For God’s Healing Touch On Our Lives
6 Important Reasons To Bring Hidden Hurts To God For Healing
Why do we hide our hurts? For some of us it’s because of pride, fear, or shame. Yet in order to grow up spiritually, we must deal and bring to light our hidden hurts for healing.
There’s no painful experience that God can’t touch and use for His glory. We must be willing to admit our weakness and receive His divine hand to move on our behalf.
Look at the 6 important reasons to bring your hidden hurts to God:
#1) God knows
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).
We can bring our hidden hurts to God because He already knows about them. He knows when we avoid dealing with our pain. God is patient and willing to wait until we grow to accept His unmerited grace to cope with it. God’s knowledge of our hidden hurts can encourage us as we know that He will take care of us. Healing is possible because God knows when no one else does.
#2) God cares
“…God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins” (1 John 4:8-10).
The love of God is greater than the pain of our hidden hurts. His unconditional love interweaves through our past, present, and future hurts to give us comfort and peace.
We have to be willing to embrace His love if we are to get beyond the pain of the past. There’s a confidence that rises in our hearts when we experience God’s love.
Healing is possible because God cares even when we can make ourselves care enough.
#3) God provides
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
Many of our hidden hurts are due to lack of something—whether lack of love, trust, peace, or comfort. The Lord provides whatever we need to overcome hidden hurts.
He can bring what no one else could provide due to their finite abilities. Our trust is in the all-powerful God to do above and beyond what we could ask or imagine.
Healing is possible because God provides everything we need to move forward.
#4) God desires
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing” (Luke 13:34).
The God we serve isn’t some cosmic, unfeeling force in heaven. He is a loving Father who desires nothing but the best for His children. He wants each of us to succeed in this life and He knows we can’t have success while carrying the baggage of hidden pain. Healing is possible because God desires the good things for our lives.
#5) God heals
“Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me” (Psalm 30:2).
Much of our hidden pain is due to incomplete spiritual, emotional, and physical healing. The Lord we serve is the greatest Doctor and He can heal us in ways we could’ve never imagined. We must pray and seek His healing touch for our hidden hurts. Healing is possible because God heals in His perfect way and timing.
#6) God delivers
“Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:25).
Many times we have hidden hurts because of our own bad decisions. We can feel trapped by the consequences of our sins and the enemy continues to hold us captive in our minds. However, we can be set free because God delivers His people as they cry out to Him. Healing is possible because God delivers those who submit to Him with a pure heart.
Healing Hidden Hurts
Our hidden hurts aren’t really hidden at all. Not only are they evident to God, but also to those who live or work around us will sense the brokenness within our hearts. We can first make sure that we are seeking God’s forgiveness and put our hope in Him regardless of the situation. God is more than able to heal our hurts and present us spotless to His Son.
More in the Bible about healing: 12 Helpful Scriptures for Healing
Resource – New International Version Bible, The Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblca, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Would you to get the daily question in your messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
as: bring hurts to God, God heals hidden hurt, tips and advice
Share this post: SU | Reddit | Digg | |
20 Bible Verses about Healing that Only God Can Give
In times of spiritual, emotional or physical pain, we can rely on healing scriptures to comfort our souls and guide us towards recovery. We have compiled this collection of Bible verses about healing as a resource of solace for times of pain and sorrow.
Life doesn’t always give us what we expect or even hope for. Many of us know what it’s to be emotionally hurt by friends, family, or even a spouse. Many more know what it is to live with a disorder, illness, or chronic pain that won’t go away. We all need healing in some way or another. A healing only God can give.
We can rely on God’s power, to not only heal our emotional pain but for physical healing as well. These are the best healing Bible verses to meditate on. May they encourage you with whatever emotional, spiritual, or physical healing you need today.
Bible Verses for Emotional and Spiritual Healing
1. “For I am the Lord who heals you.” – Exodus 15:26 NLT
2. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. – Psalm 147:2 NLT
3. “My wayward children,” says the Lord, “come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts.” – Jeremiah 3:22 NLT
4. O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone! – Jeremiah 17:14 NLT
5. [H]ow God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. –https://media.swncdn.com/cms/IB/46474-193.jpg Acts 10:38 NLT6. Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Matthew 11:28-29 NLT
7. He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. But his wounds you are healed. – 1 Peter 2:24 NLT
8. But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. – Isaiah 53:5 NLT
9. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. – Psalm 103:2-3 NLT
10. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. – Proverbs 3:5-8 NLT
Scriptures for Physical Healing
11. But what could I say? For he himself sent this sickness. Now I will walk humbly throughout my years because of this anguish I have felt. Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live! – Isaiah 38:15-16 NLT
12. “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord. – Jeremiah 30:17 NLT
13. Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. – Psalm 6:2 NLT14. The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health. – Psalm 41:3 NLT
15. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his work and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. – Psalm 107:19-20 NLT
16. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. – Matthew 14:14 NLT
17. They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed. – Matthew 14:36 NLT
18. So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. – Mark 1:34
19. Jesus said to the woman, “You are now well because of your faith. May God give you peace! You are healed, and you will no longer be in pain.” – Mark 5:34 CEV
20. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. – James 5:15 NLT
A Prayer For Personal Healing – Pray to Be Healed and Recover
What is your favorite Bible verse about healing? Share it below and see what verses were most significant for other readers.
A special gift for iBelieve.com readers: Jen is offering FREE access to her Encouraging Printables Library, which includes printable scripture cards (in KJV, ESV, and NLT), encouraging Bible verses printable sheets, and more. An email address is required, but you may unsubscribe at any time. Learn more and gain access now.
Jen Grice is a Christian Divorce Mentor and Empowerment Coach, author of the book, You Can Survive Divorce: Hope, Healing, and Encouragement for Your Journey, a speaker, and a single homeschooling mom. She writes full-time at JenGrice.
com and empowers women to survive and heal after their unwanted divorce on her channel as well. Jen believes that through God's healing, grace, and redemption that all Christian women can survive… and even thrive, after divorce.
Navigating this foreign territory we call divorce? Feeling alone? Start here!