Prayer For Fiancé’s Visa Approval

Steps after I-129F Fiance Visa petition approval

Prayer For Fiancé’s Visa Approval

Approval of your Fiance visa petition (I-129F) is just half the journey. Take a deep breath. Here’s how you prepare for the final K-1 visa interview…

Nothing compares to the feeling when your Fiance visa petition (I-129F) is approved. It means you’re one step closer to being with your fiance. The USCIS has given their  “O.K.” for you to apply for a K-1 visa.

While excitedly looking at that (I-797) letter in your hands now, are you picturing your fiance landing at the airport now? you standing there with flowers to greet him or her?

That day isn’t far away. Want to make sure that all comes true? (see what happens when you file your I-129F to the USCIS. What do they do with your forms?)

Steps after I-129F approval

After an I-129F petition approval, there are still 2 major steps remaining. Let’s walk through them step by step. Because it’s important to get them right otherwise, instead of a quick, painless approval — you’re going to see major delays or denial.

Let’s see an overview at the process after your I-129F petition is approved. Here are the three main steps:

  • (1) USCIS forwards approved Fiance visa Petition. The USCIS reviews, processes and validates your I-129F petition for an Alien Fiance. After all RFE issues have been dealt with, they approve your case. It’s then sent to the National Visa Center (NVC, still in the US) for processing.
  • (2) NVC Processes Case. The NVC performs background checks and assigns a case number. They send your case overseas to the selected US Consulate with all your case details.
  • (3) US Consulate/Embassy processes case. This Consulate, Post or Embassy performs the final processing, criminal checks and interview before a K-1 visa is granted. This is where it really counts. The “final exam” before you’re approved.

After approval of I-129F by the USCIS

So, let’s go back and look at the first step. Following several months of waiting (and feeling they forgot about you), the USCIS finally informs you that they’ve approved your I-129F Fiance visa petition.

Depending on your preferences, you get notified in different ways. Then they immediately forward your approved case to the National Visa Center (NVC).

  • Email, text message. You’re alerted in your email inbox or by text message. If you choose case status updates, the USCIS informs you of a “post decision activity”. In it, it says that the USCIS approved your fiance visa petition.
  • Mail. You’re mailed an approval Notice of Action I-797 (NOA) with details of your fiance visa petition. The rest of the letter describes how the case is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). Tip: keep this notice safe, you’ll need it when you file the Adjustment of Status (I-485) after marriage.

An I-129F approval is not a K-1 visa approval

Before we get too far ahead, let’s cover an important clarification. Getting your petition approved by the USCIS doesn’t mean your fiance already has the K-1 visa. These are two very different things.

The petition approval is only half the journey. It means your case has being accepted for K-1 visa eligibility. Honestly, this was the “easy” part.

The remainder of the K-1 visa process involves security checks and documents of the foreign beneficiary. The results of which gets decided at the visa interview at the Consulate. That’s the “tough” part.

So, let’s get back to the process. What happens when your case is completed by the USCIS and it’s received by the NVC?

The National Visa Center (NVC) processes case

This NVC reviews your case following approval of the I-129F. Their main job is to give a fresh look to your case, perform background checks, input your details into the Department of State’s database, and finally assign you a case number.

You’re not actively required to do anything during the entire NVC process.

It’s not glorious and unfortunately that’s why petitioners don’t follow much through this process. That’s a huge mistake.

It’s very important for you to keep track and make sure your case is in and the NVC in a timely fashion.

What the NVC does

  1. 1. Receives and reviews your case
  2. 2. Assigns a case #
  3. 3. Performs background checks (yet, again)
  4. 4. Forwards your packet to a US Embassy overseas where your fiance has an interview
  5. 5. Mails you an approval notice that your case has been sent abroad

Your duty is to follow up with the NVC. Be warned that many times entire petitions are “lost” either in transit or at the NVC. Don’t risk waiting several months to realize something is wrong.

The US Embassy processes case

At this point, your approved I-129F petition makes your foreign fiance eligible to apply for a K-1 visa.

The final leg of the Fiance K-1 visa journey is the Consulate phase. The Consulate repeats much of the same process in terms of background checks and eligibility verification. However, they’re much more in-depth.

How the US Embassy processes your K-1 case

  1. 1. Receives and Processes. The embassy receives your case, reviews it and performs even more security checks. Your name and your fiance’s name are matched against databases. When all is complete, they take the next step. 
  1. 2. Send K-1 visa packet. They mail out (or email) the K-1 visa packet to the beneficiary fiance. Your foreign fiance is invited to apply for the K-1. The packet contain instructions for the steps to take. At this point it becomes a K-1 application (not an I-129F anymore).
  1. 3. The foreign beneficiary collects all required documents and applies for a K-1 visa, including:
    1. ✦ Supporting documents (Passport, birth certificates, etc.)
    2. ✦ DS-160 (filed online)
    3. ✦ Police Clearance
    4. ✦ Medical Exam Report
    5. ✦ Affidavit of Support (I-134)
    6. ✦ Proof of Relationship
    7. ✦ Visa payment receipt
    8. ✦ Much more…depending on your situation (for example, divorce documents). 
  1. 4. Schedule interview. When you’re done gathering paperwork, you schedule an interview.  This is the dreaded K-1 visa interview. Where you’re face to face with someone who decides your fate. The beneficiary gets interviewed with questions regarding eligibility and relationship. Any and all criminal history (petitioner’s) is discussed. 
  1. 5. K-1 visa approval or denial. The officer makes a decision on the K-1 visa application (approval or denial). All documents will be considered and your bona fide relationship evaluated.

If everything is in order, the visa application is approved. In the following days, you receive a visa packet with your passport/visa and sealed medical exam results. Your fiance can literally take the next flight to the US.

If there is a problem in the interview, there can be denials. We don’t want that. Because a denial means you repeat the entire process — totally starting from scratch: months of more agonizing waiting, fees, and another interview.

And worse, no guarantee you’ll get approved next time. Many times, the same problems get couples denied the second time.

How to get a K-1 visa approval

Consider the K-1 interview similar to a college final exam. You’ve studied all year for this one chance to graduate. You should go in there 100% confident that you’re going to be approved. You know how much it means to both of you.

Now, I have to tell you some bad news. Denial rates have gotten more frequent over the years due to “extreme vetting” and tighter immigration policies. The K-1 visa is not “easy” as it used to be and definitely not quick anymore.

Professionals, lawyers or anyone else cannot pick up the phone and get you an approval. You really have to earn this yourself by virtue of documents and a genuine relationship. Even one missing document can be an excuse for a delay/denial.

Take the lead and make sure you get approved. All my readers agree that my step-by-step online tutorial  helped them the most. Where you go at your own pace in a guide that holds your hand through each step. What to do, how to gather documents, how to prepare for the interview and pass without a problem.

No guessing, no confusion. Just plain-English steps to follow even if you have red flags (you know… age difference, quick relationship, etc.). It’s all actual laws and procedures for all countries.

Plus, a ton of insider tips (that I’ve picked up over the years) to boost your chances of a quick, solid approval.

Read these Fiance Visa topics

Источник: //

Fiancé Visa or Marriage Visa: Which is Better?

Prayer For Fiancé’s Visa Approval

When a U.S. citizen marries a foreign citizen, there are fundamentally two different ways for the foreign citizen to immigrate to the United States and obtain a green card.

The choice — a fiancé visa or marriage visa — can cause confusion for many couples. Each has its own benefits. So what’s best for one couple may not be ideal for another couple’s situation.

In making your decision, you’ll need to consider speed of the process, cost, as well as other factors.

Fiancé Visa

The fiancé visa (aka K-1 visa) is a nonimmigrant visa obtained by the foreign fiancé to travel to the U.S. for the purpose of getting married in the U.S. and then adjusting status to a permanent resident (green card holder).

Marriage Visa

The marriage visa (aka CR-1 or IR-1 visa) is an immigrant visa obtained by the foreign spouse while in the foreign country after marriage for the purpose of immigrating to the U.S. to live permanently with the spouse.

Deciding on the fiancé visa or marriage visa is a personal decision. So, the best path for you depends on your specific situation. However, for many couples, the speed of the immigration process is an important factor.

Fiancé Visa (K-1 Visa)

The fiancé visa, formally known as a K-1 visa, is a method used for foreign citizens engaged to a U.S. citizen to enter the United States for the specific purpose of marrying that U.S. citizen. Once married, the foreign spouse must go through a process called “adjustment of status” if he or she wants to obtain a green card.

Fiancé Visa Process

The process begins with the U.S. citizen fiancé petitioning the U.S. government to grant a fiancé visa. The U.S. citizen must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the petition is approved, a visa interview will be scheduled at the U.S. consulate office in the foreign fiancé’s country.


Next, the consulate will issue a fiancé visa if everything goes well in the interview. But you must use the visa to enter the United States within six months of its issuance, otherwise it will expire.

The K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa. That means it does not permit the immigrant to stay in the U.S. permanently. Its sole purpose is to allow the fiancé to enter for the purpose of marriage to a U.S. citizen.

Then, after entering the United States on your fiancé visa, you’ll need to get married, and start working on an adjustment of status (AOS) application.

In fact, you must get married and file the adjustment of status application within 90 days of entering the U.S.

If you meet some unexpected delays that prevent you from marrying and/or filing the AOS application, contact an immigration attorney.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status is the process that the foreign spouse uses to request a change in immigration status to that of a permanent resident. An immigrant who has successfully filed the Adjustment of Status Application is allowed to live legally in the United States while awaiting an interview at a USCIS office.

The adjustment of status packet generally includes several USCIS forms. In order to adjust status, you and your spouse will need to prepare and submit the following USCIS forms:

  • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
  • Form I-864, Affidavit of Support
  • Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (optional)
  • Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (optional)

In addition to the forms, you’ll need to gather various documents to submit with the application package such as birth certificates, marriage certificate, and other supporting documents that prove you have a good faith marriage. For a complete discussion of these forms and how to file, download the Life After K-1 ebook.

The next step in the process is an interview at your local USCIS office. After the interview, your green card will be mailed to your home address.

If you do not apply to adjust status within 90 days of the marriage, you will be required to leave the U.S. Your K-1 status will cease, and you will be in direct violation of the terms of your visa. If you stay beyond the terms of the visa, it will ly make the K-1 subject to deportation and negatively impact the fiancé’s ability to obtain permanent resident status in the future.

If you and your spouse plan to live in the U.S., a timely filing the adjustment of status packet is absolutely critical. Many couples prefer the adjustment of status process because you can go through the entire process of obtaining a green card from within the United States, provided that you’re already here on a legal basis, such as a valid fiancé visa.

Very few immigrants have the privilege of adjusting of status. As the spouse of a U.S. citizen, you qualify as an immediate relative that has this convenience.

Marriage Visa (CR-1 or IR-1)

A marriage visa can mean different things to different people. We’ll explain it as a method for a foreign citizen married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to enter the United States with an immigrant visa to live permanently in the U.S. as a permanent resident (green card holder).

In this case, the couple would have to get married outside the United States. Then, the process begins with the U.S. citizen or permanent resident petitioning the U.S. government to reserve a visa number for his or her spouse. The petitioner must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

Consular Processing

This process called consular processing. Consular processing is the method that most immigrants will have to use in order to obtain a green card. With consular processing, the spouse waits outside the United States until the immigrant visa (permanent residence) is approved.

Once the petition is approved, the file will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). And after the NVC has completed its review, it will send the file to the U.S. consular office in the immigrant spouse’s country.

Consular Interview

At this point, the immigrant spouse will be scheduled for an interview at the U.S. consular offices. At the interview, a consular official will discuss the contents of your application with you, and verify that you’re not inadmissible for any reason. The official will also ask you questions about your marriage to make sure it is a genuine marriage, and not fraudulent in any way.

Spouse Visa (K-3 Visa)

In some cases the couple has been married and living abroad before they decided to move to the United States. They may wait together outside the U.S. while the immigrant visa is approved. But what if the U.S.

citizen must return to the United States before his or her spouse has a green card? In this situation, the U.S. citizen may obtain a K-3 visa for the spouse.

The K-3 visa is a nonimmigrant (temporary) visa that can be used by the immigrant spouse to come to the U.S. and then adjust status.

This starts with the U.S. citizen spouse filing Form I-130. Upon receiving the receipt notice, the U.S. citizen must file Form I-129F to request the K-3 visa.

Fiancé Visa or Immigrant Visa: The Best Choice

To determine which path is best for you — fiancé visa or immigrant visa — depends on many factors and is a personal decision. Here are several issues to consider:

Place of Marriage

The purpose of the K-1 fiance visa is to come to the U.S. for marriage. So if the couple desires to marry inside the United States, this is generally the best path. This method does require some planning. Again, the marriage and adjustment of status filing must take place in the U.S.

within the 90 days of the K-1’s admission to the United States. If your preference is a marriage outside the United States, the K-1 visa probably is not the best option. Keep in mind: it is acceptable to have an unofficial wedding reception or religious ceremony that is not legally binding abroad then come to the U.S.

to be legally married.

Speed of Marriage

If your priority is to become married as soon as possible, it will generally be quicker to marry outside the United States. Obtaining a K-1 visa, typically the fastest way to the U.S., will take approximately 5-10 months. So visiting the fiancé in his or her home country will usually be faster.

Speed of U.S. Presence

If the goal is for the couple to be together in the U.S. as soon as possible, the K-1 visa is most ly the fast path. From the date of filing to the date of admission to the U.S.

, it will take approximately 5-10 months on a K-1 fiancé visa. On the other hand, the marriage visa may take 10-16 months. However, if the U.S.

citizen spouse resides abroad, it may be even faster to request the immigrant visa by filing the I-130 with a USCIS international office.

Filing Fees

Each path requires slightly different forms/applications with various costs. If costs are a major concern, obtaining the marriage visa (CR1 or IR1) will generally be less expensive.

K-1 Non-Immigrant Visa

Expense ItemCost (USD)
Filing Fee for Form I-129F$535
Filing Fee for K-1 Visa Application$265
Medical Exam$200
Filing Fees for Adjustment of Status Package and Biometrics$1,225
Medical Exam (vaccination form only)$100

CR-1 or IR-1 Immigrant Visa

Expense ItemCost (USD)
Filing Fee for Form I-130$535
Filing Fee for Immigrant Visa Application$325
NVC I-864 review fee (if applicable)$120
Medical Exam$200
USCIS Immigrant Fee$220

These figures are estimates USCIS filing fees at the time this article was published. Estimates do not include any travel or hotel that may be required for appointments and/or interviews. Immigration medical exam fees are estimated and may vary by region and doctor.

International Travel

If the immigrant fiancé travels often, this factor should be considered when deciding between the fiancé visa or marriage visa path. A K-1 visa is valid for a single entry.

International travel is not permitted until the foreign spouse files a Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, along with an Application for Advance Parole (Form I-131). Advance parole is generally issued within 90 days of filing.

If the foreign spouse travels abroad before an advance parole document is obtained, the adjustment of status application will be considered abandoned. But a CR-1 or IR-1 spouse that entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa can travel abroad immediate.

An immigrant visa holder is a permanent resident upon admission to the U.S. Additionally, the K-3 visa facilitates international travel. It can be used for multiple entries to the U.S. and is valid for up to two years.

Fiancé Visa or Marriage Visa

These are just a few of the issues that a couple must evaluate when deciding on the fiancé visa or marriage visa. For many immigrant couples, speed is an important consideration, especially given the long wait times that are often involved with the immigration process.

Before you begin, check the USCIS processing times for each petition. Many immigrants will be able to choose between several options for how to get into the country.

Which one you’ll want depends primarily on your particular needs and wants, as well as the current wait times that you’ll encounter.

About CitizenPath

CitizenPath provides simple, affordable, step-by-step guidance through USCIS immigration applications. Individuals, attorneys and non-profits use the service on desktop or mobile device to prepare immigration forms accurately, avoiding costly delays.

CitizenPath allows users to try the service for free and provides a 100% money-back guarantee that USCIS will accept the application or petition.

We provide support for the Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F), Petition to Help a Relative Obtain a Green Card (Form I-130), Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485), and several other USCIS forms.

Источник: //

Fiancée Visa Processing In Poland

Prayer For Fiancé’s Visa Approval

The K-1 Visa, also known as the Fiancé(e) Visa, is used by United States citizens who wish to bring their fiancé(e)s to the United States for the purpose of getting married. The visa application processes and policies followed by Consular Offices vary according to the local requirement. In this article we discuss the K-1 consular processing in Warsaw, Poland.

Filing The Petition

The first step in applying for a fiancé(e) visa is for the U.S. Citizen (the petitioner) to file a petition on Form I-129F with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office having jurisdiction over his/her place of residence in the U.S. This petition can only be filed in the U.S. and not with the U.S. Embassy.

Your fiancée must still establish eligibility to receive a K visa. Be sure to specify that the approved petition should be sent to Warsaw if your fiancée is in Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, or Poland. The U.S. Embassies in Belarus, Latvia , and Lithuania do not process fiancée visas.

If your petition has been misdirected to Minsk, Riga, or Vilnius it will take several weeks before it reaches Warsaw. You do not need to contact the U.S. Embassies in Minsk, Riga, or Vilnius regarding a misdirected petition.

They will automatically forward the petition to Warsaw via registered diplomatic pouch. If, however, your petition has been sent in error to Moscow or to another Foreign Service post, you should contact that post and ask them to forward the petition to Warsaw. You do not need to contact the U.S.

Embassy in Warsaw with a request to retrieve your petition from another Embassy.

Approval of The Petition

All approved petitions are forwarded by the USCIS to the Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC). USCIS also notifies the Embassy by cable of the petition’s approval if you have requested this service at the time of filing.

NVC performs a name check that requires a reply from the I. This name check is usually completed within ten days, but some cases take substantially longer.

If the beneficiary holds a Russian passport, an additional name check procedure taking one month or more is done.

NVC will notify you when they have processed the petition and they will send it to the U.S. Embassy for further processing. It takes two to three weeks for the actual approved petition and its supporting documentation to reach the Embassy.

Administrative Processing

Once the embassy receives an approved petition from NVC, they send the “Instruction Package” to the foreign national fiancé(e) (beneficiary), which explains what documents he/she must collect prior to the visa interview.

The Instruction Package for applicants from Belarus and Latvia is in Russian and for applicants from Lithuania it is in English. The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw has Russian-speaking staff to ensure proper communication with applicants from Belarus, Latvia, and Lithuania.

They also have the forms in Polish, Russian and in English. The Instruction Package asks the beneficiary to assemble the following documents:

  • Valid passports for the beneficiary and any dependent children.
  • Birth certificates for the beneficiary and any dependent children
  • Proof of termination of any prior marriages, as well as proof of any prior name changes
  • A police certificate from the current place of residence of the beneficiary, as well as from any place or places of residence for 1 year or more since attaining the age of 16
  • Police certificate(s) for any dependent children over 16

All documents, except passports and photographs, must be submitted in single copy, with the original document bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority.

If only the original of the birth, marriage and/or other certificates is available, the applicant may submit one photocopy thereof but must bring the original(s) with him/her to the interview for inspection by the consular officer.

Any documents in a foreign language other than Polish must be accompanied by an English translation.

When your fiancée has collected all the documents specified in the Instruction Package, he/she should notify the Embassy by returning Form WRW1 (Optional Form 169) certifying that all required documents have been obtained. Form WRW1 (Optional Form 169) may be returned by fax or as an email attachment sent to the following email address:

Appointment Package

The Appointment Package, which explains the medical examination process and sets an appointment date for a visa interview, is sent to the beneficiary when the embassy has received the following items:

  • The actual approved petition or telegraphic notice of approval from USCIS
  • Clearances from the required name checks
  • A signed Form WRW1 (Optional Form 169) from the beneficiary

On an average, the first available appointment is about six to eight weeks from the time when the Embassy receives the petition.

In addition to mailing the Appointment Package, the US Embassy in Warsaw, upon request, may notify attorneys of record or interested petitioners not represented by an attorney by e-mail or ordinary mail that the Appointment Package has been sent and that an appointment date has been set. Click here to read the basic information about the Appointment Package available on the Embassy web page.

Medical Examination

Packet-4 of the Appointment Package contains an appointment date and instructions on where to go to complete the medical examination. Applicants may have the required medical exams in Kiev or in Warsaw. The medical exams must be performed by one of the physicians identified in Packet-4.

K-1 and K-2 visa applicants are not required to submit proof of vaccinations or to undergo any vaccinations until they enter the U.S. and adjust status with the USCIS. Therefore applicants may wish to consider carrying their vaccination records with them to the United States to facilitate this process.

The medical examination fees must be paid by or on behalf of each beneficiary, regardless of age, and is non-refundable. It may be paid in U.S.

dollars or Polish zloty equivalents at the current Embassy exchange rate, which is adjusted periodically. Payment made by credit card from U.S., Polish, Latvian, and Lithuanian card holders is also acceptable.

Payment must be made at the Embassy at the time an application is accepted or a visa is issued.

Your fiancé(e) must also carry two passport size photographs for the medical examination. The fiancé(e) visa medical examination fee is $100.

Visa Interview

Visa interviews are conducted by appointment only. Beneficiaries should not travel to Warsaw until they have received an appointment date from the Embassy. Applicants who appear without appointments are not interviewed.

Appointment dates for K visas are posted on the Embassy web page in the first few days of each month.

If your fiancé(e)’s case number appears on this listing and your fiancé(e) has the Appointment Package information available from the website, he/she may come to the Embassy even if an Appointment Package has not been received in the mail.

On the date of the appointment your fiancée should come to the Immigrant Visa section of the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. The Embassy does not assign individual appointment times. Children under 14 do not need to attend the interview.

Your fiancé(e) will fill out a Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-156) in duplicate, as well as one copy of the supplement form DS-156K. Each dependent child also needs a completed Nonimmigrant Visa Application, in duplicate.

Male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45 will also be required to complete Form DS-157. Original documents, not copies, must be brought to the interview.

Originals of primary documents, such as birth, marriage, and death records, are returned to the applicant after the interview.

The beneficiary will be asked to present the following documents:

  • Valid passports for the beneficiary and any dependent children. The passport should be valid for at least sixty days beyond the issuance date of the visa. Applicants are advised to remove any plastic sleeves/coverings from the passport.
  • Birth certificates for the beneficiary and any dependent children. For applicants born in Poland only complete versions of Polish birth certificates (Odpis zupelny aktu urodzenia) are accepted. Polish “short form” of birth certificate is not acceptable.
  • Proof of termination of any prior marriages of both petitioner and beneficiary, as well as evidence of any name changes.
  • Police certificate(s) for the beneficiary and any dependent children over 16 years of age. If the applicant has been convicted of any crime in any country, a copy of the court record of each conviction is required.
  • Medical exam results for the beneficiary and any dependent children.
  • Proof of adequate financial support once in the United States to ensure that your fiancée and dependent children will not become public charge.
  • Supporting documents verifying the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary.
  • Two identical color photographs with white background on glossy paper. The photographs must be 5cm. sq. with the applicant facing the camera directly (both ears must be exposed); the dimensions of the facial image must measure about 30 mm from chin to top of head.

The Affidavit of Support Form I-864 is not required for K visas. However, petitioners must provide proof of adequate financial support once in the United States to ensure the applicant will not become public charges.

Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form so long as it contains enough detail and information for the consular officer to conclude that the beneficiary will not become a public charge.

Petitioners may submit the “old” Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) if they wish.

Your fiancé(e) is required to sign a statement regarding his or her legal capacity to marry and intention to marry. The consular officer thoroughly reviews the case to make sure that your fiancé(e) is eligible to receive a U.S. visa.

They should be prepared to provide an accurate address in Poland at the time of interview and pay a fee of 29.46 Polish zlotys per person for the DHL service at the delivery. Your fiancé(e) and each dependent child pay a $100.00 non-refundable fee for machine-readable-visa on the day of the interview.

This fee must be paid in cash in U.S. dollars or Polish currency, at the current exchange rate, which is subject to change without notice. If your fiancé(e) is not issued a visa, because, for example, a document is missing, he/she is given notification in writing at the time of the interview.

You must review this notification before contacting the Embassy with questions about your case.

Supporting documentation, including the K petition, birth certificate, Nonimmigrant Visa Application, and medical exam report is placed in a sealed envelope and given to the applicant for presentation to USCIS at the port of entry. The Embassy does not keep copies of these documents.

K-2 Visa For The Children of Fiancé(e)

Minor children (under 21) of the fiancé(e) can also travel to the United States with a K-2 visa. USCIS holds that all children of a K-1 beneficiary must be listed on the visa petition. If a child has been omitted on the petition you filed, the Embassy requires a written statement from you that you know about the child and are aware the child is or may be seeking a K-2 visa.

The eligible dependent children can travel to the United States on a K-2 visa issued within a year of the issuance of the K-1 visa to the principal beneficiary. This is true even if the K-1 beneficiary has subsequently married, provided the dependent child is still unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of K-2 issuance.

To schedule a visa interview for a dependent child, the principal applicant, the petitioner, or the child’s legal guardian must contact the Embassy at least one month prior to the requested interview date.

If a dependent child of the fiancé(e) seeks to enter the United States more than one year after the fiancé(e) has received a K-1 visa, it will be necessary to file an immigrant visa petition for the child.

Issuance of Fiancé(e) Visa

Due to enhanced security regulations, visas can no longer be issued on the day of the interview. Provided everything is in order at the time of the interview, immigrant visa applicants from Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia and Lithuania usually receive visas the following business day. Applicants from Poland receive their visas via DHL courier service.

Contact Details of US Embassy In Warsaw

The best way to communicate with the Warsaw Embassy is by email. It is the most efficient way to reach the Warsaw Embassy and the quickest way to get answers to your questions. You can send your e-mails for fiancé(e) visa cases to:

If you (U.S. Citizen Petitioner) have been requested to send original documents to the Embassy, you can do so by U.S. mail at the address below. It usually takes several weeks for your letter to reach the Embassy:

U.S. Embassy Warsaw/CONS Department of State 5010 Warsaw Place

Washington, D.C. 20521-5010

Источник: //

Нет комментариев

    Добавить комментарий

    Ваш e-mail не будет опубликован. Все поля обязательны для заполнения.

    Рекомендуем посмотреть