Grateful Thanks For My Job
Thank You Messages for Colleagues at Work | Appreciation Messages for a Colleague
Sometimes you want to send thank you messages for colleagues at work but don’t know where to start or how to do it. It is good to send appreciation messages to a colleague at work
You can show your gratitude for their help or support by sending them these Thank You Messages for Colleagues or Appreciation Messages for a Colleague
A handwritten note of thank you message is a great way to show your heartfelt gratitude for all the good things your colleague or workmate have done to make the workplace a comfortable place to work and have fun.
Below are ideas you can use to write your own unique message to express your gratitude for their support.
Thank You Messages for Colleagues at Work
1. Thank you for your guidance, encouragement and support. Your contributions to my success at work will forever remain in my heart.
2. You are the best co-worker I have ever met. Your help has made my job easier and more enjoyable. I really appreciate your time and effort.
3. Thank you for caring and supporting me wholeheartedly, though our work together. The role you have played in my life is immeasurable. I am grateful for all your help and continued support.4. Thank you for the favor you did for me. You are the best; you have made me achieve this much.
5. You are a great asset; your help has really brought out the potential in me. Thank you for building my career
6. Thank you for making this place a perfect place to work in. You are the best!
7. Thank you for your assistance, your help has given me the peace of mind.
8. I count myself as being lucky, thank you for the effort and support you have shown me
9. Thank you for being there for me always. You are the best co-worker I have ever worked with!
10. Working with you and being close to you made me appreciate life. Thanks for making me feel better.
You May also : Appreciation Messages for Good Work
Thank You Message to Colleagues
11. Thanks for always being on my side. You are not only my workmate; but my best friend and my mentor.
12. Thank you for everything I have ever learned from you, you are the one who has shaped my career
13. I would to thank you for your kindly support. You are an amazing co-worker, I will never forget all the things you have done for me14. Thanks for encouraging me and inspiring me to always get things done. You are one of the secrets of my many achievements. You are the best co-worker.
15. I feel so blessed for working in an office where employees care so much for one another. You are the best. Thank you for always being there for me.
16. You are not just my colleague at work, but my best friend I have ever had. I appreciate your time and support.
Thank You Message to Colleagues for Support
1. Having a coworker you is a blessing, Thank you for your support at work.
2. I was really overwhelmed by my work, I don’t know what I would have done if it was not your help. Thank you for your support.
3. I look at you are a role model and mentor. You have been so supportive to me. Thank you for your advice and help.
4. Your advice is always very helpful, you are always on point. Thank you for your advice and support
5. Thank you for being the best colleague I have ever worked with. I want you to know I really appreciate your support. You have made this department more productive.
6. Thank you for your guidance and support throughout my Internship. You are simply the best co-worker I have ever met. Thank you for shaping my career.
Thank You Message to Colleagues for Hard Work
1. I thought this project would stall, but you have seen it through. Thank you for your dedication and hard work
2. You have been a good listener even if you had more on your table. Thank you for your support and hard work.
3. Here’s to let you know how much we are appreciating your support in this project. You have been a pillar in moving this project forward. We thank you for your hard work!4. Thank you for your effort and the awesome teamwork! We have made it to the top because of your collective effort.
5. I wish everyone was you, dedicated and hardworking. Thank you for hard work and never letting the team down.
6. Thank you for being there for me when I needed you most. I know holding two positions at the same time is not an easy task.
7. To the best team ever, I take this opportunity to thank you for your dedicated hard work.
Thank You Message for Support at Work
1. Thank you for all your brilliant contributions in restructuring our department, it was very helpful to have your input.
2. The improvement we are seeing is all because of your contribution and effort. Thank you so much for making this department shine.
3. The profits you are seeing are all your suggestions, Thank you for making this business profitable.
4. Thank you for turning the tables from a loss making venture to a profitable venture. Your work is highly appreciated in this company.
5. The customer base has greatly increased. Thank you for the streamlined processes that you suggested.
6. With your guidance and support, I am sure the company is on the right path. Thank you for your support.
7. We as a company really appreciate your guidance and time you spent leading this company to our future dreams.
8. It was truly a smooth transition, thank you for your support and guidance.
Thank You Messages for Colleagues When Leaving
I have learned a lot when working with you; I know you will be successful wherever you go. Thank you!
I just want you to know, it has been interesting working with you. You are a wonderful colleague. It has been an honor working with you. Thank you for your kindness and help. I wish you best of luck and success in your new job.
I wish there is a way I could follow you to your new job, you have been a wonderful colleague. Thank you for your support. Keep in touch!Thank you for being my best friend here at work. It has been a blessing working with you; I wish you the best of luck wherever you go.
We are dearly going to miss you; we wish you the best of luck in your new appointment. Thank you for your guidance.
Thank you for your support and guidance. I am going to miss you here. Keep in touch!
You have been an inspiration to our department, Thank you for making us stand out. We would love to follow you. Stay in touch!
If you find these messages useful and lovely, kindly share it with your friends on , , and other social media. Thanks You for Doing so.
21 Thank you note for a promotion to boss examples
Thanking your boss for a promotion will show your gratitude and appreciation. This post will help you write a thank-you note to thank your boss for promoting you.
What you say in your note may depend on what is involved in your promotion. Here are a few questions to consider to help you decide what to include in your note:
- Is it a new position created just for you?
- Will you now be a manager?
- Same position, but taking on more responsibility, such as a senior position?
- Is it because you learned a new skill that will benefit your team or another department?
- Did your boss or manager recommend you for the promotion?
Answers to these questions may help determine if you want to thank your boss for something specific other than just the promotion.
The last time I was promoted, I was promoted to the senior level position of my role. My boss recognized my abilities and additional responsibilities with a change in title and a raise.
- Most promotions include a raise. You may want to thank your boss for the raise too. There are “thank your boss for the raise” examples in the post here that may help you with your note wording. There are also some examples included below. The primary reason for the note is thanking for the promotion so adding “Thank you for the raise” is sufficient. Or you may not want to mention the raise at all.
- A short note that only says “Thank you for the promotion” may be enough if you don’t your boss or don’t have anything else you want to say. Only saying “Thank you for the promotion” is better than not expressing your gratitude.
- The difference between a note and letter is the length. If you write more than one paragraph, that will make it feel more a letter. Either is okay and how much you write will depend on your situation. A letter can include details of how the boss helped make the promotion possible, such as mentoring.
- I encourage you to read through all of the examples. You may want to take wording inspiration from more than one of the samples for your note.
- As when thanking your boss for raise, I don't recommend mentioning any actual dollar amounts or percentages of your raise as you don't know who else may see your note (even if sent via email). This will help keep your raise amount confidential if other teammates happen to look at your note. Of course, if you work at a university or other workplace, where all salary amounts are publicly available, this is less of a concern.
Below are some examples of wording you could use in your note. Words in [brackets] should be filled in as appropriate for your situation.
The examples notes are the center section of the note. Look at this cheat sheet to see the complete lay a thank-you note.
Thank you for the promotion note examples
Thank you for the promotion! I am excited and look forward to adding more value to the team in my new position.
Thank you for the promotion. I appreciate that my effort in learning the [new skill] is being recognized. The team is already sending me requests to use [new skill].
I am excited about my promotion! Thank you for recognizing my accomplishments in the past year by promoting me to senior [position name]. I look forward to the continued success of our team.
Thank you for promoting me to [position]. I am excited to start the position next week. I appreciate you for trusting me with this opportunity.
I want to take a few minutes to thank you for promoting me. I appreciate the opportunity. And I look forward to continuing to grow under your leadership.
What a great day! Thank you for promoting me to [position]. I will do my best to excel in this position. I am grateful for the opportunity.
I am grateful for the promotion. Your input during the last few years has been valuable in helping with my career progression. Thank you for investing in me. I will make you proud as the new [position name].
I am looking for to starting in the the manager role next week. Thank you for the giving me a shot at leading a team. Your support and mentoring during the past few months has beneficial. Also, thank you for agreeing to help me transition into the new role.
#9Thank you for promoting me to Senior [job title]! I look forward to being able to share my knowledge with others in an official capacity. Your guidance and advice has been very helpful over the years.
Thank you for recommending that I apply for the open position on the team. I am very thankful that I am being promoted into the role. All that time applying your advice to learn [program name] paid off. You're the best boss I've ever had.
I am looking forward to working as a [job title]. Thank you for promoting me. I will be just as dedicated in the new position and look forward to learning even more about [program or project].
The career advancement here at [company name] has been wonderful for me. I am thankful that once I put my skills to use that my value was recognized and am thrilled that I'm being moved up to the next level. I look forward to taking more online classes to further my skills as I continue to support the team.
I am thrilled with my recent promotion to [job title]. Thank you for recommending me to [person's name on new/team department]. Since she hasn't worked directly with me, I feel that it was your positive remarks that helped her decide to go with me. If there is anything I can do to help you find someone to replace me on your team, please let me know.
Thank you for recommending me to be the manager of the new team! I am looking forward to being a team lead and working alongside of you. I am grateful for all the time you spent mentoring me and answering my questions about what it is to be a manager here.
Thank you for the promotion! Becoming a [job title] has been a goal of mine since I started working here 3 years ago. Because of your awesome support, I've been able to take the right steps and focus on projects needed to learn the skills for the position.
Thank you for the promotion and raise examples
Working on your team has been amazing for my career. I am excited about the promotion to Senior [title]. Also, thank you for the raise! I appreciate them both and look forward to continued success here at [Company Name].
I want to thank you for the recent raise and promotion. Your work ethic and leadership have been an inspiring example of how a boss should perform. I am looking forwarding to working side by side with you as I lead a team for the first time.
Thank you for the raise and promotion! What a great way to end the year. I am grateful for both and will continue to enjoy working on your team.#19
I am thankful for the promotion and the raise that came with it. You've been a wonderful boss and mentor to me. And, I'm excited that I will get to use more of my skills in [the new program that you have been learning] once I transition to the new position.
Example #20: Thank you for the promotion letter[Boss name],
Thank you for creating a new position for me and the promotion with it. Your support in pushing it through with upper management and human resources has been amazing. Thank you for trusting in my abilities and recognizing my passion.
Your support has changed my life. I will now get to spend more time doing the type of work I enjoy every day which will benefit the company.
Best Regards,[Your Name]
Example #21: Thank you for the promotion and raise letter
Note: If you don't want to mention the raise simply remove “and giving me a raise.”
Dear [Boss Name],
Thank you for promoting me and giving me a raise. I am delighted with both and will continue to work hard for you and the team. I look forward to the additional responsibilities as [job title].
The new projects you assigned to me during the past year challenged me and made coming to work every day a joy. The time you've invested in me has paid off. I've grown as a leader and in my technical skills which will benefit the company in my new role.
I plan to pay it forward and find a newer employee to take under my wing, just as you did for me. Investing in people is time well spent as you have proven over and over again.
Thank you for all your support.
I hope these examples helped your write a wonderful thank-you note to your boss!
Whether you’re job searching, working on your professional development, or building your career, you’ve probably been in a situation that warranted showing appreciation and gratitude. Perhaps you received a job lead and a pep talk from a former colleague.
Maybe you had an informational interview with someone who has now taken you under their wing and is serving as a mentor. It might even be a family member who’s your greatest fan.
Whatever the situation, one way to show gratitude is to write a thank-you note that expresses your appreciation.
Why gratitude matters
Before getting into writing the content for your thank you letters, let’s ask the question, “why gratitude?” What is it about being appreciative that even makes it important? Showing gratitude is a great way to clear your mind when you are feeling overwhelmed.
After moving at top speed or going through routine motions for a while, slow down the pace so you can contemplate how those around you add value to your life in some way. Knowing who you are thankful for and for what reasons can really help you strike a balance.
a hug, expressing appreciation typically feels good to both giver and receiver. In addition to making someone else’s day, showing gratitude packs a powerful punch of other benefits. According to studies by Robert Emmons, gratitude’s physical, psychological, and emotional perks include:
- Stronger immune systems and lower blood pressure
- More joy and pleasure, more optimism and happiness
- More forgiving and outgoing outlooks, less lonely and isolated feelings
For these reasons, we suggest exploring opportunities for saying “thank you.” It doesn’t have to be reserved for after a job interview. Here are some ideas for identifying other situations worthy of a note of thanks or gratitude. The following samples are designed to help you get your inspiration flowing:
The trusty “job lead” friend
Let’s say you have a friend who’s really in-the-know about the latest job openings, and customizes what she sends you your interests and a strong understanding of your abilities. A thank-you note is a great way to not only show appreciation but also let them know they are really on the mark with the job leads and suggestions they give. Try a note this:
I just wanted to share how much the job leads you send mean to me. The attention you pay to the details of each opportunity is clear to see, because the ones you send match not only my interests but my abilities. What you do is really motivating and keeps me uplifted in my job search.
To know that you consider me able to do _____________ and _____________ enhances my confidence in myself. It keeps me inspired to apply for more jobs where my ________ skills can really shine.
I really appreciate that you’ve taken such an interest in my job search and am grateful for the way you’ve stepped in as my personal “career sleuth!”
Why this works: In addition to expressing your appreciation, you are affirming that what your friend has sent is helpful to you, and that if they continue sending similar leads, they are on the right track.
The informational interviewee-turned-mentor
So you got up the courage to ask someone for an informational interview, and they really took you under their wing.
Maybe they went above and beyond to keep the conversation going, shared great resources, or invited you to an event that will be attended by some key hiring managers in your field…plus gave you the low-down on their typical hiring practices. What to say to show your gratitude:
Thank you for taking the time to chat with me about your career in __(industry, cause area)_ over the last few weeks.
I learned so much about _____ and _______, and will be sure to check out the latest set of insights and leads you shared with me.
I am so appreciative of not only the way you have taken me under your wing after our first meeting, but your generosity with your time and resources. The interest that you show in my success and development is something for which I feel very grateful.
Please know that my offer to assist with your ________ project still stands. If my skills are not the best match, I’m happy to pass along the message to my contacts in an effort to find a great volunteer!
Why this works: In addition to showing your gratitude, you are offering to assist your mentor. If your skills are not an appropriate match, showing willingness to tap into your networks is a great alternative!
The “biggest fan” family member
Many of us have a family member who has earned the title “biggest fan.” In their eyes, no challenge is so insurmountable that we can’t overcome it and our every accomplishment is worthy of celebration and praise. Here’s an example of showing gratitude via the written word:
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the support you’ve shown me throughout my career, particularly during my latest __(race to a promotion, job search, unemployment fiasco)______. You’ve always been someone I could call my “biggest fan.
” What means the most to me is that you do more than tell me I’m “great” at what I do, or that I’m a shoe-in for an opportunity. You take it a few steps beyond and share the reasons why you think so. Sometimes it seems you remember my achievements even better than I do myself.
I always appreciate your ability to see how my talents can make a difference and you’ve made me a believer too! After a chat with you, I always feel more confident and capable, and for that I will always be grateful.
Why this works: Keeping it warm and appreciative is a great way to strengthen familial bonds. It expresses not just appreciation but understanding of the effects your “biggest fan” has on your well-being and confidence. When they know it’s working, they are more ly to keep it up!
The “saved the day” colleague
Whether you’ve been stumbling over an appropriate response to a workplace issue or you’ve been scrounging for the most cost-effective way to get a project completed, sometimes the help of a colleague can really make the difference. When you’ve had a colleague “save the day,” try a note this:
When you found me sitting at my desk unproductively tapping my pen against it last week, you could have just walked on by and left me to my _(writer’s block, unresolved issue, confusion…)_. Instead, you pulled over a seat and went right to work with me.
I can’t thank you enough for not only your teamwork and support, but for your vote of confidence. You really pulled me my work slump.
I also appreciate the way you used your insights from your department to develop a really seamless solution that provides benefits all around! Knowing now how your team tackles ______, I’m happy to compare notes the next time you are working on ____________ so we can achieve similar success.Why this works: Positive interactions with colleagues allow for a more supportive relationship that can help everyone thrive.
While your co-worker may have stepped in without any expectation of you returning the favor, always take an opportunity to see your organization and its work from the perspective of another department- maybe even identify a way that you can provide insights for that area.
The “just lets me vent” friend
This person knows that talking it out might just be all you need. No unsolicited ideas or solutions, brainstorming sessions, or “I told you so’s” this friend simply lets you vent and work out your feelings. When you want to express feelings of a different kind, try something this:
When you stopped by yesterday, you may not have known just what you were getting into by asking me how things are going. And after letting me talk for nearly an hour about __(current issue in your professional life)_____, I wanted to express my appreciation.
The sympathetic way you just listened without going into “solution mode” was just what I needed. I really felt heard and understood- you have a rare gift for that! Thank you not only for being there, but for giving me exactly what I needed at the time.
I can now say that after thinking “out loud”, I feel ready to tackle this issue head-on. Thank you!
Why this works: This note shows that in addition to being appreciative of the person’s time and attention, you are ready to take the “next step.” People are more inclined to help out in the way you need them to when they feel it makes a true, lasting difference.
8 Email Templates to Thank Employees for Their Great Work
We are talking about saying ‘Thank You’ and you appreciating their work.
When was the last time you thanked an employee for the task they have been doing? Perhaps it is about time you start writing those ‘Thank you’ emails to them.
The purpose of the ‘thank you’ letter or email is to show appreciation for the people who have helped you succeed or make your work life enjoyable.
By sending out these emails to your employees, it will be of benefit to you as your employees will be encouraged to perform better after receiving these token of appreciations. Treat it as a morale booster for your employees. These will reiterate your employee’s belief in the job and will make him feel wanted and important at their workplace.
Here are some ideas of email templates you can use to thank your employees.
Thank you for a job well done
A commonly used email templates to thank your employees for a job well done would be as follows:
Dear Bob, On behalf of the 6Q management, I would to extend our appreciation for the amazing work done by you on the High Five project. The endless hours that you have spent working on this project, and the professionalism that you have shown has impressed the entire team immensely. Your diligence, self-motivation as well as dedication have been a source of inspiration for the rest of the team. Thank you once again for all your effort. Best regards, The 6Q Management Team
Thank you for your hard work
While we try not to encourage employees working past their usual office hours, a little thank you note would be great as employees would realise that their hard work has not gone to waste.
Dear Sarah, Thank you for assisting Project Manager, Alice Lee on the recent project. It only goes to show how dedicated you are in wanting to achieve the best for the company. The management team could not have done it without your help. Regards, The 6Q Management Team
Thank you for volunteering
Not every employee have the time to volunteer their time and services after work hours. Do not forget to thank your employees for giving back to the community.
Dear Tim, The 6Q’s management team would to thank you for volunteering and stepping in for Project Manager, Rachel during the period of her absence. We were impressed with the work produced by you and you showed leadership qualities that the rest of the team could look up to. On behalf of the team at 6Q, thank you once again. Regards, The 6Q Management Team
How to Make Employees Feel Appreciated and Valued
Thank you for your sales performance
During some tough, reaching the sales target can be quite a challenge and at times demoralising. Here is another email template you can use to thank your employees for their excellent sales performance.
Dear Lauren, Congratulation on achieving the sales target of the month! We also to take this opportunity to and thank you for an excellent performance. Your hard work and determination were paid off and we are truly grateful. The management team at 6Q know the amount of effort that you put into your job and we assure you that your efforts are significantlyappreciated. We understand that in the hustle and bustle of the day, we may not show our appreciation as effectively as we might. Sincerely, The 6Q Management Team
Photo: James Collins, Flickr
Thank you for a great year
You know that your employees have worked really hard throughout the year, so why not send them a personalised email to wrap up the year.
Dear Sarah, As we have come close to the end 2016, I would to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you have done to make this a successful, terrific place to work. Have a wonderful break and looking forward to seeing you in the new year! Best regards,The 6Q Management Team
Thank you for going the extra mile
Pretty sure have have that one employee who provides help even without being asked. Here is an email template just for them.
Dear Sam, The management team at 6Q would to extend our gratitude and thank you for your contributions in helping our company move into the new premises While that is not part of your job description you too the time office hours and helped out without being asked. You went well above and beyond our expectations. We could not have done it without your help. Regards, The 6Q Management Team
Thank you for being a great leader
Even leaders and managers need some employee recognition as well. So why not drop them an email to thank them for being a great leader.
Dear Michael, With lots of positive feedback from your team members, we would to thank you for your outstanding job leading the web redesign project. The project met its goals and serves as an example for the company about how a project team can set goals and obtains support from the organisation. You recognised each member of your team in a thoughtful, deserving way, and I am certain that your team members feel rewarded and recognised under your leadership. Once again, I am so happy with the contribution that you have made to 6Q through your leadership of the web redesign team. I hope to make use of your leadership skills in the future. Regards, The 6Q Management Team
Thank you for being YOU!
It may sound silly but there are some employees who are not themselves. Mainly, they are afraid of not being accepted, just because they are different. Take some time off your busy schedule and thank them for being… them!
Dear Sally, I would to take this opportunity to thank you for being you! Your jovial and optimistic work attitude among your peers have been wonderful. You are truly an inspiration to the team and definitely an important role in the company. Keep it up and thank you once again! Regards, The 6Q Management Team
Here is a summary of the types of thank you letter templates:
- Thank you for a job well done
- Thank you for your hard work
- Thank you for volunteering
- Thank you for your excellent sales performance
- Thank you for a great Year
- Thank you for going the extra mile
- Thank you for being a great leader
- Thank you for being YOU!
These employees’ thank you letters are a perfect way to show the company’s gratitude to some employees or even peers for their hard work and effort, as well as their accomplishment to a project.
Regardless of the types of letter sent out, always remember these employees who have been there for you or your company. You can also view our post on other simple ways to thank your employees.
email templates say thank you to your employees thank employees