Prayer For Employment Visa


Singapore Employment Pass Scheme

Prayer For Employment Visa

Back to Immigration guides

If you have been deployed by your company to Singapore for work, there are be a number of work passes that you may qualify for, among which, is the Singapore Employment Pass (EP). Here’s all you need to know about qualifying and applying for the EP.

An Employment Pass or EP is a Singapore work visa issued by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower to foreign professional employees, managers, and owners or directors of Singaporean companies. This work visa allows you to live and work in Singapore, as well as travel in and the country without having to apply for entry visas.

An Employment Pass is usually valid for 1-2 years and can be renewed after. Possessing an EP also makes it easier for you to apply for permanent residence (PR) in Singapore.

How do I qualify for an Employment Pass?

To qualify for a Singaporean Employment Pass, you need to:

  • Draw a minimum fixed salary of S$3,600 per month. This usually applies to young graduates. More experienced candidates may need higher salaries to qualify.
  • Works in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
  • Possess a tertiary degree from a reputable university. A strong professional employment history and high salary may compensate for lack of education.

Do note that these are general guidelines – the authorities review all Employment Pass applications before approval is granted.

There is no limit to the number of EPs that can be granted to an employing Singapore company. 

What documents do I need to apply for an Employment Pass? 

  • An EP Application Form 8, duly endorsed by the employing Singapore company
  • A copy of your latest resume and relevant educational certificates
  • References/testimonials from previous employers
  • A passport-size photograph of yourself, taken within the past three months
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
  • A copy of the business profile of the employing Singapore company
  • A detailed description of your job duties
  • A detailed description of the activities and/or products of the employing Singapore company

Beside the eight documents described above, you may have to supply additional supporting documents as needed. You will also need to have any non-English documents officially translated into English.

How do I file my Employment Pass application, and how long will it take to process it?

There are two ways to file your Employment Pass application:

  • You may register online if the employing Singapore company has registered for an EP online account. Online applications are usually processed within 3 weeks from the date of submission. 
  • You may also submit a manual application, which allows for the attachment of all supporting documents (which cannot be done online). Manual applications are usually processed within 8 weeks from the date of submission.

The overall processing time of your application may vary by several days or weeks.

This is due to several factors, such as the credentials of the employing Singapore company, the qualifications of the applicant, and the availability of supporting documents.

How do I know if my Employment Pass has been approved, and how do I collect it? 

When your Employment Pass application is approved, MOM will send an In-Principle-Approval (IPA) letter to the employing Singapore company’s address. The IPA letter is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.

  To collect your pass, you will need to come to Singapore and present a copy of the IPA letter, your passport, and any other documents that may be requested in the IPA letter. A one-time entry visa will be issued to you to enter Singapore and collect your Employment Pass.

Your IPA letter may require you to go through a medical test and produce the report when you collect visa.  You may opt to do the medical test in an established clinic or hospital in your home country, or when you arrive in Singapore.

If you applied for Dependent’s Passes and/or Long-Term Visit Passes for your family, you can collect these at the same time.

Do note that all EP applications are not considered final until you have received an In-Principle-Approval of your application. Please do not make any prior relocation plans.

I have successfully obtained an Employment Pass. Can I bring my family to live with me in Singapore?

You can, if you draw a minimum fixed monthly salary of S$6000. Spouses and children of successful Employment Pass holders can apply for a family visa known as a Dependent’s Pass (DP) during or after the approval of the EP.

DPs are approved automatically once the EP application is approved and expire at the same time as the EP.

Common-law spouses, unmarried handicapped children (above 21 years old), and unmarried step-children (under 21 years old) of successful EP holders can apply for a long-stay visitor visa known as a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP).

Similar to the DP, LTVPs are approved automatically once the EP application is approved and expire at the same time as the EP. Parents of successful EP holders can also apply for the LTVP, but the successful EP holder needs to draw a minimum salary of S$12,000 (from 1 January 2018 onwards) in order for them to qualify. 

I was rejected for an Employment Pass. What should I do?

If your initial Employment Pass application is rejected, do contact us.

We will work closely with MOM to explore the possible reasons for the rejection – and when appropriate, we can help you to submit an appeal that directly addresses these reasons.

  Appeals are usually processed within 4-6 weeks, and will ly be approved once the additional details submitted are deemed satisfactory by MOM. 

How do I renew my Employment Pass?

An Employment Pass renewal form will be sent to your employer’s registered address three (3) months before your EP expires.

The renewal application should be completed and submitted to MOM at least four weeks before your EP expires.  If your renewal application is approved, your employer will receive an approval letter.

You will need to visit the MOM office to collect your new EP.

For more information about Employment Passes, see Employment Pass FAQs.

Hawksford are renowned for supporting entrepreneurs and foreign companies and their employees establish their roots in Singapore.

Find out how Hawksford can help

Contact us directly to get your immigration and relocation issues sorted out. It's easy and quick. Let us help you get established in Singapore.

Find out more

Источник: //

Visas & Work Permits in Germany

Prayer For Employment Visa

Nationals of EU or EEA member states do not need a residence permit. Moreover, if you’re moving to Germany for work or study or have a way to financially support yourself, you can enjoy full mobility within the EU. However, upon arrival, you still need to register with the local authorities.

Types of Residence Permits

The following section solely focuses on the available types of residence permits. It also explains how to register with the local authorities after you’ve moved to Germany.

All foreign residents from non-EU member states need a residence permit for planned stays longer than 90 days, regardless of their country of origin.

A short-term visa for visitors can only be extended under special circumstances, e.g. if you fall seriously ill before your intended date of departure. Note that all German short-term visas, also known as Schengen visas, cost 60 EUR.

Usually, you have to apply for a visa plus a residence permit (and work permit, if relevant) at an embassy or consulate.

Nationals from a few selected countries can also obtain these after arriving in Germany. There are just a few exceptions to this rule, especially for asylum seekers and political refugees.

Obviously, they don’t have to go through the regular application process via a diplomatic mission.

For a typical expat moving to Germany, the following kinds of residence permits might be of interest: the temporary residence permit, the Blue Card, the EC long-term residence permit, and the permanent settlement permit.

A temporary residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) is the most common type. It’s generally valid for one year. How often it has to be renewed depends on your employment status, your occupation, and your nationality.

For example, a US expatriate who has an unlimited job contract with a company based in Germany may receive a permit that needs to be renewed after three years. However, if the same person only has a limited employment contract for the next two years, their residence permit will run out after around two years as well.

As long as your personal situation doesn’t change, the renewal of your residence permit is mostly a formality. However, if you change employers, stop working, or separate from your spouse, all this can impact your residence status. In such cases, it’s best to contact the local Ausländerbehörde (Aliens Registration Office) immediately, and also consult with an immigration lawyer.

Germany’s Work Permits and Visa Requirements

If you’re not an EU national, you will probably need your employment visa and residence permit before you enter Germany. You can get these from the German representation abroad (Ausländerbehörde) in the country in which you live.

Whether your permit is approved depends on a few factors, such as:

  • If you have a confirmed job offer.
  • If the vacancy cannot be filled by either an EU national or another immigrant who applied before you.

If you’re successful, a work permit will be granted for one year on average. However, renewal is possible. If you are considered a highly-skilled employee, you may receive a different kind of permit valid for several years.

An Opportunity for Third-Country Nationals

EU nationals, as well as people from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland, don’t need a visa or official permission to hold a job in Germany.

However, intra-European migration may not be enough to compensate for the lack of qualified employees.

Therefore, getting a work permit and skilled worker visa (aka “Blue Card EU”) has become easier for selected, well-paid third-country nationals.

Nowadays, an employment permit for Germany is usually issued together with their residence permit. Plenty of people holding a German residence permit are allowed to start working in Germany too unless their residence title explicitly says otherwise. Nonetheless, immigration laws do remain rather strict except for the cases mentioned above.

Moreover, no other document can replace your residence or work permit for Germany. If caught without either, both you and your employer may have to pay high fines. And without such permits, no insurance company will cover you in case of workplace accidents or occupational diseases.

Country of Origin

Your specific work permit requirements for Germany could strongly depend on your nationality. If you’re a citizen of an EU member state, you don’t need to apply for one.

Citizens of other states usually need to apply for a work permit for Germany from abroad, together with their visa. Handing in your work permit and visa application forms from within Germany is only possible for expats from a few selected countries (Canada, the US, Australia, Israel, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea).

Once you kick off the process, the German diplomatic mission will contact the immigration department (Ausländerbehörde) in Germany. In turn, this office gets in touch with the Federal Employment Agency.

The agency can then approve your application, issue the permit, and submit it to the Ausländerbehörde. From there, it’s passed on to the diplomatic mission where you originally submitted your application.

If you’re interested in an employment visa for Germany, go to the nearest German Embassy or Consulate and:

  • Bring a valid passport and at least one copy
  • Supply several passport photographs
  • Pay the required work visa cost
  • Provide additional documents (e.g. a certificate of good conduct, a job contract, diplomas, and references, etc)

Details regarding the visa application process may vary according to your country of origin. Please contact your local German Embassy to check the exact work visa requirements.

If you’re already employed at the foreign branch office of a German company, this is ly to speed things up.

Skilled Migration

Over the past few years, the German government has tried to encourage the migration of highly-qualified professionals by introducing a new residence title for Germany. The aging population and a shortage of engineers, IT specialists, and healthcare staff, have become major challenges in the country.

As Germany is primarily looking for qualified specialists, critical skills enhance your chance of getting a work permit significantly. Expect detailed questions on your job offer, your chosen field of employment, your current occupation, your desired salary, and so on.

Also, you have to submit a completed form called “Ausländer- beschäftigung” from your future employer.

The German government first encouraged skilled labor migration around the year 2000 when they introduced a “Green Card” for IT specialists. By now, these regulations have been revised several times.

If you have an undergraduate or graduate degree, and you’ve secured a job before you move to Germany with a salary of at least 52,000 EUR (as of 2018), you’re eligible for an EU Blue Card.

The Blue Card allows individuals to stay in Germany for four years. After two or three years, you may obtain a settlement permit (permanent residence permit).

Your spouse and dependent children are also allowed to enter the country right away, and they can get a work permit as well.

If you have an academic qualification and professional experience in a field with a current shortage of qualified staff (e.g. IT, engineering, healthcare), or a ‘shortage occupation’, the income limit is lower than it is for other graduates. Then you have to earn at least €40,560 annually (as of 2018), working under the same conditions as your German colleagues.

If you qualify as one of these top-level immigrants, there are some extra benefits, for example, you don’t have to wait for approval from the Federal Employment Agency.

Immigration of Family Members

For most non-EU nationals, the subsequent immigration of spouse and children come with fairly strict requirements. Family reunion visas are subject to various regulations, for example:

  • You earn a sufficient income to support your family financially
  • You can provide housing for your family
  • Your spouse must prove basic knowledge of the German language
  • Your children must be younger than 18 years of age and still be unmarried

However, if you have immigrated as a skilled professional or if you’re an EU/EEA national, none of this applies. There are also separate regulations for nationals of the following countries:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Honduras
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • San Marino
  • South Korea
  • The United States

Also, if you want to get married in Germany, you and your fiancé(e) will probably need the following documents:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Proof you have been in Germany for at least 21 days. You can get a Meldebescheinigung (registration certificate) from your nearest Anmeldeamt (receiving office).
  • Proof you’re single
  • Birth certificates of any children you have had together
  • Application from the Standesamt (registry office)

The following may also be required:

  • A Certificate of Freedom to Marry, No Marriage Affidavit, or Certificate of No Impediment
  • Marriage certificates from any previous marriages
  • Your finances

If you or your partner are foreign, your paperwork may have to be checked by a regional court.

Trialing a Points-Based System

Since fall 2016, a points system, called PUMA (Punktebasiertes Modellprojekts für ausländische Fachkräfte), has been trialed in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The idea is the system would allow third-country nationals employment if they achieve 100 points, various attributes that make them a valuable addition to the country’s workforce.

Some skills that gain you points include:

  • German language skills
  • English or French language skills
  • Relatives in Germany
  • Previous time spent in the country or elsewhere in the EU

Germany’s Self-Employment Program for Expats

If you want to come to Germany for self-employment, you also need to apply for a residence permit, as well as for the permission to start a business here (note that business or self-employment visas are only required if you’re coming to Germany temporarily and for business only).

Moreover, if you aren’t from an EU member state, your application can be approved or rejected on a case-by-case basis. The following criteria will be verified:

  • The viability of your business idea
  • Your business plan and previous experience
  • Available capital
  • A potential economic or regional need for your business activity

There are also special regulations concerning foreign investors and entrepreneurs. If you invest 250,000 EUR in a project beneficial to the German economy and create five or more jobs, getting a permit to live and work in Germany is often relatively easy.

Источник: //

Self-employed Dutch visa for freelancers and entrepreneurs – Expat Guide to The Netherlands

Prayer For Employment Visa

If you want to set up your own business, work as a freelancer or practice a profession in the Netherlands, you can apply for a self-employed Dutch residence permit.

If you want to live in the Netherlands and start your own business, work as a freelancer or practice a profession, you must apply for a Dutch residence permit as an entrepreneur. Certain conditions apply to each situation, which are outlined in this guide.

Immigration updates 2017

  • The requirements to work as self-employed in the Netherlands can be rigorous if you are a foreign national. To avoid deterring new businesses, the Dutch government introduced the ‘Startup Visa’, effective as of January 2015, that allows new businesses a preparatory year to prepare the requirements for qualifying for the Dutch self-employment permit.
  • Further changes were made to the Startup Visa in 2016, when the Dutch authorities recognised that after the preliminary start-up year many enterprises were still not able to pass the rigorous scrutiny of the standard self-employed application. As of January 2016 startups may introduce a favourable recommendation from their business facilitator that will replace the points-based system.
  • The prices for self-employment permits were increased in January 2017 (see below).

Moving to the Netherlands

Different rules apply for citizens from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA – EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland – and their family members. Read more in Expatica’s guide for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals moving to the Netherlands.

Otherwise, depending on your nationality, you may need a provisional residence permit (MVV) to enter the Netherlands in addition to a Dutch residence permit to stay in the country for more than three months, although exemptions apply. Find out if you need an entry visa for the Netherlands in our guide to Dutch residence visa (MVV) and permit.

Conditions for self-employed Dutch residence permit

If you’re coming to work as a self-employed person or to set up your own business in the Netherlands, there are certain conditions that must be met to receive approval for your Dutch permit, most notably proving that your business activities serve an essential Dutch interest using a point-based system.

If you are applying for a residence permit to work for your own company, your business will be assessed by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), a division of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, which awards points in three different areas: your personal experience, your business plan and how the business will benefit the Dutch economy.

The points-based review is rigorous; a well-prepared business plan with robust financial projections is a must and your application package should be very carefully put together.

You must score at least 90 300 points, of which you must score at least 30 points in each category.

Only in very limited cases will an exceptional score in one category compensate for a unsatisfactory score in another category.

You must also prove sufficient and long-term means of support, for at least 12 months from the start of the procedure.


To be deemed as self-employed when acting as director or a major shareholder of a company, you must additionally prove you have at least 25 percent interest in the company, be liable for risks and be able to influence the level of your income. If this is not the case, your relationship with the company would be considered as an ’employee’ and you would be required to obtain a work permit for employees.


If you are applying to work as a freelancer you must additionally prove that you have work assignments in the Netherlands at the time that you apply.

Healthcare practitioners

If you intend to provide healthcare services you are subject to regulation by the Individual Healthcare Professions Act (BIG) and you must be included in the BIG register. Upon admission you are able to use your professional title in the Netherlands.

Startup Visa for new entrepreneurs

Since January 2015, certain foreign nationals may be eligible instead to apply for an entrepreneur permit for one preparatory year.

The Dutch authorities acknowledge that many startup companies are not yet in the position to satisfy the points criteria for the standard self-employment visa, and thus the start-up visa was introduced.

The start-up visa authorises a one-year preparatory period in the Netherlands, during which the startup entrepreneur works closely with a business facilitator to get the new enterprise ready to satisfy the conditions of the standard self-employed permit.

The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) keeps a list of recognised facilitators.

The start-up visa cannot be extended. After the first year the facilitator can submit a positive reference to the immigration authorities to support the self-employment permit application.

A declaration issued by your facilitator can be equal to at least the minimum score for personal experience, business plan and added value for the Dutch economy of the point-based system.

Read the conditions to see if you qualify for the Dutch Startup Visa.

Treaties with US and Japan

US citizens can operate as self-employed under a trade agreement between the US and the Netherlands – known as the Dutch American Friendship Treaty (DAFT) – if they start a new business representing a US interest in the Netherlands, invest substantial capital in the enterprise and meet residence requirements in the Netherlands (staying at least six months per year). American entrepreneurs applying for a DAFT permit do not have to satisfy the points-based review.

Japanese nationals were also previously granted freedom on the labour market in the Netherlands, however, since 2016 the IND requires that a residence and work permit is obtained for stays longer than 90 days.

For Japanese entrepreneurs, the IND currently takes the position that the self-employment permit is the appropriate residence permit. The application process is similar to that for US nationals, as there is also a trade agreement in place between Japan and the Netherlands.

This is a situation that is ly to change and Japanese nationals should confirm the latest regulations before applying.

How to apply for a self-employed residence permit

If you require an MVV visa you must file your application at the Dutch embassy or consulate in your own country or in a country where you are legally residing, before you arrive. Read more about applying for your Dutch provisional residence permit (MVV).

If you only need to apply for a residence permit, you can wait until you arrive in the Netherlands to open your Dutch company and file your application.

You can apply by making an appointment at your regional IND desk; contact to find your nearest IND desk, and download the application form here.

You can also apply prior to your arrival if you want to start work as soon as you arrive (apply for your residence permit).

If you are applying for the start-up visa, you do not require an entry visa (MVV) regardless of your nationality, provided all the requirements for the permit are met. Read more about the application process; you or your facilitator can apply directly the IND using this application form.


When you apply for your residence permit, you will need to submit certain documents specific to your business and prove it has an essential Dutch interest. These may include:

  • your passport/ID;
  • proof of income;
  • proof that you are qualified to practice your profession (eg. degree or certification);
  • comprehensive details of your business, such as a business plan, legal and financial aspects, organisation, or market analysis;
  • a certificate of the registration at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (if you will be running a company in the Netherlands) – for more information, click here;
  • work assignments from Dutch employers (if you’re a freelancer);
  • evidence of intended investments in the Netherlands (to demonstrate financial interests in the Netherlands);
  • proof of educational qualifications;
  • evidence of work connections and experience within the Netherlands.


You will have to pay a fee to process your application, which is non-refundable even if your application is rejected. Currently the self-employment permit costs EUR 1,319 (or less after having a Startup Visa), or EUR 317 for the initial start-up visa. Fees are reviewed bi-annually (January and July).


You should allow 90 days for the IND to make their decision. In some cases the IND can extend the decision period for an additional 90 days.


If you are self-employed, you can work without a work permit as long as the work you carry out is the same as set out in your residence application (ie. self-employed activity). If you take on any additional employment, your employer must obtain a work permit for you.

How long is the permit valid for?

Your permit is usually valid for a maximum of two years but it’s possible to extend. Find out how to extend your permit when it expires.

If your circumstances change

If you are no longer self-employed, you will need to apply for a new residence permit. Read our complete guide to Dutch visas and permits to find out which permit could be suitable for your individual situation.

The Immigration & Naturalisation Service (IND)

See the IND website for more information and to find your nearest IND desk; in general, you cannot visit an IND desk unless you have an appointment (with the exception of collecting your permit).

For queries or to make an appointment, you can contact the IND by phone Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm on 088 0430 430 from within the Netherlands or +31 88 0430 430 from abroad.

Immigratie-en NaturalisatiedienstKlantinformatiecentrumPostbus 287


Источник: //

Working in Europe – How to get an EU Visa / Work Permit

Prayer For Employment Visa

Anyone who meets the criteria and requirements set by the European countries can work in Europe. Most European states have their programs, through which they tend to lure foreign professionals and fill job shortages in different fields in the country.

The Schengen work visa does not exist. You can get a Schengen visa for other purposes, as tourism, visiting family and friends, business, medical purposes etc. However, you cannot get a Schengen visa to work in Europe. You are not permitted to work while holding a Schengen visa for other purposes, as well.

Still, you can work in the Schengen Area if you hold a National (D) Visa for employment purposes issued by one of the 26 European countries part of the Schengen Zone.

Each of the Schengen member countries has its own visa policies, which policies differ from one country to the other. The employment visa programs in the European countries have been established to cover the labor needs of the respective countries and fill job shortages.

Therefore, employment visa criteria and requirements, as well as the application process, depend a lot on the labor needs of each country.

Who needs a visa to work in Europe?

Citizens of the USA, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, as well as EU citizens do not need to apply for a work visa to Europe. However, upon arriving at the country where they will be working, they have to apply for their residence and work permit.

Citizens of other countries must apply and get an employment visa before entering the Schengen territories for work purposes.

What are the requirements for a European Work Visa?

The standard requirements for a European employment visa are as following:

  • Application Form. Fully completed and printed twice. Do not forget to sign both copies at the end!
  • Two identical photos. These photos should be taken within the last three months, according to the common Schengen visa photography criteria.
  • Valid passport. Your passport should be no older than ten years and valid for at least three more months, on the date you plan to exit the Schengen territory. Make sure it has at least two blank pages for the visa sticker.
  • Roundtrip flight reservation. This should indicate the dates and flight numbers of entry and exit from the Schengen area. Here you can learn more about how to book a flight reservation for EU visa application!
  • Travel medical insurance. Covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one’s native country due to medical emergencies, up to 30,000 euros. Insurance must be valid in all Schengen countries and purchased before picking up the visa.
  • Proof of Accommodation. A document that shows where you will be residing in the Schengen Area, i.e. rent agreement.
  • Employment contract. An employment contract signed between you and your future employer, residing in the Schengen territory.
  • Proof of Academic Qualifications. As diplomas, certificates, grades’ transcript etc.
  • Proof of language knowledge. Most countries want you to fit in even if you are planning to work there only per one year. That is why many of them will ask you to meet a specific level of knowledge of their official language.

Please note that these are only the basic requirements that you will have to provide in order to get a work visa to Europe. Each of the Schengen member countries, as well as other European states outside of this zone, have their additional requirements.

To get a European work visa, follow the steps listed below:

  1. Check what Employment Visas the country where you wish to work offers.
  2. Figure out if you qualify for a work visa to EU.
  3. Meet the criteria for an EU work visa. Some of the countries will require from you to get a job prior to applying for a visa. Make sure you fulfill these kinds of requirements before applying to get the visa.
  4. Collect the required documents for an employment visa.
  5. Schedule a visa interview.
  6. Attend the interview with all the required documents with you.
  7. Wait for you visa to be processed!

Keep in mind that this is only the standard procedure to apply for an employment visa in Europe. The exact process may differ from one country to the other.

Where to apply for a European Working Visa

Submit your visa application at the body that represents the country where you will be working, in your country of residence. This body could be one of the following:

  • Their embassy
  • Their consulate
  • A visa application center

In case you need to enter the Schengen Area for a short stay, and you do not know where to apply check the rules on Where to apply for a Schengen Visa and How to Choose the Right Embassy/Consulate/VAC to Submit the Visa Application.

When to Apply for a Visa to Work in Europe

You are highly advised to apply for a work visa to Europe at least two months prior to your trip to the Schengen country where you plan to work in. The reason for that, is because the European embassies make take six weeks to process an employment visa application. In extraordinary cases, the processing time may be extended up to 12 weeks.

How long is a work visa valid

Most European Work Visas are valid for one year. Still, in most countries, the visa holders have the chance to apply for a visa extension, upon the expiration of their visa.

The validity of your visa, as well as a few other details will be written in the visa sticker affixed in your passport. Read the visa sticker in your passport carefully for more information.

Can I extend an EU work permit?

You will be able to extend an EU work permit in most countries. There is an application process and some required documents, which you will have to collect and submit at the competent authorities in your European country of residence, prior to your visa / residence permit expiration.

Last Updated on October 26th, 2018

Источник: //

UAE Employment Visa Process (step by step guide)

Prayer For Employment Visa

We are covering step by step guide about UAE Visa Process for employment purpose,read our full guide about theemployment process from receiving a job offer tillreceiving of a work permit and visa stamping on passport in the UAE.

Receiving a job offer(offer Letter):

The employment processin the private sector involves receiving a formal job offer, it also known asJob offer Letter, signing the employment contract, receiving a work permit anda work visa.

What is Job OfferLetter:

An offer Letter or Joboffer Letter is a formal offer of employment from a company (sponsor). When acompany (sponsor) makes a verbal job offer, the hiring manager or HR departmentof the company will typically call the selected applicant to let them know thatthey are being offered the job.

What Details need tobe written in Job Offer Letter:

The offer letter containsall important details of the job and an annex that summarizes the mostimportant aspects of the UAE Labour Law.

The most common andimportant details to be included are:

1: Job Description

2: Basic Salary

3: Total Salary

4: Benefits

5: Date of Employmentbegins etc

Please note that bothparties must sign the Job offer letter, it will only become valid once itsigned by both parties.

UAE LABOUR LAW aboutJob Offer Letter:

As per UAE LABOUR LAW,an offer letter made to a foreign (expatriate) worker becomes legally bindingafter it is signed by both parties. An offer letter to a foreign worker signedby both parties becomes a legal contract.

Can Company change, orEdit Job details after worker sign:

Hence, after signing,the employer (company) is not allowed to alter or replace any provisions of theoffer letter unless such changes have the consent of both the employer (company)and the employee (worker), are within the scope of law and do not compromisethe rights of the employee (worker).

Do not sign until youunderstood what is written:

This is company (employer)responsibility to ensure that the employee (worker) has read the offer letterand understood it.

If it is proved incourt that a worker (employee) did not go through the details of offer letterbefore signing the ministry of labour contract, the employer (company) will befined 20,000 AED for submitting incorrect data to Ministry of Human Resourcesand Emiratisation.

What you have signed inoffer letter will print on Ministry Contract:

If the employee(worker) is in the UAE, he must sign the offer letter before the employer canseek MOHRE preliminary approval for his employment process.

Employers mustdisclose the terms of the offer letter to MOHRE. A copy of the offer letter is storedin the MOHRE database. Employees (workers) are issued work permits or visas signed offer letters by candidates or selected applicants.

Signing the Ministry Contract:

The employment contractalso known as Ministry of Labour Contract is a document that need to be signed byboth the employer (company) and the employee (worker) in which the latterundertakes to serve the company and works under company’s management against anagreed fee paid by the employer (company).

As we have discussedabove that the employment contract should be the offer letter signedby both parties (company and worker) and must be submitted to MOHRE within 14days of the employee's (workers) arrival in the UAE the employmententry permit or from the date of status change (if you are in a status whichallows you to transfer your visa; i.e. not having violated any law).

Available Languages in employmentcontract:

In January 2016,Ministry approved and added more languages on the job offer and Labour contract.

In addition to Arabicand English, employees (workers) can choose from the following 9 languages:

1: Urdu

2: Bengali

3: Chinese

4: Dari

5: Hindi

6: Malayalam

7: Nepalese

8: Sinhalese

9: Tamil

This applies to workerscoming from outside or workers those residing in the UAE that are seeking a newjob, changing sponsor or moving from one company to another.

To Read more Important Articles, Click Here

UAE Visa Process guide ended here, don't forget to share with others.

Thank you For Visiting Us
 SHARING IS CARING, SHARE MAY SOMEONE NEED IT”,”author”:”UAE Labours Blog”,”date_published”:null,”lead_image_url”:”//”,”dek”:null,”next_page_url”:null,”url”:”//”,”domain”:””,”excerpt”:”We are covering step by step guide about UAE Visa Process for employment purpose,read our full guide about the employment process from receiving a job offer till receiving of a work permit and visa…”,”word_count”:717,”direction”:”ltr”,”total_pages”:1,”rendered_pages”:1}

Источник: //

Federal Foreign Office – Visa regulations

Prayer For Employment Visa

EU nationals do not require a visa to enter the Federal Republic of Germany.

Non-EU nationals

Generally speaking, all other foreigners require a visa for stays in Germany. A visa is not required for visits of up to 90 days in an 180‑day period for nationals of those countries for which the European Community has abolished the visa requirement.

You will find an overview on visa requirements here:

Table of countries whose citizens require/do not require visas to enter Germany

Information for Britons and their family members

Information is provided on the Homepage of the German Missions in the United Kingdom.

Bodies responsible for issuing visas

Under German law (section 71 (2) of the Residence Act), responsibility for issuing visas lies with the missions of the Federal Republic of Germany, i.e. its embassies and consulates‑general.

In principle, the Federal Foreign Office is not involved in decisions on individual visa applications, nor does it have any knowledge of the status of individual applications being processed by the missions.

Ratione loci competence (local responsibility) for issuing the visa lies with the mission responsible for the area in which the applicant has his/her ordinary residence or domicile.

Ratione materiae competence (subject‑matter responsibility) lies with the mission of the Schengen state in whose territory the sole or main destination is situated.

Visa fees

Please refer to our fees page for information:

Information on visa fees PDF / 268 KB

Time required to process a visa application

As a rule, missions require between two and ten working days to decide on an application for a short stay visa. Applications for visas entitling the holder to a longer stay or to take up gainful employment may take several months to process.

During the peak travel season there may be a waiting period for making an application to a German mission. Persons requiring a visa to enter Germany should therefore submit their applications in good time.

Application procedure

As a rule, applicants must submit visa applications, together with all necessary documents, in person at the German mission responsible for their place of residence.

In order to avoid time‑consuming requests for additional information or documentation, applicants should consult the website of the respective mission well in advance of their departure date to find out about the visa procedure and about the documentation which has to be submitted.

Visa application forms can be obtained from the mission free of charge (in the local language). Applicants may also download the forms at the bottom of this page. The forms submitted must be original versions in the appropriate language of the mission in question. Application forms may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the competent mission.

Requirements for the issue of short stay (Schengen) visas

Since 5 April 2010, Regulation (EC) No. 810/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code) forms the statutory basis under European law in all Schengen states for the issuing of visas for transit through the Schengen area or for short‑term stays in the Schengen area not exceeding 90 days in any 180‑day period.

The Visa Code standardises the visa requirements which must be examined by the mission in the course of the visa procedure. The respective mission makes a decision on the visa application at its own discretion, taking into account all the circumstances in any given individual case.

There is no automatic entitlement to a Schengen visa.

The mission must ensure that the following requirements have been met in each individual case:

  1. The purpose of the trip to Germany must be plausible and comprehensible.
  2. The applicant must be in a position to finance his/her living and travel costs from his/her own funds or income.
  3. The visa holder must be prepared to leave the Schengen area before the visa expires.
  4. Documentary evidence must be provided of travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros valid for the entire Schengen area.

Should an applicant be unable to prove that he/she can finance the journey and stay from his/her own funds, a third person may undertake to cover all costs associated with the trip in accordance with sections 66 and 68 of the Residence Act. This undertaking is normally to be made to the foreigners authority in the place of residence of the person making the undertaking.

Persons whose entry into the Schengen area would jeopardise security or public order in the Schengen states or who do not fulfil one or more of the above‑mentioned requirements, cannot be granted a visa.

Should a visa application be rejected, the applicant will be informed of the main reasons for the rejection. Every applicant is entitled to take legal recourse against the mission’s decision.

Requirements for the issue of visas for longer stays and/or stays entitling the holder to take up gainful employment

As a rule, all foreigners require visas for stays of more than three months or stays leading to gainful employment. Exemptions apply to EU and EEA (European Economic Area) citizens and Swiss nationals.

Furthermore, citizens of Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea and the United States of America may obtain any residence permit that may be required after entering Germany.

Citizens of all other countries planning a longer stay in Germany must apply for visas at the competent mission before arriving in the country. Such visa applications must be approved by the relevant foreigners authority in Germany, i.e.

the foreigners authority in the place where the applicant intends to take up residence.

If the approval of the foreigners authority is necessary before a visa can be issued, the procedure can take up to three months, in some cases longer, since the foreigners authority will often consult other authorities (e.g. the Federal Employment Agency). Missions may only issue visas once they have obtained the approval of the foreigners authority.

Visas entitling holders to take up gainful employment often do not require the approval of the foreigners authority, which speeds up the application process.

Visa application forms for a long‑term stay (longer than three months) can be obtained from the relevant mission free of charge. They can also be downloaded here (German, English, French, Italian).

The forms submitted must be original versions (at least two sets) in the appropriate language of the mission in question.

Please contact the mission beforehand to find out exactly which forms are required.

The foreigners authorities are also responsible for measures and decisions pertaining to residence law for foreigners already residing in Germany.

Foreigners authorities are not subordinate agencies of the Federal Foreign Office, and the Federal Foreign Office cannot influence their decisions.

They are in fact accountable to and operate under the supervision of the respective interior ministries and senators of the Länder (federal states).

As a result of Regulation 265/2010 it is now possible for anyone in possession of a national visa (D visa) and a valid travel document to move freely in the Schengen area up to three months in any six‑month period.

Simplifying the procedure for applying for Schengen visas

The possibility of downloading and filling in visa application forms online, and then taking the completed and printed out form to the interview at the visa section where they can be scanned in electronically via a barcode has done much to reduce the time required to process the application at the visa counter. In addition, many German missions have introduced an electronic appointments system to help manage the number of visitors to the mission and thus shorten waiting times.

The increasing number of visas issued which entitle holders to multiple short stays in the Schengen area over a long period of time means it is no longer necessary to submit visa applications repeatedly. This option is of particular benefit to persons who have to travel frequently for professional or private reasons and have proven their reliability by using previous visa legally.

In future all missions will electronically scan in applicants’ fingerprints when accepting visa applications. This biometric procedure will be introduced gradually region by region, probably by the end of 2014.

Once a person’s fingerprints have been scanned in, an interview at the mission will only be necessary in exceptional cases when submitting a visa application.

A renewed biometric procedure is envisaged after five years.


Источник: //

Нет комментариев

    Добавить комментарий

    Ваш e-mail не будет опубликован. Все поля обязательны для заполнения.

    Рекомендуем посмотреть