Love and Your service, and become a pleasing offering to You; and with You to Your Father. May the mystery I celebrate help me
to reach eternal life with you. Amen.”
Prayer for Family Protection and Guidance
“Blessed Lord, I ask for protection and guidance for my family, friends, and myself. There are a lot of problems and illnesses that affect people every day. God, I pray for those who are affected by them. But, I wish for protection and guidance from those problems and diseases because everyone deserves to live happy and peaceful.
I may struggle with some issues personal with myself but I pray that everyone else stays good from any problems mental, psychically, emotionally, and spiritually. Father, I believe that everyone has a purpose on this earth and I want everyone to fulfill that purpose and to live happy doing it.
Lord, I also want to pray for forgiveness on my behalf. I have honestly been ungrateful, dishonest, disobedient, and unfaithful to you Lord. Father, I miss-used you and I want to humbly apologize for that. I pray that you will forgive me and help me improve the way I’ve been living, and live comfortably, happy, and healthy.
Father, You have given me so many Chances and I failed you again. I’m trying to stay on track and stay focused but there are things that distract me from my duties. Help me Father, and guide me in the right path to a better lifestyle. That way I’m able to influence others positively and be able to show them the right way to life.
In your name, I pray. Amen.”
Short Prayer for Guidance
I can not see the path ahead and at the moment I feel so confused.So today I ask that your hand would be upon me.Please guide me safely through.
Guide my heart, my mind and body to navigate the way.
I put my trust in you.
Morning Prayer for Guidance
“Heavenly Father, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make spending time with You a priority in my morning. Lord, awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Prayer for Guidance in A Relationship
“Loving Father, we come before you with humble and broken hearts, asking for forgiveness and begging for your guidance in our relationship. We wish to serve You, Lord, both in our relationship and outside it.
Lord, please give us the guidance to interact kindly with one another, to always treat each other with love and respect, just as You have treated us with love and respect.
We pray that You give us the patience to put up with each other and the wisdom to guide one another in Your ways. Amen.”
Prayers for Guidance in Decision Making
“Almighty God, we come to you on this day to give thanks for Your eternal love and to ask for your guidance in this great decision that has to be made. Lord, help us to understand what You want in this situation and aid us in executing Your will. Help us realize that this decision is in Your hands, even if we are unsure. In Your Name we trust. Amen.”
- Morning Prayer for Thanksgiving Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Prayer Just for Today Monday, June 17, 2019
- Prayer to the Most Holy Trinity Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Prayer to Give Thanks for a New Day Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Lord, One More Day to Love You Friday, June 14, 2019
- Lord if I Can Do Some Good Today Show Me How Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Prayer for Sick Family Members Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Prayer for our Priests Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Morning Prayer – The Good Morning God Prayer Monday, June 10, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer at the Day’s Beginning Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Renewal of Spirit Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Courage Friday, June 7, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Loved Ones Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Morning Prayer – The Prayer of Jabez Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Offering to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for the Persecuted Christians Monday, June 3, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Encouragement Sunday, June 2, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Today Saturday, June 1, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer to Start the Day Friday, May 31, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer to Serve God Well Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Morning Prayers – Prayer for Inner Peace Wednesday, May 29, 2019
- Morning Prayer for Protection and Safety Tuesday, May 28, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer Before Work Monday, May 27, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for our Children Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Success Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Strength Friday, May 24, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer for Wisdom Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Morning Prayer – Prayer Asking for Guidance Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- The Rosary – How to Pray the Rosary Friday, March 22, 2019
- Prayer for Help – Prayer to God for Help Friday, March 22, 2019
- Prayer for Success – Prayer for Success at Work Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Prayer for Guidance – Prayer for Strength and Guidance Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- St Josephs Prayer – Feast Day 19th March Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Sinners Prayer – Salvation Prayer Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Prayer Before Meal – Thanksgiving Prayer Before Meal Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Prayer for School – Morning Prayer for School Monday, March 18, 2019
- Night Prayer – Night Time Prayer Saturday, March 16, 2019
- Padre Pio Prayer – St Padre Pio Prayer Friday, March 15, 2019
- St Patricks Prayer – Feast Day 17th March Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Archangel Michael Prayer – Saint Michael the Archangel Prayer Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Christmas Prayer – Catholic Christmas Prayer Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Deliverance Prayer – Deliverance Prayer Catholic Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Divine Mercy Prayer – Chaplet of Divine Mercy Prayer Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Prayer for Marriage – Prayer for my Marriage Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Salvation Prayer – christian salvation prayer Monday, March 11, 2019
- Prayer for Forgiveness – Prayer for Forgiveness Catholic Monday, March 11, 2019
- St. Anthony Prayer – St. Anthony of Padua Prayer Friday, March 8, 2019
- Thank You Prayer – Thank You God Prayer Friday, March 8, 2019
- Prayer for the Dead – Catholic Prayer for the Dead Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Sts Perpetua and Felicity Prayer – March 7 2019 Second Day of Lent Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- St. Jude Prayer – St Jude Thaddeus Prayer Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Ash Wednesday Prayer Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- Prayer for Family – Prayer for my Family Monday, March 4, 2019
- Prayer of Jabez – Prayer of Jabez Monday, March 4, 2019
- Christian Prayer – Christian Morning Prayer Friday, March 1, 2019
- Novena Prayer – St. Jude Novena Prayer Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit – Catholic Prayer To The Holy Spirit Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Jesus Prayer – Jesus Christ Prayer Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Fasting and Prayer – The Power of Prayer and Fasting Monday, February 25, 2019
- Prayer for Children – Prayer for Children in School Monday, February 25, 2019
- Intercessory Prayer – What is Intercessory Prayer Friday, February 22, 2019
- Prayer for Protection – Strong Prayer for Protection Friday, February 22, 2019
- Miracle Prayer – Miracle Healing Prayer Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Prayer for Peace – Prayer for World Peace Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Thanksgiving Prayer -Thanksgiving Prayer Catholic Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Daily Prayer – Daily Prayer for Today Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- The Lord’s Prayer – Our Father Monday, February 18, 2019
- Short Prayers – Short Catholic Prayers Monday, February 18, 2019
- Prayer for Love, for God and others. Friday, February 15, 2019
- Prayer for Healing – Healing Prayer for the Sick Friday, February 15, 2019
I will have prayers for guidance
I will have prayers for guidance because there is no man who is of so little faith that, in a moment of great disaster, or heartbreak, or misery beyond his comprehension has not called out to his God?
My life need not be filled with religion in order to recognise this greatest mystery of nature – all creatures that walk the earth possess the instinct to cry out for help.
And aren’t these cries also a form of prayer? What superior power would not have the ability to answer our cries, having first given us as well as every creature in nature, be it a mule or a lamb or a bird the instinct to cry out for help?
Henceforth, I will pray for guidance. But my cries for help will only be cries for guidance. I won’t ever pray for material things. I have no need to call to a servant to bring me food.
I will never pray for gold, love, good health, petty victories, fame, success, or happiness.
Instead I will pray for the guidance that I may be shown the way to acquire these things and my prayers will always be answered.
The prayers for guidance I seek may come or it may not come. But are not both of these an answer? If a child asks his father for a treat and it is not forthcoming, has not the father answered? I will pray for guidance and I will pray as a salesman in this manner:
“Oh, Creator of all things help me. For this day I go out into the world naked and alone and, without your hand to guide me, I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness”.
I will have prayers for guidance: The Humble Salesman
You have taught the Lion and the Eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claw. Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love, so that I may be a Lion among men and an Eagle in the market place. Help me to remain humble through obstacles and failures, yet hide not from mine eyes the prize that will come with victory.
Assign me tasks at which others have failed. Yet guide me to pluck the seeds of success from their failures.
Confront me with fears that will temper my spirit. Yet endow me with courage to laugh at my misgivings.Spare me sufficient days to reach my goals, yet help me to live this day as though it be my last.
Guide me in my words so that they may bear fruit, yet silence me from gossip that none may be maligned.
Discipline me in the habit of trying and trying again. Yet show me the way to make use of the law of averages.
Favour me with alertness to recognise opportunity when I see it, yet endow me with patience to concentrate my strength.
Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown, yet grant me compassion for weaknesses in others.
Suffer me to know that all things shall pass, yet help me to count the blessings of today.
Expose me to hate, so it may not be a stranger, yet fill my cup with love to turn strangers into friends.
But all these things, be only if Thou will it to be so. I am as small and lonely as a grape clutching the vine. Yet Thou hast made me different from all others. Readily there must be a special place for me.
Guide me. Help me. Show me the way. Let me become all, You planned for me to become, when my seed was planted and selected by You to sprout in the vineyard of the world. Help this humble salesman. Guide me, oh God.” I will have prayers for guidance.These ten scrolls may have been edited and modified from their original version. You may wish to visit og. mandino.com for the most current and thorough version of the Scrolls of Success.
I wish you all the best in your life and with your family! May you live with the prayers for guidance.
Prayers for Guidance: Quotes
- “A blocked path also offers guidance” – Mason Cooley
- “Faith, culture, structure and guidance are good things” – Bethenny Frankel
- “A career in sport is almost impossible to manage without the support, and guidance, and reassurance of family and friends.
During tough times, and there always are, this is whom we go to” – Rahul Dravid
- “The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.
” – Gustave Flaubert
- “You need to trust; To surrender; To ask for guidance; Go within for the answers; They’re within you; You have the answers; All you need do is ask” – Karen Hackel, The Whisper of Your Soul
- “Inner guidance is heard soft music in the night by those who have learned to listen.” – Vernon Howard
- “Don’t entrust your future on others’ hands. Rather make decisions by yourself with the help of God’s guidance. Hold your beliefs so tight and never let go of them!” – Hark Herald Sarmiento
- “When things went dark and you search for a light to see things clearly, that light is guidance. Don’t wait for it, actually you have to search for it.” – M.H. Rakib
Prayers for Guidance: Images