Discernment in the last days
Biblical Discernment is important for discernment of spirits especially in a deliverance ministry especially in these “Last Days”
Here are some of the keys to discernment that God has shown the body of Christ through His Word
- Godly Discernment. Know your HOLY GOD intimately. (When you have seen His glory, His holiness and His love – by drawing close to Him in prayer – then you can usually see through any “counterfeits” because you know the ‘real thing’ so well).
- The Word of God Biblical Discernment – Know your Bible. It is very important to be able to spot teachings that are either extra-biblical or directly opposed to what the Scriptures teach. However, it is important to remember that the Scribes and Pharisees were extremely learned in the Scriptures and yet they missed the very Messiah that was prophesied! So knowing the Bible is important – especially for doctrinal issues – but we need to be able to “discern the spirits” also.
- Truth Discernment. Be a “lover of truth”. This is very crucial. Are you someone who will actually stand up for TRUTH – even against the crowd? Or do you remain silent even when you feel something is very wrong?
- Purity of heart and Humility. Many deceptions only appeal to us because there is something inside us that “wants” to believe them. They are seductive because of darkness and wrong motives in our own lives. We must search our hearts and root these out.
- Spiritual Discernment – The ‘inner witness’ of the Holy Spirit. We must learn to NEVER over-ride this “still small voice”, as it will save us from deception again and again. Ask God for Biblical Discernment.
Many Christians get deceived especially since we are told in Church “Touch not the Lord’s anointed”, which makes Christians more gullible. The Bible says to test the spirits and warns very strongly that the Last Days there will be a time of seducing spirits. Many Christians throw out the God given Biblical Discernment.
Christians have an advantage over the world since we are full of the spirit of the Lord called “inner witness” of the Holy Spirit and the “still small voice” of the Lord speaking to us. We should not ignore those checks or that inner witness.
Many Christian override that inner bell or “inner witness” or “still small voice” telling them that something is wrong. We need to discern according to scripture. Hebrews 5:12-14
“For when by reason of the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need againthat some one teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the oracles ofGod; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food.For everyone that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness;for he is a babe.
But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason
of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil”
(Heb.5:12-14).After a reasonable period of time has passed, we should have grown to be able topartake of the meat of God’s word. He went on to say such individuals should be
able to “discern good and evil,” seeing they have had their senses
exercised by the continual use of God’s word. If we will continually use God’s
word, we will develop the ability to discern between good and evil.
When trying to decide if something is right or wrong, first ask yourself these questions: Does it destroy my identity as a Christian by causing me to be regarded as of the world? Does it classify me with Satan’s realm of sin instead of Christ and the church? God has always required His people to maintain a separation from Satan’s realm.
The Bible is very clear that the Last Days are a time of such widespread deception that it would “deceive if possible the very elect”. It also shows that much of this deception will arise from WITHIN the church – luring believers with “itching ears”. Do we see evidence of this kind of thing taking place today?
Another area is spiritual power and manifestations. People see spiritual power operating and assume that it “must be God”. But
this is a very dangerous assumption to make in these days. Not all manifestations of the spirit comes from God. Even the devil can heal the sick.
Many Christians will go down to the front to have something imparted to them fire, which can be very angerous. The impartation business has very flimsy backing in scripture. Who knows what these preachers are imparting today! We saw an example from the Todd Bentley so called revival. Many came back tormented with sexual demons through impartation of strange fire.
Today is a time “Last Days” the scriptures talks about strong deceptions or “powerful delusions”. Lets be wise and be aware what is happening around us. The enemy has targeted you to take you down in the last days. Don’t be a has hap in these last days. We have been given discernment to discern the times and discern what is going on around us especially in meetings.
Do not ignore the alarm bells and jump right into something that is not of God. Because your preacher says it is ok, does not make it right. Also don’t fall into the “peer pressure” as well. These ingredients can be lasting consequences you don’t want.
Must of the information above is from Andrew Strom
By: Traci Morin, Deliverance Minister, Missionary, Public Speaker
Spiritual Warfare Prayer: Breaking Generational Curses and Setting Captives Free
If you are not saved or confused about God’s love for you, check out the Salvation / Father’s Love Videos
Free Christian eBooks Download
- Derek Prince Books free download
- Smith Wigglesworth books free download