Prayer For A Stressful Day
54 Powerful Prayer for Pastors and Church Leaders Points
Home Intercession 54 Powerful Prayer for Pastors and Church Leaders Points
Having been involved in ministry for a while now, I know just how stressful shepherding people can be. This is especially true for those who are truly sold out to the cause. A study carried out by Duke Divinity School revealed that the rate of depression among pastors is about double of that of everyone else.
The rate was slightly lower for pastors who were interviewed in person. One could accredit this to the pastors not wanting to burden others with their burdens. This is the way that our pastors are trained in general. https://today.duke.edu/2013/08/clergydepressionnewsrelease
As the body of Christ, we are called to hold each other up. The ones we often turn to and depend on need to know that at the very minimum they can depend on us to lift them up in prayer. Some of the greatest scandals that have rocked the church have been a result of mishaps and misfortunes of leaders.
These people are no deities; they are just as humane as any one of us. Expectations are higher for them, and so are some of the temptations and scrutiny that they face daily. Above that, they also carry additional problem that their flocks are facing at any given time. This is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination.
Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
The scripture above illustrates the key issue here. The enemy’s strategy will always be to target the ones who are in leadership positions. Jesus himself recognised this, as was said in Zechariah 13:7. Our prayers should stand guard over our shepherds. This is what these prayer points are about. As we stand guard over the men and women of God, the Lord will cover all of us.Beyond the pastors, there are various leaders in ministries. These may be standing in official positions or simply functioning in said capacity. We want to lift these servants up to the Lord as well. Every individual who gives their time and effort to the work of the Lord within the church.
Father keep our shepherds in the right place, may we not be scattered. Uphold and uplift their being, their standing and their voice. May they always stand in and rely on you! Guide and keep us oh Lord! We pray over every person that will raise their voice to you on behalf of their pastors and leaders. Bless and keep them oh Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen
Day to Day Ministry
2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
- We want to pray that our pastors would be empower by the Holy Spirit in the preaching of the word.
- Give them boldness oh Lord, to speak matters of your heart and not to seek to please man.
- Give our pastors boldness to stand as corrector to the flock. In these times where wickedness goes unchecked in the church. Let our pastors arise.
- Grant our pastors and leaders grace to be encouragers of the body of Christ. Give them wisdom to know what to say!
- May their walk in Christ be filled with patience. May their footsteps bring peace and joy!
- May their walk be blameless before you! Raise them to truly be men and women after your own heart.
Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
- Father we thank you for the gift of stewardship. We thank you for the flocks that you have given pastors to watch over. Grant them grace to lead as you would.
- May the value of the flock be never diminished in their eyes. May they always remember the price that you paid for every single person under their care.
- Grant our leaders grace to remain watchful over themselves, that they may not stray from your will, oh Lord!
50+ Powerful Biblical Prayer Points for Healing for the sick
Hebrews 13:17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
- Lord we come against the blinding spirit of pride and arrogance in our church leaders. May they remain coachable.
- Lord we pray for the body of Christ. Grant us grace to submit to authority of the office that our leaders stand under. Give us wisdom to respect the anointing you have placed on these men and women.
- May our ministries not be a burden for the leaders. Let them be a great source of strength and of joy.
To whom much is given
James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
- Father we thank you for the sacrifice that leadership is. The pray for our leaders today. We pray for preservation for them and for their families.
New pastors and leaders
Jeremiah 3:15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.
- Father in these selfish times, raise selfless shepherds for your people!
- Lord reveal your heart to your people. Raise pastors after your own heart.
- We come against the spirit of arrogance and self-centred aspiration.
- Father remove the spirit of greed that is eating at the heart of our churches today. May our churches be known for being your hand in our communities.
- We pray that you would pull down those who have strayed away from your will, and seeking to profit off the gospel.
Servant Hearted Leadership
1 Peter 5:1-4 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed:
2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;
3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
- Father we pray that our pastors, deacons, elders and all others serving in ministry would never forget the honour that it is to be able to serve your people.
- Raise leaders who are more keen to wash others’ feet than to have their own feet washed.
- May your gospel not be tainted by greed, oh Lord.
- Father, may our leaders be exemplary in all that they do.
- As church leaders, Lord we pray that we always remember that we are stewards of all that is in our hands. Grant us grace to multiply and not to hoard for ourselves.
Strength and Perseverance
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Father we pray for all pastors going through tough periods. Renew their strength.
- May they never forget that they can lean on you. Grant them humility and wisdom to know when they are weary and in need of rest. More than anything, grant them wisdom to seek you in these times.
- We pray that you would raise a solid support system for our leaders. We come against the spirit of loneliness, in Jesus’ name.
- We declare that our pastors will hope in you, oh Lord. They will soar eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Prayer Points for Pastors: Unshakable leadership
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- Father we thank you for the families of church leaders. We thank your for the sacrifices that they also have to make. There is a cost to them as well, as their loved ones serve. Bless them oh Lord!
- We pray for leaders who have sown seed but are yet to see fruit. Give them wisdom to know to wait on you.
- Father let none of our service, as leaders be half-hearted. May we always be fully committed to all we do for you and through you!
- We come against the spirit of envy, and denominationalism. Grant us grace to walk in one accord, in Christ.
Do not be weary
Galatian 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Father we call upon a harvest for every seed sown in evangelism. Wherever the gospel has been shared, let it begin to take root.
- We pray for consistency and persistence in doing your will.
- May your good works never run short of doers, oh Lord. I refuse that the rocks would cry out while I live!!
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- Lord we pray for sustenance and provision for our leaders. May they not be plagued by lack while they serve.
- We pray that their needs would not become gluttonous.
- May their hearts not be filled with worldly desires of gathering possessions and wealth for themselves.
Prayer Points for pastors and church leaders: Do not muzzle
1 Timothy 5:18 For Scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”
- Lord raise us to always be uplifters of leadership.
- May our leaders never have to carry burdens alone.
- Grant us grace to be their providers as they provide for us spiritually.
- May our leaders be known to be yours even by how they spend their resources. Your word says that where our treasure is, is where our heart is. May their hearts be in you always.
The ministry of prayer
Acts 6:2 “But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
- Lord we banish the spirit of prayerlessness among our leaders. May they be men and women of prayer, more than they are doers.
- Let their actions be birthed in the prayer closet.
- We pray for our church prayer meetings to be uplifted.
- Let our church prayer meetings become incubators of your glory.
- We pray for overflow in the miraculous. Overflow in healing, in testimonies from time vested in prayer.
- Our prayer closets will never be neglected.
- Lord may your eternal word be shared relentless among us.
- Bring unity and harmony beyond our religious and denominational divides.
- Bring a prayer revival into our homes, into our workplaces, into our schools and more than ever, into our churches. In Jesus’ name.
We want to take this time to thank you for taking time to pray with us. Let us keep our churches and leaders uplifted through prayer. I remember reading how high the rates of suicide were among pastors. God forbid that this would become acceptable under our watch.
We are stewards even of our words, of our prayers. Let us not be the steward that buried his talent. May your mouth bring forth great things in your sphere, through Christ Jesus! Thanks for using these prayer points for pastors and church leaders.
These prayer points and more can be found on www.prayerrelay.com
Originally posted 2018-03-08 00:58:43.
report this ad
This Prayer for Peace Will Bless You All Day!
A prayer for peace may be used to petition God for world peace or for personal inner peace when your own life is troubled. Here, you’ll find the ultimate collection of prayers for both issues. Here are prayers to strengthen, bring hope, and help you open up communication with God.
I have the opportunity, once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant some trees, and sing more joyful songs. -William Arthur Ward tweet
It is important to pray for peace. . . But you must also take actions to make that happen. Every single day. tweet
The world wants to steal your peace. Your mind wants to steal your peace. But, don’t worry because prayer has the effects on mental health. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.” John 14:27
Prayers for Peace of Mind and Heart
A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body, but envy, jealousy, and wrath are rottenness of the bones. (Amplified Translation)
These prayers for peace of mind asks god to relieve anxiety and stress, and grant a clarity of mind to feel at ease in one’s life. Say it in the morning or evening on a daily basis until you feel at peace.
Also, one of the best prayers for anxiety is the famous Acceptance Prayer. If you’re not familiar with this prayer, I highly recommend it.
Life can easily spiral control, but not when prayer becomes a priority. – Jackie M. Johnson tweet
A Prayer for Peace of Mind
Almighty God, We bless you for our lives, we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace we receive. We thank you for your faithfulness even though we are not that faithful to you. Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit. We want you to heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family, at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out and stay by our side when we return. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Heavenly Father, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly.
Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you’ve laid out for me. I trust your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night.
Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
In your name I pray, Amen.
You can also read prayer for abundance and its benefits.
Prayer for Peace and Healing
I meditate on you O Lord.For you have borne the pain,You have lived the trauma,
You have tasted shame.
I meditate on you O Lord.For you have beaten death,You have covered everything
With gentle loving breath.
I meditate on you O Lord.For you’re the promise bright,You’re the hope of healing hands,
You’re the brightest light.
I meditate on you O Lord.Come meet me in my fears,Touch me with your wings of love,
And lift my heart of tears.
I meditate on you O Lord.My saviour and my friend,My comforter, my one and all,
On you I will depend.
A Prayer for Health
A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body;
jealousy is cancer in the bones. (Proverbs. 14:30 NLT)
You know the stress points in my life. One by one I hand them over to you. I lay them at your feet, knowing that you care for me even more than I care for myself. I give you all my fears, anxieties, pain, sin, burdens, and worries.
I surrender all of that to you.
And I receive from you, Prince of Peace, the quiet fortitude of your Holy Spirit, the peace that stays calm even in the battle, the confidence that doesn’t diminish when everything around me shakes profusely.
Please cleanse me of all negative emotions towards others. Forgive me for jealousy, covetousness, envy, and anger. Help me to rejoice with those who rejoice. And then please, Lord, grow me up to maturity.Renew my mind in your Holy Word, and give me your great joy. As I walk in your love, I know the level of Peace will grow in my heart and expand and spill over to others.
That peace will be a source of health to my body, and for that, I thank you in advance.
I surrender myself to your leadership, Your Lordship. I love You, Father, and I thank you for your Spirit living and abiding in me. Thank you that I have the power that Jesus has promised to withstand every trial, temptation, and test.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayer for Anxious People
“Father, I pray for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends who are carrying heavy loads… Your Word says an anxious heart weighs a person down, and this is how I think they must feel—as if they’re carrying heavy loads, more than they can bear.
When they feel upset and beside themselves, calm them down and comfort them with the assurance of Your love. Help them not be overwhelmed by anxious thoughts.
(Proverbs 12:25a; Psalm 94:19) Our hearts are not supposed to be troubled; but that’s their struggle—help them trust
You and the Lord Jesus, as I know they must.
Help them understand that You are the One who makes a way when things seem impossible; nothing is too hard for You! (John 14:27; Isaiah 43:19; Jeremiah 32:17; Luke 1:37) Help them be faithful to You and to the way You want them to live, for You guard the lives of those who are faithful; You protect them and never turn away from them. Help them know You as their fortress, as the rock in whom they take refuge, as One who is good, whose love endures forever, whose faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 97:10; Proverbs 2:8; Psalm 37:28; 94:22; 100:5)
In Jesus’ name, amen.”
Lord, I am frazzled. My hands are full and my mind is reeling with all the things I have to do. Please help me to accomplish all that needs to get done each day and to find rest. As I work, help me to be productive and peaceful. As I love others, help me to be calm and encouraging. I need your peace in every area of my life today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation.
2 Thessalonians 3:16
Lord, it feels there’s so much to accomplish each day, and sometimes it’s hard to rest. I’m afraid I won’t get it all done. I’m afraid I will fail. Yet you promise to strengthen me.
You are the mighty God! Help me to focus on what you can do, not what I cannot. Empower and encourage me. Give me the lasting strength only you can give. Replenish me so I can live life better and stronger.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.
Prayer for Comfort and Strength
(a prayer for those in a difficult or stressful place)
Lord,Lead me into the valley of your protection.
May I feel safe and secure sheltered there.
Lead me to drink from streams of life.
May I find hope and healing in the waters.
Lead me to fields of green meadows.
May I rest in quiet places on the softness of your grass.
Lead me into the light of your eternal truth.
May I bathe in the promise of heaven.
Getting My Priorities in Order
Lord, I have my agenda, but what do you want done today? Help me to prioritize all that needs to get done. In the midst of life’s busyness, help me to be centered on what’s truly important and not always get caught up in the urgent. Help me to put you first, for I know that from my replenishing time with you all else flows. I will seek you first. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Lord, I am so grateful for rest. It was your idea in the first place! Instead of tossing and turning at night with eyes wide open, I give you my worries and cares, my lists and schedules. With open hands, help me to release all I cling to so tightly. I need rest for my spirit and my body. Let me live from a calm and grounded center as I come to you each day. In Jesus’ name. Amen.Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
Prayers for World Peace
Compassionate God and Father of all,we are horrified at violencein so many parts of the world.
It seems that none are safe, and some are terrified.
Hold back the hands that kill and maim;turn around the hearts that hate.Grant instead your strong Spirit of Peace –peace that passes our understandingbut changes lives,through Jesus Christ our Lord.
A Prayer for Peace In Our World
Make your ways known upon earth, Lord God,your saving power among all peoples.Renew your Church in holinessand help us to serve you with joy.Guide the leaders of all nations,that justice may prevail throughout the world.Let not the needy be forgotten,nor the hope of the poor be taken away.Make us instruments of your peace
and let your glory be over all the earth. Amen
A Prayer For The Peace Of The World
from whom all thought of truth and peace proceed:
kindle, we pray, in the hearts of all, the true love of peace
and guide with your pure and peaceable wisdom
those who take counsel for the nations of the earth
that in tranquility your kingdom may go forward,
till the earth be filled with your knowledge of your love;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
A Prayer For Peace In Our Communities
Gracious God,We pray for peace in our communities this day.We commit to you all who work for peace and an end to tensions,And those who work to uphold law and justice.We pray for an end to fear,For comfort and support to those who suffer.For calm in our streets and cities,That people may go about their lives in safety and peace.In your mercy, hear our prayers,
now and always. Amen
A Prayer For Peace and Justice
God our deliverer,
defender of the poor and needy;
when the foundations of the earth are shaking,
give strength to your people to uphold justice and fight all wrong,
in the name of your son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
David Stancliffe (1942-)
Prayer for Family Peace
Lord, bless our familyMay we be a beautiful garden for you.Help us to live in harmony, to provide support to each other when needed and at other times space for each of us to grow.
Help us to take the time to receive the warmth of your grace in our lives and to drink from the water of life daily.Guide us as we live our lives to have the right balance of work, rest and play.
May we be healthy, contented and giving in all that we do.
Create in us an oasis of love and hope that others can rest within and enjoy.
Prayers for Peace
Most gracious God and Father,in whose will is our peace:turn our hearts and the hearts of all to yourself,that by the power of your Spiritthe peace which is founded on righteousnessmay be established throughout the whole world;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
God, our refuge and strength,bring near the day when wars shall ceaseand poverty and pain shall end,that earth may know the peace of heaven
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
A Litany of Peace
Let us pray for all who suffer as a result of conflict,
and ask that God may give us peace:
for the service men and women who have died in the violence of war,
each one remembered by and known to God;
May God give peace
God give peace
for those who love them in death as in life,
offering the distress of our grief and the sadness of our loss;
May God give peace
God give peace
for all members of the armed forces who are in danger this day,
remembering family, friends and all who pray for their safe return;
May God give peace
God give peace
for civilian women, children and men whose lives are disfigured by war or terror,
calling to mind in penitence the anger and hatreds of humanity;
May God give peace
God give peace
for peace-makers and peace-keepers,
who seek to keep this world secure and free;
May God give peace
God give peace
for all who bear the burden and privilege of leadership,
political, military and religious;
asking for gifts of wisdom and resolve in the search for
reconciliation and peace.
May God give peace
God give peace
O God of truth and justice,
we hold before you those whose memory we cherish,
and those whose names we will never know.
Help us to lift our eyes above the torment of this broken world,
and grant us the grace to pray for those who wish us harm.
As we honour the past, may we put our faith in your future;
for you are the source of life and hope,
now and for ever. Amen.