Marriage Restoration Prayer
11 Prayers for Marriage Restoration After Adultery
When you deal with a break of trust, it can be very challenging to restore your faith in the other person. These prayers for marriage restoration after adultery will help you to reignite your past love and commitment to one another.
Lord, thank you for the good work that you have started in my marriage. I know that you will do mite to the end. I ask for the strength to stay courageous and strong in your promises as you work out things in our marriage.
Replace every negative feeling with love and help us to work through our differences.Every man or woman determined to scatter thus marriage will not succeed. Their evil plans will scatter in Jesus name.
I refuse to be tempted to try other alternatives. I will not be discouraged even if it seems that nothing is happening at the moment. Your word is greater and surer than any other power. So I choose to trust in you.
Oh Lord, I believe you are working in my life and that of my spouse to reconcile us back to to you and to each other.
Lord, stir my spouse’s thoughts with the same good and loving thoughts that existed when our love for each other was still very strong.
Let my heart and that of my spouse burn in love for you and for each other.
Lord, rekindle our love for one another. Where ever my spouse needs understanding to be drawn to you, Father give him or her that understanding.
Lord heal each one of our emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus name. Amen.
Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I believe that you are the son of God and that you died for the sin of the whole world. I admit that I have not done everything right. I repent of my sins and want you to change my life.
Forgive my sins and come into my heart, and wash me with your blood. I believe that you are the son of God and that you died for the sin of the whole world. I admit that I have not done everything right. I repent of my sins and want you to change my life. Forgive my sins and come into my heart, and wash me with your blood. Amen.
Lord, I come to you with this petition because I know that you have made me one flesh with my spouse and you have said that no man should come between us (Matthew 19:6).
So I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting our marriage. Every foreign power that’s manipulating this marriage is dealt a heavy blow in Jesus name.
Oh Lord, reveal their evil agenda. Expose them and bring their plan to nought.
I pray that their seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown is uprooted by fire, in Jesus name.
Father, I come before you. I ask that you do a new thing in his life. Let him experience your divine love and grace. Cover him with the precious blood of Jesus. Lord, you said in your word,” for this cause shall a man leave, his mother and father and the two shall become one flesh.” Unite us as never before and let him feel my love and support.
I cancel every assignment of the enemy to make him feel inadequate. Help me to show greater love, respect, and affection. Cause my husband to surrender every weight and burden to you Lord and bring restoration to his/her heart and mind.
Help him to trust you and seek your guidance in everything. I command every burden to be broken off his life right now in the name of Jesus. Bring him into the full knowledge of you will and cause him to be the husband and father you have called them to be. Let him walk in victory and wisdom in all he does. In the Jesus name. Amen!
Lord, it is your will that we be reconciled together and that our love for each other will grow and blossom, no matter what has happened between us in the past.
Lord, heal our marriage of all spiritual attacks and manipulations. Let this healing start with me. Lord, have mercy on our relationship and rebuild the trust and honesty that has eluded this marriage.
Lord, I command seven-fold restoration of the trust and honesty that the evil one has stolen from us, in Jesus name.
Father, I bring this couple before you today. I ask you will touch the heart of this husband that he might know your divine love. Whatever he is seeking that is not in you will let him find only emptiness.
I bind everything that is separating him from you. Send people to him to share the Gospel of your son, and let them man surrender to the highest God.
Let him be, saved, healed and restored, right now, in Jesus name!
Remind him of his commitment and vow he made to his wife before you. Father, you said the king’s heart is in your hand, so I know this husband’s heart is also in your hand! Turn his heart back to his wife and family in the name of Jesus. I speak restoration of the love and this marriage, in the Name of Jesus. Amen
Lord, deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Fill up every space in our hearts with your peace, love, joy so that there’s no room for negative emotions.
Lord teach us to treat one another with dignity, love, and respect.
Lord I asked for the grace and emotional strength to avoid the use of anger and unforgiveness as a weapon to fight against my spouse. I pray that we will no longer allow our emotions to be manipulated and used to drive a wedge between us, in Jesus name. Amen.
Father God, I thank you for who you are and for the promises that you have made concerning me and my spouse. Your Word is ever true and your promise of blessings and multiplication that you have promised me throughout the ages (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 6:14) is forever mine, in Jesus name.
You have promised to bless me exceedingly and it is your heart’s desire to enlarge my coast.Every satanic covenant that is going against your continual and uninterrupted blessing in this marriage, I command the rain of fire to consume them, in Jesus name.
I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage in Jesus name.
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank you for this woman. You have said for this cause shall a man leave his mother and father and the two shall become one flesh. Father, I cancel the assignment the enemy has set forth to destroy this family.
You are the restorer of the broken. I ask that the Love of God which passes knowledge will arrest this wife. Open her eyes and her heart to you. Send laborers in her path, to minister God’s love, mercy, and His Salvation.
We call it done in Jesus name!
Heavenly Father, I give you all praise and adoration, because your word is ever true. I give you thanks, because no weapon that is formed against this marriage will stand (Isaiah 54:17).
I declare that every arrow shot to destabilise this marriage is broken to pieces, in Jesus name.
With the spiritual authority given to me through Christ Jesus, I command the fire of God to consume every wedge that is meant to be put between me and my spouse, through bad and ungodly advice, and false teachings.
Every evil hand of demonic manipulation is crushed, in Jesus name. I retrieve my marriage from the jaws of the evil one, in Jesus name. Thank you, Abba Father, because IT IS DONE, in Jesus name.
This great sermon from Rick Warren takes a look at how to resolve conflict and restore relationships in your marriage.
About the Author of this Blog Post
Crystal Ayres has served as our editor-in-chief for the last five years. She is a proud veteran, wife and mother. The goal of ConnectUs is to publish compelling content that addresses some of the biggest issues the world faces. If you would to reach out to contact Crystal, then go here to send her a message.
Powerful Prayers for Marriage and Restoration [Quotes + Verses]
Do you feel your relationship is in trouble? Perhaps your better half has left, your marriage is on the rocks, or you simply feel place with the person you are with. You value the relationship that you have with your husband or wife, and you honor and respect the vows that you took in front of God and witnesses.
Despite the best of intentions, there are times when even the most perfect relationship has problems and issues. It is common for a member of the relationship to run-away from those problems, or refuse to face them by trying to leave the relationship and the home you’ve made together.
Do not despair, there is hope, you just have to find faith and encouragement from our gracious Lord above.
Prayer can repair the most damaged marriage. The power of God can bring two people, who are intended to be together, back into a love filled marriage. Your union will know the love from the blessings of God if you keep your eyes on Him in all things. Through prayer, anything is possible.
God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can mend any bridges that may have been burned by conflict, clear away any confusion, and give you the power to forgive when needed most. If your relationship is in need of a blessing and you have nowhere to turn, always consider the power of prayer.
God is always there to listen, and his followers on earth are always ready to assist in having your prayer requests heard.
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
Prayer for Restoring Marriage
Lord, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in grave trouble, and I need Your help and closeness. Please make changes in my spouse's heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together as we were before.
Fill us with Your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your life long wishes for us. Show us the harm caused by careless, uncalled for words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Heal the division between the two of us.
Make us one again. In Your precious name I pray, amen.
Prayer for a Loving Soulmate
I seek a partner who enhances me by his/her very being.
who brings more love, joy, peace and prosperity to my life, Who I can love fully and who can fully receive my love, Who loves, honors and cherishes me completely, and always.
May my heart be open and my head be clear. May my life be ready to welcome True love. May I be embraced in a circle of your love An uplifted by your grace. And so it is.
Prayer for a Marriage In Need
My heart cries out to You, my Maker of Heaven and of Earth! Please bring healing to our broken hearts, bring restoration to our relationship, ignite lost passion, and inspire forgotten intimacy. Please transform the two of us from the inside out, and lead us in Your way. We trust in you, Precious Jesus. Always. Amen.
Prayer for a Lost Love/Partner
Precious Savior, please pray that my heart's desire be granted, and the return of the love of my life would come to fruition.
I pray that my spouse/partner may have healed his/her wounds from the past, and forgiven all that has gone wrong between the two of us.
Lord, help my lost love be able to follow his/her heart to their desire and love me for me. I ask that we be forever reconciled as one, from this day forward.
Prayer for a Friends’ Troubled Marriage/Relationship
Heavenly Father, I come before you and lay this troubled marriage/relationship in your hands. I ask that you would revive this couple, and draw them toward happiness shared together.
I ask that you would renew their love and passion for one another, and that you would untangle the conflicts and strife that has damaged and angered them towards one another. Please bring understanding and tenderness of heart to both of them.
May they both embrace the miracle that you desire to do for them, and within their spirits. Amen.
Prayer for Financial Peace In Marriage
I lift up my heart to You today, my precious Lord. Please help us to rely on You more in our marriage when it comes to our finances. We can be easily distracted by the amount of money in our bank account, or even by the jobs we currently have.
Help us not to trust in the matter of money itself, but more importantly, trust in Your economy and Your word. May Your Holy Spirit fill us with wisdom in how to manage our finances, give us generous hearts to give to those in need, and teach us to not worry about money so much.
We pray there would be peace in our marriage, especially over finances, at all times, and in all ways. May Your presence keep us grounded, keep us calm, and keep us in Your will always.
Prayer for Clear Communication in Relationships
Lord, I feel my partner and I have had a difficult time clearly communicating with one another lately. We are both lacking in our compassion and understanding towards each other.
I pray we would be better than this, and that You will open our hearts to You. Holy Spirit, please help us be better communicators with each other.
I pray that we would live with understanding for what the other person is going through, and that we are thoughtful in our words and actions. Amen.
Bible Verses about Marriage:
«Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.» Mark 10:9
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.» 1Peter 4:8
“Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.» Ecclesiastes 9:9
Marriage Restoration Prayer Points
Many marriages are under attack from demons, the society or the couples themselves. And some marriages have been marred, separated or dissolved because of this.
But, these prayer points can assist you in your plight for restoration of your marriage. If your marriage is already under attack, these prayer points are perfect for you.
Pray them as often as you can, until you receive victory.
- Jesus I thank You for Your grace, love, protection and provisions in my life and family.
- Father God, I appreciate You for all the good things You have done in my life and marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I confess and repent of every sin I have committed, in Jesus’ name.
- I bring my marriage under God’s right hand of restoration today.
- And I pray for divine intervention in my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Restore and renew our love as couples, oh Lord.
- Bring back to us our joy, peace and comfort of marriage. In the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, rekindle the longing and passion we had for each other; to be in each other hand, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, cause our hearts to be united in love, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, take away every evil seed or fruit of separation, hatred, malice and divorce the enemy has sown in our marriage, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Deliverance and Restoration
- Father, remove from me anything negatively affecting the success of my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, take away from me every habit, custom or tradition driving my spouse away from me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, deliver me from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, set me free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
- Father God, remove stubbornness from me, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, change me and help me to contribute positively to the success of my marriage, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, help me to be faithful in my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I command total restoration of my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, bring a wind of fresh love, joy, peace and comfort upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father remove from my spouse anything negatively affecting the success of our marriage, in Jesus’ name.
Transformation of Spouse
- LORD, take away from my spouse every habit, custom or tradition bringing a separation into our marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, deliver my spouse from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God, set my spouse free from lying and deceit, in Jesus’ name.
- Father God, remove stubbornness from my spouse, in Jesus’ name.
- LORD, change my spouse and help him/her to contribute positively to the success of our marriage, in every way possible, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, help my spouse to be faithful in our marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- I command the fire of the Holy Ghost to consume every imagination of the powers of darkness to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil hand stretched out against the success of my marriage, I destroy you, by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I release, the consuming fire of God upon any person or personality fighting against my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
- The word of God declares, “…what therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” I declare, in accordance with the Word of God, that no man or woman can be able to destroy my marriage, in Jesus’ name.
Binding and Loosing
- Therefore, let God chase away any person determined to scatter my marriage.
- I break in pieces every horn scattering my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- And I rebuke and reject every agent of darkness sent to wreck my marriage.
- Because of the blood of Jesus, I shatter every covenant that gives the enemy upper hand to hinder the success of my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- So, I destroy every evil foundations against the prosperity of my marriage.
- wise, I free my marriage from every form of manipulation, in Jesus’ name.
- And I command the blessings of God upon my marriage, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Therefore, I command total restoration of everything the enemy has taken from my marriage.
- And I retrieve back my marriage, from the hands of the enemy, in Jesus’ name.
- Thank God for answers to your prayers.
Please, kindly spare a few moments of your time to Pray For Someone
You can send your prayer request to us HERE. We are delighted to bring them before the throne of God. Visitors to our site can also pray for you.
The LORD is answering our prayers. Keep on praying! God Almighty intervenes when pray fervently.
3 Hopeful Prayers for Marriage Restoration
Marriage restoration is possible when a husband and wife are willing to work together with God on their relationship. Whether you’re dealing with communication problems, emotional issues unforgiveness and pride, or an impasse of unsolved differences, here are three hopeful prayers that can help you with your marriage restoration.
A Prayer to Save a Marriage from Divorce
Lord Jesus, we’re desperate for your help. Our marriage is crumbling, and we’re stumbling over the word, “divorce.” We’ve both been listening to other “voices,” telling us just to give up—it’s not worth the fight. We don’t want to destroy our relationship or break the promises we made to each other until death do us part.
And we know Your desire is for healing too. But we don’t know what to do. Show us where to start to hedge up the gaps and exits we’ve created through selfishness, apathy, or pride. Reveal to us what we can’t see for ourselves. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
We’ve abandoned our first love for each other, and we need help to find the way back again.Restore in us a willing spirit, and help us not to point fingers or respond defensively. Teach us how to listen to each other and to really hear. The actions, attitudes, and emotions that have brought us to this place didn’t happen overnight. And we know it will take time to undo all the things that brought us here.
You have promised to teach us in the way we should go. You are a wise Counselor, and You know exactly what we need. All our hopes and expectations are in You. If outside Christian counsel is necessary to lead us back and “start over,” then direct us to ones who truly can help. You are the answer, Lord. Divorce is not what we want.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
A Prayer for Married Couples in Trouble
Lord Jesus, nothing seems to be going right in our marriage. Lately, we argue over so many things. Or we walk out in anger or silence, too upset to deal with any issues.
Sometimes we fuss about little problems that don’t really matter or hide things that really are important. But in Your eyes, Lord, everything matters. Pebbles grow to mountains when they pile up, day after day.
When did it all start? Did we retreat into our own worlds? Become too busy to care? Did we stop listening to You and to each other?
Teach us how to communicate—to simply talk to each other again with courtesy and kindness. Show us again what love and respect look , and what it means to honor and mutually submit to the other as a man and woman in love with You, Lord. We’ve forgotten all the basics.
And we sense that if we don’t deal with even small problems now, we’ll be facing a much greater roadblock later. Maybe we’ve forgotten what love is really . Or maybe we never really knew. Regardless, Lord, our marriage is in trouble. We need you.
No matter how difficult the circumstances, we want to face them together—with You on our side. You’ve told us we would experience troubles on this earth, but that You are the great Overcomer. With You, Lord, we can mend the tears and amend the errors.
With You, we can build a successful marriage. In Your name, Amen.
A Spiritual Warfare Prayer for Relationship Restoration
Lord God, we can no longer remain stagnant in our marriage. Yet we can’t move forward, and we refuse to go backward. Our relationship feels broken an old fashioned phonograph needle stuck on the same groove. So we are reaching out to You.
Protect us from becoming another divorce statistic. In the name and through the blood of Jesus Christ, we resist our enemy who wants us to end this marriage. Lord, we ask You to rebuke the devour who is trying to rip apart the beautiful covenant began in us as a couple.
We run to You, our Defender and Protector, our Refuge and Shelter in the time of trouble.We declare in the name of Jesus that our enemy, the devil, has no right to interfere in the sacred building of our relationship because You live in us and You are greater than the one who roams around looking for victims to destroy.
We know it is Your will to pray and believe for the healing of our marriage, and we are willing to work on it together. We stake our lives on Your promise, Lord, that when we trust in You with all our heart, You will direct our paths. You have connected our two spirits in oneness and cemented them with the bond of Your Holy Spirit.
And what God has joined together, we give no room for our enemy to bring division. Your Word brings us truth, and wearing the spiritual armor You have given to us, we will fight for our marriage with You as our Supreme Warrior and Commander, and the third strand in our relationship together.
In the precious and powerful name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we pray, Amen.
How to Pray Well for Your Marriage
1. Submit yourself to God and each other, confessing any wrong attitudes or actions that have caused or that might contribute to a troubling relationship.
2. Recommit your marriage to the Lord, inviting Him to take control daily.
3. Through prayer, use God’s Word and other spiritual warfare as weapons to protect your marriage, asking God to give you wisdom in building a successful marriage that stands against all odds.
4. Pray for God to show you creative ways to enhance and build a healthy spiritual, emotional, and physical love relationship in your marriage.
5. Pray often alone and together for your mate, and ask the Lord how you can bless your spouse daily.
5 Bible Verses about Marriage
- Matthew 19:4-6NLT, “Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female.’ “And he said, ‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
’Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together.”
- Hebrews 13:4 TLB, Honor your marriage and its vows.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9, 12 NIV,Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor….A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
- Ephesians 5:32-33 MSG, What is clearest to me is the way Christ treats the church. And this provides a good picture of how each husband is to treat his wife, loving himself in loving her, and how each wife is to honor her husband.
- Proverbs 13:7 NLT, Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
No matter how difficult your situation or how troubled you may feel in your relationship, God cares about your marriage.
If you are both willing to ask for God’s intervention and to pray for marriage restoration, He will give you the help and direction you need to build a loving, hope-filled marriage relationship.
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart.
She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com.
You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
This article is part of our Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can't find the words to pray.Serenity Prayer
The Lord’s Prayer
Irish Blessings & Prayers
Good Night Prayers
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for Protection
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to start your day with prayer; read today’s prayer and sign up to receive it by email.
Photo credit: ©Thinkstock/DigitalSkillet