Prayer For All Who Show God’s Mercy
Divine Mercy | Facts, Resources and Prayers
Faustina was asked by her spiritual director and confessor to ask Jesus what the blue and red rays meant.
“During prayer I heard these words within me: The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous.
The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls…These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father.
Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him.”
We are not only to receive the mercy of God, but to use it by being merciful to others through our actions, our words, and our prayers; in other words, we are to practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works (Acts) of Mercy.
The Lord wants us to do these works of mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no use without works.
Jesus’ Call to Mercy
“I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.
I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbor:
the first — by deed, the second — by word, the third — by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for Me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy.
Many souls … are often worried because they do not have the material means with which to carry out an act of mercy. Yet spiritual mercy, which requires neither permissions nor storehouses, is much more meritorious and is within the grasp of every soul.
If a soul does not exercise mercy somehow or other, it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment. Oh, if only souls knew how to gather eternal treasure for themselves, they would not be judged, for they would forestall My judgment with their mercy” (1317).
What are the Works of Mercy?
How to Pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Begin with the Sign of the Cross, Recite One (1) Our Father, Recite One (1) Hail Mary and Recite One (1) The Apostles Creed.
- Then on the large beads on a Rosary – (Our Father Beads) say the following: Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world
- On the smaller beads (10 Hail Mary Beads) say the following: For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. (Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades).
- Conclude with (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Prayer for Mercy
Oh My Jesus – Forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy.
The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy as a Novena
The Lord told me to say this chaplet for nine days before the Feast of Mercy. It is to begin on Good Friday. By this novena, I will grant every possible grace to souls. (Diary, 796)
Novena to The Divine Mercy which Jesus instructed me to write down and make before the Feast of Mercy. It begins on Good Friday.
“I desire that during these nine days you bring souls to the fount of My mercy, that they may draw therefrom strength and refreshment and whatever graces they need in the hardships of life and, especially, at the hour of death.
On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My bitter Passion, for graces for these souls.”
- First Day: Today, bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me. (1210)
- Second Day: Today bring to Me the souls of priests and religious, and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave Me the strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them, as through channels, My mercy flows out upon mankind. (1212)
- Third Day: Today bring to Me all devout and faithful souls, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought Me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were that drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness. (1214)
- Fourth Day: Today bring to Me the pagans and those who do not yet know me. I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. (1216)
- Fifth Day: Today bring to Me the souls of heretics and schismatic, and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart; that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church, My wounds heal, and in this way they alleviate My Passion. (1218)
- Sixth Day: Today bring to Me the meek and humble souls and the souls of little children, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who would keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. Only the humble soul is able to receive My grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence. (1220)
- Seventh Day: Today bring to Me the souls who especially venerate and glorify My mercy, and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over My Passion and entered most deeply into My Spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death. (1224)
- Eighth Day: Today bring to Me the souls who are in the prison of Purgatory, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice. (1226)
- Ninth Day: Today bring to Me souls who have become lukewarm, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: “Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.” For them, the last hope of salvation is to flee to My mercy. (1228)
What is the Divine Mercy?
In 1933, God gave Sister Faustina a striking vision of His Mercy, Sister tells us:
“I saw a great light, with God the Father in the midst of it. Between this light and the earth I saw Jesus nailed to the Cross and in such a way that God, wanting to look upon the earth, had to look through Our Lord’s wounds and I understood that God blessed the earth for the sake of Jesus.”
Of another vision on Sept. 13, 1935, she writes:
“I saw an Angel, the executor of God’s wrath… about to strike the earth…I began to beg God earnestly for the world with words which I heard interiorly. As I prayed in this way, I saw the Angel’s helplessness, and he could not carry out the just punishment….”
The following day an inner voice taught her to say this prayer on ordinary rosary beads:
“First say one ‘Our Father’, ‘Hail Mary’, and ‘I believe’.
Then on the large beads say the following words:
‘Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.’
On the smaller beads you are to say the following words:
‘For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world.’
In conclusion you are to say these words three times:
‘Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world’.
Jesus said later to Sister Faustina:
“Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as the last hope.
Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to know My Infinite Mercy.
I want to give unimaginable graces to
those who trust in My Mercy….”
“….When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior”.
Christ died so that you might live
DIVINE MERCY PRAYER Lord have forgiveness and mercy on me
Sometimes we have dark periods in our life, when we feel totally lost. We feel that we are sinners and even can’t dream about asking God for His mercy. But our God is merciful and loving and one of the biggest sins is to hesitate and deny His mercy.
We can’t hesitate in Divine mercy even in situations when we have committed a mortal sin. God mercy is boundless.
We need to say divine mercy prayer with the deep faith in our hearts and ask “Lord, have forgiveness and mercy on me!” And we will receive His mercy and forgiveness answer, also peace to our hearts.
Divine Mercy Prayer
Oh God of all mercy, I pray you today for mercy over my life, family, ministry, career. I walk with you, let your sure mercy surround me. Do not leave me to myself, Lord let your mercy frees me every tight situation. Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. In Jesus name, Amen.
Bible says in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him”. So we don’t need to hesitate on God’s intentions regarding us.
He gave to us the biggest gift – His Son to save us from death and to give us eternal life. We need to recognize that we are only weak people, who can’t stay on the right way without the help and support of God. We never deserve God’s mercy as our nature is sinful, but we must never stop believing and praying divine mercy prayer.
Why we Need to Pray “Lord, have Forgiveness and Mercy on Me”?
Divine mercy prayer is a prayer that every believer should pray since we are not perfect beings and need for God’s support and mercy in any situation.
“Oh satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (Psalm 90: 14).
God mercy is crucial to our salvation as Ephesians 2:4-6 say “But God who is rich in mercy, for his great love, wherewith he loved us….”. So the divine mercy and forgiveness are an essential part of our walk with God, we can’t rely only on ourselves and our efforts.
Believing in God’s mercy and asking for it is the only way to reach the eternal life. We must to live according God’s will. Jude 1:21 says, “Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ into eternal life”. You’d love to daily pray for mercy as a believer.
There are a number of circumstances where we need the divine mercy prayer
One of such occasions is when we sin against God. Bible says, if we cover our sins, we shall not prosper. By confessing our sins and saying prayer for mercy forgiveness comes.
As much as sin is not a lifestyle for the believer, but the Bible says “if” we sin, there is a place for mercy, (not because we deserve forgiveness, but because He is all merciful and that we may fear Him).
Psalm 130:4 says, “But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared”.
David in Psalms 51:1 prayed (after committing the sin of adultery and murder) “Have mercy upon me, o God according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions”.Also, we say the divine mercy prayer during challenging times. At such times when even our good works cannot save us, we cry for mercy. “The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me my distresses” (Psalms 25:17).
David prayed for God’s mercy several times when he was afflicted and troubled by king Saul, and the above psalm was one of such times, and in all of these hard times, the Lord God showed him mercy and bailed him out.
Daily prayer points for mercy and forgiveness
- Prayer to God for forgiveness of sins
- Pray for forgiving others
- Prayer to forgive for yourself
Noteworthy is the fact that the prayer of divine mercy is a prayer for the “weak” and not the “strong”.
We know fully well that outside of God, we are just nothing, there are no strong people, His strength is perfect in our weakness. For folks who are not ‘all-powerful’, (nobody is all-powerful but God) we have learned how to draw strength from God always.
“Have mercy upon me O LORD, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed” (Psalms 6:2).
So ask God for mercy daily, knowing well that each day you live is just gift by His mercy. Lamentations 3:22 says, ”It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed…” There are no achievers in the kingdom, we are all receivers. A cry for mercy God will not deny.
Also read: GOD HELP ME! Dealing with Hopeless Situations